Outlook Error after URL change

We have already configured our internal DNS records to support
crm.domain.com to point to the proper machine, and created the host
headers on the web server.  How do we get CRM to switch from "server1"
to crm.domain.com?

In a nutshell, we renamed the server from an internal name to a FQDN.
Internally the CRM server still believes it is on http://server1
We are trying to access it now on http;//crm.domain.com.

Our outlook worked properly before we made this change. After the
change, only the web works and the outlook after a uninstall and
reinstall, switching the server name while reinstalling, passes the
environmental testing, but when you start outlook, it errors saying
error communicating with CRM server, Error loading the CRM
functionality. None of the sub folders under CRM show up.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

0
Brett
2/23/2007 7:31:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Check the regkey settings for webappurl in the client registry under
HKEYCURRENTUSER->Software->Microsoft->MSCRMClient...see if they
reflect the new URL or the old.

0
Scott
2/26/2007 3:58:58 AM
On Feb 25, 10:58 pm, "Scott Moore: JourneyTEAM - EASI"
<scottymo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Check the regkey settings for webappurl in the client registry under
> HKEYCURRENTUSER->Software->Microsoft->MSCRMClient...see if they
> reflect the new URL or the old.

Those registry keys are all showing the correct server name URL.

When you swap out the newly created .PST file with the Old .PST file
that outlook loads for CRM, the links work. The newly created .PST
file has no links what-so-ever in it. It's almost like whatever the
outlook client install is trying to get from the server during install
is not working, even though it can clearly see the CRM Server.

Would redeploying CRM be the only fix to this?

0
Brett
2/26/2007 2:14:39 PM
I forgot to mention that after changing to the Old .PST file, I had to
manually go in and change all the HomePage links inside the properties
of each folder under Microsoft CRM inside outlook.

0
Brett

change the default font for Comment
Is there a way to change the default font for the Comment function to Arial 9pt? Thanks, Randy Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rduncan wrote: > Is there a way to change the default font for the Comment > function to Arial 9pt? > > Thanks, > Randy ...

SRS Question and possible link to error
I am currently running a single Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 server for my organization. We had been running an Exchange 5.5 server until this new one was in place and it has since been put out of its misery. (however I think it may have not been demoted properly, but that's another story) I just today changed the FQDN of the exhange server to our new domain and my ISP made the appropriate changes and it took fine... but I have two questions: 1. On the new Exchange server I still see a Site Replication Service, can this be safely deleted now that the 5.5 server is dead and gone? By deleting...

Outlook 2002 exporting junk mail addresses
Can this be done? Thanks! "HAAK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053401c3b405$9fa93ad0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can this be done? Thanks! search for, and copy, the file called "Junk senders.txt" OK...thanks a lot. I'll try it. >-----Original Message----- >"HAAK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:053401c3b405$9fa93ad0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >> Can this be done? Thanks! > >search for, and copy, the file called "Junk senders.txt" > ...

outlook, exchange and imap
i have outlook set up from home connecting to a exchange 2000 server via imap. when i delete a message, all it does is put a line thru the message. but it doesn't delete. when i am in the office, that supposedly deleted message is still there. how do you permantly expunge a message in imap either manually or when you exit outlook? I know what you are saying, same thing happens to me. The way I get rid of it is to log into the email service without Outlook ie. via internet, which is what I do. For example, the service I use is through a university, which provides email access throu...

Outlook 2002 Follow Up Flags
In Outlook Express, I could flag an email for follow up simply by clicking the flag column next to the email I wanted to flag. Is there any way to do this in Outlook 2002 (without having to right-click on the message itself, or go in to the Actions drop-down, or do Ctrl-Shift-G)?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Not directly. However, you can customize your toolbar and add the follow up action from the Actions menu to the toolbar. Then just select the message and click the toolbar button. Outlook 2003 has the ability to flag an item with a single click. -- Patricia Card...

Outlook will not save the e-mail password
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. See if this helps - For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://su...

Problem of Outlook sending messages with attachments multiple times
We've been having problems with more and more Outlook users (several versions) who are getting messages "stuck" in their Outbox. Usually, we can clear it up by running scanpst on their machine. Once or twice, the problem seemed to be an outlook.pst file that was nearly 2gb. What's the best way to prevent this from happening in the first place? So far, there hasn't been much harm done, but there's real concern about inadvertently mailbombing one of our clients. Thanks! 1. Archive regularly. 2. Empty deleted items folder. 3. Remove attachments. --� Milly Staples [M...

Accessing/Changing Keywords externally via Office 2004 mdimporter
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there a way to access and/or change the Keywords metadata for Excel and Word (Office 2004) without opening the application? I had a programmer write a program that accesses and changes the keywords metadata (without opening the application) for Microsoft Office 2008 files, iWork files, RTF files, PDF files, and a couple of others. It works great (and it only adds 1 second to modified data - so essentially there's no change - the 1 second is so that Chronosync will see the change.) Anyway, my programmer is now una...

x or y error bars? where are they?
I cannot find the x or y error bar tabs in the format data series menu. What's the chart type? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Chantel" <Chantel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE95F339-7B03-4244-9021-715FAAD6B7E6@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the x or y error bar tabs in the format data series menu. What do you mean by chart type? It is a bar graph "Jon Peltier" wrote: > What's the chart type? > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Micros...

Sending "Read Receipt" problem (Outlook 2003)
Hello, I am having problems sending a "read receipt" when one is requested. In "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Tracking Options" I use "Ask me before sending a response" When a person asks for a "read receipt" I can accept or decline, but when I allow a read receipt to be sent I do not find it in the "Sent" folder. And subsequently the person is not receiving it. I also observed that once I accepted to send a receipt, one of my other accounts (not default) and not the one I received the email "To" is trying to se...

Outlook 2010
In Mail, the folder "News Feed" replicates itself (News Feed, News Feed 1...) and I don't know why. In fact, I would like to eliminate this folder permanently. Any thoughts? Thanks. You should be able to simply delete that folder or at least the duplicates. The behavior for that folder in the RTM release of Outlook 2010 will changed so it will not bother you again ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real W...

Need to change data entered into cell. HELP ASAP!!
I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77- 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click and edit each individual cell manually? Please help, anyone have any suggestions? Lots of thanks in advance. Hi one way (if you only have numbers): use acustom format : "MH"0 another way: in the adjacent column in row one (lets say in B1) enter the formula ="MH" & A1 copy this formula down After this select column B and copy the contents (CTRL+C). goto 'Edit - Paste Special' a...

Exchange Server 5.5 Restored from tape gives an error 3355443752 and will not start the services
I have an NT4 server that I use for restoring Exchanger Server 5.5 by using NT Backup to backup and restore. I successfully used it to restore the information store so I could retreive some deleted messages. I found that I needed to do a restore from the previous day and ran a restore from that tape. I am now getting an error 3355443752 when I try to restart the Information Store Service. I looked at Microsoft's KB and they said that I should get this if I ran "isinteg -patch" or "eseutil /r/is" before restarting the Information Store Service, but I did not run eith...

outlook profile/password problems
outlook 2003 I know that I have asked this before but I have two mail accounts (one business and one personal) set to both send and receive at the same time from their respective isp/servers. When I press send and receive I get mail from the respective accounts. The problem that I have is evreytime I do this I am asked for my password to both accounts and I do this and check the save password box but still receive the pop up box asking me for my password. I have checked both of my accounts from their pop3 web accounts and there is no problem. I have done a repair on outlook and there is no p...

error in excel #4
error in excell. compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. the problem persist with new isntalation. some solution? thanks Hi have you tried to remove/deactivate all installed add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany temprano wrote: > error in excell. > compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. > the problem persist with new isntalation. > some solution? > thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes that can help you find the problem workbook at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Essentially, you're going to move stuff out of your XLSt...

Outlook does not show my saved emails just folders
I had to do full restore After restoring Office 2007 pro I installed outlook connector when i setup Outlook all of my folders appeared however my saved emails in those folders are not there all my folders are empty How come? What can I do? are you talking about the hotmail/msn/live mail folders or some other folders? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

Outlook
I must have checked a box inadvertently, because recently when I directly open Outlook, if there's any mail pending d'load from my ISP (I usually open it via Mailwasher) it automatically d'loads it straight into Outlook. Does anyone know which box I may have checked to cause this? -- johnf tools, send/receive - find the define send and receive option and remove the check from the option to check every xx min. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Ot...

Hyperlinks stopped working in Outlook
My son has Office 2003 and all hyperlinks do not work in any of the Office products (minus IE). I have tried to reset all the defaults but this hasn't helped. Ideas? Thanks, Barry >-----Original Message----- >My son has Office 2003 and all hyperlinks do not work in >any of the Office products (minus IE). I have tried to >reset all the defaults but this hasn't helped. Ideas? > >Thanks, Barry >. > MINE is doing the same thing ...

Outlook 2003 mailbox sharing
I shared my entire mailbox including subfolders with 2 colleagues as an interim before getting a joint email account. Now I have the joint account, I want to revoke sharing permission for my mailbox. I can't seem to reverse the process I did to share it as right-clicking the mailbox, inbox or any subfolder, and selecting Properties or Sharing... brings up dialogues which lack the tick-list of share-ees! How do I access the list of colleagues and demote them from their current access privileges? ...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...

Varias cuentas en el Outlook
Saludos, Tengo configurado mi outlook de la siguiente=20 forma: Una cuenta de Exchange para correo interno. y tres cuentas de correo externo. La cuenta de EXCHANGE esta PREDETERMINADA (DEFAULT) Esta la situaci=F3n: Todo funciona bien, cuando env=EDo un correo externo o=20 interno el sistema identifica por cual correo o servicio=20 de POP3 va a salir y el correo llega a su destino. Algo=20 importante para poder hacer llegar una cuenta real a=20 destinatario cambie el la cuenta del usuario en el=20 directorio activo el SMTP nombreusuario@DOMINIO.LOCAL por=20 una cuenta externa ya que como ten...

LDAP users+groups and Outlook 2003/2007
Hello. I'm having an issue with Microsoft Outlook and LDAP-directory. I'm using LDAP with Samba (PDC) and bunch of WinXP workstations. Server itself is running Debian Etch, if that makes any difference. Everything runs quite smoothly, users can login with their own account and all. Now we're building an internal address book to maintain mailing-list(ish) for different user groups (ie. employees, management, office1, office2 and so on). WinXP workstations use Outlook for email and users can obtain individual addresses / accounts via LDAP just fine when writing an email. They can ...

Outlooks Journal?
Can someone enlighten me on what one would use Outlooks Journal for? Never really ventured into using it yet, and curious if others use it You can use it to keep track of things you do, like emails to a person, calls to a person or company. It's just like a personal diary of actions you take or do. You can keep track of car oil changes, it's endless... Think of the Calendar as a forward looking set of things to do, the Journal as a history of what's been done, and Tasks as a list of work in progress. One of my software products, NebulaManager, allows business application soft...

Customize Outlook Today #8
I cannot customize my Outlook today screen, when I click on the button, nothing happens??? ...

Exchange Server 2003 & Outlook 2003
Hello All, I have this user that is having 2 problems; 1. Since converting over to Outlook from Outlook Express, a certain email generated from one of our web servers no longer tags the email address embedded in the email. (it's not a link, like it used to be in OE 6.0) 2. This user is the only member of this distribution group, but he is not able to send out email as that 'group'. He has 'send as' rights under the group permissions. When I added myself to this list, I have full admin privileges on the domain, I got the same error message. Another admin joined the l...