Outlook vs. webaccess crm 4.0

Hi

1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference
in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the
Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser?

2) What are most common ?

thanks for any feedback...
0
hwa001 (11)
8/22/2008 1:23:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It's true you can do everything on the web version or the Outlook version.

The biggest feature of CRM is the fact you can everything inside of Outlook
and not have to go a different application.

Outlook:
1 - Easier concept for end users (especially Sales folk) to grasp.  "you
don't need to learn a new application - it's just outlook with extra
features".
2 - Easy to manually link items to CRM (track in CRM button) in the Outlook
inbox, calendar, tasks, etc.
3 - Once tracked in CRM, you can clean-up your Outlook (delete old e-mails,
tasks, etc.) because a copy of it is neatly stored (and easily retrievable)
in CRM.
4 - Sending E-mails in the web version isn't as slick as Outlook, doesn't
have word spell checker, can't do attachments, etc.
5 - Can't send appointment invitation to users from web client.  Can't check
other users calendar for availability before scheduling appointment, etc.

Sometimes, Outlook for CRM end-users get a little confused because they
expect CRM to appear inside Outlook for Web (OWA).  You have to explain the
Outlook Web version and the CRM Web version are two different applications.

If you're not using tracking capability, the web version alone is just fine.
 However, the tracking feature is typically "huge" for the end-users.

"GhostRider" wrote:

> Hi
>
> 1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference
> in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the
> Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser?
>
> 2) What are most common ?
>
> thanks for any feedback...

0
Avogadro (17)
8/22/2008 6:07:00 PM
On Aug 22, 11:07=A0am, Avogadro <Avoga...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> It's true you can do everything on the web version or the Outlook version=
.. =A0

> The biggest feature of CRM is the fact you can everything inside of Outlo=
ok
> and not have to go a different application.
>
> Outlook:
> 1 - Easier concept for end users (especially Sales folk) to grasp. =A0"yo=
> don't need to learn a new application - it's just outlook with extra
> features".
> 2 - Easy to manually link items to CRM (track in CRM button) in the Outlo=
ok
> inbox, calendar, tasks, etc.
> 3 - Once tracked in CRM, you can clean-up your Outlook (delete old e-mail=
s,
> tasks, etc.) because a copy of it is neatly stored (and easily retrievabl=
e)
> in CRM.
> 4 - Sending E-mails in the web version isn't as slick as Outlook, doesn't
> have word spell checker, can't do attachments, etc.
> 5 - Can't send appointment invitation to users from web client. =A0Can't =
check
> other users calendar for availability before scheduling appointment, etc.
>
> Sometimes, Outlook for CRM end-users get a little confused because they
> expect CRM to appear inside Outlook for Web (OWA). =A0You have to explain=
 the
> Outlook Web version and the CRM Web version are two different application=
s.

> If you're not using tracking capability, the web version alone is just fi=
ne.
> =A0However, the tracking feature is typically "huge" for the end-users.
>
> "GhostRider" wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > 1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference
> > in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the
> > Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser?
>
> > 2) What are most common ?
>
> > thanks for any feedback...

Actually,  a correction to (4) in this list.  When you're sending an
email to a contact within the CRM 4.0 web-client, you're able to send
attachments.  You simply need to "save and close" the email as a
draft, then go back into activities for that contact and re-open it.
Under the attachment tab, you'll be able to add whatever attachment
you wish.

One of the biggest attractions I've seen for CRM for Outlook is the
offline feature, which allows your sales reps or whomever to be
offline with their Outlook client and still able to lookup CRM
information and continue working while on the go.

A requirement for the CRM web-client that most users forget is that it
requires an email router if you want your users to strictly use the
web-client.  Commonly, CRM will use the user's Outlook client to for
any type of email activity, however this requires the user's Outlook
to be open and online to work.  If you've configured the user to
utilize the Email Router component (which is a separate setup and runs
on its own system if it isn't provided to you by whomever you're
hosting through) then they can do most everything via the web-client.
If you've set it up to monitor for inbound email, i.e. you have a
sales@ address or just a sales agents address,  you can configure the
following type of tracking in the web client:

All e-mail messages
E-mail messages in response to CRM e-mail
E-mail messages from CRM Leads, Contacts, and Accounts

The web-client allows you to track emails, too.

The beauty of the web-client is that you don't need to worry about
client setup and client issues.  With some of our customers, we've
noticed issues with the CRM for Outlook plug-in either hanging Outlook
or crashing Outlook altogether and have noticed really the only major
difference that is missed between the web-client and the Outlook plug-
in is the ability to go offline with your CRM data.  Even then, the
sync requires sufficient space.

Tnx.
-matt
http://www.themessagecenter.com

Count If Formula #4

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

outlook 2007 e-mail

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...