Not able to send email from CRM client

Help, please.

I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM
client software. See error message below.

I have tried all the solutions I can find, including:

-Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM
server and that the specified server is the Exchange
server.
-Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML.
-Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the
the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is
named ORCAS.
-Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is
correct.
-Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each
other.

What else can I try?

Error message: displayed in Event Application Log on the
CRM server:

MSCRM Platform Error Report:
Error: <description>An unexpected error
occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017
\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h</file><line>47</li
ne>

Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
the email : Could not connect to host

Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017
\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Line Number: 47

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
   at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplica
tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
0
JD
11/18/2003 8:10:12 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

i know you have checked but can you send the registry entries for the
servers on both sides

"JD" <nospam_jeff@marymoor.com> wrote in message
> Help, please.
>
> I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM
> client software. See error message below.
>
> I have tried all the solutions I can find, including:
>
> -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM
> server and that the specified server is the Exchange
> server.
> -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML.
> -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the
> the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is
> named ORCAS.
> -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is
> correct.
> -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each
> other.
>
> What else can I try?
>
> Error message: displayed in Event Application Log on the
> CRM server:
>
> MSCRM Platform Error Report:
> Error: <description>An unexpected error
> occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
> attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
> host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017
> \src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h</file><line>47</li
> ne>
>
> Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>
> Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
> the email : Could not connect to host
>
> Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017
> \src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>
> Line Number: 47
>
> Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
> (Exception e)
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
> context)
>    at
> System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplica
> tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
> (IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

0
John
11/18/2003 9:19:54 PM
Thank you for replying.

I uninstalled everything, then reinstalled, and it worked. I did find a
problem that I suspect to be the prime suspect:

The home directory for the default web site had restricted permissions on
it. Stuff seemed to start working after I gave 'full control' to 'everyone'.

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:uxaM3mhrDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> i know you have checked but can you send the registry entries for the
> servers on both sides
>

> "JD" <nospam_jeff@marymoor.com> wrote in message
> > Help, please.
> >
> > I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM
> > client software. See error message below.
> >
> > I have tried all the solutions I can find, including:
> >
> > -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM
> > server and that the specified server is the Exchange
> > server.
> > -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML.
> > -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the
> > the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is
> > named ORCAS.
> > -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is
> > correct.
> > -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each
> > other.
> >
> > What else can I try?
> >
> > Error message: displayed in Event Application Log on the
> > CRM server:
> >
> > MSCRM Platform Error Report:
> > Error: <description>An unexpected error
> > occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
> > attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
> > host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017
> > \src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h</file><line>47</li
> > ne>
> >
> > Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
> >
> > Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
> > the email : Could not connect to host
> >
> > Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017
> > \src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
> >
> > Line Number: 47
> >
> > Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
> > (Exception e)
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
> >    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
> > context)
> >    at
> > System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplica
> > tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
> >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
> > (IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

0
news

Overall Feedback on CRM 3.0? Anyone Really Disatisfied? Or Satisfi
Hi, I've invested abotu $12K into the CRM software (including the CRM licenses, annual maintenance and Scribe software for GP integration). And we do not have anything working yet. I am wondering if we should proceed with the MS CRM or throw it away and go with some other software. The feedback I've received so far from various people is not good at all - basically lots of money to get something that doesn't work all that well. We are a very small business and we can't afford to throw any more money away. I am super concerned about proceeding further. We are only a 10-...

hiding sender address in Outlook emails
I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other people. How can I do this? tomsaar wrote: > I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other > people. How can I do this? This is not a pro-spamming newsgroup. "tomsaar" <tomsaar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBA59383-FB7F-417F-9ED8-850E2D4C7F6D@microsoft.com... >I don't want my email address to appear in the messages that I send to other > people. How can I do this? If this is a legitimate message, then th...

Send/Receive doesn't get Exchange 2000 mail
Outlook 2002 Send/Receive does not get mail from the Exchange server as expected. If you open a previous message the mail is properly retrieved from the Exchange 2000 server. Using Outlook 2003 Send/Receive works as expected. It's a problem with your NAT router and UDP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305572 -- "Gene" <gglenn@precisionimages.com> wrote in message news:0a9601c35dbc$0075a290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2002 Send/Receive does not get mail from the > Exchange server as expected. If you open a previous > message the ...

Client reboot every day at 3am
WIndows server 2003 clients configured Auto-update through WUSU server before. Just recently these servers reboot at 3am every night even removed from WUSU --AD intergrated. These servers were also reconfigured in registry --NoAutoUpdate ==Dword : 1. But there are still a few servers reboot at 3am . SUS clients ID were deleted from the registry but they always came back after reboot. Any advise ? [[ Right pew, wrong church - Forwarded to WSUS newsgroup (microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) via crosspost as a convenience to OP ]] ginger wrote: > WIndow...

Send and receive message freeze...
When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? salernk@gmail.com <salernk@gmail.com> wrote: > When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on > freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program > for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? Corruption maybe?? Try launching Entourage pressing the option key down to rebuild your identity, Cor...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

Outlook 2007 CRM error
I get an error when starting Outlook that I have no CRM functionality, event ID 5897 shows up in the app logs with an autentication error message 0x8007002. Any ideas on what I should be looking for or how to fix this? ...

CRM integration with GP: BizTalk errors
I've completed the integration, but I'm getting 2 Biztalk errors. Any help or direction appreciated: APPLICATION ERROR: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 8/24/2005 Time: 4:51:50 AM User: N/A Computer: NJBTS02 Description: Faulting application MSCIS.exe, version 3.0.2023.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396d0. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Error after attempting to send message OTL6
each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 the send and receive bar will proceed right to the end and immediately post following: unknown error protocal:SMTP, port:0, Secure(SSL):No Error Number OX800C0131 The new window: DIRECTDB.DLL HAS COMMITTED ERROR MSIMN WILL CLOSE NOW PROPERTIES OF DIRECTDB.DLL IS VERSION 6.0.2800.1106 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! waynedog_7@passport.com <waynedog@prodigy.net> wrote: > each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

CRM v1.2 for MSDN?
We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber which means we pay about $4000 a year to get the entire Microsoft Library. I have not seen CRM 1.2 in any of the updates which is very strange since I normally see them before any other subscription. Did I miss an update? I also notice on the MSDN downloads section they still only have v1.0 listed. Thanks! CRM 1.2 is only just shipping to partners etc. I would not expect it to appear on MSDN for a couple of months "MEI" <MEI@MEI.COM> wrote in message news:Of0KXo7sDHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber whic...

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Outlook 2007 Delegate not receiving invite emails
One of my assistants is not always receiving meeting invites (on behalf of) from our clients even though the executive she supports has her as a delegate. They are both using Outlook 2007 on a 2007 exchange server. Any ideas or others having this trouble? ...

trouble with rule to permanently delete email by sender
I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails. Consequently, I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from this person. However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am continuing to get (at least some) emails. So every time I get another email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to delete email from that email address. When I look at all my rules, it looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same email address. I assume t...

sending messages with attachments takes longer than usual
Hy everyone,for the last couple of days i've being trying to troubleshoot a problem on a windows 2000 network. All the workstations seem to share the same problem,if they send a message with a small attachment,there's no problem but as soon as the size of the attach reaches aproximately 400 Kbp,it takes an eternety to send the e- mail and sometimes doesn't even send it. I've being using a normal workastation winth win2000 server,and for the internet sharing i'm using wingate (i've checked the settings on the wingate's firewall and everything is set as default....

Set default "Sent Item Folder" when sending an email from Word
Hi i have 2 email account set up in Outlook 2007, on POP3 account and an IMAP account. Outlook is configured to store sent items in the Sent Items Folder of my IMAP account. When i send an email from Word 2007 (as an attachment) it is saved in Sent Items Folder of my POP3 account; it can be changed while in the email document, Options, and there changing the defualt Sent Item Folder to "default" (checked); once i do that the message is saved in the correct folder (IMAP account) otherwise it is saved in the POP3 account. Is there a way to set this option as defult? to h...

Potential Identity loss issue with hidden email addresses in Excel!
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. The sheet I received was a reworking in Excel (not sure which version) of one of mine that was from a fresh, new OpenOffice spreadsheet I had emailed earlier. No sign of the embedding in my OO 'sheet, whether viewed in OO or in Excel 2000. It seems to have crept in on her mach...

Can't send email to our domain...
Hi -- We have a client who says they can't send email to us. Can someone decode this message for me? I asked him for the bounced message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: PBen@mydomain.com on 8/10/2005 8:02 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> sounds like h...

need to be able to set security on the buttons on the custom keybo
need to be able to set security on the buttons on the custom keyboard especially the minus key . any user can refund an item. when the minus key is pressed it refunds an item this is a security issuse as the user can then press the plus symbol and the item can be refunded multiple times. these action buttons need to be locked down and potentially a report should be availble to the administrators so they can see staright away which items have which security levels assigned against them .To hard to try and track each shop as they all require different keyboards and differtent security s...