Pass lead information to crystal reports

My Goal:  I would like to create a link on the leads page that links to a
custom crystal report and only displays information about that particular
lead.

Right now.  I have created a report that displays the lead information by
lead, but it displays it for ALL leads.  Then I have to filter the report for
the particular lead.

Can I create an isv link on the leads page and use it to pass crystal
reports the GUID of the lead?

Any ideas or code would be appreciated….  eric

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You will need to add a parameter to your report in Crystal, then add a button
to the lead form using the isv.config file. The button on the lead form will
need to point to a small script (like in a custom .aspx page) that gets the
lead's id and passes it to the report. There's a detailed article about doing
this on my blog. Good luck.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"ericwassberg" wrote:

> My Goal:  I would like to create a link on the leads page that links to a
> custom crystal report and only displays information about that particular
> lead.
>
> Right now.  I have created a report that displays the lead information by
> lead, but it displays it for ALL leads.  Then I have to filter the report for
> the particular lead.
>
> Can I create an isv link on the leads page and use it to pass crystal
> reports the GUID of the lead?
>
> Any ideas or code would be appreciated….  eric

thanks for the info!  I also found good articles that implement the model at
the groups and kb articles below.  thanks for the suggestions.  they worked
great.   eric

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/150543438f07dee1/f89d21efd2e59a47?q=How+To+Print+Quote+with+Details&rnum=2&hl=en#f89d21efd2e59a47

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmreportsfromurl.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834790/

"MattNC" wrote:

> You will need to add a parameter to your report in Crystal, then add a button
> to the lead form using the isv.config file. The button on the lead form will
> need to point to a small script (like in a custom .aspx page) that gets the
> lead's id and passes it to the report. There's a detailed article about doing
> this on my blog. Good luck.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "ericwassberg" wrote:
>
> > My Goal:  I would like to create a link on the leads page that links to a
> > custom crystal report and only displays information about that particular
> > lead.
> >
> > Right now.  I have created a report that displays the lead information by
> > lead, but it displays it for ALL leads.  Then I have to filter the report for
> > the particular lead.
> >
> > Can I create an isv link on the leads page and use it to pass crystal
> > reports the GUID of the lead?
> >
> > Any ideas or code would be appreciated….  eric

Information Store Crash #2
The Information Store on our Exchange 2000 server crashed. The following errors were in the event log, but I cannot tell if they are a cause or a symptom of the crash. If anyone has any insight, that would be great. . . a reboot seemed to correct the issue and it has not happened again. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8217 Date: 10/5/2004 Time: 1:55:25 PM User: N/A Computer: exchg Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Tom is gone after 2 pm (class)" in mailbox: UserA failed with error code 0x80040...

Business Alerts (trim fields, email excel report)
I have two suggestions for Business alerts: 1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by accessing the related sql tables directly) 2) Add the option to email an excel or csv file, rather than a text file. The default text file that comes out doesn't open directly into excel with each field in a separate column. Victor... Hi Victor, Have you found out if the file attachment can be changed to excel or csv, maybe in 10.0? "Victor" wrote: > I have two suggestions for Business alerts: > 1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by a...

Passing Parent Customer value into Case record
Our business process dictates that a new case is raised from the Case option within contact record to ensure that the value is passed into the customer field. This is to ensure that the new case workflow associated with cases raises an email to the address associated with this contact. We do however require the contacts Parent Customer value to be displayed in the case record. How is this achieved? I have managed to create a relationship from contact to case to pass through the email address value but am unsure how to pass the parent customer value. Any guidance would be greatly appre...

Checkbox "On" to generate text on a report
What is my best approach to accomplishing the following? In a form, I'd like to enable users to check a checkbox which results in a string of text ("This proposal is for material supply only....") appearing on a report. When the box goes unchecked, then the text would not appear. I'm assuming that I would not need to store anything in a table, and this would be all event based. If there are any known/viewable examples, that would be great. Otherwise, any help is appreciated! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-for...

Default Exchange 2003 Information Store Permissions
What are the default information store permissions? ; and where do the info. store's get their parent permissions from? There is an orphaned object in the mailbox permissions of each mailbox and when i try to remove the orphan object from the server level (exchange sys. manager) it still references a parent inheritance. thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328229 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "vernonc" <vernonc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F...

copying information between Commas?
14-Apr-04,1.38,1.44,1.31,1.34,3129800,1.34 i have this information in Cell A1 i need Cell B1 to copy the begining only like: 14-Apr-04 and C1 to copy 1.38 and D1 1.44 and E1 1.31 and F1 1.34 and G1 3129800 whats the formula that gets information between commas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pivot Try Data>Text to Columns>De-limited>Next>Comma>Finish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:55:33 -0500, Pivotrend <<Pivotrend.14qmqj@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >14-Apr-04,1.38,1.44,1.31,1.34,3129800,1.34 >i have this information...

Lookups in Leads v3.0
This gets back to the problem with Leads in CRM (1.2 and 3.0). I know that we cannot associate Leads with Contacts. I know that you can create custom entities and then associate them to existing entities. But can you associate an custom entity to more than one entity? If so, would it be possible to create a custom entity that could then be linked to both Contacts (1:M) and Leads (1:1)? ...

Mic. Money Reports
How do i customize a report to give income only. Not, income and expenses? In microsoft.public.money, Lilly wrote: >How do i customize a report to give income only. Not, >income and expenses? Customize->Categories->SeletctIncomeCategories. Go to: 1. "Find a transaction" on the left side of the window 2. Click on "Advanced search" 3. Select "Category" 4. First, click on "clear all" and then click on "select income categories" 5. Click next and select "create report" just under transactions. Good luck. >-----Orig...

FRx Report Wizard
When FRx is installed as a network client, an error occurs { Run-time error '-2146233078 (8013150a)':} When installed on the local machine, the wizard works fine. Is this an installation issue or per KB899994, we need to install Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 Windows Server 2003 had 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 installed. JB Have you created the shared directory FIRST before running the wizard? Is this a 64-bit environment? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogs...

Cached Report is returned when date parameter is NULL
Hi, I am facing this problem. Please help me. I have a report with date parameter along with many other parameters. First I entered a date value and generated the report from my application. I am getting the correct report. But when I cleared the date value and regenerated the report i am getting the last generated report.(The time stamp shows the old value which is getting from the cache) My code is like this in the application: ReportingService rs = ReportServiceBuilder.ReportService;//Calling remote environment for service. rs.UseDefaultCredentials = true; ...

POP
Hi, We have a requirement to compare the PO cost vs the Shipment cost vs the Invoice cost. How can this be done, especially given the complexities of one PO can have multiple receipts. Below is what I have so far: select a.PONUMBER,'' as TRXSORCE, PO_Line_Status = Case When a.POSTATUS = 1 Then 'New' When a.POSTATUS = 2 Then 'Released' When a.POSTATUS = 3 Then 'Change Order' When a.POSTATUS = 4 Then 'Received' When a.POSTATUS = 5 Then 'Closed' When a.POSTATUS = 6 Then 'Cancelled&...

Can not bring up correct address in report
I asked this before, but got no response so I will try to reword the question. I have the form working fine. I have created a report based on the form information. the report brings up all my purchase order information from my main form fine. The report brings up all the items purchased from my sub-form fine. The report brings up the supplier info fine from the main form fine. Now, I want the address for the supplier to auto populate the form right under the supplier name. I copied the design view of a template off MSOffice to make this report. Everytime I run the report eve...

Crystal 10 04-13-04
We have a developer Crystal 10 license. Has anyone successfully created a custom CRM report using this in 1.2? I know that it works in Crystal reports 9, and that is the onlything support as far as I know. CRM is very picky about software versions. >-----Original Message----- >We have a developer Crystal 10 license. Has anyone >successfully created a custom CRM report using this in >1.2? > >. > I read that someone had done it. Give it a go and let us know if it works...then download crystal 9.2.2 :-) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

New Bi-weekly Time Clock Crystal Report
I have a new and improved Timecard report that uses Crystal Report Writer. Just putting in finishing touches. Will calculate Regular Hours, Ovetime Hours & Holiday Hours for employees working on the actual Holiday. Will also new round hours to the nearest 1/4 hour. ...

Custom report sample error when upload
I was trying to recreate the sample Account Activities Report from one of the CRM training guides. It works correctly in SQL Server BI, the preview works, etc. But when I go to upload the report to CRM, I get the following unhandled error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? -Melissa Hi Are you running your MSCRM Application Pool as Netowrk Service or a domain account? Goto Reports Manager and check that either the Domain Account or NT...

Lead to Opportunity, notes don't copy
When converting a Lead to an Opportunity why won't the associated notes in the lead copy over to the opportunity, contact, account'? Is there anyway to force that? Hi Joseph, it's because the notes are associated with the Lead, not the Opportunity. You could write a post-callout to copy the notes to the opportunity when it's created. Mike "Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015a01c3deb6$cb71e8c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When converting a Lead to an Opportunity why won't the > associated notes in the lead copy over t...

passing file name #2
hye...i juz want to ask how to pass the file name that has been read in this function to another function so that all my function can use data in the read file? void CPIDDlg::OnFileOpen() { this->UpdateData(); CFile f; char DataFile[] = { "NUM Files (*.num)|*.num||" }; CFileDialog FileDlg(TRUE,".num",NULL,0,DataFile); if( FileDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { CString File = FileDlg.GetFileName(); if(f.Open(FileDlg.GetFileName(), CFile::modeRead) == FALSE ) { InitPidDisplay(File); return; } else f.Close(); if (!InitPidDisplay(File)) AfxMessag...

W2 Validation Report
I'm on GP 8.0 for payroll. I have created my year end wage report and can print a W2 to screen but when I print my W2 Validation report it's giving me the following errors: Report Not Found and Problem starting up report. I've looked in the knowledgebase online and can't find any information. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone send me in some kind of direction as to how I can correct this problem? Thanks for any help. Also, the security is set up properly. I can view the report layout in report writer but does not give me the option to print. Th...

Help with report & subreport
I have a form with a button to open a report that has 4 subreports. The report is suppose to open with 2 values from the form and supposed to determine the values displayed in the subform. But for some reason the values are not even showing up in the main form. I used the following code, which I have used many times on other occasions to much success. This is my first time using it with subreports present on the form. SummarySQL="SELECT * FROM [SITE LIST] WHERE ([Project Number]='" & Me.cmbProjectNumber & "'" & " AND [Task Number]='" ...

EDC vs Tender Summary Report
Why would the credit card totals for the EDC report and the totals for the Tender Summary Report differ? The EDC report is correct, the tender summary report is missing a transaction. One customer used 2 credit cards to pay and only 1 of those cards shows on Tender Summar. Was there an error while processing a 401? "360" wrote: > Why would the credit card totals for the EDC report and the totals for the > Tender Summary Report differ? The EDC report is correct, the tender summary > report is missing a transaction. One customer used 2 credit cards to pay and >...

Strange join created by report model 2005
Hey, I have a created a report model which sits on top of a data warhouse, and for the most part it works fine. I am having an issue where te sql generated by the report is really bad and slowing down the report to crawl. Here is an exmaple of the sql SET DATEFIRST 7 SELECT [BESPOKE_factStates2].[LinkedReferenceList] [LinkedReferenceList], [BESPOKE_factStates].[RealTimeState] [RealTimeState], [BESPOKE_factStates].[Ref] [Ref] FROM ( SELECT [BESPOKE_factStates].[Ref] [RealTimeState], [BESPOKE_factStates].[Ref] [Ref] ...

use CSV as Database Files to generate Crystal Report
Hi all, I am trying to use CSV file as Database Files to generate Crystal Report. However, I am always prompted for user and password, which does not make sense. However, it works well with XML file. Could someone please help me on how to get the CSV file to work? Thank you very much. regards, Sean You'd be better of posting to a newsgroup regarding Crystal. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:44:26 -0800, "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi al...

CRM Reports missing
We have recently migrated our CRM database to SQL server 2005 on an active passive cluster. We have setup Reporting services on a seperate server. We have redeployed the reports to the new server and have changed the location of the reports within Deployment manager (http://dmcl-http2/reportserver) When clicking on reports within CRM, we receive a page wth no reports listed. When using RS directly from a browser, we can see and run the reports successfully. We have ran through double hop authentication and setup all the relevant SPN's and have setup the necessary security rights...

Moving all information from Outlook 2000 to OE6
Can someone please advise me whether my Contacts details will be moved from Outlook 2000 to OE6 if I simply follow the 'Export' process in Outlook? I'm unsure whether I should export contacts as comma separated values (.csv) Windows files? My operating system is XP Pro. The reason I have to do this is I need to share all my contacts with another worker who uses Mac X 10.3.3 O/S. Apparently the Mac O/S can import from Outlook Express but not from Outlook. Any advice would be very much appreciated! Many thanks Tricia You cannot export to OE. You would have to export to...

Need inventory report with total sales
I am using RMS 1.2 and need an inventory report that shows all items with SOH and total sales qty per item (selectable by date). If there were no sales the sales qty should be zero. I would like to use this report to download my initial inventory as of 01/01/2005 into QB. I checked the MS KB but did not find any reports that I could use use as a base. Thanks in advance. Gerd ...