Outlook Set Regarding Feature - Multiple Contacts or Accounts Tracking Required

When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
communication against each account or Contact in CRM.

We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature,
however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email
to a single account or contact.

Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of
email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.

Many thanks

Steve

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4.

Regards,
Donna

"Steve Le Monnier" wrote:

> When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
> communication against each account or Contact in CRM.
>
> We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature,
> however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email
> to a single account or contact.
>
> Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of
> email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve

0
Donna (199)
6/12/2008 12:35:02 PM
Hi Donna

I've tried and the pop-up selection box only allows a single account or
contact... When you select two records an alert box appears confirming you
are only allowed to select 1 record.

Steve

"Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4.
>
> Regards,
> Donna
>
> "Steve Le Monnier" wrote:
>
>> When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
>> communication against each account or Contact in CRM.
>>
>> We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding'
>> feature,
>> however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the
>> email
>> to a single account or contact.
>>
>> Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind
>> of
>> email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Steve

When selecting Set Regarding, there is a small down arrow to the right.
Select that and select More from the list.  This should allow you to add
additional Set Regarding records.  If this is not working as expected then
you may have to contact Microsoft Support.

Thank you

"Steve Le Monnier" wrote:

> Hi Donna
>
> I've tried and the pop-up selection box only allows a single account or
> contact... When you select two records an alert box appears confirming you
> are only allowed to select 1 record.
>
> Steve
>

> "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Donna
> >
> > "Steve Le Monnier" wrote:
> >
> >> When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
> >> communication against each account or Contact in CRM.
> >>
> >> We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding'
> >> feature,
> >> however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the
> >> email
> >> to a single account or contact.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind
> >> of
> >> email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.
> >>
> >> Many thanks
> >>
> >> Steve

0
Donna (199)
6/12/2008 1:04:02 PM
Hi,

I received a Page Can not display message when I sent my reply so I will try
again in the event it did not go through.

When adding multiple Set Regarding records, you need to select the small
down arrow next to Set Regarding and then select More from the drop down
list.  This should allow you to set multiple regarding records.  If this is
not working as expected, you may need to contact Microsoft Support for help.

Thank you

"Steve Le Monnier" wrote:

> Hi Donna
>
> I've tried and the pop-up selection box only allows a single account or
> contact... When you select two records an alert box appears confirming you
> are only allowed to select 1 record.
>
> Steve
>

> "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Donna
> >
> > "Steve Le Monnier" wrote:
> >
> >> When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
> >> communication against each account or Contact in CRM.
> >>
> >> We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding'
> >> feature,
> >> however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the
> >> email
> >> to a single account or contact.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind
> >> of
> >> email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.
> >>
> >> Many thanks
> >>
> >> Steve

0
Donna (199)
6/12/2008 1:08:01 PM
Hi Donna

I've seen the drop-down arrow, which then launches the CRM Lookup Record
Dialogue box, but this box only allows the selction of a single record
end-of.

It's interesting that you think this should work, have you tried it? I'm
happy to log a call with MS but I don't want to do this if its not in the
design of the product.
I wish you could post images here as I could show you the dialogue box that
I'm getting.

In case its relevant I'm using CRM 4.0 with Outlook 2007, in fact its the MS
CRM4 Virtual Image that I'm trying it on.

Thanks for the feed-back so far.

> When selecting Set Regarding, there is a small down arrow to the right.
> Select that and select More from the list.  This should allow you to add
> additional Set Regarding records.  If this is not working as expected then
> you may have to contact Microsoft Support.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Steve Le Monnier" wrote:
>
>> Hi Donna
>>
>> I've tried and the pop-up selection box only allows a single account or
>> contact... When you select two records an alert box appears confirming
>> you
>> are only allowed to select 1 record.

oops, you got me there.  I did not test it.  I thought I heard that this was
part of the product design, "setting multiple regarding", so I just 'assumed'
it was a feature and it worked.  I will do a little more research.

Thank you

"Steve Le Monnier" wrote:

> Hi Donna
>
> I've seen the drop-down arrow, which then launches the CRM Lookup Record
> Dialogue box, but this box only allows the selction of a single record
> end-of.
>
> It's interesting that you think this should work, have you tried it? I'm
> happy to log a call with MS but I don't want to do this if its not in the
> design of the product.
> I wish you could post images here as I could show you the dialogue box that
> I'm getting.
>
> In case its relevant I'm using CRM 4.0 with Outlook 2007, in fact its the MS
> CRM4 Virtual Image that I'm trying it on.
>
> Thanks for the feed-back so far.
>
> Steve
>

> "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When selecting Set Regarding, there is a small down arrow to the right.
> > Select that and select More from the list.  This should allow you to add
> > additional Set Regarding records.  If this is not working as expected then
> > you may have to contact Microsoft Support.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "Steve Le Monnier" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Donna
> >>
> >> I've tried and the pop-up selection box only allows a single account or
> >> contact... When you select two records an alert box appears confirming
> >> you
> >> are only allowed to select 1 record.

0
Donna (199)
6/12/2008 3:41:04 PM
When you send an email to a CRM contact, it will automatically be associated
with the contact in CRM. CRM looks at the email address of the email and
associates it with the correct users.

You only need to set the regarding to enable you to make the email regarding
something else in CRM as, for example a quote, or a case. This means you do
not need to set the regarding to more than one thing.

Hope this helps

Rob

"Steve Le Monnier" wrote:

> When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
> communication against each account or Contact in CRM.
>
> We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature,
> however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email
> to a single account or contact.
>
> Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of
> email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve

0
RobMottram (202)
6/16/2008 11:03:01 AM
I also think that if your goal is to see the activities for both the account
and contact, you can show activities in the view window of the Account and
show related entities, which would include the activities for contacts of the
selected entity.

"Steve Le Monnier" wrote:

> When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
> communication against each account or Contact in CRM.
>
> We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature,
> however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email
> to a single account or contact.
>
> Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of
> email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve

But, what about the situation where someone in our organisation wishes to
communicate about a meeting with the contact in question, but not to the
contact themselves.  i.e Someone wishes to commuicate to another colleague in
our organisation about this particular contact and hold the email against the
record.

If they want to record this email note against two records, which is at
times necessary (two or three contacts were present at a meeting for
instance), how can you record the detail without having to do this seperately.

Thanks

"Chris Treanor" wrote:

> I also think that if your goal is to see the activities for both the account
> and contact, you can show activities in the view window of the Account and
> show related entities, which would include the activities for contacts of the
> selected entity.
>
> "Steve Le Monnier" wrote:
>
> > When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that
> > communication against each account or Contact in CRM.
> >
> > We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature,
> > however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email
> > to a single account or contact.
> >
> > Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of
> > email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Steve

0
Jason4159 (666)