Owner - My Active Contacts

Hi, we are implementing CRM and I cannot see an easy way of having the same
contact appear in the "My Active Contacts" view for more people other than
the owner.
eg there are 5 people in my team and we all need to see the contact Joe
Bloggs.
How do I do this please so Joe Bloggs appears in all my team's "My Active
Contacts."
I have already created a team called IT and shared Joe Bloggs to IT.
Thanks
Ian.

Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
Visit : news://spacesst.com
0
IanParker (1)
6/29/2009 10:54:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jun 29, 3:54=A0pm, Ian Parker <IanPar...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi, we are implementing CRM and I cannot see an easy way of having the sa=
me
> contact appear in the "My Active Contacts" view for more people other tha=
> the owner.
> eg there are 5 people in my team and we all need to see the contact Joe
> Bloggs.
> How do I do this please so Joe Bloggs appears in all my team's "My Active
> Contacts."
> I have already created a team called IT and shared Joe Bloggs to IT.
> Thanks
> Ian.

--=AD--
> Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
> Visit : news://spacesst.com

Your easiest solution might be to just change the default view from My
Active Contacts to All Active Contacts.

The "My Active Contacts" view is a built-in system view in CRM, and
you cannot change the Filter criteria on this view.  This view will
always only show Contacts owned by the logged in user.  The"All Active
Contacts" system view will show you and your co-workers the same
contacts regardless of the user logged in (assuming all users are in
the same BU.)

For ultimate control over what appears, you can (quite easily) build
your own custom system views, in which you can specify any filter
criteria, and any columns that you want to be displayed.  HTH,
Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Cell: 503-351-4207
Email: davidlcarr@earthlink.net
http://www.vscrm.com

0
davidlcarr (94)
6/30/2009 2:52:09 PM
On Jun 30, 3:52=A0pm, Dave <davidlc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 3:54=A0pm, Ian Parker <IanPar...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi, we are implementing CRM and I cannot see an easy way of having the =
same
> > contact appear in the "My Active Contacts" view for more people other t=
han
> > the owner.
> > eg there are 5 people in my team and we all need to see the contact Joe
> > Bloggs.
> > How do I do this please so Joe Bloggs appears in all my team's "My Acti=
ve
> > Contacts."
> > I have already created a team called IT and shared Joe Bloggs to IT.
> > Thanks
> > Ian.
>
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
----=AD=AD--
> > Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
> > Visit : news://spacesst.com
>
> Your easiest solution might be to just change the default view from My
> Active Contacts to All Active Contacts.
>
> The "My Active Contacts" view is a built-in system view in CRM, and
> you cannot change the Filter criteria on this view. =A0This view will
> always only show Contacts owned by the logged in user. =A0The"All Active
> Contacts" system view will show you and your co-workers the same
> contacts regardless of the user logged in (assuming all users are in
> the same BU.)
>
> For ultimate control over what appears, you can (quite easily) build
> your own custom system views, in which you can specify any filter
> criteria, and any columns that you want to be displayed. =A0HTH,
> Dave

> David L. Carr, President
> Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
> Cell: 503-351-4207
> Email: davidlc...@earthlink.nethttp://www.vscrm.com

so I presume from this that contacts have to be and can only be
assigned to one owner?

Also is there a way do you know to hide some of these system views
that you will never need and which make locating the custom ones
harder?
Hi Ian,

you can do this by changing the security role that your team assigned to and
give it read permission with business unit level on the account entity so you
can all see each other accounts or you can create a public view from the
advanced find with all the active accounts and save it and share it with the
rest of the team.
--
Regards,

Karim Mohamed
http://karimmohamed.spaces.live.com

"Ian Parker" wrote:

> Hi, we are implementing CRM and I cannot see an easy way of having the same
> contact appear in the "My Active Contacts" view for more people other than
> the owner.
> eg there are 5 people in my team and we all need to see the contact Joe
> Bloggs.
> How do I do this please so Joe Bloggs appears in all my team's "My Active
> Contacts."
> I have already created a team called IT and shared Joe Bloggs to IT.
> Thanks
> Ian.

outlook 2000 contacts
when I click on contacts, they all show up, but I can't expand on any individual one. When I click on one of them like I used to which normally would show me their details, it shows me and error message. It says it performed an illegal operation and will shut down! why? It used to work and nothing new happened that I know of. ...

Public folder contact-error viewing calendar activities
Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with people's tasks and calendars set to link to the Activities in these folders. This works ok apart from one user's calendar. Tasks works fine but if you go to the contact, Activities tab, the following message is displayed: "Outlook cannot display this view. The contacts folder could not be found." The calendar link is in place, and the permission is set to Editor (as is the Tasks folder). Can anyone help please? Alison wrote: > Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with > people&...

Editing Contact Information 08-10-10
Is there an easier way to update and edit contact information on Live? When updating contact information, I cannot perform a simple cut and paste function within the "edit" function. I have to MANUALLY type in the information that I want to update. This may sound like a small thing but it's driving me NUTS! ... It's getting to be a drag. Am I missing something? I'm using Live Mail Version 2009 Thanks Control X - Cut Control C - Copy Control V - Paste Fyi..right click works in the latest beta. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Editing Cont...

Global Contact Question
I have many users who would like to go into the Global Contact List and edit information about other users and themselves, but it doesnt let them, it shows everything greyed out. Anyway to give access rights to everyone while trying to edit the Global Contact list? Exchange 2003 / Thanks, Tommy ...

Error creating Contact within Account
I can create a conact and associate it to an account but all of a sudden the other day I cna nolonger create a contact within an account, I get the following error meassge, I have remapped everything, and now am at a loss can any one help. [ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMContactClass.Create(CUserAuth& Caller, String Contact) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreate(String xml) +31 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) +9 Microsoft.Crm.Appli...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I just upgraded from OE v.6 to Outlook 2003 because we have Outlook (xp) at work. Now I have an irritating problem. I can't respond to e-mails from users that I don't have in my contacts. Instead of the e-mail address Outlook shows the name of the person in the "to"-field. When I then try to send the e-mail I get a message saying that Outlook can't find the contacts. All I can do from there is to abort or to create a new contact. I really don't want to add a person in my contact for every new e-mail I want to answer. Is there a solution to this problem or wil...

How to import Outlook Contact data into Excel
I have MS Outlook 2002 SP£ and Excel 2002 SP3. I am trying to import contact data from Outlook into Excel where I have created a template for sending out my invoices. Rather than type in data I thought that there must be a way to import the data from my contacts folder in Outlook. Ihave tried via MS Word 'Merge' programme but nothing but rubbish comes out as I cannot enter fields - Word converts my Excel file into its format and scrambles all! Had assumed it would be straightforward - Any sensible and successful ideas anyone? I have Outlook and Excel 2003 so I don'...

Scroll to end of Contacts / Accounts / Leads
The navigation here needs some work or I'm completely overlooking something. At any given time, when I'm in the middle of my Contacts pool in CRM, I can click the arrow that point to left with an underline and be taken immediately to the very first record. However, there is no arrow that points to the right with an underline under it to take me to the very end. Users complain that sometimes all they want to see is the number of records and it should be easier to do within CRM - are we missing something? If your view is sorted by, say, name, you can use the alphabet bar to go to...

contacts appear as deleted in my list when they didn't delete me
I have this situation come up every once in a while is anyone else experiencing this? and what is causing the miss labeling? -- Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy Skywolfe Hi Skywolfe, Just to confirm, how are you identifying them as being deleted? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "Rage Skywolfe"...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

Business Contact Manager Study Guide
Does anyone know where to find a Study Guide for a new Business Contact Manager user? I need to start from the beginning. -- mbtaylormt ...

reset contact names display in outlook reading pane
Over time, due to inefficiencies on my part as well some company changes have made the name display in the reading pane and other places quite messy. For example, my company renamed a division so people who were once Smith, John (north division) are now Smith, John (professional division) and those I accidentally accepted from incoming emails as Mary Jones for the display, I would prefer to display as Jones, Mary. I may have compounded the problem because I do use the contacts as my default due to the fact I have many external customers and our company is extremely la...

Does the CRM have any impact on my company's active directory?
When I install the CRM, I use a domain user with read-only right on the active directory. The installation wizard prompt me that I didn't have write and modify right, and the installation can be go on. I wonder that why should it need the write and modify permission? Does the CRM write any things on the active directory? Can I just grant those permission for installation process and take out after that?? it needs it to add the users into specific groups that it creates i believe alongside other stuff that i don't know about! -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://...

SFO Contact sync w/ Outlook Contact Categories
In MS Outlook, and single Contact may be associated with several Categories (the "Categories" button along the bottom right of a standard Outlook contact form). If a Contact has several Categories listed, how do these category values map into CRM when they are imported? Because of the present architecture of CRM, it would seem that there is a series of boolean fields (yes or no) since a CRM pick list can hold only one value. If we decide to continue to use our client's categories for Contacts, can I control the mapping from Outlook to CRM so that all the Outlook categori...

merge contacts groups in outlook address book
is it possible to merge groups in contacts ? as I have several group and some addresses appaer in more than one group, so merging th groups I would then be able to delete duplicated addresses, any IDEAS? Jo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Double E-mail Activities in Opportunity Question
Hi Everyone, Doing my first Sales Processes, so please bare with me. I created a multi-stage sales process which at a couple of point sends an e-mail to a manager that a new opportunity has been created and one when it is Won or Lost - similar to the one in the training binder. It sends correctly and the messages are received correctly, but when I look at the history tab for the opportunity activities, there are 2 e-mail items listed for each - one with the GUID and one without. The withouts don't get sent, but the withs do. Can anyone answer why there are 2 items listed for an...

Re-activation of Money Plus ...
Okay, so I have a copy of Money Plus that has only been installed and activated one time. My expiration is currently 09/2009 per Help ... About. My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the application on the same computer, use the same activation code, and extend my use until January 2011? Thoughts? No. The date the key was first activated is stored in the activation system. "Joe G" <JoeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F02C12C8-BA0C-4E9D-821D-062D0347AD0D@microsoft.com... > My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the appli...

New Email to a Category of Contacts
Strange problem, I have set up a number of categories to easily allow blast emails to my network of contacts. I select a category (no more then 19 contacts), then action, create, new message to contact, and receive the following warning: "Some of the contacts do not have email addresses ......" The email is then missing a number of contacts. When I look at those contacts, their email addreses are populated correctly. Also, I can create emails to them one by one, but never grouping more then one together. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks in adv...

request for v.3.0
Hello, if you changes owner in a parent record, owner changes automaticaly for all child records (except of activities). In the case of ACCOUNTS it would be nice, if the user can decide in a dialog window, which child ACCOUNTs should change the owner also and which don´t change. -- Ivana ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

Changing Default DURATION value of 30 min. in activities
Is there a way to change the 30 min. default value in activity types? Even if through the database? Thanks, Oliver The Duration field is represented as a picklist on the activity form. Picklist values can usually be customised through the CRM user interface which would allow you to change the default and add additional values. However, at present the CRM Activity form is not customisable through any supported method. Maybe in a future release. ...

Active Directory Connector for 2 exchange 2003 servers ?
hi, Is there an active Directory connector for 2 exchange 2003 servers ? I don't want to use MIIS or simplesync because it's too expensive. regards, johnny ...

I put all addresses into dist. lists & want them back in contacts
In Outlook 2007, I created two distribution lists using all of my contacts, and then deleted all addresses from the address book contacts list. I thought I could still send individual messages to members of the distribution lists, but have not been able to do so. I think I need to reinstate all addresses to the contacts list but don't know how to do that. Turns out I don't really need the distribution lists after all -- I just want to be able to send email messages to individual contacts again, as it was before I created the two distribution lists. PLEASE HELP! Thank...

Activities date filter
I am trying to sort the Activities view by date Next 7 days, Tomorrow, etc. but am getting items that have been scheduled in the past i.e. Next 7 days view shows items that occurred yesterday? How can I get the date filters to only display activities that will occur in the future? Thanks. You can create a custom view for yourself using the advanced find and then saving that filter as a view. If you want the view to be company or team wide then you can do it through creating a "New View" in customizations>Activities. The view would be selected in the View pulldown rather th...

Office 2007 Enterprise VLK
Hello Group, i am a ms certified member. i have downloaded the office 2007 enterprise vlk software on the partner portal and installed office. now my problem or question: when office is started the first time i will have to activate my office. is this a new feature? in office 2003 vlk there was no activation needed. Markus Yes you will need to Activate the VLK of Office 2007 Enterprise -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Markus Barter" <MarkusBarter@discussio...

Importing from Outlook, Contacts AND Accounts
I've read various postings on this here, but am still a bit confused. When I import from Outlook into CRM, I don't have any options about field mappings within the Import tool, just which folder to import from. It seems to make sense that since Outlook has distinct company and contact fields, one could import them as accounts and contacts, but I don't see how. I realize code can be written to do this, but shouldn't this be a pretty basic function that most everyone with Outlook would want to use? Or am I just missing something here? Thanks, Chuck Brown ...