Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address

Hi,

Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook
Client uses to syncronise?
--
Thanks in advance
Chris

Hi Chris,

You can make this change by editing the following registry key -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl.

The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits!

HTH,
Niths

"BoltonWolf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook
> Client uses to syncronise?
> --
> Thanks in advance
> Chris
Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'll explain why I'm not sure yet.

The reason we want to edit the server URL is that we want to be able to sync
Outlook CRM whilst our sales force are out on the road, the external address
to the server is different to the local address. We do not currently have VPN
into our network.

We can access the web interface no problems, when we type \\<Domain
Name>:5555\loader.aspx it prompts for a usename and password.

Since changing the ServerURL registry key as suggested, I now get Access
Denied from within Outlook. I can only presume this is becuase the Outlook
Client does not know how to log on, when not actualy on the domain Does
anybody know a way around this?

--
Thanks in advance
Chris

"Niths" wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> You can make this change by editing the following registry key -
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl.
>
> The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits!
>
> HTH,
> Niths
>
> "BoltonWolf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook
> > Client uses to syncronise?
> > --
> > Thanks in advance
> > Chris