Outlook HTTP Synchronization and CRM 3

Dear all,

I have just had a brief look through the deployment guide and cant seem
to find mention of the ports that the CRM 3 Client for Outlook uses for
sync of the CRM data ?

Reason for my question is that a client is using Outlook 2003 HTTP sync
for Exchange data and I need to find out if the CRM3 sync would also
work over HTTP ?

For security they are currently using one of those SSL VPN type
appliances. Not being a firewall expert does anyone know if the Outlook
client syncs up over SSL VPNs ?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers,

0
JamieBulmer
9/5/2006 9:35:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The CRM Outlook client does not support RPC over HTTP. However, if the
computer is connected via VPN and you can hit the CRM web client with a local
address, then you should be fine with Outlook.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"JamieBulmer" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have just had a brief look through the deployment guide and cant seem
> to find mention of the ports that the CRM 3 Client for Outlook uses for
> sync of the CRM data ?
>
> Reason for my question is that a client is using Outlook 2003 HTTP sync
> for Exchange data and I need to find out if the CRM3 sync would also
> work over HTTP ?
>
> For security they are currently using one of those SSL VPN type
> appliances. Not being a firewall expert does anyone know if the Outlook
> client syncs up over SSL VPNs ?
>
> Any thoughts much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,

Hello, I have a problem like this. Some members of us connect via VPN to the
office in Amerika. The CRMrequests will forward to germany (CRM-Server). All
have Connection via web but the connection with the client failed. I guess
the request of the laptopclient is different from the webaccess. Pure HTTP
requests seems to be work.
My Question: Wath kind of Dataconnection is necessary for the CRM-Client?

Thanks

"MattNC" wrote:

> The CRM Outlook client does not support RPC over HTTP. However, if the
> computer is connected via VPN and you can hit the CRM web client with a local
> address, then you should be fine with Outlook.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "JamieBulmer" wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have just had a brief look through the deployment guide and cant seem
> > to find mention of the ports that the CRM 3 Client for Outlook uses for
> > sync of the CRM data ?
> >
> > Reason for my question is that a client is using Outlook 2003 HTTP sync
> > for Exchange data and I need to find out if the CRM3 sync would also
> > work over HTTP ?
> >
> > For security they are currently using one of those SSL VPN type
> > appliances. Not being a firewall expert does anyone know if the Outlook
> > client syncs up over SSL VPNs ?
> >
> > Any thoughts much appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers,

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Outlook OOF

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...