One user Can't open attachements....?

I have one user that when he tries to open an attachment stored in a
Note,,,he get's an error that says the file can't be found. He can
"save" and then open ....other users can open no problem right from the
link (vs having to save to desktop).

This happens with pdfs, word docs, excel, etc.....

I've seen this before and I can't remember the deal....I'm thinking it
is an IE setting/issue....anyone have any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

0
Skip12
6/20/2006 9:28:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

anyone have any thoughts on this????

Appreicate any ideas.

Thanks

Skip12 wrote:
> I have one user that when he tries to open an attachment stored in a
> Note,,,he get's an error that says the file can't be found. He can
> "save" and then open ....other users can open no problem right from the
> link (vs having to save to desktop).
>
> This happens with pdfs, word docs, excel, etc.....
>
> I've seen this before and I can't remember the deal....I'm thinking it
> is an IE setting/issue....anyone have any thoughts?
>
> Much appreciated.

0
Skip12
6/21/2006 8:52:59 PM
Anyone??????  Anything????

Skip12 wrote:
> anyone have any thoughts on this????
>
> Appreicate any ideas.
>
> Thanks
>

> Skip12 wrote:
> > I have one user that when he tries to open an attachment stored in a
> > Note,,,he get's an error that says the file can't be found. He can
> > "save" and then open ....other users can open no problem right from the
> > link (vs having to save to desktop).
> >
> > This happens with pdfs, word docs, excel, etc.....
> >
> > I've seen this before and I can't remember the deal....I'm thinking it
> > is an IE setting/issue....anyone have any thoughts?
> >
> > Much appreciated.

0
Skip12

i want to compress photos in attachment
i want to compress photos in attachment pl. give me some sol. regards www.irfranview.com "compress photos in attachment" <compress photos in attachment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:738E96D6-F0E2-4FFF-8570-6A8F00E492D1@microsoft.com... :i want to compress photos in attachment : : pl. give me some sol. : : regards On Apr 22, 7:50=A0am, compress photos in attachment <compress photos in attachm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to compress photos in attachment > > pl. give me some sol. > > regards...

if cell is text move left one column

Outlook 2000 not opening.

users with restricted access

Office 2007 forms

SBS 2003 moving of users files

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

Attachments #99
I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do I change the settings so that I can just open the attachments without saving them first? Justine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do > I change the settings so that I can just open the > attachments without saving them first? What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman When I try to open an attachment there is a pop up and it only gives me the option of saving the attachment. >-----Original Message----- >Justine <anonymous@discussions.m...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Outlook 2000 slow to attach files
I am running Outlook 2000 with XP, and when I go to attach a file on the network, it is extremely slow. However, when I go to the same file through Windows Explorer, it is very quick. Does anyone know what this problem might be or how to fix it? ...

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...