Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN...

Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN are we allowed to talk about it in
this NG?

Or are we still supposed to keep quiet about it?!

Cheers

Tom

0
Bouffont
11/17/2005 11:53:56 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Importing Text File #3
Did ya ever have one of those lucky accidents that you like and would like to replicate? I created a simple excel workbook based on imported text data. Later, when I reopended the file, I noticed that the "refresh" button was activated and would auto import when I clicked. The best part is that the import specs were retained. I have no idea how I did this and have not been able to replicate the functionality. Can someone help? Thanks Bean, It sounds as if you used Data - Get external data. It remembers all the paramaters you specify, and you have only to do a refresh, ...

MFC and threads #3
Greetings, I am running into a problem when trying to pause a thread in MFC based application. This is my first time using user defined Events for synchronization. The scenario is like this. Code executes in a worker thread and based on some conditions thread launches another new dialog window. That window displays some message to user ie, Hello There! in an Edit control. I provide a Resume button on the bottom of that message Window so that user can continue after reading the message and the worker thread should continue from where it left off. This is the code for that Resume button. v...

Send #3
Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after send/receive. Hi - please tell us your version of Outlook, what service pack you have, what mode if applicable (see all this in help | about) and what kind of e-mail account you use. Bernie wrote: > Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in > the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after > send/receive. ...

Create Expression from Func? (3.5 SP1)
Hello: Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like cluttering up my method signatures with the whole Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would prefer for callers to simply see Func<TResult, T> instead. I'd like to take a Func and create an Expression from it. Is that possible? Thanks, Travis Parks Jehu Galeahsa wrote: > Hello: > > Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like > cluttering up my method signatures with the whole > Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would ...

photogallery in pub #3
How many default photos in photo gallery web page of publishers? Ans is 12 but please explain any body. Thanks in advance. ...

Calendar sharing #3
Hello all, the current exchange setup is as follows: 1. domain A.... is windows 2000, with exchange 5.5 and is hosted in Organization A 2. domain B .... is windows 2003, with exchange 2003 and is hosted in Organization B Is there a way for users from both domains to access the other's calendar ( for example, user 1 in domain A wants to access user 2 in domain B)? Any input is appreciated. Thanks. Diana Hi Diana, You may consider the InterOrg Replication Utility to accomplish this. Read more about it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7A951D7-155...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

Failed CRM for Outlook Install
I am trying to install CRM for Outlook on a computer but it kleeps failing with the following error: "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook" The user has Administative rights to the system, she has an account in CRM and a license. This is very frustrating since I have to clean up the registry every time I reinstall since it crashes before putting anything in the add remove control panel. Any ideas? -- Francois Try to uninstall MSDE and make sure you have all the databases removed. The default in...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

I can't publish now since my computer crashed as was rebuilt
My computer crashed and was re-built with all the software re-loaded and my documents re-loaded from saved files etc. But now when I try to publish updates to my web site, I get FP error message like this: "the web server at www.snoblazers.com does not appear to have Windows Sharepoint services installed. possible causes: 1) Web server may not have Frontpage extensions installed 2) The web server may be temporarily out of service 3) If you are connecting through a proxy service, the proxy settings may be incorrect 4) An error may have occured in the web server. But n...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

eService Call with GP 9.0
eService GP 8 release was unchanged for GP 9.0 as per Article ". eService & eReturns NOTE: eService & eReturns for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 utilizes the same download as Microsoft Great Plains 8.0. There are no changes to eService & eReturns requiring an upgrade or installation difference. " I tried to configure eService for GP 9.0 but not able to view the proper page, it seems the COM components “Webservice” not working properly. Anyone come across the same situation? You need to go to Component Services, Computers, My Computers, Com+ Apps and make sure th...

Making CRM more attractive in Outlook
Hi, I'm new to this site (and MS CRM). I am preparing a presales demo and want to make the outlook (desktop) version of CRM more attractive for users by using the shortcut buttons that CRM provides. I have two questions. One is more Outlook related, really. - Can I create a new view in the navigation pane (like mail, calendar, ...) with my CRM buttons? Right now I have all these buttons under "shortcuts" but that doesn't appeal to the user. - I have once seen a demo where a view was created with all the standard shortcut buttons in a sort of "folder list",...

Averaging cell's...problems with Div/0
Hi guys. First time poster here so be gentle with me. I am looking fo some assistance averaging a range of 1 to 3 numbers. Here is what I have so far. =(D3+F3+H3)/(IF(C3=0,0,1)+IF(E3=0,0,1)+IF(G3=0,0,1)) This works great. What it does is checks to see if there is a value i the cell, then counts it and divides by the right number. I.E if yo only have two values out of 3 filled in it divides the number by tw instead of 3. My problem... if all 3 fields are 0 then I get a divide by 0 error. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I don't want my spreadsheet to loo messy before I start plu...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Invest $3.70 & Earn $ 1 million By E-gold
Invest $3.70 and earn $1,000,000.00 By e-gold! Free sign-up. Guaranteed earnings! http://www.ptsu.biz/index.php?ref=petertian ...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

CRM Url
I initially installed the CRM server to the default url of the server (i.e. http://servername). I then installed SharePoint and it messed the configuration up. I then uninstalled SP. Now I can't get to the default server's url of http://servername. Any suggestions on how to correct? Go into IIS and setup a Host Header for the CRM site, Then add an alias for the Header to DNS. Calling the Alias will then resolve and access the site, -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> att.net visit ME at: ...