Opportunities & Opportunity Products 12-02-05

Two Questions:

Is there a way in CRM to copy an Opportunity from one Account to another?
If not, is there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?

Is there a way in CRM to select and add multiple products to an Opportunity
instead of selecting them from the price list one at a time?  If not, is
there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

While these features do not exist there are many ISV's on this group who
could write them for you at a price..

Its all down to how much these features are worth to you

=========================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx

"Donna Edwards" <DonnaEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for responding Matt, even if it was not the answer I hoped for :)
>
> Donna
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> To the best of my knowledge the answer to all 4 questions is "No".
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Donna Edwards" <DonnaEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Two Questions:
>>
>> Is there a way in CRM to copy an Opportunity from one Account to another?
>> If not, is there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?
>>
>> Is there a way in CRM to select and add multiple products to an
>> Opportunity
>> instead of selecting them from the price list one at a time?  If not, is
>> there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?

0
John
12/2/2005 6:46:48 PM
To the best of my knowledge the answer to all 4 questions is "No".

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Donna Edwards" <DonnaEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Two Questions:

Is there a way in CRM to copy an Opportunity from one Account to another?
If not, is there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?

Is there a way in CRM to select and add multiple products to an Opportunity
instead of selecting them from the price list one at a time?  If not, is
there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?

0
Matt
12/2/2005 10:38:05 PM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge the answer to all 4 questions is "No".
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Donna Edwards" <DonnaEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Two Questions:
>
> Is there a way in CRM to copy an Opportunity from one Account to another?
> If not, is there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?
>
> Is there a way in CRM to select and add multiple products to an Opportunity
> instead of selecting them from the price list one at a time?  If not, is
> there a third-party add-on that provides this ability?

Hello Donna,

Our certified add-in enables you to quickly point & click from one
"catalog-style" screen to add multiple products to an opportunity -
plus much more. If you'd like a quick demo, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff Holway
805-504-9729 x707
www.experlogix.com

0
Jeff

Julian date 02-26-08
Can you create a pop up calendar that shows both the Julian and Gregorian date in the same day box? This newsgroup supports the use of Microsoft Access, the relational database application. Is your question about MS Access? (by the way, I believe there may be more than one version of "Julian" dates .... how are you defining this term?) Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779FF63A-BF4F-4584-A160-2662A7A811DE@microsoft.com... > Can you create a pop up calendar that shows both the J...

Add remark to listed values of fields on report 05-24-07
I made a report with 6 subreports on it to show the total count of the variable values of 6 fields in a table. It's briefly illustrated as follows: Total No. of participant: 50 (Records in the table) Occupation Category: ( a Field in the table) Education 15 Medical 23 Business 12 Registration: ( a Field in the table) Email 18 Phone 12 Other 20 My boss wanted me to include a remark next to the count for the listed value of ea...

Out of Office #12
Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked everywhere! Goto Tools -> then select Out of Office Assistant. >-----Original Message----- >Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked >everywhere! >. > Alex <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked > everywhere! The Out of Office Assistant is available only if you receive messages via Exchange. You can use a rule to approximate it otherwise. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS ...

Incoming email 01-12-06
We appear to have an intermittent issue with incoming email. Most (90%) replies to outgoing email are trapped by the CRM and correctly associated with a record. However some incoming mail just does not appear in CRM even though it appears to have the CRM GUID in the subject field (its identical to the outgoing mail). Any idea why this could happen ? Thanks Ian I should add that we are using 1.2 (planning to upgrade next month) and we are not using SFO - just CRM Web. "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message news:eibWDV5FGHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Converting Opportunity to Account

Entourage calendar 12-22-09
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I tried the trial version of mobile me to sync with my iPhone. I wound up with numerous duplicate contacts and calendar events on my iPhone and numerous duplicate calendar events in Entourage on my macbook. I have canceled mobile me and now want to delete the multiple events. Is there a way i can accomplish this without having to delete them one at a time? See the answer from Bill Smith below regarding a similar problem I had. <br><br>&#09;Re: Deleting multiple calendar eve...

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

Multiple Entries of the same product in POS
Does anyone know if the following is possible. When you scan an item twice in a transaction it appears as 2 separate lines on the grid and on the receipt - is there anyway to roll these up into 1 line with a quantity of 2 tks i dont know if ms pos would do it sutomatically oir not but if i remember correctly you have to type 2 * ( scan product ) that would put 2 same items on one line and times it by two. "Emer" wrote: > Does anyone know if the following is possible. > > When you scan an item twice in a transaction it appears as 2 separate lines > on the grid a...

File .mkv with WMP 12 in Windows 7
Hi, I can't open files in HD mkv (720p) with Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7. I installed the latest codec pack (K-Lite Full 5.5.3) it worked in Vista just a week ago and now the same files can't be opened in Windows 7. Strange thing is that it perfectly open .TS file in 1080p.. i can't understand.. Can Someone Help me? Thanks On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:21:02 -0800, Francesco <Francesco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't open files in HD mkv (720p) with Windows Media Player 12 in = Windows 7. > I installed the latest codec pack (K-Lite Ful...

Setting up Units & Products
Does anyone have suggestions for setting up products such as user licenses that are monthly fees? ...

one advantage to '05
You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall being able to do that in the past with '04. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL See the following link though for some problems observed while working during an online update. http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm Have you experienced any of this Chris? Regards, JB >-----Original Message----- >You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, >even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall...

Combo Box Question 05-23-07
I have a combo box on my form (Form1) that lets users select an employee from the pull down list. Sometimes employees will be put on the inactive list but may have already been chosen on a record via Form1. What I want to know is if it's possible to keep that inactive employee stored in this table but have it removed from the combo box so they can't be selected again. I have another form that I use to trigger this inactive state. How can this work? i'm no expert, but achieved something like this by redefining the combo's rowsource in the on current event of the form so...

if function 12-14-09
if I have 500 rows and several col and lets say col B is office cities IE Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston and the col F has sales totals Is there a way I can subtotal the col f in setter work sheet IE if col b = Dallas, subtotal everthing that = dallas by col F You want a Pivot Table. You'll love them once you get used to them. Google pivot tables for more information. Regards, Fred "Dylan lotz" <Dylan lotz @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFDEAF5E-B191-45EC-8569-634F92552859@microsoft.com... > if I have 500 rows and ...

SUBDATASHEETS 03-05-08
I have got two tables which are related. The first has is an Orders Table. The second, an Orders Detail Table. Can I create a select query showing me the Orders which have no link to Order Details. Basically Orders with no detail. Thanks Geeves1293 When you create a new query, the first dialog gives you the choice of: Unmatched Query Wizard Use the Wiz. to create the query for you. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "geeves1293" &...

Dr Wilbers Montgomery 05/21/2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CAFB6E.DEB1D090 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying different types of places to send thru. If this doesn't come thru I will call KTIS tomorrow and have them help me. I have been having a problem with them too... Sorry it's taking so long. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01CAFB6E.DEB1D090 Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document; name="may21201...

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error 05-18-06
Server Errorin '/' Application Exception from HRESULT: 0X80048306 Describtion: An unhandled exception occured duting the execution of the current request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception details: System.Runtime.interopServices.COMException:Exception from HRESULT:0x80048306 Source error: An unhandled exception was gererated during the execution of the current web reguest. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be using the exception stack below. Stack Trace: [COMException...

View to list Products for the Opportunity that are WON
Hi Want to show list of all the Products (Opportunity Products) for the Opportunities that are closed and WON. How to retrive the records checking both the Opportunities and Opportunity Products tables. Two ways you can do this: custom .aspx page that queries the Opportunity table and the Products table, or buy crystal reports 9.2.2 (for CRM v1.2) and build a custom report. -- Matt Wittemann "Devi" wrote: > Hi > > Want to show list of all the Products (Opportunity Products) for the Opportunities that are closed and WON. How to retrive the records checking both the ...

Indexing Service 02-08-05
I just tried to install CRM sales for outlook on a co- workers computer and I saw a note that I haven't seen before when installing it on other computers. It said that we needed indexing service. What is this, why do we need it, and how do I get it? Please advise. Hi Dave, Indexing service is stopped by default. Before you'll be able to install the Sales for Oultook client go into 'Administrative Tools' and then 'Services' on the computer you're trying to install it on. Scrole down the list of services until you see 'Indexing'. Double click on it ...

No APS running at port 6400 09-02-04
Does anyone know why I would get the above message after installing Crystal 9.2.2? thanks Have you installed Crystal 9.2.2 on the CRM Server? <bmiller@fortrustsolutions.com> wrote in message news:533101c4912a$4c428ba0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why I would get the above message after > installing Crystal 9.2.2? > thanks Yes I did. But then I realized that it was a mistake. I have uninstalled Crystal from the server and installed 9.2.2 on my desktop. I then installed the CRM Crystal reports enhancement. Then I open CR and then "File", "Op...

Way to look at % complete of predecessors 03-12-10
I wonder if you can help me…. Say you have a long plan and for instance, task 640 has 10 predecessors scattered throughout the plan. How do you efficiently look at the % complete of each single predecessor both on screen and on hard copy? I guess online you could always CTRL F the predecessors, (although I would prefer not to) but on hard copy shuffling through the pages becomes quite cumbersome. Any ideas, please? Many thanks J In article <4F3B3C74-C2A7-4E9A-AFFD-BC31B0533B54@microsoft.com>, jackie <jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder...

Filecopy 05-16-10
Hi, Using the following code in Access 2003 with windows XP: line 1 start = now line 2 filecopy a, b line 3 end = now Can I be sure that line 3 will only execute AFTER the filecopy in line 2 is finished ? If this is the case then end - start = time needed for filecopy ? If this is not the case, how can I be sure that line 3 will only be executed AFTER filecopy in line 2 is finished ? Thanks. On Sun, 16 May 2010 12:54:01 -0700, Rubens <Rubens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Try it with a really big file, and post back with your answer. Thanks,...

Outlook error message 05-31-10
Everytime I open Microsoft Office Outlook I get the message .....The add-in "C\Program Files\McAfee\Virus Scan Enterprise\Scanotlk.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.........However, using Detect and Repair does nothing. Very annoying. Can anyone offer help? .....Thanks lgw wrote: > Everytime I open Microsoft Office Outlook I get the message .....The add-in > "C\Program Files\McAfee\Virus Scan Enterprise\Scanotlk.dll" could not be > installed or loaded. This problem may be...

Is there a product that allows multicurrency credit limits?
Good afternoon all, We have several customers who we deal with in a currency other than our functional currency. As such, their credit limits should be in their home currency, not our functional currency. Has anyone done a modification (or is there a 3rd party product) that would allow for this? Thanks, Rod ...

Adding to the TO DO BAR 12-14-09
I am trying to add my Managers To Do's/Tasks to my To Do Bar. Is this possible.? No, its not possible. The To-do bar only supports your default calendar and tasks folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.sli...