Outlook contact synchronization

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C6429A.D3A43A30

Has anyone detected a rhyme or reason why Outlook contacts in some
folders are �trackable� in CRM while other Outlook contacts in the same
folder tree are �not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM�? I�ve looked
at all the folder properties, forms, permissions, synchronization, etc.
and can�t detect the pattern needed to be trackable...

Thanks,

Richard

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C6429A.D3A43A30

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Garamond;
	panose-1:2 2 4 4 3 3 1 1 8 3;}
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Garamond;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAutoSig, li.MsoAutoSig, div.MsoAutoSig
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Has anyone detected a rhyme or reason why Outlook =
contacts
in some folders are &#8220;trackable&#8221; in CRM while other Outlook =
contacts
in the same folder tree are &#8220;not valid for promotion to Microsoft =
CRM&#8221;?
I&#8217;ve looked at all the folder properties, forms, permissions, =
synchronization,
etc. and can&#8217;t detect the pattern needed to be =

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

face=3DGaramond><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></font></p>

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C6429A.D3A43A30--

0
rwarren (1)
3/8/2006 2:59:36 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There are a few reasons why Outlook contacts are not allowed to be tracked
in CRM.
1) The message class of the contact is not IPM.Contact
2) The contact is stored outside of the Exchange local store
3) The contact is stored in a deleted items folder

--
Jason

"Richard Warren" <rwarren@MicroLinkLLC.com.donotspam> wrote in message
> Has anyone detected a rhyme or reason why Outlook contacts in some
> folders are "trackable" in CRM while other Outlook contacts in the same
> folder tree are "not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM"? I've looked
> at all the folder properties, forms, permissions, synchronization, etc.
> and can't detect the pattern needed to be trackable...
>

> Thanks,
>

> Richard

0
Jason
3/31/2006 11:05:38 PM
I ran into the same problem with a bunch of contacts. However, none are in a
deleted oitems folder nor are they outside the exchange local store (frankly
I don;t know if this could ever happen).

The first scenario you mentioned I don't understand. What is an IPC.Contact?

"Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:

> There are a few reasons why Outlook contacts are not allowed to be tracked
> in CRM.
> 1) The message class of the contact is not IPM.Contact
> 2) The contact is stored outside of the Exchange local store
> 3) The contact is stored in a deleted items folder
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "Richard Warren" <rwarren@MicroLinkLLC.com.donotspam> wrote in message
> > Has anyone detected a rhyme or reason why Outlook contacts in some
> > folders are "trackable" in CRM while other Outlook contacts in the same
> > folder tree are "not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM"? I've looked
> > at all the folder properties, forms, permissions, synchronization, etc.
> > and can't detect the pattern needed to be trackable...
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Richard

Jason,

Point us in the right direction as we are trying to sync our SBS Exchange
enviornment and Outlook to CRM.  Is there a white paper on how this is
initially setup (Bi-directional Syncronization between the two products)

Let us know

"Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:

> There are a few reasons why Outlook contacts are not allowed to be tracked
> in CRM.
> 1) The message class of the contact is not IPM.Contact
> 2) The contact is stored outside of the Exchange local store
> 3) The contact is stored in a deleted items folder
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "Richard Warren" <rwarren@MicroLinkLLC.com.donotspam> wrote in message
> > Has anyone detected a rhyme or reason why Outlook contacts in some
> > folders are "trackable" in CRM while other Outlook contacts in the same
> > folder tree are "not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM"? I've looked
> > at all the folder properties, forms, permissions, synchronization, etc.
> > and can't detect the pattern needed to be trackable...
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Richard

also, is there a way to stop tracking contacts in Outlook in conjucntion wit
CRM?

"Arthur" wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Point us in the right direction as we are trying to sync our SBS Exchange
> enviornment and Outlook to CRM.  Is there a white paper on how this is
> initially setup (Bi-directional Syncronization between the two products)
>
> Let us know
>
> "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > There are a few reasons why Outlook contacts are not allowed to be tracked
> > in CRM.
> > 1) The message class of the contact is not IPM.Contact
> > 2) The contact is stored outside of the Exchange local store
> > 3) The contact is stored in a deleted items folder
> >
> > --
> > Jason
> > --
> >

> > "Richard Warren" <rwarren@MicroLinkLLC.com.donotspam> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone detected a rhyme or reason why Outlook contacts in some
> > > folders are "trackable" in CRM while other Outlook contacts in the same
> > > folder tree are "not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM"? I've looked
> > > at all the folder properties, forms, permissions, synchronization, etc.
> > > and can't detect the pattern needed to be trackable...
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >

> > > Richard

Outlook Calendar
Hi, When I schedule an appointment in the web client it is not being shown in my outlook calendar. I have not received any error message. Is this how the system is supposed to work? If I schedule a CRM appointment in the outlook client it does appear in the web client. Best regards Lee Hi, So far as I know, you have to use the Oultook client to have a kind of synchronisation between the CRM server and Outlook. Gilles "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0406280204.582358ab@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > When I schedule an appointmen...

Outlook Express #135
Is there any problem with using Outlook Express for e mail retrieval but also keeping Outlook open at the same time for the calendar and task lists? I am doing this because Express has auto fill of the e mail address and Outlook 2000 does not. Also, is there a way to copy my contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express? Thanks. You can try: - exporting your Outlook contacts to a CSV file for import into OE - upgrading to OL2002 or 2003 since they both have auto-complete like OE "carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:292a01c3e143$d4619810$a0012...

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook receiving zip files

Outlook Express and LAN connection
I have Outlook Express 6.00.280 installed on Win NT 4.0 SP6 which is LAN connected to another PC that has Internet connection (Proxy server). Email account on my PC is POP3 for incoming mails and SMTP for outcoming. Now the problem is that I cannot receive emails but can only send them through this Proxy. Internet Explorer and all other applications that require Internet connection through proxy are working OK. The only problem I have is to receive emails. I setup the same account on another PC which has direct connection to the Internet through dialup and no problems for both sending and rece...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

Outlook won't load
Using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. Often have to click 7 or 8 times to get it to load. Other programs (Word, IE load instantly). What to do? Once running, bring up yr Win task mngr - Cntrl+Alt+Del - and check running process to see how many instances of Outlook.exe are running. If more than one instance, end the multiple instances to leave a single instance, then run Detect/Repair. Also do you have any Com Addins?, if so disable these and test. May help, David "Jo" <jkister@pageville.com> wrote in message news:003601c35c8c$e0f9f400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Using Outlook ...

"Customize Outlook Today" does not respond
The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer functions. I use Outlook 2000 on two separate computers. the Customize feature works on neither one. They both formerly functioned perfectly. I have noted a few other postings with the same issue, but there have been no responses. Is it possible that one of the updates to Outlook 2000 has rendered this feature inoperable? Since I keep my programs up to date, that is the only guess I have. I have the exact same problem on more than one pc. I have been searching for an answer all day. I just decided to start using the opti...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Outlook with Outlook Express ?