Opportunity with null originating lead ID can't be closed error ?

I'm finding that opportunities created from scratch (ie. NOT converted
from leads) give me an error when I try to close them, perhaps due to
a NULL originating lead ID.

Has anyone else noticed this ?
0
lafleur
6/8/2004 7:30:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Steve

virtually all our opportunities are created from scratch ie not converted
from leads so this is not a known issue. What error are you getting?

"SuperSonic Steve" <lafleur@canadiensfan.com> wrote in message
> I'm finding that opportunities created from scratch (ie. NOT converted
> from leads) give me an error when I try to close them, perhaps due to
> a NULL originating lead ID.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this ?

0
John
6/9/2004 2:04:32 AM
"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:<O#MPcYcTEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Steve
>
> virtually all our opportunities are created from scratch ie not converted
> from leads so this is not a known issue. What error are you getting?
>

> "SuperSonic Steve" <lafleur@canadiensfan.com> wrote in message
> > I'm finding that opportunities created from scratch (ie. NOT converted
> > from leads) give me an error when I try to close them, perhaps due to
> > a NULL originating lead ID.
> >
> > Has anyone else noticed this ?

Thanks, John for your reply.

As it turns out, the problem was that the Expected Revenue field on
the opportunity wasn't being initiated.  This was happening because we
set the radio button for 'Revenue' to user-provided, but didn't make
the field mandatory.  So when you added an opportunity, CRM would fill
the field with the default of spaces.

When the pop-up window tried to initialize the "Actual Revenue" box
from the Expected Revenue box, it was failing on a type mismatch.
0
lafleur

Additional lookup for contacts on opportunity form
Hi, I try to customise CRM 3.0 without any training - therefore a question for which I need some help. On the opportunity form exists a look-up (potentional customer) for contacts/accounts. I'd like to add an aditional one to the form (to replace the decision maker). I tryed to create a new field on the opportunity entity but there's no field-type "look-up". It's also not possible to create a new relationship to the contact entity (both system entity's). Does anybody of you know how I can do this? (if yes - please explain it more detailed...). Thanks Joerg Look...

Event ID 1016 logged for sending an email
I recently emailed a co-worker (at 11:42am). I was then later shown a security log that showed Event ID 1016 was logged at 11:42am saying that I accessed her mailbox. I did no such thing! I've researched the knowledgebase and found some info on this topic, but can anyone tell me how I can definitively clear my name? Has this happened to anyone else - simply sending an email caused 1016 to log? I realize that checking the other person's calendar could also do this, but I don't think I did that either. My job could be on the line. Thanks for any help you can provide. (...

Close Event for the Database (?)
Is there a close event for the database? I have forms referencing other forms, and if the user closes Access without backing out of the forms, an error message pops up. It would be hand to just trap that error in an "On close" event for the entire db. Of course that might be a horrible thing when other errors are happening on close.... -- croy ...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

Is it possible to generate non-technical schema validation errors?
With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to get away from techy messages such as "The 'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)." and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and 10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom valid...

VBA Error Message "Compile Error...."
I used a macro from Ron's website to mail each worksheet to the email address in cell a1. I ran this macro and it worked perfectly for one workbook BUT... when I tried to use it for another workbook I got the follwing error message "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error Can't find project or library Ok Help". Help me please... do I have to check some more references in the VBA tools? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Have you set the reference to Outlook in that other workbook also ? You must do that in every workbook or you can use Late binding. See my site for a example --...

Cannot close opportunities #2
I upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 We encountered issues with SQRSS - I had to uninstall and reinstall SQRSS. I am now encoutering issues when closing a new opportunity it error out throwing an Exception of type "System.web.HttpUnhandledException' Full Stack: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] at Microsoft.crm.dialogs.CloseOppPage.ConfigureForm(_ at Microsoft.crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at system.web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInernal() at System.web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includesStagesBefore A...

OWA Error for http links
links inside a message body always generate an asp redirect code that does not execute at all thus giving an http 500 error - page not found. Example on a link to http://www.nightlight.org within a mail body. http://orange/exchweb/bin/redir.asp? URL=http://www.nightlight.org/ Exchange Server 2003 running on Server 2000 SP4 PLease help. ...

Error message #5
Excel 2000 - Try to save workbook as Excel 97 - 2000 & 5.0/95. Receive error message " An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair the feature now?" If you say YES I get an "Internal Error 2709." Does anyone know how to determine what feature the error message is referring to and how to repair the issue randy ...

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate creates NULL Control Pipe Handle
Hi, We have a usb composite device which has one mass storage interface and another as a network interface. We are developing a WDF driver (NDIS-USB) for the network interface. Immediately after WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate if I break into the debugger and examine the newly created device, then I see that the Control Pipe Handle is NULL! Here is the actual output: -------- kd> !WDFUSBDEVICE 0x0000057f`fe5905f8 WDFUSBDEVICE 0000057ffe5905f8 ============================= Config descriptor fffffa80037216b0, device descriptor fffffa8001a6fb58 Control USBD_PIPE_HANDLE 000000000000...

Outlook 2007 error event id: 35
Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the event viewer on my vista laptop. And usualy my outlook at some point just goes into the "not responding" mode. Then I have to kill the process from the task manager to be able to reopen outlook just to see it freeze again after a couple of seconds. I tried the whole stop indexing service and reinstall index service procedure to no avail. Does anyone else have a solution to this very anoying problem? Fred putzhilfe@gmail.com <putzhilfe@gmail.com> wrote: > Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the...

Error message when signing into Great Plains
I have a problem when setting up MS Great Plain. When I log into a company (E.G. company ABC), I receive an error message says "Decrypt Job Cost Creation Failed", I press OK, and the program just continues to run. Is there anyone know what is this message is about and how to resolve this problem?? Thank you very much This error is generated by the Wennsoft Products dictionary. Most times it relates to not installing the Wennsoft product from the SETUP.EXE. This is necessary as it installs and registers a couple DLL files, specifically WSREGKEYM.DLL and WSWRAPPER.DLL Refer to th...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

"could not fetch new headers " ERROR
i get the error " could not fetch new headers in the inbox of IMA server.The operation was cancelled ", while using my outlook 2000 o win98se mach. config: smtp/imap thro internet mail a/c option pl try to provide solutions to it. the error message pops up say every 5 min whenever outlook is on. thnks n regards gir ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com aggiridharan <aggiridharan.149yy0@outlookforum.com> wrote: > i get the error " coul...

Paid Sales Transaction Removal error message
Hola Familia When I try to do run a "Paid Sales Transaction Removal" against a specify customer (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Paid Transaction Removal) in Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005, I get the following error: [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PKRM30101’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.RM30101'. I searched for the error message in Customer Source Knowledge base and found Article ID : 861084, which I followed and it showed the duplicate document (invoice...

Error while backup SystemState via DPM 2010
Hi.. we backup the SystemState of our Server via DPM 2010. Since we're upgrade from DPM 2007 RTM to DPM 2010RC (now we use DPM 2010 RTM) on the Server DPM is hosted a eventlog error occured every day after the backup is finished: Source: FilterManager, Event ID: 3 "Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume....'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xc03a001c." Server Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 any ideas? Alex ...

Close and Restart your program.....
I want to be able to shut down my program and restart is automatically. My purpose is after the user enter's information I want to shutdown the program and restart it with the new information that was entered. The information entered activates new features, but the features can not be initialized while the program is running. It has to be initialize during startup. Thanks for you help!... Dirty Solution: Save your details, call CreateProcess or ShellExecute on your own EXE, terminate your application straight away. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Developer&quo...

absolutely cannot resolve timeout error
OL 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Win XP HE Follow-up to: *microsoft.public.outlook* (this message is cross-posted to the newsgroups that appear in the headers. To reply, just click "Reply" in news client and it will go to the follow-up newsgroup *microsoft.public.outlook*, where u can follow the thread. Thanks.) Hi, I am constantly receiving error message: Task 'smtp server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your s...

Error trying to make an account default
I have a new computer and my outlook 2003 is not letting me assign a default account to send and receive. I get this error: "The Specicied Account could not be found. It might have been deleted." I have four accounnts setup and have tried removing the accounts and recreating them and still get the error. when the account has been made, it tests fine. None of the four can be made default. Thanks in Advance! ...