Opportunity needs to display Account and Contact - Help!

We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales.  There are
multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the
contact person.  However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities, it
just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is
associated with.  We need to have the company name on the account also
displayed.  Any ideas how to do that?

I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the opportunity
and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data type
that cannot be added (Lookup).  Any other ideas, absent a bunch of custom
programming - I am not a programmer (yet...)  Thanks!!!!!

Brent Bassett
Center for Computer Resources

0
Brent
11/2/2004 7:37:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm afraid programming is your only solution.  There is no support for what you
want to achieve, so you'd have to develop some code to simulate that data.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:37:09 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com> wrote:

We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales.  There are
multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the
contact person.  However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities, it
just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is
associated with.  We need to have the company name on the account also
displayed.  Any ideas how to do that?

I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the opportunity
and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data type
that cannot be added (Lookup).  Any other ideas, absent a bunch of custom
programming - I am not a programmer (yet...)  Thanks!!!!!

Brent Bassett
Center for Computer Resources

0
Matt
11/2/2004 10:29:58 PM
Thanks Matt, I was afraid of that.  Maybe I can create a company field in
Contact and map the account name from Account to that field, and then have
that map when an opportunity is created?  Not perfect but that might
work...?

Brent

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm afraid programming is your only solution.  There is no support for
what you
> want to achieve, so you'd have to develop some code to simulate that data.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:37:09 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com>
wrote:

> We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales.  There are
> multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the
> contact person.  However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities, it
> just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is
> associated with.  We need to have the company name on the account also
> displayed.  Any ideas how to do that?
>
> I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the
opportunity
> and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data type
> that cannot be added (Lookup).  Any other ideas, absent a bunch of custom
> programming - I am not a programmer (yet...)  Thanks!!!!!
>
> Brent Bassett
> Center for Computer Resources

0
Brent
11/3/2004 7:42:40 PM
No, afraid it won't.  Only 1 Map will be used when a record is created and in
this case, it will be the Contact -> Opportunity map.  So the Account name field
isn't available to you at that time.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:42:40 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com> wrote:

Thanks Matt, I was afraid of that.  Maybe I can create a company field in
Contact and map the account name from Account to that field, and then have
that map when an opportunity is created?  Not perfect but that might
work...?

Brent

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm afraid programming is your only solution.  There is no support for
what you
> want to achieve, so you'd have to develop some code to simulate that data.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:37:09 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com>
wrote:

> We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales.  There are
> multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the
> contact person.  However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities, it
> just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is
> associated with.  We need to have the company name on the account also
> displayed.  Any ideas how to do that?
>
> I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the
opportunity
> and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data type
> that cannot be added (Lookup).  Any other ideas, absent a bunch of custom
> programming - I am not a programmer (yet...)  Thanks!!!!!
>
> Brent Bassett
> Center for Computer Resources

0
Matt
11/3/2004 10:47:05 PM
True - but if I mapped Account Name (Name in the schema) to a custom field
in Contact object, I could then map that to the opportunity.  Issue though -
name is mapped to a field called accountidname...but I can't find that field
in the Contact object.  Any ideas what that is and if I even need that
mapping?  Thanks!

> No, afraid it won't.  Only 1 Map will be used when a record is created and
in
> this case, it will be the Contact -> Opportunity map.  So the Account name
field
> isn't available to you at that time.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:42:40 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Matt, I was afraid of that.  Maybe I can create a company field in
> Contact and map the account name from Account to that field, and then have
> that map when an opportunity is created?  Not perfect but that might
> work...?
>
> Brent
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm afraid programming is your only solution.  There is no support for
> what you
> > want to achieve, so you'd have to develop some code to simulate that
data.

> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:37:09 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales.  There are
> > multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the
> > contact person.  However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities,
it
> > just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is
> > associated with.  We need to have the company name on the account also
> > displayed.  Any ideas how to do that?
> >
> > I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the
> opportunity
> > and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data
type
> > that cannot be added (Lookup).  Any other ideas, absent a bunch of
custom
> > programming - I am not a programmer (yet...)  Thanks!!!!!
> >
> > Brent Bassett
> > Center for Computer Resources

0
Brent
11/10/2004 10:03:56 PM
Yes, you could do this, but the value in the custom name field would never get
updated if you change the assicated Account's name or if you don't create the
contact "from" the Account.  There are ways around this by writing a
post-callout to cascade the update to the associated Contacts if you want.

The accountidname is a generated attriute that gets set when you query from the
contact object.  It brings the name  from the Associated Account back i nthis
field.  I would not remove it from the map, even though I don't think it would
hurt anything.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:03:56 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com> wrote:

True - but if I mapped Account Name (Name in the schema) to a custom field
in Contact object, I could then map that to the opportunity.  Issue though -
name is mapped to a field called accountidname...but I can't find that field
in the Contact object.  Any ideas what that is and if I even need that
mapping?  Thanks!

Brent
"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> No, afraid it won't.  Only 1 Map will be used when a record is created and
in
> this case, it will be the Contact -> Opportunity map.  So the Account name
field
> isn't available to you at that time.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:42:40 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Matt, I was afraid of that.  Maybe I can create a company field in
> Contact and map the account name from Account to that field, and then have
> that map when an opportunity is created?  Not perfect but that might
> work...?
>
> Brent
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm afraid programming is your only solution.  There is no support for
> what you
> > want to achieve, so you'd have to develop some code to simulate that
data.

> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:37:09 -0500, "Brent Bassett" <brentb@ccr1.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > We are using opportunities to track our forecasted sales.  There are
> > multiple contacts with an account, so Opportunities are linked to the
> > contact person.  However, when viewed from a list of all opportunities,
it
> > just diplays the Contact Name - not the underlying acount the contact is
> > associated with.  We need to have the company name on the account also
> > displayed.  Any ideas how to do that?
> >
> > I thought about mapping accountid on the contact records to the
> opportunity
> > and then displaying that field...but it is a system field with a data
type
> > that cannot be added (Lookup).  Any other ideas, absent a bunch of
custom
> > programming - I am not a programmer (yet...)  Thanks!!!!!
> >
> > Brent Bassett
> > Center for Computer Resources

0
Matt

Need help with Formula #8
Hi people, i am having a little trouble with a formula that i am trying to use and would appreciate any help. I am trying to divide a particular cell by 30 to get daily dollar average. In the cell that i would like the average to appear in, i used the following formula... "=(D25/30)" My problem is two fold: 1. The result it is giving me, is not being expressed as a dollar amount; for instance, i need the result to display as $128.80, instead it is being displayed as "128.80". 2. It is not rounding up to a traditional dollar amount, instead it is giving me a number ...

using excel as a database for movies and cd collection help
hi, ive been using excel to maintain a list for my cd's and moves etc just wanted to make it more functional but as im a noob im not sure what i can do, as it stands i have a workbook with a sheet for each catagory cd's movies tv shows etc, with a cell comment giving details of the item like the list of episode titles in a tv series. im using ctrl + f to search and using a red cell for stuff ive lent to friends, i would really like to enhance this workbook maybe add a stats page, see if there is some way to list the number of red cells etc, improve the searching, count the no. o...

Need help for Outlook 2002 -can not write or print email in color
I am using Word as email editor and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in color need advice color changes do not "stay" ARe you using HTML as the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, elliotsh asked: | I am using Word as email editor | and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in | color | need advice | color changes do not "sta...

Help with a range formula
Hello, In my spreadsheet I have a percent listed in C20 (206%), this is the salespersons percent to quota. Below I have a chart that breaks down the salespersons payout based on that percent Sales Bonus Schedule: Percent to Quota Bonus N1 10-19% N2 $125 O1 20-39% O2 $500 P1 40-99% P2 $1,500 Q1 100-199% Q2 $2,000 R1 200-400% R2 $5,000 S1 401% and above S2 $10,000 In D20 I would like to return the amount of the bonus based on the percen...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

Marketing Member
Hi all, We are trying to more efficiently add marketing list members. When accessing the manage members option, the default system look up view provided for contacts includes both active and inactive contacts. We can't easily identify the active only contacts. Is there a way to modify the lookup view to include only active members? Thanks in advance for your help. David Hi David, Yes, there is check out following; http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/filter-data-in-crm-lookup-field.html -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. ...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

Parsing excel field help !
Does any know how can I check all the characters of a field and check that there is not an alphanumeric character (a-z) and if there is one changing to zero. Ex. 5J00 = would like to change it to 5000. 20A5 = would like to change it to 2005. Thank you. Luis try Sub changecharactertozero() For Each c In Selection For i = 1 To Len(c) If Not IsNumeric(Mid(c, i, 1)) Then c.Replace Mid(c, i, 1), "0" Next i Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <luis.a.roman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170511995.662504.85390@q2g2000cwa.googl...

CRM Accounts (Parent
In CRM it is normal that we can view all accounts at one time and also contacts(parent + child). My question is, how can we manage to hide all child acounts under the parent account for ex. Microsoft main parent account then Microsoft have two child account like Windows and Office and Windos has two more child like Server and Clint and Office have also one child like MSWorld. I want to see only Microsoft at top then when user click the Microsoft and enter it then he will able to see Windows and Office and when enter in Windows then able to see Server and Client. In normal configrati...

Broken lines in a chart to display extreme values?
Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too small, like a bar chart of the values (10000, 4, 3, 2, 4, 5). The way to avoid is to use broken lines where the axis makes a leap from 10 to 9990 with a dotted gap inbetween. I couldn't find a way to implement this in Excel. Is there a way? Hi, It is not a built in option but can be constructed. http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy Metin Örsel wrote: > Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too > small, like a bar chart of the values (10000,...

outlook calendar and contact sync
My home pc has outlook 2003. It has a default email account (A) and an IMAP email account (B) connect to my company's exchange server. 1. For IMAP account (B), Calendar and Contact folders are appeared as normal email folder. Each item appears as a normal email. This is unusable. For example, for calendar, only showing past events, for contact, I can't see detailed info. How can I change them to Calendar/Contact view? 2. How can I set up a sync of Calendar/contact between email account (A) and (B)? Thanks very much. chitrader <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

401 woksheet Help
Hi, I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15. 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401 worksheet. 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at HQ and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu. After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without errors. It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading global customers from HQ Any clues? Regards Dan ------=_NextPart_0001_1FFE6FA5 Content-Type: text/pla...

Save a CBitmap to disk, possible?? pleeze help!
i dont know how to do this!!! i know i can attach it to a CImage and then save it, but is it also possible in another way?? thanx ! I don't believe that a CBitmap is actually connected to any bitmap really. If you were to serialize it, you'd just end up with a couple of member variables and maybe a pointer to where the data was at one time. I think what you need to do is call the GetBitmapBits function and save all of that data, then upon restore recreate the CBitmap with SetBitmapBits. >-----Original Message----- >i dont know how to do this!!! >i know i can attach...

Need help in customizing a sales report including
Anyone know how I can make a sales report that contains a sales reps sales within a given time frame, including item price, with tax if any, and tender type (basically the entire sale rung up). I am trying to run a report that shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash, etc. Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed to do so. Jack, Are you asking for 2 reports or a single one? The second, how much for each tender types, you have already have, if you separate out your credit card tenders. A tender for MC, a separate for VIS...

Unable to display the folder. (Additional mailbox)
We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to add User Y's mailbox to User X's Outlook under Exchange (open these additional mailboxes). No matter what, I keep getting a gray screen when clicking on the Mailbox in user's Folder List with the following error message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I have made sure of the following: 1. User Y has given User X delegate privleges for Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Notes. All privileges are set to Editor. 2. I have...

Changing account associated with mailbox?
The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd sooner not have them associated with. Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconnect the mailbox, then use the cleanup agent to reconnect the mailbox to a new AD account? I'd like to be sure I'm doing it the best/right way. cheers, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:54:34 +0000, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd >sooner not have them associated with. > >Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconne...

Help with column
I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday i need to format one column of around 1000 rows so it multiples the total column but a 1000 so getting rid of the decimal point i.e =A3100.00 becoming 10000 , i also need to do this using a macro. can anyone help=20 Regards=20 Paul Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow Cells(i, "A").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value * 100 Next i -- HTH Bob Phillips "lennymos123" <paul@palo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1115651206....

"Sub Account" help
I think a similar situation was covered in another post, but I must be missing something. I'm new to Money, so I apologize if this was covered elsewhere. I "accrue" funds in my checking account for things such as property tax and other items that I only pay once or twice a year. The accrued portion also includes a reserve for emergencies. I keep a separate running balance for the accrued items, so my checking account register only shows the amount I have available for other spending. In other words, my actual balance is the "accrued" portion plus the "ot...

Excel / VBA
Hi, I am trying to find how to add or remove the description displayed on the "Macro" pop-up menu (Alt-F8). Generally macros recorded have a banale description giving the time/date & username, others that I write directly in the VBE have none. Can anyone point how to add/modify this description? thanks, Scott --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Scott, When the macro recorder fires up, the first dialog allows you to put whatever description you want in, including none if so desired. The value gets saved as comments, but changing the comments does not chang...

1 problem req help
Is there a way to set up Excel to save itself like every 15 minutes or so? Try Tools > Options > Save > Settings (Save auto recovery for every 15 min) ===== * ===== * ===== * ===== Daniel CHEN UDQServices@Gmail.com www.Geocities.com/UDQServices >Free Data Processing Add-in< ===== * ===== * ===== * ===== "SchubieDo" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message news:6jh991lbrm4brv2ug92q9342pj9do98fjp@4ax.com... > Is there a way to set up Excel to save itself like every 15 minutes or so? When posting please use your full name (first and last) even and be ...

Add attribute for Competitor related to an Opportunity
I’d like to add a custom field attribute for the Competitor entity that is used when relating it to the Opportunity. This field would be “$” value field that is used for recording a Competitor’s price for a specific Opportunity. Here’s an example of how it would be used: Opportunity A has two competitors associated with it. Each competitor would need to have a price field that would show how much they charge for this related opportunity: Competitor 1- Price = $200 Competitor 2- Price = $350 Opportunity B also has two of the same competitors but they have a price that is related for thi...

Help! #5
How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without setting the autofilter for all the columns? Any help much apreciated. Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter. Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not included in autofilter wil also be hidden. (please excuse my hefty english) -- AP "Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without > setting the autofilt...

help balancing account
I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about balancing accounts in MS Money 2004. To get started I downloaded several ofx files from my bank and imported them. I marked all the transactions as reconciled and tried to balance the account. My statements show a starting and ending date and a beginning and ending balance. I have tried entering a statement starting date for "Statement date:" and the starting and ending balance from that statment. The result I get is: "Money has calculeated a different starting balance than the one you entered." Why is it asking me for...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

Tie Contact address to Send From address?
Hi, Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook) Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address? In my contacts, there are people I want to ensure I only send from one email address, which isn't the default address. I thought about using a second client, but I like to keep all email in one client. If I can't do this in Express, but can in Outlook, then I'll migrate to Outlook. Thanks, Andrew "narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1B4C7A-9849-4AD6-9630-87ED2F418C2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Ou...