We just upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 this weekend. All client machines have had
the desktop client upgraded and 2 have the same issue. One is XP with Outlook
2003 and the other is Vista with Outlook 2007.   Open opens and the CRM addin
initializes correctly. As soon as you compose and send an email, Outlook
locks up and you have to kill the process in task manager to close Outlook.
0
Sander1 (7)
4/15/2008 2:49:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've had the same problem and have tried all I can think of...how did you fix
this issue?

Thank you.

"Sander" wrote:

> We just upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 this weekend. All client machines have had
> the desktop client upgraded and 2 have the same issue. One is XP with Outlook
> 2003 and the other is Vista with Outlook 2007.   Open opens and the CRM addin
> initializes correctly. As soon as you compose and send an email, Outlook
> locks up and you have to kill the process in task manager to close Outlook.
0
John1063 (943)
5/9/2008 3:42:01 AM
This is driving me nuts has anyone fixed this? If I do an unistall will it
get rid of the problem? I still have an open case with MS with CRM I will
also write them. If someone found a fix to this please respond.

RTW

"John" wrote:

> I've had the same problem and have tried all I can think of...how did you fix
> this issue?
>
> Thank you.
>

> "Sander" wrote:
>
> > We just upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 this weekend. All client machines have had
> > the desktop client upgraded and 2 have the same issue. One is XP with Outlook
> > 2003 and the other is Vista with Outlook 2007.   Open opens and the CRM addin
> > initializes correctly. As soon as you compose and send an email, Outlook
> > locks up and you have to kill the process in task manager to close Outlook.
I have the same problem, has this been resolved yet?

0
service1 (1)
6/26/2008 8:08:58 AM
And me - we have just installed CRM v4 and i have added the outlook client to
my vista/office 2007 setup. Response time clicking between mail folders
(inbox, out, sent etc) is slow with 3-4 secs to refresh. It takes about 23
secs to respond when i click "new email"!!

If i send a mail the client freezes completely and i have to kill
outlook.exe thru task manager. On restarting it says "the folder was last
updated at xx.xx" this is the time i hit send. The mail will still be in the
outbox too and will go as it connects to exchange... I will test on a couple
of machines tomorrow, but there is no way i can use this or roll it out
0
Paul297 (622)
7/1/2008 9:19:01 PM
You guys need to check the size of inbox and number of  folders in
outlook . my experience shows that if you reduce the size of inbox
and number of folders then outlook work normal.

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/1/2008 9:35:22 PM
found abit more in the even log:-

MSCRMAddin - eventid 5909 - ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office
Outlook, Application Version: 12.0.6300.5000, Microsoft Office Version:
12.0.6215.1000. This session was terminated unexpectedly.

MSCRMAddin - eventid 5973 - An error occurred processing Microsoft
CRM-related e-mail messages.  Not all CRM-related e-mail messages may be
marked appropriately.  Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again.
HR=0x80010100. Context=. Function=CEmailTagger::Run. Line=368.
0
Paul297 (622)
7/1/2008 9:44:09 PM
paul

there should be more text inside "Description Box" , which might point
you that which dll or application/exe  caused the outlook to crash or
stopped .

are you using several addon along with microsoft crm.dll in outlook?

/Aamir

0
whatelseto (435)
7/1/2008 9:55:26 PM
re size/folders - i only have a few folders, no local PST, exchange mailbox
size is 150mb. I am quite new so certainly not complicated

re "Description Box" - not certain where you mean?

I have run diagnostics and it keeps saying <Title>Verifying metadata.</Title>
  <Status>Failed</Status>
  <Details>Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheckException:
Cached metadata information appears to be corrupted and was deleted. Please
restart Outlook. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
unable to process request. at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at
methodName, Object[] parameters) at
Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.MetadataWebService.GetMetadataForRichClient() at
Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadMetadataFromWebServiceForRichClient(Guid
organizationId) at
Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadCacheFromWebServiceForRichClient(DynamicMetadataCacheLoader
loader, LoadMasks masks, Guid organizationId) at
Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadCacheForRichClient(DynamicMetadataCacheLoader
loader, LoadMasks masks, IOrganizationContext context) at
Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCacheFactory.LoadMetadataCache(LoadMethod
method, CacheType type, IOrganizationContext context) at
Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.MetadataCache.LoadCache(IOrganizationContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.MetadataCache.GetInstance(IOrganizationContext
context) at
Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.MetadataLoadDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker
backgroundWorker) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.MetadataLoadDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker
backgroundWorker) at
Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheck.DeepExecute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker)</Details>
  </DiagnosticCheck>

I have also found this
http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3499670&SiteID=27 -
though mine doesnt come up with an error. Will remove my admin rights and
update if it fixes....

0
Paul297 (622)
7/2/2008 8:23:00 AM
If you have Business Contact manager installed, uninstall it...worked for me.
 I didn't even realize I had it install because I close the folders in my
Outlook.

"Sander" wrote:

> We just upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 this weekend. All client machines have had
> the desktop client upgraded and 2 have the same issue. One is XP with Outlook
> 2003 and the other is Vista with Outlook 2007.   Open opens and the CRM addin
> initializes correctly. As soon as you compose and send an email, Outlook
> locks up and you have to kill the process in task manager to close Outlook.
0
Ria (3)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses