passing parameters to Crystal 07-01-03

Is it possible to programmatically pass parameters to a
crystal report?  say a quote id...

If so, how is this done?

Thanks,
Justin
0
justin
7/1/2003 2:42:59 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nope...

Beautiful... eh?

Rob Schrader
FrontLine Technology

"justin" <justinda@invision.net> wrote in message

> Is it possible to programmatically pass parameters to a
> crystal report?  say a quote id...
>
> If so, how is this done?

> Thanks,
> Justin

0
Rob
7/3/2003 2:42:57 PM
You're not going to share?

Todd Newman

"justin" <justin@site.com> wrote in message
> Just for the record.. I've done alittle research, and it
> is possible...just have to figure out how  :)
>
> Think you need the developer edition, which I have.  Only
> thing is CRM requires 8.5 and all the documentation for
> this version is in VB and ASP classic, and CRM is .NET.
> I did find some stuff on the Crystal Site. =>
>
> Also, thanks Kevin for your help
>

> --Justin

0
Todd
7/9/2003 6:02:54 PM
have no fear.  i have all the pieces in place, just have
to put it all together, and when i do.   i will post.

0
justin

crystal reports 9.2.2 02-03-04
I have been working on customizing reports. After I upgraded crm to 1.2 I can no longer access my reports. I tried to install the crystal repors enhancement for 1.2. I am getting an error that I am using crystal reports 9.2.0 and I need to upgrade to 9.2.2? I had crystal reports 9.0 professional edition installed on my computer also. I removed that and then tried to install the crm 1.2 crystal reports enhancement and I am getting the same errors. Please help. Thank you It seems that CRM requires a very specific version of crystal reports ie 9.2.2 Microsoft have told me that you ...

Windows mail problem 07-16-10
Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue? You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimum.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2397&p_created=1237397986&p_sid=ZbGnw*4k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZ...

RESOURCE USAGE 03-21-10
I work with a calendar that is setting 9 hours work/day for all the resources. In the resource usage I see that more than 8 hours of work is shown in red, but also sometimes all kinds of hours like 4.5, 5.6, 4.8 hs is red as well, even though is a normal working day. What is going on here???? txs A couple of things: 1) Are you sure the resource calendars are also set to 9 hours per day? If not, they would show up overallocated when assigned to 9 hours of tasks. 2) Project calculates overallocations to the minute. If you have two tasks, both assigned to the same resource...

Crystal Report Viewer Error
When trying to run reports through the CRM I get the following error: CrystalReportViewer: Information is needed before this report can be processed. This shows up in the popup window where the results of the report would normally show before you would press the print button. -- Chris Meredith Chris, This error is caused by 1)Installing Microsoft CRM on a computer that has an underscore in its name. OR 2)Security issues related to domain and Microsoft CRM setup. Microsoft has explained the causes and how to resolve this error in the following article. http://www.microsoft.com/download...

HELP! 12-06-07
Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what should I do? On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:42:20 -0500, avarage wrote: > Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what > should I do? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgrou...

Report Server Error 09-19-07
I have completed my CRM install but each time I attempt to access the Report Manager I get the error message: The Scriptbibliotek '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js' cannot be found. Manually move the data or use the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' in order to install new. Sorry if the error is not completely correct but I´m translating from German. I have run the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' and received the message that the version started and then finished but every time I go back to Report Manager the same error pops up. Need a little...

excel sorting 03-28-10
I have a text spreadsheet of 5,000 names and addresses. Column B needs to restricted to only 16 characters in that column. How do I send the records to the bottom of the page (or delete them) that have data that exceeds 16 characters in Column B? You could insert a new column. In that column, in row 2 put the formula =len(B2) and copy it down the column. Then sort the table on then new column ascending. Tom ...

SendObject 02-03-08
I have a routine that creates a list of e-mails to be sent out, when the list is completed it then loops through and uses the Docmd.sendObject to send each mail (Access 2000). This used to work very well and I have not had any problem with it until about 3 months ago when it started to send the first mail all ok, out look would ask if it was ok to send and you said yes and it was sent and so on, but now it sends the first mail all ok and then it just loops through the rest with no outlook messages or error messages but dos not send any of the other mails. This used to work very well abo...

Option Buttons 06-21-07
If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can you help? -- Dick Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Do you want us to push the button? What is the problem? UpRider "richardlafrance via AccessMonster.com" <u31432@uwe> wrote in message news:740b97593dc91@uwe... > If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can > you > help? > > -- > Dick > > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ac...

Credit card processing 05-15-07
Is it possible with Access? Any good references? Matt <mdw233psu@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possible with Access? Not without putting your data in a SQL Server database among many other things. The credit card companies want to ensure your corporation is keeping that data very, very secure. And depending on the laws in your province, state, territory and/or country your employer really wants to keep that data secure. It is very embarrassing to hear your corp name on the news. >Any good references? No idea. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only i...

permissions 03-29-06
I have a Marketing Professional who needs the ability to convert Leads - what circle / state do I need to fill out in the Security role? To Disqualify a lead -------------------- 1. Read Lead 2. Write Lead To Qualify a lead to an opportunity ---------------------------------- 1. Read Lead 2. Read account 3. Read contact 4. Read opportunity 5. Create opportunity 6. Write Lead 7. AppendTo lead 8. AppendTo account 9. AppendTo contact 10. Append opportunity To Qualify a lead to an account ------------------------------ 1. Read Lead 2. Read account 3. Write Lead 4. AppendTo lead 5. Append Acco...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

parameter problem
Hi, I created a report base on a data range parameter, and in the report property event: On Open: Date Dialog.Open Dialog On Close: Date Dialog.Close Dialog But everytime after I entered the beginning date and Ending date: There is always showing a message: The expression you entered has a function name that MS can't find. I ignor it, click on OK, the report still open. I can't figure out which function name is wrong. If I delete the event setting in the property, then has no problem. But I do need the Date dialog for the people to enter. Thank you for your idea. ...

Creating Reports 05-08-07
I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in crm and have found a few different methods. What is the easier and time efficient method for creating a new custom report? On May 8, 3:26 pm, Nate <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in > crm and have found a few different methods. What is the easier and time > efficient method for creating a new custom report? Pre-filtering the reports per the SDK is probably going to be your best bet. You can upload them into CRM and ...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-07-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:14:28 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:29:11 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 06:42:42 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 526 Total No. of Characters...: 1263268 Total Volume..............: 1233 Messages Per Day..........: 75.1 Characters Per Day........: 180466.9 Average Daily Volume......: 176 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

VBA to default printer in Crystal Report
is it possible to set default the printer for crystal report to be the same as the printer setup in GP (Files>Print Setup)? eg: is GP is using Printer1, then when calling a crystal report using VBA, the printer will be set to Printer1. If GP is using Printer2, then crystal report will be defaulted to Printer2. thks in advance. Unfortunately that isn't going to work for a couple reason: 1. The biggest reason is there isn't any way to determine what the printer is in Dynamics. Not even with Dexterity. It just wasn't something that was exposed. So I can't think of ...

Error Msg: Parameters values not valid
When I attempt to drag an e-mail message to the outlook bar task folder to create a task I get an error message: "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". The denied funtionality is useful shortcut. Any ideas why I have lost this shortcut to create tasks? Thank you for any suggestions - Dee Can you create new, blank Task items in your Tasks folder? Try opening your Tasks folder and selecting Save Task Order from the Actions menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www....

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

wchar_t as a string parameter
I believe I am going crazy. I just compiled the 'release' version of my program and am having issues with the passing of a wchar_t string to a function. Both Debug and Release: - stdcall calling convention - treat wchar_t as built-in type = NO - unicode char set code: bool MyFunction( LPTSTR szString ); wchar_t szMyString[31]; When I declare the szMyString variable, it has a starting memory address 4 bytes BEFORE the address that it has when it is passed inside the function. This only happens on the Release version of the program. Am using VS2005. Any ideas? Thanks, Je...

Outlook 03 big problem with Address Books
Hi Just installed Outlook 03 with Business Contact manager. And here's a big problem. When typing in an email address from my it defaults to the new address book - which contains nothing so I have to go and select my old Contacts address book - very very frustrating and time consuming. Questions: 1) Can I import from my old address book into the new one or 2) Can I get Outlook to dafault to my new address book. Many thanks JS ...

Email to a Queue 02-22-07
Hi All Is there any way that I can tell what time an email entered one of our queues? Kind Regards Peter ...

Pass command line file name parameter
Hi, I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp. There're compiling errors: MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier Why? If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp? Thanks, ybc The other problem is, when I set the...

CRM SDK 07-02-03
BIG stupid question here........when you guys refer to the "SDK", what exactly are you talking about? I thought it was just the .chm help file, but after that last thread you mentioned the proxy .dll file. Where is this file? I only have the latest .chm help file and nothing more (well obviously I have the proxy file, but just the one that shipped with our CRM). Gary Gary when we say the crm sdk we mean the microsoft.crm.proxy.dll which is a .net assembly and also the help file search on msdn.microsoft.com and you will find more about it check out this http://msdn.microsoft.c...

Passing a C++ 6.0 MFC File stream into a Visual Basic 6.0 dll func
Hello All, I am stuck trying to find a way to open a file in a C++ MFC application (using a stream), write data into it, then call a Visual Basic dll function and pass to it the file stream (or a file stream pointer or a file handle somehow) so that the VB dll functions can write their own data into the same open file. The problem is that Visual Basic 6.0 has no such thing as a file stream. There might be a way to do this using COM, but I do not know much about COM. Are there any guru's reading this that know a way I can pass a stream for an open file back and forth between MFC C...