Opportunity Product Call Out

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a post call out on the opportunity
product page? The information I have researched so far doesn't mention it
being an entity that I can do that with.

Second part to this question is that if I can do this how will I get each
products value sent to me, is there a way to loop through the values sent to
me in the post call out.

If you can't tell I am new to this, I am not looking for code or anything as
I will figure it out, I just want to know if it can be done before spending
time trying to do it if it can't be done.

Thanks,
Brian
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes you can have callouts for opportunityproduct entity. The entry for
opportunityproduct in callout.config.xml would look like.

<callout entity="opportunityproduct" event="PreCreate">
<subscription assembly="<Custom callout assembly name>" class="<Custom
callout class name>"/>
</callout>

For more information on callouts refer CRM 3.0 SDK help. In the SDK help
navigate to the Server Programming Guide -> Business Logic Extensions
(Callouts) topic.

Within the custom callout assembly you could use CRM 3.0 SDK
RetrieveMultipleRequest API to retrieve other products associated with the
opportunity.

You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

"Brian" wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to do a post call out on the opportunity
> product page? The information I have researched so far doesn't mention it
> being an entity that I can do that with.
>
> Second part to this question is that if I can do this how will I get each
> products value sent to me, is there a way to loop through the values sent to
> me in the post call out.
>
> If you can't tell I am new to this, I am not looking for code or anything as
> I will figure it out, I just want to know if it can be done before spending
> time trying to do it if it can't be done.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
Hello
I'm in a similar situation. Has anyone a solution for doing this?

"Kalmadi Santhosh Rao [MSFT]" wrote:

> Yes you can have callouts for opportunityproduct entity. The entry for
> opportunityproduct in callout.config.xml would look like.
>
> <callout entity="opportunityproduct" event="PreCreate">
> <subscription assembly="<Custom callout assembly name>" class="<Custom
> callout class name>"/>
> </callout>
>
> For more information on callouts refer CRM 3.0 SDK help. In the SDK help
> navigate to the Server Programming Guide -> Business Logic Extensions
> (Callouts) topic.
>
> Within the custom callout assembly you could use CRM 3.0 SDK
> RetrieveMultipleRequest API to retrieve other products associated with the
> opportunity.

> You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
>

> "Brian" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to do a post call out on the opportunity
> > product page? The information I have researched so far doesn't mention it
> > being an entity that I can do that with.
> >
> > Second part to this question is that if I can do this how will I get each
> > products value sent to me, is there a way to loop through the values sent to
> > me in the post call out.
> >
> > If you can't tell I am new to this, I am not looking for code or anything as
> > I will figure it out, I just want to know if it can be done before spending
> > time trying to do it if it can't be done.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brian

Opportunity/Order Profitability
Any ideas on how to view the profitability of an order/opportunity/quote? Given the product database has costs & pricing rules against it and I imagine all the information exists to provide me with a "Deal Gross Profit" report but I've not seen any easy way to do this. Any suggestions please? Roger Roger, Our certified add-in can help. Experlogix Quick Quote Plus helps MS CRM users calculate gross profit on an opportunity, quote or order. It can also handle currency conversions, sales taxes and rapidly create multiple line items. To learn more, see www.experlogix.com...

recover a mail or several with only MS products
Hi Is it possible to recover a mail or a few mail to a single mailbox from tape with only MS products? I know the feature of retention time but if the mail is older than that. If not possible. What would be a great third part software for backing up and restoring mails, mailboxes and a complete disaster. TIA Tomppa On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:57:39 +0300, "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >Is it possible to recover a mail or a few mail to a single mailbox from tape >with only MS products? >I know the feature of retention time but if the ma...

Sum/Product/Average of a group of data
Hi. Does anyone know if there is a function which can do the following: - calculation (eg sum/product/average) of largest 6, for example, of the whole data - calculation (eg sum/product/average) of smallest 6, for example, of the whole data - calculation (eg sum/product/average) of a specific range (eg from 3th largest to 8th largest, from 3th smallest to 8th smallest) of the whole data ??? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP Hi, Try these: =SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,2,3,4,5,6})) =PRODUCT(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,2,3,4,5,6})) =AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,...

Trying to get the Phonecall ID during the onsave event of the phone call
var CallID = crmFormSubmit.crmFormSubmitId.value Hello all I tried to use this, but it does not seem to work for phone calls. Does anyone know how I can get at the ID of the phone call as I need to pass it through to a webservice to manipulate some other related entities. TIA Saira Hi, the ID of the entity instance is unknown until it is saved. Otherwise, crmForm.ObjectId should return you the ID of the phonecall. Hope this helps, Jevgenij "Saira" <Saira@nomail.5DFinance.com> wrote in message news:ey723eK%23IHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > var CallID = crmFo...

call center
What call center's manufactures have integration with Microsft CRM 3? Name them please Vlad, I would recomend Vonexus from sight only. They have some very cool integration peices and as a software based VOIP in your application I think this would be very powerful. Love to talk to you more about this. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "vlad" <vlad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3420679-B125-47A2-8124-A33E96B3DE71@microsoft.com... > What call center's manufactures have integration with Microsft CRM 3? Name > them please A lot depends on th...

One to many relationship with Invoice Product as parent #3
I need to create a one to many relationship in CRM 4.0 with the Invoice Product entity (invoicedetail) as the parent and a custom entity as the child. I see that the functionality to create this particular type of relationship has been disabled in the regular entity customization tools. Does anyone know of a supported (preferred of course) or unsupported way to create this relationship and display it in the usual manner on the Invoice Product and custom entity forms? Is there a reason that I should know about why CRM does not allow this type of relationship to be created? ...

Routing WCF Calls based on Body Element
Hi, I have a simple WCF Services that impelements some standard that uses SOAP 1.1 without WS-Addressing. Hence, I need to route messages based on the Body element of the message (by using the IDispatchOperationSelector). The 'datacontract' was generated by means of XSD.EXE. So I have to use the XmlSerializerFormatAttribute on the service definition. Last, the implementation required understanding of some custom SOAP headers. This all works fine... Except... There is one specific call defined by the standard that has NO body part. I need to route these calls as well...

Dial-tone Restore with Existing Production
We want to do a dial-tone but with a twist -- the Production (47 GB=combined edb and stm) is up and running and everyone sending/receiving ok, but got -1018 and defrag failed. So restoring backup to RSG now. Want to swap RSG with Production. (Both are on same drive/partition, swapping will take less time than restore direct to production w/o RSG.) Have done dial-tone with clean production before so familiar with process. 1. Any issues with log files or ? in this twist? Will run eseutil /mh on both before swapping and mounting. 2. Will .ost files have to be reset? As RSG will be restore...

Compatible Product
Hi, I am currently a Quicken user an have been with wuicken for over 8 years. I am really happy with it. Since I plan on moving to UK next year, I just found out that Intuit no longer have UK version of quicken. This is not forcing me to move to a different product. Are Money US and UK products compatible? I like to do online-banking extensivly so instead of just using a US version in UK, I rather have a version that can connect to banks etc. If Money is not the product I want, can anyone recommend the best product that people in UK use? Thanks. Like Quicken Money is heavily loca...

Utility Billing 3rd party products
I am looking for utility billing and customer service software for our water utility that would be integrated with Great Plains for both the financial series and the bank module. I would appreciate any information (good or bad) on available software. Thanks In article <A6A2A98D-1BBD-4A21-B963-5DBDA24B8755@microsoft.com>, Glynis@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I am looking for utility billing and customer service software for our water > utility that would be integrated with Great Plains for both the financial > series and the bank module. > > I would appreciate...

Help is needed in creating a special Order-Products Report
I am trying to create an order-products report through the CRM 4.0 report wizard that is intended to display a list of order-products grouped by the account and then by the order itself The filter will be: - The parent opportunity Potential Customer.Region/Country - The order close date - Order status=Fulfilled I am rather confused!! Any ideas on how to do that ?? I managed to get the report I want. Here are the report wizard parameters: Primary record type = Orders Related record type = Order Products (Order) Filter Criteria ---------------- Order.Status= Active;Fulfilled Customer(A...

Can I use Server 2008 product key for Multipoint Server 2010?
I downloaded a beta version of Multipoint Server 2010 from a download site. It installed without asking for a product key. It might expire itself in 60 days - I'm not sure. It's based on Server 2008 R2. A small note on my desktop just above the clock tells me that I have an evaluation copy of Server 2008 R2. I have a technet subscription that's going to expire in a month. Will my technet product keys work for this Multipoint / Server 2008 installation and turn it into a permanent install instead of evaluation copy? If not, how to I keep this install of Multipoin...

How to call a JS function on the form loading?
How to call the function validate() on the form loading? There is a form in which another program will fill some text boxes automatically. I need this JS function to test the value of text boxes and give user a alert if any text box is empty. <script type="text/javascript"> function validate() { var t1 = document.getElementById('<%=txtOrderProduct.ClientID%>'); var t2 = document.getElementById('<%=txtOrderBy.ClientID%>'); if(t1.value == "" && t2.value == "") { alert("Empty'); } }...

Product Bought
Hi All, our goal is to show, starting from a selected Account , the products bought from that account....so the product included in any stored order of the customer (so the Installed base). Starting from the Account Card Detail, we would like to add another button in the account Tool bar or in the Account Left Nav Bar (better this one) showing the installed base. Do have any idea or suggestion on how to do this ? is there something can be used or resused without coding ? Thx Gianluca without coding? hehe, impossible.... better look at the SDK and start coding away -Gary "Mr ...

Generate product codes on the fly using DMAX or Count.
Hello all, I'm trying to develop a product code generator for our stock database. The format of our product code will be as follows: AB-CC-DDDD-EE-FFF (all numerics) The numbers that make up A-E are all generated from values selected in various combo boxes on my product entry form. I've got these parts working fine and have created a form that generate a partial product code by concatenating all the requisite parts together. The problem I now have is that I want to automatically generate the last three digits (FFF) based on the number of records saved against AB-...

This action is only valid for products that are currently installed
I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. When ever I try to open a JPG attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed". I have tried "repairing" Office, and tried reinstalling the various filters and file formats, to no avail. Any ideas? -- Tim. Tim Munro <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Outlook 2003 doesn't have modes. > When ever I try to open a JPG > attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products > that are currently installed&...

ann: obama called rod blago the day before the 2008 election!
Inthephonecallhedemandedthatoneofhisseniorcampainstaffersbegivenhisussenateseat! You are really a douche bag FYI "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b0258c70-e5aa-4a78-95d3-064e7de416d3@5g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Inthephonecallhedemandedthatoneofhisseniorcampainstaffersbegivenhisussenateseat! "Mr Baracuda" <baracuda@slim.ws> wrote in message news:4bd2a8f3@news.x-privat.org... > You are really a douche bag FYI > HEY DOUCHE BAG, IT'S JUST FYI. NOT FYI. JUST FYI. JUST FYI. THE REASON ...

adding markup to purchase price in products
I have Money 2004 SBE, I was wondering if it is possible to change the way I add my products into my Products/Service list? Is there a way were I can say my markup is 20% and once I enter in the price I purchase the item it adjusts the price with the mark up for when I add the item to a invoice? Right now I have to figure it out manually and it is a pain in the butt. Also is there a way to view a report to see the total I purchase all my inventory campared to what I sell it for? Thank You Nathan ...

Automatically convert a Phone Call into Opportunity ?
I have a Phone Call Campaign Activity distributed to a Contact, I have added a customized field (Accept/Unaccept) in the Phone Call. The normal crm operation flow is that the users choose "accepted" in the picklist and then save the Phone Call, after that they need to convert the phone call into Opportunity. However, the user want to bypass the 'step' to click the "Convert to Opportunity" button. What the users required is that when they SAVE the phone call whenever the picklist value is ACCEPT. The system will automatically convert the phone call into op...

student edition product key problems
Hiya Bought Office:mac 2004 and have only been able to use it on one computer, tried to put it on a second one using the second product key and when I tried to use it it said I had installed on too many computers and would not let me use it. This also happened with the third product key, saying I had exceeded my licence agreement. I haven't, it is currently only on one computer. How do I go about installing it on the 2 other computers I am supposed to be able to use?? Thanks. In article <b82fa37f.0409040241.10a1809d@posting.google.com>, bubjub@hotmail.com (jubba) wrote: > Bough...

win CE6.0 's KernelIoControl calling in VC program
Hi, My system is ARM9 + CE6.0. Some KernelIOControl are developed with my BSP, and they can be called correctly in drivers. But these KernelIoControl return FALSE when called in subprojects or VC prgram. Thanks for any suggestions. The Same KernelIOControl APIs work fine in CE5.0 based system. The following are the code in VC #define IOCTL_KLIB_USER 256 // where OEM defined IOCTL starts. #define HAL_EM9XXX_BUILT_STAMP_READ 117 #define IOCTL_EM9XXX_BUILT_STAMP_READ CTL_CODE(FILE_DEVICE_HAL, IOCTL_KLIB_USER + HAL_EM9XXX_BUILT_STAMP_READ, METHOD_BUFF...

Need help: Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml' after simple SDK call.
I am exploring the CRM SDK (1.2) (on MS CRM v1.2) and tried a very basic operation, which I copied from Microsoft's samples. The following piece of code throws an exception: string server = "server2"; string virtualdir = "mscrmservices"; string url = "http://"+server+"/"+virtualdir+"/"; Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = new Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser (); bizUser.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; bizUser.Url = url + "BizUser.srf"; Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CUserAuth userAuth ...

Writn-in products in opportunity
opportunity product form gives me "Product Overriden" boolean field. as per SDK, if we choose, YES then it allow us to enter WRITE-IN product for opportunity. But it does not happen like this. Whether we select YES or NO, it always prompt for Product information from Product Catalog and Unit information. How do i achieve the required functionality? Is there a FIX available for this problem? ...

Calling mangled c++ function from non-mangled C++ function
Hi, I am writing a dll for C# application. My dll functions calls third party dll in which some functions are mangled and some non-mangled fucntions. But when I crate my dll with namespace mangling disable I got the linked error' Unresolved external symbols' for the functions which are mangled in thrid party dll. I know what's the issue. But If I eable the namespace mangling, it works fine. All these i know very well. So my question Is it possible to call a namespace mangled function from a dll in which namespace mangling is disabled? Any comment wuld be appreciated.... ...

how to find product key for publisher 2007
I lost my box and do not know how to find my product key. I registered my program but now need to load on my laptop. Run the Belarc Adviser on the computer with the product key. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "fibresbuyer" <fibresbuyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5EB6F9D-F09D-484F-BAA0-9CD5BC5B2A16@microsoft.com... >I lost my box and do not know how to find my product key. I registered my > program but now need to load on my laptop. ...