Not able to view activities - Error Occured Message

Hi,

I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended.
However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is
throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact
you system administrator."

I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any
error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help
me fix this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Mahalax.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Journaling not archiving messages
I've enabled journaling on Exchange 2003 and none of the messages are saving. I did the same on a test server, but only outgoing messages were being archived. Both Outlook 2000 and 2003 are being used for messaging. I'm trying to archive messages to a public folder. Any ideas would be appreciated. -LW Did you read : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3Journal/0526b555-4da6-4ab0-93e5-1e6d20962c89.mspx ? Also, journaling to a public folder is not recommended. On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:05:05 -0800, "LW" <LW@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Error msge on closing Outlook
When I go out of Outlook I get an error message the contents which are listed below. How do I solve this pain in the butt? AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.6023.5000 AppStamp:46574050 ModName: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2000.929 ModStamp:39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Running XP Pro SR2 with all updates to date and have Office 2007 Enterprise on board. Hard to say offhand, but there are a few standard steps that might help: See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm Also you might try repairing Outlook fron Control Panel | Add/Remo...

"Server Recipients" gives an error
I have a Mixed Mode 5.5 setup with several 2000 and one exchange 2003 server. If I select the exchange 2003 server in MS Exchange 5.5 Admin and click on that servers "Server Recipients", I recieve this message. The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object Microsoft Exchage Address Book ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. hmmm...I can see items in this container in my Exchange admin program with no problem...where are you looking at this? on a server? or on a workstation? were you ever able to...

How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted
Hello out there! I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other tasks that have yet to be completed. I've searched help and rung the customer support line but to no avail. Anyone know how? Would be much appreciated. Paul Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter button). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

Link Error: Unresolved external GetThisClass
I am writing an MDI application based generally on the CHKBOOK sample. I need to have several views of the same document. I started out creating a single view and got that working then made a copy of the first view and did a replace on the class name to create the second view. At this point the second view is still identical to the first until I get the mechanism working the way I want it. The problem is that I keep getting the following link error once the second view is added: PCR.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass * __stdcall CByDayVie...

Using Rules to Respond to Messages
I'm setting up resource scheduling and like some others have noticed, if a user submits a calendar item to a resource but puts the resource in the required or optional field the calendar has to accept or decline the meeting. Well, your resource is setup to automatically accept resource scheduling and no one is going to read the requests submitted as email. I was thinking I could setup a rule that automatically resonds to the user to tell them that they have selected a resource as a person. Please resubmit this request and put the resource in the resource field. PROBLEM: I can'...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

Error Within IF Statement
Could anyone assist me in assessing what is wrong with the formula below. I am getting a message "the formula you typed contains and error". What is highlighted is the last AND shown below Thanks =IF(F3="DOB Missing","Can't Calculate Rate",IF(D3="Country","",(IF(AND(F3<18),Rates!D16,(IF(AND(F3<19,F3>=18),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3>1),Rates!D12,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3>1,J3<2),Rates!D12,Rates!G31))))))))))))) John, You hav...

Unable to add tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. ...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

Cannot reply or forward messages
I cannot reply or forward messages in Outlook. When I try it automatically says Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have installed all the latest updates and don't know what to do. I don't have a problem reading messages. Shelby, This happens because MS Word is your default mail editor, change that and problem resolved. I had the same issue awhile back... Good Luck. Sal >-----Original Message----- >I cannot reply or forward messages in Outlook. When I >try it automatically says Outlook has encountered a >problem and needs to close. I have ...

Active sync problem in wince5.0 when de-activate "Enable KITL" in release mode
Hi, My Usb fucntion driver with active sync support in wince 5.0 is working fine with de-activate "Enable KITL" support in debug mode. By de-activate "Enable KITL" in RELEASE mode, active sync is not working. Any idea ? Regards - D. Does it work if you Enable KITL in a release build? Do you have ActiveSync included in your release build? What are you using as your default USBF client? Check your COM ports, the COMx x number may have changed. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/brucee...

How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able
How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. "kdepc" <kdepc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C01F1E17-3057-40E4-8DF8-C8F507316897@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail > Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 > Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. Please...

Moving mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C61DC8.6FAD4950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question: When moving mailboxes using AD Users and Computers from = Exchange server A to Exchange Server B, what will be the effect on users = that currently have their mailbox open in Microsoft Outlook? Some of the = users have Outlook 2003 and some of them have Outlook 2002. Is it best = to do the move when noone is on? but the thing is in this organization, = we have so laptop users that may not be on...

Error Code 0x8007000E
Sorry in advance I know not a lot about computers! Just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007 - every time a try to send an email it comes up with the following warning: Sending reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. It is a brand new computer and I have been trying it only running Outlook and that still does not work. Ran the diagnostic but it is say that everything is ok and the test emails are going through - the are not entering Outlook but can find them on Bigpond email website. PLEASE HEL...

error: failed to provision your initial business
Hi All, during installing CRM 1.2 from the CD we are receiving the following error msg: Failed to install microsoft customer relationship management server. Failed to provosion your initial business Failed to create root business Catastropic failure (8000FFFF) we are using win2000 adv srv sql2000 and crm 1.2 any ideas ?? did anyone else got this error ? I searched MS support site and KB but no use ! thanks in advance Regds ...

Removing Campaign Templates and Template Activities from default v
I am trying to figure out how to prevent template activities and campaign templates from showing up in default views in the "Activities" section of CRM as well as the "Advanced Find" and "Regarding" views. ...

Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared.
I have many files like this one with identical statements for the MasterType, Content and for: <div id="QQQ"> and for the script shown below. A couple of those files cause the error: Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. The following markup is from one of those files. What could possibly be the problem with this file? Thanks <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="2010Events.aspx.vb" Inhe...

Out look express error
Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook and restart it. Can anyone tell me what this is and how do i fix it? Thanks Mike Michael Moore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of > messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST > CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook > and restart it. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

How to make A1 the active cell in all visible worksheets ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ......so that when i activate the sheet A1 is the cell in the upper left = corner of my screen. Thanx ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Error received when assigning cases ; "The parameter is incorrect"
When users try to assign cases, they periodically receive the error message below. We've run SQL Profiler traces, CRMDiag and sent those files to Microsoft support. however they're not finding anything "wrong" here, and I'm beginning to get frustrated with not being able to narrow down the cause. Has anyone else experienced this issue? if so, how did you resolve it? Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred duri...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

Exchange has reported error, nothing in event logs
My exchange monitor has been send this alert out recently. We have recieve the error 3 times and have found nothing in the event logs. Any help is greatly appreciated! "TPEXCH00" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Error" Services - "OK" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" Sounds like a problem with the monitoring being unable to collect the disk space information, which could be a problem with WMI. Have you tried restarting the Exchange Management service? This is what allows Ex...