One-to-many relationship/mapping in CRM 1.2

Hello,
I have a CRM 1.2 deployment (soon to be v 3.0) that I need to update with
some custom fields. I have these two fields in "Opportunity" that pull from
the same "Account" field (accountid). I cannot seem to be able to pick the
accountid field for a second mapping. Does that mean 1:M mapping is not
available in version 1.2, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Nayden
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The mapping feature does not allow the same source field to populate
multiple fields on the destination.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Nayden" <Nayden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hello,
I have a CRM 1.2 deployment (soon to be v 3.0) that I need to update with
some custom fields. I have these two fields in "Opportunity" that pull from
the same "Account" field (accountid). I cannot seem to be able to pick the
accountid field for a second mapping. Does that mean 1:M mapping is not
available in version 1.2, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Nayden

0
Matt
1/11/2006 3:52:27 PM
Thanks Matt! One more question - is this limited to CRM 1.2 or is the same
restriction/limitation in effect in version 3.0?

Thanks,

Nayden

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> The mapping feature does not allow the same source field to populate
> multiple fields on the destination.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Nayden" <Nayden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a CRM 1.2 deployment (soon to be v 3.0) that I need to update with
> some custom fields. I have these two fields in "Opportunity" that pull from
> the same "Account" field (accountid). I cannot seem to be able to pick the
> accountid field for a second mapping. Does that mean 1:M mapping is not
> available in version 1.2, or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nayden

Changes of OU the CRM 3
I need change of OU the CRM 3 in the Server, but the CRM 3 is installed, i need konw: how i can make this change without uninstall the CRM? I don't recall off-hand if there are any OU paths stored in the registry, but you might want to check that before doing anything. If not, moving the OU in AD might be enough. If there are, you would need to update those references to the new AD path. However, this is most likely "unsupported" so make sure you have a good AD backup and SQL backup before proceeding. You may also want ot run this by support to see if they have publishe...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

I can't back space more than one character or repeat a character,
I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes stopped. I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space without the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens in all typing situations, including here. You've probably enabled FilterKeys, one of the Accessibility Options. You can turn it off in Windows Control Panel and at the same time disable the shortcut key that you pressed to enable it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft M...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

Migration, mailbox now mapped to a different user account
I recently migrated from an old Exchange 2000 server to a new Exchange 2003 server. All Pub folders, etc. have replicated successfully and all mailboxes were moved successfully. However, I have a single user that is now have the following problem...whenhe sends an email, it is showing up as "a_different_user" on behalf of this user. When you reply to an email from him, he does not receive the reply as it goes to the other user. Disabling "the_different_user" stops him from sending/receiving mail altogether. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Check his Out...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

Training registration: how to pick multiple entries for one course
A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change. Thank you in advance for your help, Dawn -- Dawn Bjork Buzbee On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:05:00 -0700, Dawn Bjork Buzbee <DawnBjorkBuzbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a >training class. Now, we want to allow for multip...

Can't open many XLS files at once
I have Excel 2000 and Win XP pro. I used to be able to highlight many XLS files in Explorer, right click, choose open and all the highlighted files would open in Excel with the different xls files on my task bar. I can still do this on my W98 computer, but I can only open one file at a time on my Win XP computer. If I double click on a 2nd XLS file the 2nd XLS file opens and the first file closes. I tried the run excel.exe /regserv fix but this did not solve the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this for Win XP? Thanks Dennis Hi maybe: Tools - Options - General and uncheck 'Ig...

Removing the (1) figure before phone numbers
How can I delete the (1) figure in front of some of my phone numbers? -- phildee Delete it. Was there more to your question that you did not post? -- Russ Valentine "Phil Dee" <PhilDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:299FB137-E06E-43A8-825F-498EF923BB30@microsoft.com... > How can I delete the (1) figure in front of some of my phone numbers? > -- > phildee ...

Changed relationship; records no longer linked
I have a Corporates table holding details of company customers. I have a CorpContacts table holding details of our contact persons at those companies. Originally I had a relationship (one to many) between Corporates.CorpName and CorpContacts.CorpName. I had a Corporates form which contained a CorpContacts subform displaying the contact persons' details. All working fine. But if we updated the name of the company i.e. Corporates.CorpName, the link was lost and the contact persons were no longer displayed. So I introduced new fields in each table ("CorpID"), i.e. some...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Too many decimals
Hi, I have following formula: Me!BMI.Value = gewicht / (lengte * lengte) * 10000 this returns a valu with 5 decimals... How can I show onlu 1 decimal? Thanks You can use the Round function and specify in the end how many decimals you want (Round([Value],1) Me!BMI.Value = Round(gewicht / (lengte * lengte) * 10000,1) -- Good Luck BS"D "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I have following formula: > > Me!BMI.Value = gewicht / (lengte * lengte) * 10000 > > this returns a valu with 5 decimals... > How can I show onlu 1 decimal? > > Thanks >...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

how do i delete everything after a particular character, after each such character? #2
thank you, everyone, for your great suggestions. i tried paul corrado's very simple solution below: Find What: enter " - *" (without the ""s) Replace With: enter " -" (if you still want the dash otherwise leav that field blank) that worked great except that many of the lines that continued onto second line were unaffected and need to be deleted. fortunately tha data that needs to be kept has an asterisk and some spaces in front o it (i.e., "* ") so perhaps there's some way to have excel chec each cell for the existence of this text and,...

Email Addresses #2
When I type in the first few letters of an email address a drop down apears with four or five email address. They are all for the same person, but only 1 is correct. How do I get rid of the incorrect email address? I have gone to the custom dicsonary in outlook and erased the wrong one there, but not all of them are there and even the ones I erased still show up. Any help would be helpful. Thanks When you start to type the address and the wrong address appears on the list, use your arrow keys to highlight that wrong address, then press [DELETE]. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneN...

Sorting by Color #2
Hello, Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. Thanks, Manish hi, Manish ! > Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. IF you mean the 'real/complete' entire row... some changes [minor I hope] has to be made.. this is 'the long way'... [trying you to provide 'only' a specific range including titles which are not sorted] the following macro will use the 'next' column for sorting numbered_colors... hth, hector. Sub Color_Sorting() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myRange As String, n_Cols As Byte, n_Rows As Long...

Customize Outlook Today does not work #2
We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. Please advise where to look next. TIA "Lee Hoyle" <lee@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00b901c35139$57aac160$a101280a@phx.gbl > We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and > the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. > > Please advise where to look next. TIA Hello Lee, have you try it with this Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook ps...