Offline post-callouts?

Hello,

We're using a post-callout to add some business logic to the MS CRM,
but now we want that business logic available to the Outlook client
when working offline as well.

We've installed the COM+ component on a test client, and registered it
with CRM, and it gets called at the appropriate time, but it doesn't
work: the component blocks when trying to create a CRM object (e.g.
BizUser).  An alternative would be to access the local MSDE datastore
directly, but we can't figure out how to do that (we always get
"connection refused").
We're unable to find any documentation about how to use the
post-callout mechanism.  Is it even possible?  If anybody could shed
some light on the situation, we'd really appreciate it!

Regards,
Wout Neirynck
0
wout
2/12/2004 3:16:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

From my reading, workflow rules are only activated for off
line data when synchronisation occurs.  So for example, if
you have a rule that is based on Creating and Invoice, and
at 9am a user creates and invoice offline, and then
synchronises at 11am, the rule will be fired at 11am, not
9am; and everything else will happen relevant to 11am not
9am.

Gill

0
Gill
2/12/2004 10:02:56 PM
Wout,

Is it critical that this logic fire immediately when offline?  If not,
then I am pretty certain that the callout will fire when the user goes
back online.  When you go back online, CRM actually funnels the queued
updates through the application layer to process the updates.  This
way, the updates get re-validated against the security and busness
rules of the system at that time.  Thus, that's when workflow kicks in
and should be when the call-outs will fire as well.

Matt

On 12 Feb 2004 07:16:55 -0800, wout.neirynck@ictportal.com (Wout
Neirynck) wrote:

[...]

Offline Database Synchronizing
I understand that when I do a "Z" report the database gets updated. Currently I do a blind closeout on each register at the end of every day. Do I still need to do a "Z" report to update this? Thanks Tony Dear Tony, First of all what is the Z report in your thought. the purpose of Z report is to reconcile all your cash, credit card etc and verify the sales and in this you basically counting every tender, however in blind closeout feature is develop where you don't wanted to count the money/tenders infront of public or may be in hurry closing up your shift. so ...

Error 214721865 on pos when posting transaction
I am experiencing an Error message on my second station when trying to post a transaction, usually the first or second after I open Store Operation Pos. My main data is sitting on first station. This is the error msg in Full. Error 214721865 Cannot Drop the Table # Temp Because it does not exist in System Cat Log (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State:40502 Native Error 3701) Select GetDate ( ) As Current Date Time I am unable to find this error on customer source Can you post cause and RESOLUTION ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Advice on timing of posts appearing #3
I've noticed over the last few days that some of the posts I've made are taking a very long time to appear. Last night I replied to mevett's post "Link to a changing cell? You'll see ..." at 11:58pm (my time). Over an hour later it hadn't appeared, so I posted another one (1:10am). This morning both were visible (though with the second one appearing before the first), so I posed a question then (about 9:20am) on why this should be so - this still hasn't appeared, and it is now 6:40pm. During the last 90 minutes or so I have replied to a number of other posts i...

Limiting size of posts in NGs
Happy New Year all - Is there any way to limit size of posts in NGs to 500 Kb?? One of the NGs I co-moderate sent this out (we're trying to help users know how to limit size if they use OE): "Effective immediately the new size limit for any post is 500 Kb. All newsreaders add almost 40% to the original file size when posted (either embedded or attached). Consequently a 360Kb post will post as 493 Kb. Anything larger than 500 Kb will be rejected." Thank you - again. -- Happiness is not something you experience, it's something you remember (Oscar Levant).&q...

The Patrick Michael Sullivan of Nanaimo (aka @) FUUQ-U - Frequently Unasked and Unanswered Questions
The Patrick Michael Sullivan of Nanaimo FUUQ-U - aka The Fat Pat / Kearsley Curse Frequently Unasked and Unanswered Questions - Universal (FUUQ-U) (weekly posting) The creation and weekly publication of The Patrick Michael Sullivan of Nanaimo FUUQ-U has now become necessary, as Sullivan has, for over two years, been in contempt of court. Sullivan continues to infest usenet. Patrick Michael Sullivan of Nanaimo has publicly and openly defied court orders to remove his libel from the Internet. Sullivan declared bankruptcy only when attempts were made to garnish his wages, then he continued...

Print to custom Forms offline
Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? Please let me know thanks. Dan white wrote: > Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you > to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? > > Please let me know thanks. i think that you could do a mail merge using your local sql offline db. You would need to crete a new ODBC connection through administrative tools that connects to your local db and then create a new mail merge .d...

Removing support for OAB 2 and 3 Offline address list
If I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2 and no longer have any other older exchange servers in my domain why would I still need to support OAB 2 and 3 offline address list. What is the best practice for deleting the OAB 2 and 3 entries in my domain. The OAB's are specific to the client version as well. Why do you feel a need to remove them? It won't hurt anything to leave them there. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "RP in the Midwest" <RPintheMidwes...

Offline address lists Problem
Hi, I´ve a exchange 2000 clustered enviroment in the company, but outlook users didn´t syncronize offline address list, they receive a error. Everything it´s ok in the environment, I configured a server to host the offline address list and the DC´s are OK. What can be the problem? Thanks! -- Gustavo Z. Velozo ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Monday, May 31, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 138 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consider...

SOP Serial Number & AR Posting
Dear All, We are currently using GP 10.0 with SP3. We have a requirement wherein the customer demands that our invoices originating from the SOP module have to have their serial numbers agains the products. In short, is there a way to capture a nonsequence (010,050,090) type serial numbers against line items in SOP. Secondly, is there any possibility of preventing the posting of SOP Invoices to AR & GL. Basically, my requirement is that i need to deliver the products from a customer order to the customer and record the inventory part of it. Invoicing of the same trx will happen after a c...

Post Create Callout to show web page
Hi. I want to know if it's possible in a post create callout source code, open a new web page where the user can choose aditional information for the entity. What I want to do is show to the user a custom web page, once a appointment is created. Thanks for your help. -- MCP SBS 2003 Hi Joel Showing a custom page would be client side behavior. It can be done using client side JavaScript. A call out is not the place to go for such functionality. Try this: 1. Create a bit field, 'firstLoad' (or something that signifies that the record is being viewed for the first time). S...

Offline address list and mailbox store (Exch2003)
I have two users in the same mailbox store, is it possible to gave different "Offline address list" to these users? With kind regards, Stefan This is only per mailbox store. You will need either a second server or Enterprise edition and add another mailbox store. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "St...

Microsoft Exchange offline address book Error 0x8004010F
Hi, So I'm getting the error 0x8004010F and I tried the resolution in KB 905813 (make sure there is a valid OL Address book selected) and that doesn't solve my error. Does anyone have any other suggestions to clear this error? Thanks! -- JP Bourget, MCSE Arnold Magnetic Technologies This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C76AEC.BD55EE60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What errors are in your app log when you generate the oab? turn = msexchangesa\oal generator to max and rebuild ...

Exchange 2k3 post sp2 question
Hello great ones, Does MS have a website that lists all new updates post SP2; a central location? I seem to locate them sporadically (technet, downloads, etc.) as "Most Popular Exchange 2k3 Downloads", but what I am looking for is that central (intrepret as "magical") goldmine of Exchange updates post SP2. Any help greatly appreciated, thank you, Mel Don't think there are as many "updates" that are freely downloadable and should be installed by all... plenty of hotfixes that are available from PSS to address specific issues but not regression-tested ...

Test Posting
Hello, This is a test message. I have tried to post a message a few times but it still did not appear in the posting. Anyone knows why this is happening? Thank You Your posts appear, and I've replied to all of them now, I think. Since you can't see them, you may not see this.... You might want to consider using a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte Agent rather than the web interface to the newsgroups - it's a lot easier to do nearly everything there, including searching, which is always a good idea to do before you post, as well as mark messages to be watched, and filter ...

Filing away posting Journals
I am wondering according to which number i should file away my posting journals in GL,PM,RM,BM I need a consistent filing system for my client,since he doesn't like the fact that GP has no auto batch number. another question: how can i trace a paybles transaction from payables to GL in Payables Management (in other words i want to see the gl transaction from payables) Thanks ...

payables ck batch missing in series post
We have a check batch (GP ver 9) where the post option is gray - and when we go to series post the batch doesn't show up. This batch was previously stuck and we set the batch status back to zero. Now we can't post it. Check batch recovery and see if it's there Patti. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com It is not in batch recovery. "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote: > Check batch recovery and see if it's there Patti. > > Frank Hamelly > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP > East Coas...

Workflow Post URL problem

Posting to Previously Closed Period
I did the year-end closing for 2004 but had to reopen December to post audit adjustments. I have not yet done another year-end closing for 2004. GP added entries to my entry. For example, my entry was Debit Expenses Account 1000 Credit Prepaid Expenses 1000 GP added the following: Debit Retained Earnings 1000 Credit Prepaid Expenses 1000 It appears the latter entries were made to change the opening balances in 2005. However, my ending Retained Earnings account in 2004 does not reflect the adjusting entries made to Income Statement accounts. My questions are...

Offline Restore Problem
I have completed the offline restore process in our lab in preparation of moving our Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server to new hardware. The original server was NT4 SP6a and the new server is Windows 2000 SP4 The process went fine and all services are started and all email data is there. However... the association between the user account and the mailbox has been lost. I have run all the DS/IS Consistency adjusters and anything else that I can think of. What am I missing? Shih Did you also restore the directory? -- Nitin Shukla Microsoft Support (nitinsh@online.microsoft.com) This posti...

Is Pre-Callouts implemented in 1.2 ?
Hi, I am still working with MS CRM 1.0 . It only supports post callouts. Does the 1.2 version supports the pre-callouts too? regs rojer > I am still working with MS CRM 1.0 . It only supports > post callouts. Does the 1.2 version supports the pre-callouts too? According to the SDK: The answer is "no". -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps. Microsoft Business Solutions Support Michael Schumacher (MS) (Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen. / This posting is provided "AS I...

Callouts in Charts
Does anyone know a way to keep the pointer of a callout assigned to a point in a graph? I am trying to add additional data points to graphs and my callouts don't follow the point. Is there a way to do this without moving the call out every time? You could use a datalabel instead of a callout. Not the same visual effect but... If you do decide to go that route, you may want to use Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or Walkenbach's ChartTools (www.j- walk.com). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS O...

Offline defrags and .stm database
Recently we moved a large amount of mailboxes from one E2K3 server to another and now we've got approx. 22 GBs of white space after the online defrags (across 5 mailbox stores). I want to do an offline defrag because there is less than 18 GBs left on the partition (the 5 MB stores consume 49 GBs out of 67 GBs). I've done off-line defrags in Exch 5.5 but haven't done one yet in E2K3. I've read the KB article 192185 about defragging and the question I have is do you have to account for the size of streaming database file (.stm file) when you're calculating the amount...

cannot post to m.p.w.v.g on msnews.microsoft.com
I cannot post to the group with the same name, when it is on msnews.microsoft.com "charles cashion" <cmcnuz@dunjas.com> wrote in message news:hp09ql$fd7$2@news.eternal-september.org... > I cannot post to the group with the same name, > when it is on msnews.microsoft.com That's a serious Vista problem. Take 2 aspirins and call the Pope. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." charles cashion wrote: > I cannot post to the group with the same name, > when it is on msnew...

Offline User does not have Licence or Role
I have an issue where all users can successfully go offline, no errors etc. When disconnected from the network the users get CRM error, no licence or role, so they can not use CRM. If they are connected to the domain but CRM is offline it works fine, when they go back online there are no errors. I have uninstalled and re installed one client including deleting the local db and registry keys etc but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue or know why this would occur please, the clients are on XP Pro SP1, the CRM is 1.2 and Office 2000. Colin can you tell us the exact message the...