Not able to open imported accounts 4.0

We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have
an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts
that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In
essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones
that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is
there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing.
0
OldSchool (39)
12/3/2008 6:16:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

opening email client
Ho do I stop Messenger opening windows live mail. I just want it to go straight to web based email (hotmail) account. Greetings Tania, To stop this from happening you'll just have to disable the automatic signing into your Live ID from Live Mail. To do that, pop open Live Mail, press the Alt key on the keyboard to open up the menu bar, choose Tools, then Options, then Connection tab, and choose 'Stop signing in'. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Re...

formula result not able to be summed
i have multiple formulas, i want to sum the results of formulas in columns l to q, then divide them by the total, i.e. L4:L10 divided by L4:Q10. but the results in those columns are from another column if the result of that other column falls within a certain category. so if D4 is either a, b, or c then L4 = F which is a number, but the value in L4 isnt formatted as a number therefore i cannot sum the values in column L. is there a way around this? Hi If there is a formula in L4, you'll need to turn the result into a number. Try something like: =VALUE(yourformula) in there. Hope th...

cannot open anymore databases
Does anyone have any information about a message that says "Cannot Open any more databases". It seems to happen when running access 2003 and exporting a report to snapshot? ...

Exchange Queue #4
Hi guys, I have 2 Exchange 2003 with sp2 servers running on Windows 2003 w/Sp1. Between these servers is a satellite link since one of these servers is in the middle of nowhere. Now this link is not great, it suffers high latency, looking at 2,000-4,000 to do a ping to the server in the remote site. Now email is successfully delivered from the server in my main site to this remote site. However, no emails are leaving the remote site to the main site. I can do a telnet over port 25 between these 2 servers no problem. On the queue viewer the link between the remote site and the main site...

except export/import, how can I retain old users mail content
If I have changed my login account, how can I retain all my old e-mail content since it will launch a new Outlook profile according to my new login account. I need to change with many login IDs, it is posssible to change the login profile instead of import or export so that I can continue to use all my old content within outlook? How can I change the settings, please advise.. Thx a lots... George You'd need to put the .PST file in a place that's accessible to all the Windows profiles, and then point each login's Outlook profile to that ..PST file. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP ...

Pictures #4
I have several documents in Publisher and all with different pictures, jpeg and gifs, etc. About 2 months ago, I noticed that when I open the publisher files to update them, I am unable to view and pics in any of the formats. Some of the pics have a wmf extension and I have no idea how because these we once all mostly jpeg. I have looked everywhere to see how to view the pics and can't find anthing. How did this happen and where did the wmf extension come from? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Michele View, pictures, detailed display... If this doesn't work, re...

double accounting underline
I have read postings that suggested using the "double accounting underline". how do i create the double accounting underline. thanks As far as I know.... Format-->Cell, Border and choose the double-line border and put it only on the bottom of the cell. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "boomer" <boomer @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6DB5BC1-F288-44D9-A0B4-36DCA1C84BB4@microsoft.com... >I have read postings that suggested using the "double accounting >underline". > how do i create the double accounting under...

Sharing Outlook #4
Hi: I Have Outlook on 2 computers at home and would like them to share the same folders, so that when I open outlook on one computer it has all the mail received or sent on the other ... and vice versa. They did it at work but I don't know how to do it here. I'd like to do the same thing for the Outlook News reader too. thx wayne ...

Importing From Eudora 4.3.2 into Outlook 2003
I have imported my email from Eudora and have encountered a few problems: 1. No sent date is shown for any sent mail. If any date is shown it is the date that the mail was imported. 2. It would not import my addresses. 3. It would not show the attachment for any sent mail (but does for the in box only - not even received mail that was placed in another folder). All these attachments show an "Attachment Converted:" message. 4. For my sent forlder ONLY, all my sent mail shows all the control characters such as "<br> <br> &nbsp;&nbsp; .... This does not ...

import new tasks from CSV?
Is it possible to import new tasks from a CSV? I have worked out how to modify tasks in a csv and import them in to modify the exisiting tasks,.... but is it possible to import brand new tasks? Regards Ian Hi Ian, Yes, it's possible to import brand new task from a csv. But setting the regarding field will be challenge, probably you need to use the automap feature. Which means your column name in your CSV must be the same as the display name on the task form. The default import tool in CRM doesn't have great flexibility in linking up the record. Try to use the Data migration t...

Locked out of Exchange Administrator/directory for site, changed system account
Hello, I administer a single Exch 5.5 organization with two sites, one server per site. In Exchange Administrator, while connected to one of the servers, I must have inadvertantly removed a permission from the one-and-only system account configured for each site. Now when I start Exch Administrator in my default site I get the following error: A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer 'name' You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS I can connect ...

Importing into Outlook 2003 from Excel (ss created in Office 2000)
Am having difficulty Importing data into Outlook/ Contacts 2003 from an older spreadsheet created in Office 2000. Everything in steps to import works except the actual transfer of data: e.g., the first field in the Excel spreadsheet ("City" field) imports correctly into Contacts (without any of the other imported fields). Then blank records are added for as many records there are in the next field: "Company" name. Have cleared all Flags during the Import/Export function in Outlook and am totally stumped as to how to fix. Thanks so much for the help. Rebel ...

Multiple POP3 email accounts??
I have 2 POP3 email accounts setup on Outlook 2003, POPaccount#1 and POPaccount#2 By default Outlook downloads all of the email from both accounts into the same inbox. How do I get Outlook to download the emails for the 2 accounts, POPaccount#1 and POPaccount#2 into 'separate' inboxes? Example: Inbox1 , Inbox2 I tried creating a folder "inbox2", but when I go to: tools/options/mail setup/send-recieve/edit: the folder "inbox2" does not show up as an option. I tried creating separate (.pst) files for the 2 accounts, but outlook seems to only be able to downloa...

cant open Excel 2000 workbook with macros in XP
H I cant open any excel spreadsheats with macros that were made previously the come up saying this has a macro from 4 cant open in high security environmen Can anyone help????????????? Try changing the security settings on the xp excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Murray Thompson" <murree@value.net.nz> wrote in message news:BE2D0018-BF40-4EF8-9394-390534E1AFB5@microsoft.com... > Hi > I cant open any excel spreadsheats with macros that were made previously the come up saying this has a macro from 4 cant open in high security environment > Can a...

Importing email addresses into Outlook 2003
When I import my Earthlink mailbox csv Excel file into Outlook 2003, my email addresses do not appear in my Outlook contact list, even though they appear when I open the Excel csv file. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem, short of manually entering the email address. Did you manually map the email field when you were importing your CSV file or did you assume it would pick the right field? Karl -- __________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 "Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2...

Import Outlook's calandar into Access
Hello! Is it possible to import a view of Outlook's calandar into an access form? I'm able to have a plug in using the activex "Microsoft Outlook View Control" Is there another plugin to view the Calandar folder of Outlook? Thanks for any suggestion See my response to your other post on this issue. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Warrio" <warrio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4214a1c1$0$3414$5...

Question regarding importing from Access to outlook
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C4369F.E0F57860 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_000C_01C4369F.E0F57860" ------=_NextPart_001_000C_01C4369F.E0F57860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a list in access that I would like to import to my outlook = calendar. I have expiry dates and client names that I want to import = only. How can I do this? thanks ------=_NextPart_001_000C_01C4369F.E0F57860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Wi...

unable to open attachments in public folders
If I try to open an attached file from a public folder I get an error saying It cannot write and to check my perssions, I have owner rights to the public folder that the I am having problems with. I can make new posting with attachment and can view them fine, in the same folder. but I have serveral posting's that I cannot get to with the same problem as above. Exchange 2003, same problem OWA or local outlook 2002 client. I have seen this before, and the quickest solution was to delete the item and re-add it to the folder. On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:46:02 -0700, "rich_coast&quo...

Cannot open Windows mail 02-28-10
I have been running IE8 vista on my Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get a message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it keeps happening, any suggestions? It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is doing that to it "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:287C4A5C-85C6-4C29-A9A9-6EF9ADD79BC1@microsoft.com... >I have been ru...

Integration Manager and Analytical Accounting #3
Hi, Has anyone used integration manager to update General Ledger transactions that include Analytical Analysis information? We have volumes of transactions in excel with analysis (grants, projects & locations) that we need to integrate to GL. Any suggestions? Patrick There is no off-the-shelf adapter for Analytical Accounting in Integration Manager. Microsoft's solution is to use eConnect, which adds a lot of complexity. You may not want to buy more software to solve a problem caused by what you already own. However, you might consider a product from eOne Solutions (develo...

Writing Custom Import Filters
Hi all, I wondered if there is a method to write my own custom import filters... On the same principle like you would File > Get External Data > Import, and then select the type of file to import (this will be mostly TXT (delimited or fixed length or Excel). In case of text file you get the advanced feature, where you can manualy change code page, fieldnames and data types. That is okay, but in Excel I always get those "auto-chosen" datatypes. That is, if the filter detects a numerical value in the first two records then it assumes that all values are numerical, which in...

Easy way to view account activity?
I have a user who is used to working with Goldmine. This product had a useful feature whereby a person could see all the activity on accounts in a certain territory for a given date. So if administrators had been dealing with accounts owned by this person, he could check up on what had happened and see if he needed to take any action. Is there a simple way to do this in CRM 3.0? He would like to be able to see any changes to accounts of a given territory on a given date. Thanks Grant If by activity you mean an activity entity such as appointments you can query this using the advan...

email account 02-28-10
I am having trouble setting this account up. I just don't understand anything about POP3 or POP1 servers. Can you please help First, you need to have a Yahoo PLUS account - the one you pay for. Do you have that - or the free one? If you only have the free one, you can only use the webmail access, not Windows Mail. "tonya kelley" <tkelley731@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OQ0Jm7MuKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am having trouble setting this account up. I just don't understand > anything about POP3 or POP1 servers. Can you please he...

Outlook will not open, error 1402
Hi all, My outlook 2003 is acting up. It will do one of two things. Most of the time it will not open(unless I restart the machine) and when it does open after a restart it gives me an error 1402. I cannot find any information on this in the knowledge base and I have already tried to do a detect/repair on the software. Any ideas? thanks, fil ...

Not able to rReplying HTML e-mails.
Hi. We are using Outlook 2003 fully patched with Exchange 2003 server. One of my users experiences an odd situation. When replying a HTML formatted e-mail, the user is not able to write anything in the text field. Have to convert the e-mail to plain text before typing the response. Any idea what is happening? Hope there is someone that can help me. Thank you in advance Dag N Does it happen with all HTML or just certain messages? Is the user trying to type above the message or inserting comments into the text? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.o...