PDF format pagination

I have several reports utilizing Landscape layout.  I followed the Report
Writers Guide from the SDK with the Width at 11 and Height 8.25 or smaller.
However, when I export it to the PDF format, the layout shows up Portrait.
How could I change this?  The export is fine in Excel with the correct margin
setup.

Thanks.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to save worksheet in .cvs format?
I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. What version of Excel. 2003 has those options (Save As type). Did you use the down arrows to scroll down? Carole O "Carlannie" wrote: > I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu > for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. ...

COleDateTime Format
How can I format a COleDateTime so it appears in Long Format but without the seconds (this needs to run in the current local) For example "%#c" give me something like Friday February 24th 2003, 10:34:00 and what I want is Friday February 24th 2003, 10:34 Any ideas please? -- Michael Tissington http://www.tabtag.com http://www.oaklodge.com Try the following COleDateTime dtCurrentDate ( COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() ); AfxMessageBox( dtCurrentDate .Format( TEXT("%A %B %d, %Y %H:%M") ) ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] -----------------------...

Auto Sum + Conditional Formatting
I would like to take one cell and have it with the Auto Sum feature. Here's the catch: I have applied a simple Conditional Formatting to a number of cells. The formatting is setup for blank formatting: equal to ="" There is nothing between the quotes, which tells the formatting that if there isnt anything in the cell, then give the cell a color. If ANY value is placed in the cell, take away the color. So with that said, is there a way to have the Auto Sum feature add up those cells and tell me how many that are left that need a value? For example, if there are 60 cells to...

prob with conditional formatting formula
I am basically familiar with Excel 2000 but still a novice. This is th formula that I am trying to conditional format. =IF(SUM(B7:K7)=0,N6+M7-T7,(SUM(B7:K7)+M7+N6-T7)). If after seeing thi so far, your surprised that it works so am I. B7 through K7 ar various income columns. N6 is the previous CASH balance, M7 is anothe cash income column which is not taxed and T7 is a CASH payout column. Question - How do I write the formula in Cond. Format. to show a blan or invisible entry in column N6 if there is no activity in B7:K7 or M7 T7. I can only get part way there with =IF(SUM(B7:K7)=0,N6). ...

Multiple Column Conditional Formatting
Hi, I'm needing some help with performing a multiple column condition formatting. I have tried many "forumula is" in the conditional formatting with no success. I'm missing something. What I would like to have happen is, if the 2 conditions are true then I want the field to be color filled. Example: if the numeric value in k2>10 and the numeric value F2>100 then I would like cell K2 to be filled in red. Many thanks for your help Colleen one way: Select K2: CF1: Formula is =AND(K2>10,F2>100) Format1: <patterns>/Red In article &...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi all- Can someone give me detailed directions on how to format a column so that the cells with 4's in them are highlighted yellow, the cells with 5's in them are red and the cells with 6's are blue. I have tried using the wizard but the numbers 1-3 get highlighted also. Thanks in advance. LabLawrence Select the cells Open the Conditional Format dialog, use Highlight Rules -> Equal To; in the left had box enter 4, in the right-hand select a colour combination as needed Repeat for 5. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

date and time formatting
I have a formula in which the date and time are present in cells, bu when the destination cell returns them, they are in their numerica value. I need them to appear in the destination cell the same way the do in their home cells. here is the formula: ="p-v-w-"&B154&" ph "&E154&" fax "&H154&" ** "&X154&" * "&Y154&" "&AA154&" * "&" * "&AB154&" "&(Y4)&" - "&(Y5) y4 and y5 are the date and time cell refs Thanks and Happy ...

Font Styles and Formatting... Is it possible?
I do a lot of work in both English and Japanese and spend a great deal of time formatting text. Many times, I need the fonts for English and Japanese to be different sizes, e.g., the English in Times New Roman 12pt, and the Japanese in MS Mincho 9pt, or vice versa depending on the document. In Font Styles and Formatting, I can modify the default fonts and change the styles throughout the document no problem, but there is only one choice for the default font size, which is applied to both the Latin and Asian fonts. Is there a way to be able to choose the font size for Latin and Asia...

change a text format to number format
I need to link to someone elses table but they have used a different format type for a field called ACCOUNT. I am a beginner and do not know how to write SQL but I was wondering if it is possible to use an update query to change a text field in this situation into a number format. I am trying to run a mismatch query on this table with another table in my database that has a field called ACCOUNT but my table has a number format. I am trying to come up with a list of ACCOUNT numbers that are common in both tables. Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide Let...

INSERTING ROWS and LOSING FORMAT
I own a spreadsheet that has daily data inputted for, say 7, years; to add rows to increase my size, I "Insert" rows at the top of the spreadsheet, say 10 rows every day! And, for years, only until recently, every new cell was properly formatted. Now, each time I "Insert" a rows, my column formatted (as todays time) as follows: 12:43am becomes 12:43, or 1:27pm becomes 1:27 and, this occurs EVERY DAY for 3 rows only of my newly "INSERTED" 12 to 14 rows! I have never had this happen before, and I...

Excel not saving all data and formatting
Unable to save any further data or formatting to workbook. Each time I try to save I get the following message: Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added To return to your workbook without saving click Cancel If you want to continue saving changes without repairing the problem, click OK. When I click on help there is no message Maybe: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 And if you ever have trouble opening this file, you may want to try openOffice. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg down...

Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.
I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be selected by a single command How about cond. formatting? 1. Select the range. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" and copy in this: =OR(INDIRECT("rc",0)=MAX(rng),INDIRECT("rc",0)=MIN(rng)) where "rng" is a defined name for your range. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be >selected by a single command >. > What do you want to do with t...

Format window reset location
How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to the default setting. my professor has moved hers to the edge of the screen so that you cant really grab it with the mouse. thanks, See this page from J.E. McGimpsey for advice: <http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/formattingpalettegone.html> On 6/14/06 12:26 AM, in article 1150262807.021241.211750@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com" <pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com> wrote: > How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to > the default setting. my ...

Conditional Formatting Nested Formulas
I'm working with a large spreadsheet that has multiple status options. Each status has different criteria for example: Status Green Yellow Red T <60 >=60,<=80 >80 S <20 >=20,<=45 >45 D <30 >=30,<=55 >55 C <90 >=90,<=120 >120 B <30 >=30,<=60 >60 A <10 >=10,<=40 >40 I would like to apply conditional formats according to the status criteria. Is that possible given that each status has a different criterial. Thank you! One way to get going here .. Illustrated in this sample: http://www.freefileho...

Sending a mail .doc, others see all formatting.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) When I send a word doc to colleagues they can see all the formatting and editing. I cant see it on my screen nor when I print it out. How can I stoop this? Thanks ...

excel putting random cells into date format
I opened a new spreadsheetand started inputting data. About 100 lines into a very simple sheet of only 3 columns the numbers started turning inot dates all by them selves. I highlighted the cells and reformatted to the general formatting and it immediately went back to the date format. Additionally, when I printede the spreadsheet it printed pages and pages of blank gridlined sheets until I realized it and turned off the printer. THen when I saved the file it was 7meg! This file had 5 pages, 3 colums each and no more than 300 rows each. I cut and pasted the data into a spreadsh...

Auto Format
Can you create custom Auto Formats in Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Time format control
Hi everyone, I have a time of 08:38 and would like to truncate the last minute by using formatting to achieve 08:30. I currently do this using a formula to remove the last minute. I have tried custom formatting of hh.m but I still get 08:38. I have even tried hh.m"0" but get 08:380. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards Brad You can use this formula, it sounds as though you want round down to nearest 10th minute =FLOOR(A1,1/144) -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad kennedy" <brad_6663@hotmail...

Conditional formatting #17
Hi, I need to format a row or column based on the value a cell in that row. How could i do that? i.e. If the value of cell A1 is less than or equal to 0 u want the color pattern of B1 to H1 to change into green. tnx in advance, eqbal -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Usually conditional formatting is done based on the value of that cell. In this case, use the drop down box to change from "Cell Value is" t "Formula is". Select a cell and use the Toolbar Format - Conditiona formatting. You need to write a formula with a l...

format the whole row
I know in older versions, the file size would be huge if you formated a whole row rather then just the cells required. Does this still apply? E.g. A workbook I am using seems to run rather slow. The creator formatted many tables over about 25 sheets with borders but he did so by selecting the rows rather then the cells. I was wondering if I should take a couple minutes and clear the formatting from those columns? Thank you Deborah I don't think changing formatting will make any difference. You can easily check this out by making a copy of the workbook fo testing -- Message posted...

Formatting email when promoting to CRM
When I promote an email from Outllok to CRM, it seems to loose all the formatting of the original email. All the email's content remains as text only. Is there a way to promote email from Outlook preserving its original formatting? Thanx in anticipation ...

Transfer Cell Formatting for linked cells
How do you get the cell formatting (color) to transfer to a linked cell? Example: I have added color (red) to a particular cell (A1) in Sheet1. I have linked cell (B2) in Sheet 2 to the red colored cell (A1) in Sheet1 (i.e. =+Sheet1!A1). The cell value (A1) on Sheet1 transfers to the cell (B2) in Sheet2, however the color (red) does not transfer to cell (B2) in Sheet2. I want the cell value and the color (red) to transfer from cell (A1) Sheet1 to the cell (B2) in Sheet2. Is there a way to get the cell formatting/color to transfer along with the cell values from one linked cell to ...

How to set save format to Access 2002 as standard
Hi, I am currently planning to mass-install Office 2002 including Access 2002 on about 1.000 PCs. I found out that if I install them as standard Access 2000 saves as default to Access 2000 file format. I know how to set up on a single installation that Access has to save with Access 2002 file format, is there any way to set it up during the installation so I wouldn't have to do manually on about 1.000 installations? Please!!! Y/Jakob Networked PCs??? Hard to imagine that number of PCs without network. I am not an expert on the network side but surely your network admin people can...

Revert Office 2007 Toolbars to Office 2003 type format ?
The toolbar design in Office 2007 still makes me crazy even after a few months of use. Is there a way to revert to something closer to the Office 2003 text base toolbars. Thank You Not with Office 2007 itself. You can give the Classic Menus add-in a try: http://www.addintools.com/english/menuoffice/ Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http:/...

custom filtering/migration of .msg file contact data to .vcf format
I need a way to filter and process incoming sales contact data (name, addres, phone, etc) within incoming .msg files (sample .msg message body below) and append directly to my Outlook Contacts file (.vcf output) for future use. I receive this info from web queries emailed to me, and I'm looking for a way to automatically process every message contact in a format below - the volume of email could be very large, so it needs to be automatically executed by an outlook rule (I can setup a rule to apply only to these emails, based on the subject text, which can be assumed to be unique). I'...