Passing parameters using URL in isv.config.xml

I am trying to pass parameters using isv.config.xml's URL and receive
parameters in asp.
I have set the passparams="1" and winmode="0", since I want to open up
a webpage.
Using winmode="1" or "2", I am able to get the guid using windows
dialog arguments, thats not
really I want as I need to access the webpage which has javascripts
which will not work on posbacks.

I am having trouble how to pass parameters dynamically using
winmode="0".

Part of the isvconfig script:
<Entity name="new_entity">  <Grid>  <MenuBar> <ActionsMenu>
    <MenuItem Title="xxx"  Url="http://localhost/xxx.aspx"
WinMode="0"/>
    </ActionsMenu>
    <Buttons>
        <Button Title="Update" ToolTip="xxx"
Icon="/_imgs/wm_activities.gif"
         Url="http://localhost/xxx.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams=""
WinMode="0"/>
         </Buttons>
         </MenuBar>

        </Grid> </Entity>

If I hard code the values http://localhost/xxx.aspx?name="test" , it
will work as I can get the
name using Request object in asp. I want to know how I can pass the
name dynamically or even the guid is ok.

Any insights will be helpful.

0
srini
10/7/2006 5:45:18 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I just read I can get the oid and oType in the asp page. But I cant get
the old in the asp page when I used Request.Params["oId"] , not sure
what mistake I am making.

srini.venkatesan@gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to pass parameters using isv.config.xml's URL and receive
> parameters in asp.
> I have set the passparams="1" and winmode="0", since I want to open up
> a webpage.
> Using winmode="1" or "2", I am able to get the guid using windows
> dialog arguments, thats not
> really I want as I need to access the webpage which has javascripts
> which will not work on posbacks.
>
> I am having trouble how to pass parameters dynamically using
> winmode="0".
>
> Part of the isvconfig script:
> <Entity name="new_entity">  <Grid>  <MenuBar> <ActionsMenu>
>     <MenuItem Title="xxx"  Url="http://localhost/xxx.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams=""
> WinMode="0"/>
>     </ActionsMenu>
>     <Buttons>
>         <Button Title="Update" ToolTip="xxx"
> Icon="/_imgs/wm_activities.gif"
>          Url="http://localhost/xxx.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams=""
> WinMode="0"/>
>          </Buttons>
>          </MenuBar>
>
>         </Grid> </Entity>
>
> If I hard code the values http://localhost/xxx.aspx?name="test" , it
> will work as I can get the
> name using Request object in asp. I want to know how I can pass the
> name dynamically or even the guid is ok.
>
> Any insights will be helpful.

0
srini
10/7/2006 6:52:44 PM
I solved it by moving to Toolbar. Looks like I cannot get OID on the
Grid itself. If anyone has used Grid Tool Bar and passed parameters,
let me know

Thanks

srini.venkatesan@gmail.com wrote:
> I just read I can get the oid and oType in the asp page. But I cant get
> the old in the asp page when I used Request.Params["oId"] , not sure
> what mistake I am making.
>
> srini.venkatesan@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am trying to pass parameters using isv.config.xml's URL and receive
> > parameters in asp.
> > I have set the passparams="1" and winmode="0", since I want to open up
> > a webpage.
> > Using winmode="1" or "2", I am able to get the guid using windows
> > dialog arguments, thats not
> > really I want as I need to access the webpage which has javascripts
> > which will not work on posbacks.
> >
> > I am having trouble how to pass parameters dynamically using
> > winmode="0".
> >
> > Part of the isvconfig script:
> > <Entity name="new_entity">  <Grid>  <MenuBar> <ActionsMenu>
> >     <MenuItem Title="xxx"  Url="http://localhost/xxx.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams=""
> > WinMode="0"/>
> >     </ActionsMenu>
> >     <Buttons>
> >         <Button Title="Update" ToolTip="xxx"
> > Icon="/_imgs/wm_activities.gif"
> >          Url="http://localhost/xxx.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams=""
> > WinMode="0"/>
> >          </Buttons>
> >          </MenuBar>
> >
> >         </Grid> </Entity>
> >
> > If I hard code the values http://localhost/xxx.aspx?name="test" , it
> > will work as I can get the
> > name using Request object in asp. I want to know how I can pass the
> > name dynamically or even the guid is ok.
> >
> > Any insights will be helpful.

0
srini

Convert Number Field to Date using query
I have search the forum and found several people asking this question, but my situation is a little different. I have a database that I need to convert a number field to a date, but the number fields have the date as "08/07/2007". I have not been able to find a way to convert this number field to a date. Any suggestion/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks You sure it's a numeric field? Numeric fields wouldn't have slashes in them. If it's text, you can use the CDate function. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please...

Using a command button to open an image based on field data
Hello. I have a form with a command button on it. This form is linked to a query with a field called "ID". What I am trying to do is make it so that when the user clicks on the command button, a separate form (frm_Image)pops up with the corresponding picture to field ID. I have the images in a folder on my C: drive. Any help on this is most appreciated. I'm going to do a little experimenting now.... Check out openargs in the VB help section. HTH Damon <rsfishel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174046910.691059.94060@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hello. I ...

How to print on 42" roll HP DesignJet 500 42 by HP using Publisher
I am trying to print a banner and the printer indicates it will print on several sheets. I need it to print on one continuous sheet. Any solutions? Using MS Publisher 2003 Printing on HP DesignJet 500 42 by HP -- Mary B. Read your printers manual to determine whether is will print banners. Sometimes different versions of one model will and the other will not. "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4FF6EA3-7C9B-490F-8BDE-7715DF352F70@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a banner and the printer indicates it will print on > several sheets. ...

Multiple parameters 01-04-08
I have one report which i have to select a date range and a rang eof accounts to view i can only get the date range to show as a nice message box the account range just comes out as regular grey box any advice IMHO, don't ever use parameter prompts http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6763. Use controls on forms. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "Deron" wrote: > I have one report which i have to select a date range and a rang eof accounts > to view i can only ...

Using SOAP Request in Application VB Express
I have a friend who gave me access to his web service, he sent me a .wsdl and a .xsd file that he said I can incorporate my VB project. I can use these files to enter a serial number of a cell phone and get the repair status that he maintains. I know this is all soap but how do I declare the files and start my request to the services? On 1/23/2010 10:43 AM, Spero wrote: > > I have a friend who gave me access to his web service, he sent me > a .wsdl and a .xsd file that he said I can incorporate my VB project. > I can use these files to enter a serial number of a cell ph...

Storing Query Into Table
I have been trying to find some information about storing query sql strings in a table and calling upon that string to run query's dependant on user selections in a form. I have a split database and I want the users of the front end to create queries that everyone can use. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start. Thanks Craig There is a complete query by form applet at http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Hookom,Duane. This allows users to select field, enter criteria, sort, group, and run. The results are displayed in a datasheet subform...

Adding disclaimers to outgoing email using Outlook 2003 and Exchange
So far all the articles I see on creating disclaimers for outgoing email are for SMTP messages using Event Sinks with Exchange. Well what about internal Exchange users who use Outlook 2003? Is there anyway to program the Exchange server to add disclaimers for Outlook 2003 clients without adding a disclaimer signature to each and every machine? Thanks Implement the disclaimer on a Front-end server and have all outgoing mail sent out via the FE server (SMTP Connector) Otherwise, look at 3rd party disclaimer products. or Wait for Exchange 2007. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageO...

Merge using Excel 2002 and Hummingbird Docs Open 3.9.0 Build 199
Hi, I have a merge form set up in Word. The data source is an excel file. When I click on Docs Open Mail Merge, a box comes up in docs open saying to choose the main document. When I click on the main document the next boxes comes up saying to choose the data source. I select the data source and it opens, but nothing happens. The next step should be to click on merge, but it is grayed out and it is still asking to choose the data source. The merge works fine if I do it outside of Docs Open, but I have to be able to do it within Docs Open. Can you help? ...

Proper use of English UK dictionary?

Steps in displaying a UTF-16 BMP value using TextOutW() ???
Assuming that the typeface represents the character in question, exactly what additional steps are required to display a character glyph that is within the Basic Multi-lingual Plane? Do I have to select a specific CharSet that differs depending upon the BMP value? lfCharSet Specifies the character set. The following values are predefined: ANSI_CHARSET BALTIC_CHARSET CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET DEFAULT_CHARSET EASTEUROPE_CHARSET GB2312_CHARSET GREEK_CHARSET HANGUL_CHARSET MAC_CHARSET OEM_CHARSET RUSSIAN_CHARSET SHIFTJIS_CHARSET SYMBOL_CHARSET TURKISH_CHARSET I don't think these actually ap...

Spell check won't work when using Outlook Express
I have xp Pro. I use office 97. My spellcheck will not work when composing mail in Outlook Express. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Gary <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have xp Pro. I use office 97. My spellcheck will not > work when composing mail in Outlook Express. Can anyone > help me fix this problem? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Is it possible to use more than 8 arguments in a function?
I have a database with over 1,000 rows and 13 columns. One of the column headings has a listing of about 23 different services. They want to add a column basically assigning a number to each service....I know I can use the IF function but apparently only for up to 8 arguments. Does anyone know if there's a way to add more?? Is there a better formula for this?? Or can I maybe lump three services??? A quick example of what I'm talking about Services NEB CTH IV IV ABT NEB Say that's the list. I want to assign NEB's as a 1, IV and IV ABT as a 4. I know I can use =IF(...

Best way to display XML
Hello, i have a big XML file, i load the xml to a xmldocument. My question is, how is the best way to display de information (aspx page). I tryng load the xml into a dataset an then displaying into a grid, but the structure of the xml (combinations of the attributes and nodes) is dificult to take into a dataset, and not represent well de model of the xml. My xml not have allways the same structure, it depends to the parameter that i give a some webservice, and this webservice give a XML resultant to the query. note: I have de schema of the xml Only i need your opinions and experience. Th...

Unable to read accent character in a generated xml file
Hi Everybody !!! I had generated a xml file that contained accent character. When I am trying to open it inside Excel 2002, Excel don't want to open it. If I delete all my accent character and I am able to open it. I sent you the content of my xml file. If you can tell me what is wrong with it it will help me a lot. Thanks a lot !!! <?xml version='1.0'?> <Workbook xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet' xmlns:o='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office' xmlns:x='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel' xmlns:dt='u...

Outlook templates using contacts.
Is there a way to use your contacts from outlook to easily insert their information into an E-mail? for example, Dear (conact name), blah blah blah (contact address1)... Thanks in advance! Mail Merge... kharnal wrote: > Is there a way to use your contacts from outlook to easily insert > their information into an E-mail? > > for example, > > Dear (conact name), > > blah blah blah (contact address1)... > > Thanks in advance! ...

Why can not use right-click to delete a mail?
Hi all, I have the owner permission of a functional mailbox. But I can not right-click a mail and choose delete to delete a mail. It will display a message,access deny,something like that. But if I double click this mail,open this mail. Then I use the delete button in the toolbars. It works,the mail can be delete. It really confuse me. Do you have some idea? Thanks. create a new profile and try. If you are on exchange server try setting the same account on a different computer. This will help in determining whether it is a problem with Outlook or permissions on your mailbox "Outloo...

using charts to read off new data
I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph. I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data (y- values). Is there a function that can do this and how can it be done without altering the original graph. Use worksheet functions. Any of the following will do - Slope and Intercept - Forecast - LinEst - Trend Jerry HKD wrote: > I've created a chart with a linear trendline as a standard graph. > I would like to use the trendline to read the x values for new data > (y- values). Is there a function that can do this and how ca...

"sources and use" operational budget template
lookin for a good template--any ideas? There are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx And don't forget google. I bet there's a few you could find there. Didley wrote: > > lookin for a good template--any ideas? -- Dave Peterson ...

HELP!! Placeholder text for XML
Hi guyz, How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all empty elements? I'm using c#. Thanks in advance. chinimimita wrote: > How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all > empty elements? I'm using c#. Well where do you want to show a placeholder text for empty elements? How are you parsing the XML (XmlTextReader, XmlDocument, XPathDocument), what kind of output are you generating where you want placeholder text? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Well I'm working on VSTO an...

Getting all records with same name passed from a textbox
Hello, How do i get all records based on the name a customer enters in a textbox from a form Let say in the query i do %betty% - this will return all records with betty partly in it. I am trying to replicate the same based on a value passed from the form How do i get the same result using Like ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) - this gives me only one record how do i replicate the same result which gives me all records like when i did %betty% from query design? Thanks for your help. Try: Like * & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & * That might jus...

URL Link in the email
Hi, We are having a small issue with the link in the email body. We use an automated system to generate email with URL in them to different users to check the status of the transactions. When they click on the link it will take them to the desstination page without any navigation. It is working for some users and not for others. All of them are using Outlook 2000. Is there any setting they need to do?. It looks like it is inserting some CR/LF characters for some users. What could be wrong?. Some of them are using Exchange server and some of them are using POP3 servers. Thanks D...

I am using the COUNT function to determine the
number of data entries in a row. The number of entries vary from 40-70. The starting point of my range is constant, but the last entry changes, depending on the number of entries. Is there a way I can write the COUNT formula, so I do not have to change the second part of my range? Thanks for any help. Skip Hi Using CountA will count the number of non-empty cells in the range: =COUNTA(A1:A100) Regards, Per "Skip" <ssummer@live.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:a951619c-51d9-467f-a451-df73a628a102@e31g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... > number of data entrie...

using a String Builder a actual parameter and LPTSTR as formal parameter in unmanaged code
Hi! Here I have some code from an example from MSDN. What I don't fully understand here is how is it possible to pass an object of type StringBuilder and receive this parameter in the windows API as an LPTSTR ? Documentation for Win32 GetShortPathName() API Function // DWORD GetShortPathName( // LPCTSTR lpszLongPath, // file for which to get short path // LPTSTR lpszShortPath, // short path name (output) // DWORD cchBuffer // size of output buffer // ); [DllImport("Kernel32", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)] static extern Int32 GetShortPathNa...

Lebans MonthCalendar Does Not Work Properly When Using an Image Button
I am using the Lebans MonthCalendar. Instead of using the textbox double-click event to open the calendar, I would like to use a bitmap graphic (image control) of a calendar I created. However, there seems to be a problem where after opening the MonthCalendar form, the window will not accept any input. I am using Access 97 on Windows XP. Anyone else experience the same thing? For now I have resorted to using a command button control, but I hate the border it produces... You cannot setfocus to an Image control and if I remember correctly, the MonthCalendar positioning logic requries this fe...

Genrate random numbers using the binomial distribution
How can I generate random numbers using the binomial distribution and an excel spreadsheet. If possible please do in a step-by-step guide. Hi funkysunflower How about a video http://tinyurl.com/yj69stn or Google links http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&q=binomial+distribution+in+excel&meta=&aq=f&oq=binomial+distribution+in+excel&fp=7ad0076c90c94111 HTH John "funkysunflower" <funkysunflower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCB4FC4E-46C6-41D2-BDB5-0C0173073CA1@microsoft.com... > How can I generate random numbers using the binomia...