non owner adding attendees to an activity hangs calendar

Any time we have a non owner of an activity adding a contact as a required or
as an optional attendee to an activity in CRM, the calendar and the service
calendar both hang - not just for that user, but for the entire organization,
until an issreset is performed.  Also an error pops up with a generic
database fault message, not very descriptive.  Previous attempts at
stopping/restarting services resulted in hanging services.  This seems like a
software bug - unhandled permissions error or something maybe?  Any thought
or ideas are welcome on what we should do to get this issue resolved.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Message Rules are getting added but not applied
I have recently switched to Outlook 2007 from Windows-Mail (WM). One of my beefs is, adding/creating message rules seems much more complicated in Outlook than in WM. For example, I don't understand things like "Stop processing more rules" whose check-box gets automatically checked when I check the "Permanently delete it" check-box. But the BIG problem I'm having right now is that I'm creating rules okay (and can see they've been added when I list them via Message Rules), but they're not getting applied some if not all of the time - email...

Password to activate macro
I have a shared workbook that has a macro i want to protect. Does anyon know of a way of doing this in either of the following ways: 1. When the macro is activated a MSGBOX asks for a password. or 2. When the macro is activated it checks the Excel user name and if i matches the user name in the macro it continues with the macro otherwise it displays a not authorised message. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi pput the following at the beginning of your macro sub foo() dim ret ret = Inputbox ("Enter your password") if ret <> "your_password&qu...

last added line always visible in listbox
Hello I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many new lines. Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. Is some simple way to do this ? "tio" <tomjey@wp.pl> wrote in message news:1155909533.593851.160030@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); > I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many > new lines. > Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. > Is some simple way to do this ? > Maybe a...

adding something so a spreadsheet can be emailed as an attachment
I would like to add something visual on a spreadsheet (which is an order form) so after my customers have filled it out they can SIMPLY click a "button" and it will automatically send to my email address the completed spreadsheet as an attachment, IS this possible? Thanks Vid Is it possible to assign a Macro to do something like this ? Maybe you could add a button from the Forms toolbar and assign a macro that does the emailing. Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code that may help. If you have followup questions, you may want to include as much info as you know about your custom...

toolbar is not getting resized while adding and removing text to buttons of toolbar
hai all, i actually created three Image lists and added bitmap array to each of them then added to toolbar as shown below-> m_wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl().SetImageList ( &m_ImageListToolbar ) ; wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl() .SetDisabledImageList ( &m_ImageListDisabledToolbar ) ; m_wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl() .SetHotImageList ( &m_ImageListRolloverToolbar ) ; now i was asked to remove are add text to buttons of toolbar depending on the option which is placed as a check box in the dialog. i am invoking that dialog from CWinApp derived class. for that i...

AD connection
How do I configure Outlook 2000 to see the Active Directory user info - I would like to use AD as my global email address book for the company. ...

Posting Master Calendar
We are running Win2000 advanced server. Does anyone know how we can post the district Master Calendar without having File and Print Sharing enabled? In the past that is how the Secretary posted calendar events using Outlook 2000. We do not want File and Print sharing used anymore. Thank you. LadyTech wrote: > We are running Win2000 advanced server. Does anyone know > how we can post the district Master Calendar without > having File and Print Sharing enabled? In the past that > is how the Secretary posted calendar events using Outlook > 2000. We do not want File an...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Calendar Series
Hello, I am trying to setup a workflow for our Sales Process and I'm trying to setup a calendar series with no luck. I need a reoccuring task to come up every week until an Opportunity is closed. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you, Luke Davis, MCSE: Security Hey Luke: This might work but I haven't tested it. Create a new workflow rule for the OnCreate event of Opportunity and add these workflow lines: Wait for 5 day(s) If Opportunity.Status = Open then Task: Whatever end if -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect http://www.unislumin.com Microsoft...

CRASH
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Dear All, I have a big problem, my word 2008 (Student ed.) is crashing (hang) consistently when I add a footnote to a document. Is there any fix? Does anyone is experiencing the same behaviour? Crash log is not very helpful... Date/Time: 2008-03-13 18:35:53 +0100 OS Version: 10.5.2 (Build 9C31) Architecture: i386 Report Version: 4 Command: Word Path: /Applications/Office/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word Version: 12.0.1 (12.0.1) Build Version: 0 Project Name: (null) Source Version: 80305 Parent: la...

adding header file problem
Does anyone know why or how to prevent the contents (structures / functions) of a header file from being displayed in the workspace's class window, after it has been added to a project with the "Add to Project" then "Files" from the "Project" menu button. Or it this not the correct way to add header files to a project. THere might be some directive to do this, but it is that nature of the class view to display this information, so I doubt there is a way to suppress it. joe On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:52:29 GMT, "cdg" <anyone@anywhere.com...

Sort By Account Name in Activities
Does anyone know if this is possible? I have tried customising through : http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}but this only allows you to add 6 field names that i don't want. Is there a way to add "Company Name" to the list of columns i can add or is there another way around this?ThanksSimon ...

Adding SMTP Server after Exchange installation
I wanted to have multiple SMTP services running. After installing Exchange 2003 I change the port on the SMTP service inside Exchange system manager to port 2025. Then I added a new SMTP service using Internet Information Services, and configured that for port 25. My problem is that as soon as I clicked 'ok' after added the second smtp service, I can no longer get in to configure it. The service does not appear in the Internet Information Services list or the Exchange list. I can verify it is running by connecting to port2025 the exchange smtp responds, and port25 the smt...

Share Calendar and see other users Appointments
Hi, It is probably a rookie question but i hope that someone has mercy and answers this with some tips or pointers to assist me to make this work. We did switch from goldmine to MSCRM. The biggest issue we have now is that it seems that users can only access their own calendars. I was able to make an appointment for another user that want to join the meeting but if there is already a meeting schedule then there is no waring. Also the assistant can not pull up the supervisors calendar to schedule appointments for him. Basically we have a small sales team and 2 people that make the appo...

Can you create calendars in Excel from data?
I am looking for a way to use the data entered in Excel to make an actual calendar. Is this possible or does Excel not have this functionality? ...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

How do I stop 'Reply All' adding my address?
When I 'reply all' to an email, my address is added to the recipient list. I don't want to be included so how do I stop Outlook doing this? (My version is 2003) ...

outlook automatically adds calendar appoinments as 'tentative'
Outlook 2003 is automatically adding all appointments to my calendar as "tentative". I would like to turn this feature off. This is not the same feature under Tools / Options / Calendar Options / Resource Scheduling (which I currently have disabled)... this appears to be a feature that was introduced in Outlook 2003 SP2. After much searching, it appears the only way to disable this 'feature' is to turn off the reading pane... which is not an option for me. Does anyone have any way of turning this feature off? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks -NG NaturesGraffiti@g...

Adding hours scheduled for week
I have created a work schedule with start/end time cells formated hh;mm AM/PM. The "total hours scheduled" cell is formated [h]:mm. I need a formula for the "total" cell that will add the weekly shifts. Ex; Monday 10-5 + Tuesday 12-8 etc. equals 15:00 I've tried to SUM (time out-time in) and it will work for one day, but I can't figure out how to add the remaining work days - all it get is errors. Please help! It would be useful if you showed us the formula you were using. Excel treats times as numbers, so all arithmetic operations work on them...

Excel leave calendar
Does anybody know where I can get or a tutorial to do a staff works annual leave calendar. Thanks Nigel ...

Calendar meeting invites being rejected

Calendar-how do I keep a different background colour 4 each month
In process of doing a calendar for 2006. I want a different background color for each month, but everytime I change a color, it changes the background for every month. This is the first time I've used Publisher, but I simply can't find how to stabilise the page. Any tips would be great. Ungroup the objects, manually re-fill rather than using the color schemes. Time consuming but it works. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "frankie" <frankie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

AfxOleInit() and CoInitializeEx in a non-GUI thread ?
Hi all, I'm currently trying to make sense of a DCOM interface in an app of ours. The COM server is run via STA (COINT_APARTMENTTHREADED) and we were thinking of changing it to MTA (COINT_MULTITHREADED). The interface exists to control certain aspects of the app from another program and doesn't do anything with the GUI of the app. Imagine an interface like this: library OurFooLib { interface IOurFoo : IDispatch { HRESULT SetClientName([in] long ClientID, [in] BSTR ClientName); HRESULT GetOpenProject([in] long ClientID, [out, retval] BSTR *pValue); ...

CRM 3.0 Problem Adding License
I am trying to add a NEW license to an existing 10U CRM 3.0 Pro server installation. I got that key from our MSDN subscription. We are a Gold Certified partner. However, the License Manager has DELETE and UPGRADE licenses both grayed out and I cannot add any new licenses. Each time I try, I get the error "a server license has already been added". I can't even delete the existing license to add a new one. I have tried closing all client connections and disabling the server and that too makes no difference. I have also tried to register, assuming that these options may ...

Adding Dates
I have a field with arrival date then a field with days and another field with departure date. I enter a date in the arrival date field, then I put in how many days as a number in the days field and using a Macro command on exit I want the departure date to show automatically the arrival date plus the days. How do I do it ? On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:58:48 +0200, Ange Kappas wrote: > I have a field with arrival date then a field with days and another field > with departure date. I enter a date in the arrival date field, then I put in > how many days as a number in the days fiel...