Outlook offline reports not available

I have setup most of my CRM 4 users with the Outlook client, which seems to
work considerably better than that in CRM 3.  However, when the clients are
traveling and unable to attach to the Internet, the reports are not
available.  Is there any way to make the CRM reports available offline.  The
SQL database is loaded on each of the user PCs and everything else seems to
be working just fine.  Any assistance will be appreciated.
--
Petej-Boston
0

It is working on our end ok.

I would try the following:

1. Setup a test client with a CRM Administrator login and install the 4.0
CRM Outlook Advanced Client on it
2. Ensure that the local data group include all the data that the offline
report needs
3. Go offline, and open a default report such as the Account Overview on any
Account records

Does this work?  Does the Report Viewer shows up?

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Petej" wrote:

> I have setup most of my CRM 4 users with the Outlook client, which seems to
> work considerably better than that in CRM 3.  However, when the clients are
> traveling and unable to attach to the Internet, the reports are not
> available.  Is there any way to make the CRM reports available offline.  The
> SQL database is loaded on each of the user PCs and everything else seems to
> be working just fine.  Any assistance will be appreciated.
> --
> Petej-Boston
0
FrankLee (144)
5/6/2008 12:42:01 AM
Frank,
Thanks so much.  That did the trick.  Really appreciate it.
Pete
--
Petej-Boston

"Frank Lee" wrote:

> It is working on our end ok.
>
> I would try the following:
>
> 1. Setup a test client with a CRM Administrator login and install the 4.0
> CRM Outlook Advanced Client on it
> 2. Ensure that the local data group include all the data that the offline
> report needs
> 3. Go offline, and open a default report such as the Account Overview on any
> Account records
>
> Does this work?  Does the Report Viewer shows up?
>

> Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
> http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
>
> "Petej" wrote:
>
> > I have setup most of my CRM 4 users with the Outlook client, which seems to
> > work considerably better than that in CRM 3.  However, when the clients are
> > traveling and unable to attach to the Internet, the reports are not
> > available.  Is there any way to make the CRM reports available offline.  The
> > SQL database is loaded on each of the user PCs and everything else seems to
> > be working just fine.  Any assistance will be appreciated.
> > --
> > Petej-Boston
0
Petej (7)