One contact multiple accounts - Best practices

We work with several contacts who are responsible for multiple
accounts and I can't figure out the best way to handle this in CRM.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to handle this?

0
Brewhill
6/29/2007 10:30:23 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There are a few ways you can skin it.

1. Though contact can belong to only one account, it can be a primary
contact for multiple accounts.
2. Built-in Relationship Roles (available under Settings) allow to create
new relationships between accounts and contacts. Once relationship is set
up, account records are going to be available on a contact form under
Relationships.
3. If relationship needs to carry more information than either of the above
methods allows then you can create a custom entity and link it as
many-to-one to both contacts and accounts. Custom entity can have additional
attributes describing the relationship.

Hope this helps.
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"Brewhill" <brewhill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We work with several contacts who are responsible for multiple
> accounts and I can't figure out the best way to handle this in CRM.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for how to handle this?

0
George

Cannot syncronize accounts in different currencies on my pocket
Hello, I often need to manage accounts in different base currencies but it seems that accounts different from base currency, do no appear on pocket pc 2005. I am using money 2005 on my desktop and recently downloaded pocket money 2005 to my ipaq. This seems to be a serious limitation. any suggestions? Thanks It is a (one of the) limitation of the pocket pc client. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://regi...

Outlook Contacts Displaying Incorrectly
Hi, I synchronise contacts with Outlook and my mobile phone (Nokia 6230). When a contact comes from the phone it displays as Smith, John in the Outlook list, however when I open the contact and try to edit it says display as John Smith. There must be another setting that is overriding this somewhere! Any ideas? Hi Shaun, By default, Outlook 2003 displays contact names that are in your Contacts list in the FirstName, LastName format, as opposed to the LastName, FirstName format. In this situation, the first name of a contact is used to sort your Contact lists because the Contacts lis...

set limit for one year prior
trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to toustartdate where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) don't work I'm sure it's a simple solution - can someone help me out. Ian (Ian@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to > toustartdate > > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) > don't work These WHERE clauses would return rows where occupdate is one or more bef...

Retirement 403b account and budgeting
Hi, I'm trying to setup my budget and How I'm doing on my budget report to register my employer matching 403b account. I'm having 2 major problems with my account. 1) When I schedule a deposit into the cash transations of my 403b account, it doesn't show up on my budget planner as a scheduled payment as the others do. I have to enter it in manually. 2)I have to uncheck the "retirement account" option in the account details for the report to recognize my account in the report at all. It seems like something very strange is going on here. Is there a fix or a...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Transfer Roth from One Brokerage to Another?
I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about telling Money about transferring a Roth from one brokerage to another (I'm letting money download the data from my current brokerage)? Is there some way to, perhaps, change the Financial Institution and account number and then let Money continue as though nothing has happened? Or, do I have to close the old account and then open a new one and somehow account for the shares? In microsoft.public.money, David A. Lessnau wrote: >I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about >...

Associated external Account #2
Dear all, Just got some of our exch2k users migrated to another org exch2k3. Found that associated external account rights which never seen before in 2k. Wish to know the purpose of this account and when is the best time to use it. Please help and thousand thanks. regards Granting Access to External Accounts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/8c4befe3-3815-4b6b-a759-1e5a2878499d.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Elton Seng Yan Thung" <sengy01@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:enFBAvpwFHA...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

Post department hours to unit accounts in General Ledger
I would like to see the hours that are allocated to departments in Payroll, also be posted to unit accounts in General Ledger. Currently we have to do this manually for doing analytical reporting on financial statements (Sales per man hour or SPH) by taking numbers off the payroll posting journals and then reentering them as a JE in General Ledger. Thank you. -- Douglas J Karel Pax vobiscum ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...

How do i set up specific fields in Outlook contacts
I want to find out how I go about setting up an additional field in my outlook contacts. (2003 edition) I am looking to put a "home address" field underneath the business address field and I cannot figure out how to create this. I know that I can switch the business to home or other, but would really like to create some new fields here. Can someone tell me how? Thanks, Matt ...

Money 2005 Account number displays as xxxxx
I have just upgraded from Money 2004 STD (Australia). All my account numbers in the 'accounts list' dialog box display mainly as 'xxxxx. My account numbers are alphnumeric. They are correct when I open the individual accounts. Does anyone have a work around or know of a fix for this bug? Rgds - Pete This is nothing more than stupid knee jerk pseudo-security. R-click and go to the account settings and it will look correct. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3e01c4ac1c$02961af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have just upgraded ...

printing multiple worksheets in a workbook
I have 13 worksheets in my workbook (Excel 2007). They are all formatted to have page numbers thus "Page x of y". However, when I select all worksheets and try to print them, the printer window reflects 6 documents waiting in the queue. On printing the document even with the collate box checked, the output is not sequential according to the page numbers from either back to front or front to back. This is even more frustrating when printing to pdf (Cute PDF Writer) as the print to pdf creates 6 different files instead of printing all to one pdf file. I need help!!!! ...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments to an email in outlook 2007 without selecting each one individually? File-> Print...-> select option: Print attached files This will of course print the message itself as well. In order to print only the attachments or a selection of your attachments in one go, you'll need a printing add-in. Some are listed here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printing -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

Serializing multiple objects in one XML document
Each time I serialize an object using XmlSerializer I get a structure like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> <?xml version="1.0"?> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> Instead I would like <?xml version="1.0"?> <MyRootThatIWillWriteToTheStream> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> <MyType> .. .. </MyType> </MyRootThatIWillWriteToTheStream> So in other words, can I avoid writing the XML 1.0 decoration header each time? -- Thanks An XML document can only have 1 root, so you have to add ...

Multiple type class ...
Hi everyone how are you ? So I need a little trick or tip of how to do this: I have some classes in my project like Class A, Class B, Class C, etc; and I have a class that will comunicate me with one of then named Class D for sample see the code below: int ClassD::PegaQuantidadeCanais(LPSTR pClasse) throw(...){ try{ int iloQtde = 0; LPVOID lpvloObj = NULL; // if (strcmp(pClasse, "1 - Dialogic Anal�gica") == 0 || strcmp(pClasse, "2 - Dialogic Digital") == 0){ lpvloObj = new ClassA; iloQtde = ((ClassA)lpvloObj).Peg...

look up one value that can list multiple corresponding values
I am trying to automate work timesheets by using a spreadsheet that references two different spreadsheets that list job numbers, names and task numbers. I currently have the spreadsheet set up to import and update the two spreadsheets containing job info. I also have the time sheet set up so that when a user types in the job number, the job name automatically appears in the proper location. I need to some how get the spreadsheet to look up the entered job number and return a dropdown list of available task numbers related to that specific job. Task numbers and quantities of task ...

Data Entry for Budgets in Project Accounting is inefficient
The following is a typical complaint about data entry in the budget screen for Project Accounting. It's definitely wasn't designed to be efficient for data entry and allow quick changes to the budget items. How this screen passed QA is beyond me. Common User Comment: "As part of entering in our budgets for a project we delete any cost categories that are not budgeted. To do this takes a lot of time, because you can only delete one category at a time, and when you do, the screen comes back with your cursor at the top of the screen and thus you have to scroll back down to ...

Corum Bubble Mini Diamond Steel Pink Ladies Watch 101-174-47-0008-PN56, Best Wristwatch World
Corum Bubble Mini Diamond Steel Pink Ladies Watch 101-174-47-0008- PN56, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Corum-Bubble-Mini-Diamond-Steel-Pink-Ladies-Watch-101-174-47-0008-PN56.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Corum Bubble Mini Diamond Steel Pink Ladies Watch 101-174-47-0008-PN56 Information : Brand : Corum Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/Corum-Watches.html ) Gender : Ladies Code : Corum-Ladies-Watch-101-174-47-0008-PN56 Also Called : 101-174-47-0008-PN56, 101174470008PN56, Corum-101-174-47-0008-PN5...

How to close more then one task ?
I create workflow for Leads and first automatic task is: Send Letter. When I import 50 Leads I get 50 tasks. When all letters is sent I need to close all tasks. Can I close all tasks with one operation? Thanks Not in this release. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:01:11 -0700, "Martins" <Martins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I create workflow for Leads and first automatic task is: Send Letter. When I import 50 Leads I get 50 tasks. When all letters is sent I need t...

Sharing Outlook account on network
I have two computers on a home network both have Office 2003 installed, Both are set up with the same email account. I would like to "share" the inboxes on both units. Is this possible? If so, how? I can sympathise with you. I have just set up a Home Network and would also like to share outlook between my 3 PCs, (just in case the kids or missus are hogging them). try http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011124801033.aspx Dino "J.Thomas" <jaktomas1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:930201c496ab$927f5950$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two computers o...