Outlook client for CRM V3 - Cannot save local data for contact syn

We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts'
local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use
the desktop client.

But the save button is greyed out.

They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have
local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the
C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder
and it's subfolders.

What else could be disabling the save option?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make changes to
it.  I recommend saving the local data group as a new group, then
de-activating My Contacts.
--
Richard Riddle
CRM Developer

"Andrew Padley" wrote:

> We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts'
> local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use
> the desktop client.
>
> But the save button is greyed out.
>
> They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have
> local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the
> C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder
> and it's subfolders.
>
> What else could be disabling the save option?

They cannot create a new group either. It does seem to affect certain users
with a certain CRM role. Support users can save okay. I'll find out which
roles are affected.

What other CRM permissions could possibly affect this? Outlook Sync and CRM
address book are the obvious ones, which are enabled.

Thanks,

Andrew.

"Richard Riddle" wrote:

> Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make changes to
> it.  I recommend saving the local data group as a new group, then
> de-activating My Contacts.
> --
> Richard Riddle
> CRM Developer
> Autonomix
>

> "Andrew Padley" wrote:
>
> > We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts'
> > local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use
> > the desktop client.
> >
> > But the save button is greyed out.
> >
> > They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have
> > local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the
> > C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder
> > and it's subfolders.
> >
> > What else could be disabling the save option?

Contact Name no parsed out
I'm attempting an import of my data from GoldMine, where the export function exports the contact name as a single field, not parsed out to First / Middle / Last. It appears that DMM wants the fields separate for mapping into the Contact entity? Before I go ahead and parse the import file I wanted to check. you can add logic into the import, if I can get some time will check into this to see if you can split a string as it comes in. =================== John O'Donnell, Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist My Blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/jodonnell CRM Wiki - http://channel9.m...

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

WCF Client serialization problem

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Contacts in Exchange #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Pulling data from separate tabs

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

contact list #13