Outlook Client "Problem communicating with CRM Server...

I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook. Everything
works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client with
local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the notebook
client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the client
installation.

When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -

"There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists,
contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load CRM
functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can access
CRM via the web browser no problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Jan

0
Jan
12/1/2005 12:18:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE for
the user.  Also, make sure you used the fully qualified domain name for the
server.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook. Everything
works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client with
local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the notebook
client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the client
installation.

When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -

"There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists,
contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load CRM
functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can access
CRM via the web browser no problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Jan

0
Matt
12/2/2005 12:18:59 AM
adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE
worked for me.
Mirek

Matt Parks wrote:
> Try adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE for
> the user.  Also, make sure you used the fully qualified domain name for t=
he
> server.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook. Everythi=
ng
> works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client w=
ith
> local MSDE - so I=B4ve deinstalled the light client an installed the note=
book
> client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the cli=
ent
> installation.
>
> When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -
>
> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
> The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists,
> contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load =
CRM
> functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can access
> CRM via the web browser no problem.
>=20
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
> Jan

0
mirek
12/2/2005 4:02:20 PM
Thanks so long - but did not help. Still getting the same errors.

Matt Parks wrote:
> Try adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE for
> the user.  Also, make sure you used the fully qualified domain name for
> the
> server.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook.
> Everything
> works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client
> with
> local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the
> notebook
> client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the
> client
> installation.
>
> When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -
>
> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
> The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists,
> contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load
> CRM
> functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can access
> CRM via the web browser no problem.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
> Jan

0
Jan
12/2/2005 4:29:27 PM
Ohter thing to check then would be that the name you have registered with
the Outlook client for the server is the same name that returns if you do a
nslookup for the server from the client machine.

--

Matt Parks wrote:
> Try adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE for
> the user.  Also, make sure you used the fully qualified domain name for
> the
> server.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook.
> Everything
> works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client
> with
> local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the
> notebook
> client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the
> client
> installation.
>
> When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -
>
> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
> The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists,
> contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load
> CRM
> functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can access
> CRM via the web browser no problem.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
> Jan

0
Matt
12/2/2005 10:21:15 PM
Thanks matt

checked nslookup - it matched with URL registered during installation. Still
any hints?

Jan

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Ohter thing to check then would be that the name you have registered with
> the Outlook client for the server is the same name that returns if you do
> nslookup for the server from the client machine.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> Thanks so long - but did not help. Still getting the same errors.
>
> <mirek@eaglesystems.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE
> worked for me.
> Mirek
>
> Matt Parks wrote:
>> Try adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE for
>> the user.  Also, make sure you used the fully qualified domain name for
>> the
>> server.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
>> I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook.
>> Everything
>> works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client
>> with
>> local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the
>> notebook
>> client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the
>> client
>> installation.
>>
>> When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -
>>
>> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
>> The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem
>> persists,
>> contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load
>> CRM
>> functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can
>> access
>> CRM via the web browser no problem.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
>> Jan

0
Jan
12/5/2005 3:29:56 PM
Nope, sorry to say I can't think of anything else.

--

Thanks matt

checked nslookup - it matched with URL registered during installation. Still
any hints?

Jan

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Ohter thing to check then would be that the name you have registered with
> the Outlook client for the server is the same name that returns if you do
> nslookup for the server from the client machine.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> Thanks so long - but did not help. Still getting the same errors.
>
> <mirek@eaglesystems.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE
> worked for me.
> Mirek
>
> Matt Parks wrote:
>> Try adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE for
>> the user.  Also, make sure you used the fully qualified domain name for
>> the
>> server.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
>> I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook.
>> Everything
>> works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client
>> with
>> local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the
>> notebook
>> client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the
>> client
>> installation.
>>
>> When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -
>>
>> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
>> The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem
>> persists,
>> contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load
>> CRM
>> functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can
>> access
>> CRM via the web browser no problem.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
>> Jan

0
Matt
12/6/2005 12:23:24 AM
I have the same problem with the desktop client.  It did work but had to do a
repair of Outlook after installing a VOIP client which was meant to interact
with the CRM functions.  Since then have got the "failed to load CRM
functionality".  Tried reinstalling the CRM client,  Outlook,  VOIP client,
cant get it to work.  Looks like an authentication problem.  I can however
still operate CRM from the Outlook folder,  adding contacts etc.  Just cant
get the add-in to work.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Nope, sorry to say I can't think of anything else.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> Thanks matt
>
> checked nslookup - it matched with URL registered during installation. Still
> any hints?
>
> Jan
>

> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Ohter thing to check then would be that the name you have registered with
> > the Outlook client for the server is the same name that returns if you do
> > nslookup for the server from the client machine.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >

> > "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> > Thanks so long - but did not help. Still getting the same errors.
> >
> > <mirek@eaglesystems.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE
> > worked for me.
> > Mirek
> >
> > Matt Parks wrote:
> >> Try adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE for
> >> the user.  Also, make sure you used the fully qualified domain name for
> >> the
> >> server.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Matt Parks
> >> MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >>

> >> "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> >> I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook.
> >> Everything
> >> works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client
> >> with
> >> local MSDE - so I´ve deinstalled the light client an installed the
> >> notebook
> >> client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the
> >> client
> >> installation.
> >>
> >> When I launch Outlook now I get the following error -
> >>
> >> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.
> >> The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem
> >> persists,
> >> contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot load
> >> CRM
> >> functionality.  I get all green checks during the install and I can
> >> access
> >> CRM via the web browser no problem.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
> >> Jan

All,

Don't know if anyone is still having this problem, but my errors were
exactly as described, and I finally resolved them by uninstalling the Outlook
client and finding and deleting the MSCRM.PST file, (which is in a hidden
folder).  This may have been left there from the 1.2 client, (this was an
upgrade for us), or just from the first install attempt. After uninstalling
and deleting that file, I was able to reinstall and connect.

Hope this helps,

 - Scot

"SJ" wrote:

> I have the same problem with the desktop client.  It did work but had to do a
> repair of Outlook after installing a VOIP client which was meant to interact
> with the CRM functions.  Since then have got the "failed to load CRM
> functionality".  Tried reinstalling the CRM client,  Outlook,  VOIP client,
> cant get it to work.  Looks like an authentication problem.  I can however
> still operate CRM from the Outlook folder,  adding contacts etc.  Just cant
> get the add-in to work.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Nope, sorry to say I can't think of anything else.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >

> > "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> > Thanks matt
> >
> > checked nslookup - it matched with URL registered during installation. Still
> > any hints?
> >
> > Jan
> >

> > "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Ohter thing to check then would be that the name you have registered with
> > > the Outlook client for the server is the same name that returns if you do
> > > nslookup for the server from the client machine.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> > >

> > > "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> > > Thanks so long - but did not help. Still getting the same errors.
> > >
> > > <mirek@eaglesystems.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > adding the CRM server to the Local Intranet zone Sites list in IE
> > > worked for me.
> > > Mirek

We have the same problem too, and tried all the methods described. As a last
resort, our customer server administrator inserted the MSCRM 3.0 server setup
CD and ran the MSCRM setup in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. He
selected "Repair" and then the "...cannot connect to CRM server..." during
Outlook Client setup warning message went away. All Outlook Clients can
finally install successfully.

I hope this info may be helpful to some you guys.

Rgds,
Randy

"Scot" wrote:

> All,
>
> Don't know if anyone is still having this problem, but my errors were
> exactly as described, and I finally resolved them by uninstalling the Outlook
> client and finding and deleting the MSCRM.PST file, (which is in a hidden
> folder).  This may have been left there from the 1.2 client, (this was an
> upgrade for us), or just from the first install attempt. After uninstalling
> and deleting that file, I was able to reinstall and connect.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>  - Scot
>
> "SJ" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem with the desktop client.  It did work but had to do a
> > repair of Outlook after installing a VOIP client which was meant to interact
> > with the CRM functions.  Since then have got the "failed to load CRM
> > functionality".  Tried reinstalling the CRM client,  Outlook,  VOIP client,
> > cant get it to work.  Looks like an authentication problem.  I can however
> > still operate CRM from the Outlook folder,  adding contacts etc.  Just cant
> > get the add-in to work.
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> > > Nope, sorry to say I can't think of anything else.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> > >

> > > "Jan" <jan.wittern@antauris.de> wrote in message
> > > Thanks matt
> > >
> > > checked nslookup - it matched with URL registered during installation. Still
> > > any hints?
> > >
> > > Jan
> > >

> > > "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Publisher file to PDF, image problems.
when I print a Publisher file to PDF, my logo comes out fuzzy. Michelle1031 <Michelle1031@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > when I print a Publisher file to PDF, my logo comes out fuzzy. If you zoom in on your document in Publisher, is your logo fuzzy? What PDF quality settings are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Michelle, I have tried that b4 and had no success. I even had a DTP specialist try it, it still does not work. The only thing I can suggest is to insert the photo from ur computer into the document after you conve...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

Outlook Sales

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Excel button problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

WCF Client serialization problem

cannot open hyper links in outlook