on_change() event for text fields

Is there really no way to assign an event to a text field?

We want to be able to have the format saved correctly for
phone numbers when they're entered in (###)###-####

I've read some threads about this already and it looks
like it cannot be done unless you write an app to
constantly check and replace the phone numbers within the
database itself.

I can do this but it would be nice to know if there was
any simpler way of going about this.

Thanks in advance.
0
Steve
2/19/2004 3:47:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

nope, not at all,.....only picklists

its kinda stupid too because under text boxes they have the ability to
select "text type" and phone isn't in there

welcome to MSCRM, enjoy your stay, please come again

-Gary

"Steve" <sjm@virtualgrp.com> wrote in message
> Is there really no way to assign an event to a text field?
>
> We want to be able to have the format saved correctly for
> phone numbers when they're entered in (###)###-####
>
> I've read some threads about this already and it looks
> like it cannot be done unless you write an app to
> constantly check and replace the phone numbers within the
> database itself.
>
> I can do this but it would be nice to know if there was
> any simpler way of going about this.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Gary
2/19/2004 5:38:23 PM
Hi Steve, you can absolutley do this, but it's not officially supported.  It
works at the schema/form level, but there is no UI tool that helps you do
it.

1) Export your schema from deployment manager
2) Manually add events to the desired for fields (using existing field
events as examples).  Be carefull not to break your schema!
3) Re-import your schema.

I'd do it on a test system first.

Mike

"Steve" <sjm@virtualgrp.com> wrote in message
> Is there really no way to assign an event to a text field?
>
> We want to be able to have the format saved correctly for
> phone numbers when they're entered in (###)###-####
>
> I've read some threads about this already and it looks
> like it cannot be done unless you write an app to
> constantly check and replace the phone numbers within the
> database itself.
>
> I can do this but it would be nice to know if there was
> any simpler way of going about this.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
GreaterThanTwo

Enable a DISABLED Datetime field (Due field) in email activities.
I need to enable a disabled datetime field in email activities. I have tried enabling it thru "crmForm.all.new_datefield.Disabled = false;". The datepicker is available for date pick. But the selected date being displayed on the date field is disabled. It does not allow manual keying of values into the field. Any idea how to resolve this? -- Many Thanks, Geraldine Hi Geraldine, What is the name of the field that is disabled in Microsoft CRM 4.0 ? , the only default field on the email activity form is the due date field and it's not disabled!! -- Regards, Karim Moh...

Date form field in Word
I've created a form using the drop-down date field. However, after saving and restricting editing on the document, the form works when tabbing TO the date field but after selecting a date, the "form" will not tab to the next field, which happens to be a fill-in field: it will only tab to the next date field. HELP! If the date fields are Date Picker content controls, what you are seeing is to be expected. You cannot Tab from a content control to a field in Word. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "April" <April@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Copy 2 fields from subform into new form
Hi, Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and paste them into a new form via a command button. Many thanks in advance Charlotte On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:22:01 -0800, Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and >paste them into a new form via a command button. > >Many thanks in advance > >Charlotte You'll have to give us a bit more context, I'm afraid! Are you working on the *design* of a form? or copyin...

I don't see the Pivot table field list window
Hi, I am trying to generate a chart from an excell file which contains my data. After selecting all rows and columns, I go to Data > Pivot table and pivot chart report. Wizard show that I ahve selected the Excell list and Pivot table. But when I click Finish button, it does not show the Pivot table field list window. How can I view this window to drag data for the rows and columns in order to get the report/chart. This works on my wife's computer but does not work on my computer at my work. Thanks, Zafar Hi Zafar, Most likely it has been turned off. Display the Pivot Table to...

function to randomly insert text from a given list

Add text to formula?
I have this formula kindly given to me in one of these Excel ngs: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") The challenge is that any custom text I add to the cell formatting doesn't show up in the cell. Would it be possible to add something like this text below to the above (but also including line breaks)?: **************************************************************** Score --------- You:Computer = Formula result of: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") *********************...

Changing font in rich text table
I want to standardise the font of all data in a table's rich text field. If I use: Dim DB As Database Dim rst As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set DB = CurrentDb() strSQL = "SELECT tblReportTermly.Aims FROM tblReportTermly;" Set rst = DB.OpenRecordset(strSQL) Do Until rst.EOF With rst .MoveFirst .Edit !Aims.FontName = "Calibri" !Aims.FontSize = "11" .Update .MoveNext End With Loop i get "Object doesn't support this property or method". Am I approaching this incorrectly? ...

splitting text strings into new fields
I have a field that looks like this: 12/TX-Dallas I am hoping to extract out only the sales office, in this case it's Dallas. I tried the =right([sales office],35) thinking that there would be no sales office larger than 35 characters. that didn't work. please help. thanks in advance On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:53:01 -0800, toby wrote: > I have a field that looks like this: 12/TX-Dallas > > I am hoping to extract out only the sales office, in this case it's Dallas. > I tried the =right([sales office],35) thinking that there would be no sales > office larger...

Pivot Table Page Field
Hi There, I have a simple pivot table that shows sales by salesperson, per month. Months are represented by accounting period numbers (i.e. apr =1, may=2, .....march =12) The period numbers are the page field, so i select a period from the page field and it shows me the sales for that month by salesperson. However, I have the period in cell A1 that changes in real-time, can I link the page field to this cell, so instead of me having to increment the period. It simply picks it up from A1. Any help is appreciated Jim ...

format cell to search text in another cell
I'm trying to make it so that when text is typed in a cell, other cells will read it, and if the text includes certain letters (like "ss" in "dssl" or "ssdl") then it would insert "N/A" in the appropriate cells. i also want it to be able to look for more than one thing. Not case sesitive. Below is by no means code, but i don't know how else to explain it. For instance in cell C14 (IF C3 = "*ss" or "*bl1" then "N/A" else " ") I tried =IF(SEARCH("SS", C6,1)>0,"N/A", " "...

Outlook 2000 Application Failure Event ID 1000
I'm running Windows XP and recently started receiving the following message when starting Outlook. The main Outlook window appear, folders and such are shown, the application takes a long time, then the error message pops up. Safe mode does not prevent the error. The error message displayed is "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needed to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Below is the information from the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 5/28/2010 Time: 8:5...

Formula to get date from text string
This is what the cell currently looks like: [10/01/09 11:30PM] I would like the formula to return only: 10/01/09 Does anyone know what formula I should use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Sara Here's one way: =3D--MID(A1,2,8) though this will only work if the date is in the normal format for your region (does it mean 10th January 2009, or 1st October 2009 ?). A safer way might be: =3DDATE(2000+MID(A1,8,2),MID(A1,5,2),MID(A1,2,2)) or: =3DDATE(2000+MID(A1,8,2),MID(A1,2,2),MID(A1,5,2)) depending on the answer to my earlier question. ...

Receive mails in plain text
Is it possible to force Outlook to receive any mail in plain text format, even though the original was sent in html? There is one location to change the default value in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format and one option to change it in the message to make exceptions, but this is just for sending. Peter Sorensen Copenhagen Hello Peter look at this http://ntbugtraq.ntadvice.com/default.asp? sid=1&pid=55&did=38 or you could do it by yourself Please go in the REGISTRY HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Outlook\Options\Mail There you makes a new DWORD and ...

proper placing of an event
I have a form that has multiple fields on it. There is one field that is for the a concatenation of 3 of the other fields. The concat field is not bound while the other 3 are. I have the concat all worked out and placed in the after_update event of the last of the 3 fields. Mainly, my question is where is the best place to put the event so the concat field shows the 3 field concatenation everytime the form opens, requeries, etc? Thanks for the feedback. >>> John To show it for existing data, you need the code in the form's Current event. Incidentally, you shouldn'...

automatically move to the next field
I have 5 combo boxes on 3 separate tab controls. After answering a question I would like the cursor to automatically go to the next combo field. How do I do this. Also after answering the 5th question on the first tab control can the cursor go to the next question on the 2nd tab control? Thanks for the help in advance. Tom You need to set the focus to a text box in that TAB Me.[TextBoxName].SetFocus You can use the AfterUpdate event or LostFocus event of the combo you want to move from, to the text box using the above line. "Tom Tripicchio" <fuzzytrip@prodigy.net> w...

Sorting Created Customized Fields in My Tasks view
This question may/may not have been answered ad-nauseum already, but I did not find it immediately when I did a search so I apologize in advance. If we have created customized fields for our My Task view, is there any way to make those fields sortable at all? I did a few mock tests of adding a new customized field and customized view, but did not see where I could make the desired customized field sortable like they are for the default/existing enterprise fields out of the box. Thanks....any help on this is greatly appreciated. ...

either draw bitmap of text
hi experts~ i'm developing a SDI application in winCE by using mfc. now i can draw either bitmap or text , but not both. that means when i draw bitmap , text can't show on the same time. but if i disable the bitmap drawing function, i can see the text. what's wrong with me? thank you. such as delete object. could anyone show me some example? thank you. "chichung" <kenneth@netxis.com.hk> �b�l�� news:ubYx8DiRDHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl �����g... > hi experts~ > i'm developing a SDI application in winCE by using mfc. > > now i can draw either b...

Extract numbers from cell with Text and Numbers
Hello All, I hope someone can help. I have a column of cells. Each cell contains some text, and then a number in parenthases, then a comma, and then come text, and then a number in parenthases, This repeats probably as many as 5 times, though some cells have fewer then 5. I want to somehow, if possible, extract JUST THE NUMBERS. If I can automatically get a total so that I can average the total (dividing by a number in another column, but in the same row as the numbers extracted) that would be great. I am most concerned with not having to manually enter the numbers again. If anyone ha...

Converting Text file from Mac OS to Windows
Dears, Is there any tool from Microsoft converting text files from Mac OS to Windows? if yes is it support arabic. Thank you and Huppy New Year In article <uNnZZt3CGHA.516@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Yasser" <yasser_shahin@hotmail.com> wrote: > Dears, > > Is there any tool from Microsoft converting text files from Mac OS to > Windows? if yes is it support arabic. > > Thank you and Huppy New Year I don't know of any Microsoft tool, but the free TextWrangler from Bare Bones Software allows one to easily choose the "line end"...

unreadable text from pst
I copied a pst file using windows explorer from my computer at work. Brought it home and put it on home computer. Installed outlook 2002 and tried to see emails. First time to install outlook (IT does it at work and sets up.) I go to Outlook Today (personal folders), look at area where email comes up and all I see is pages of letter sized squares, random letters, numbers,and symbols like it is encrypted but someone told me if encrypted I wouldn't see anything. Please help Thanks, John ...

Adding Custom fields to grid?
I would like to add the 'sender' field to the grid in the activities. Is this possible either by editing the database or some xml file? Are you refering to the "Activity View' when you are displaying current/history Activities for an object? If so you can modify the Activity views as follows: (REPLACE "CRMSERVER" with the name of your crm server). Associated View: Activities: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903} View: All Activities: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-0...

Change Required Field Property in Table
I am trying to change the required field property in for a field in an existing table based on a value in a field in my form. I am using the BeforeUpdate event. Here is what I have so far: tables!tblPayments!tblPaymentsDateWritten.Required = False When the conditions are met, I get a message that says, "Runtime error '424' Object Required." Can the Required property of the field be altered from a form? If so, How can I do it? "Jonas" <sundet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:68bdf43b-85b9-4ad0-8a38-faee98d6dabf@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com......

Onload event
Hi, I want to disable some fields in the Case entity and control it from the event "OnLoad" Can you help me with a web link? Thank you Esteban Hi Esteban, To disable a field named new_custom, use the following code: crmForm.all.new_custom.disabled=true; I recommend that you take a look at Michael Hohne's posts on Client Side Scripting: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=ClientSideScripting. Michael's posts should help you get a hang of Javascript very quickly. HTH, Niths "Esteban GN" wrote: > Hi, > I want to disable some fields in the C...

JavaScript Error adding custom field
Hello, When I try to add a cusom field to the Accounts form I get several JavaScript errors on http:/crm/Tools/FormEditor/Dialogs/addfields.aspx (line 144 : Parameter incorrect) when opening the Web Page Dialog (Field list). When trying to add a field, I get an error 'crmDialog.TabName.returnValue' is null or not an object (line 94 in same aspx) If I continue, I get error 'Object doesn't support this property or method' at line 297. I noticed that this behaviour is only when I contact CRM from one PC. Is there any known compatibility issue as far as the Java VM is concern...

Excel 2003, cannot import quoted fields with separators inside
Hello, I have some data in UTF-8 encoded file with comma separated and quoted values. First I create an empty spreadsheet and then go to Data | Import External Data | Import Data... After selecting the file I choose "Delimited" data type (UTF-8 encoding is recognized automatically). In the next setp I change Delimiters to "Comma" (only!). Text qualifier is already set to double quotes. I would expect in this case that value such as this: "one, two, tree" to be treated as one column. But excel breaks it into three columns 1. "one 2. two 3. three" Am...