No records in ContactExntensionBase table

We imported over 40,000 contacts into ContactBase table in CRM 3 but not a
single a  record was created in ContactExtensionBase table.  Why??   If we
manually created a contact then records are found in both tables.  Any idea?
Please help.

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

ContactExtensionBase table is used for custom fields for Contact.

I'm not clear what you mean by importing contacts into ContactBase table.
Did you insert record to ContactBase table manually or did you import
contacts through CRM SDK or some other methods?

For getting record when you manually create a contact using CRM, if you have
added custom field to Contact, you will get record to ContactExtensionBase
table.

Thanks,

~Boyoung

Software Development Engineer

Microsoft CRM SE

"HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We imported over 40,000 contacts into ContactBase table in CRM 3 but not a
> single a  record was created in ContactExtensionBase table.  Why??   If we
> manually created a contact then records are found in both tables.  Any
> idea?
> Please help.
>
> Thanks.

0
Boyoung
9/29/2006 6:12:04 AM
We wrote a script (insert into  CRM......  select from SF) to import   data
into ContactBase and ContactExtension tables but only records in ContactBase
table got populated.  A work-around or fix for now is to manually create
ContactID records in ContactExtensionBase first.  Here is what we did.
(Insert into ContactExtensionBase (ContactID) select ContactID from
ContactBase ).   Thanks for your effor Boyoung!

"Boyoung Ko" wrote:

> ContactExtensionBase table is used for custom fields for Contact.
>
> I'm not clear what you mean by importing contacts into ContactBase table.
> Did you insert record to ContactBase table manually or did you import
> contacts through CRM SDK or some other methods?
>
> For getting record when you manually create a contact using CRM, if you have
> added custom field to Contact, you will get record to ContactExtensionBase
> table.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~Boyoung
>
> Software Development Engineer
>
> Microsoft CRM SE
>
> "HEC" <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We imported over 40,000 contacts into ContactBase table in CRM 3 but not a
> > single a  record was created in ContactExtensionBase table.  Why??   If we
> > manually created a contact then records are found in both tables.  Any
> > idea?
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thanks.

recording changes
I have a field called "TimeStamp" What I would like is that if someone modifiys or make any change in the form that the "TimeStamp" will record the time and date of change. How can this be achieved? sandrao In an event procedure in the form's AfterUpdate event, you could do something like: Me!txtYourTimeStampField = Now() Note that if you use the BeforeUpdate event, every time your code changes the value of this field, the form tries to update, the BeforeUpdate (re-)triggers, and you "loop up" (at least, it seems to me I've seen this...)...

Possible to Look Up Records by Initials?
I have a user who's telling me that prior to this weekend in CRM, she could lookup user records by initials rather than typing in part of the name. I don't see where that setting would have been marked in CRM. Has anyone else heard of this? If so, how did you implement this type of search customization/configuration? Steps to recreate problem: Account screen Account Owner field's magnifying glass Assign Account Assign to another user fields magnifiying glass Look Up Records' Look For field = initials of user you're attempting to Find. I doubt you can use the init...

How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages. E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this. You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase". Then, in the cell where you put the f...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Suggest a solution
Hi all. I have a table named Articles that has the fields: ArticleID, ArticleName, Price and so on.... What I want to do is to make a new table that would hold some related Property records for each article. For example... Color, Weight, Length,.. This is not a problem, but what I want is to be able to change fields names for the second table (like PropertyID, PropertyName) and be able to search among those values from query. This is the most important part: ---------------------------------------------------------------- I would like to have them as a field in query from ...

Recording ownership in an LLC partnership
I'm a partner in an LLC company and would like to track my ownership interest in Money 2004. It's not "real" obvious how I might go about this, particularly ... What account type should be used? How do I record my portion of the profits earned, for which I'm am personally taxed? How do I record the gain in ownership value these profits provided when I haven't necessarily received them in cash? How do I record a portion of these profits as received in cash when they aren't dividends but distributions? I'd prefer to use an investment oriented approach rather ...

auto filter data within pivot table
Hello, Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? Can we do that? It doesnt seems to work?! Thanks. Elaine. You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot table's data. To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on the Excel toolbar. elaine wrote: > Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort > the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? > Can we do that? > > It doesnt se...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

Pivot Table with Quarter Subtotals across the top
Hello, I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by date across the top from left to right. I would love to insert a subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last three months. As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the pivot table. Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07? Thanks in advance, Dza In 2007- Select any date heading, on the options ribbon click Group Field in the Group g...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

Sorting records in the Report Design View
Currently, I use "Sorting and Grouping" tool in the Report Design View to create group headers so that I can group my data accordingly. However, I would like to know if I can apply a custom sort order. For example, the field name that I want to group is "Region". I have records of "East", "North", "South", and "West". Is there a way that I can order by "North", "South", "East", and "West" instead? If I use the "Sorting and Grouping" tool, it won't work because it only accepts a...

records in current month
Hi I want to use a query that returns records in the current month from a date field, but cant work the query out - anyone help please Thanks Alec Set the criteria under the date field to: Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0) -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "alecgreen" wrote: > Hi > > I want to use a query that returns records in the current month from a > date field, but cant work the query out - anyone help please > > Thanks > > Alec > > ...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

How to purge all the Integration Manager log tables?
I went through and purged all the log files from Integration Manager using the procedure outlined in the IM User's Guide. However, after I was finished I looked at the tables in the im.mdb Access database and noticed that the following tables still have quite a few records in them: LogDocumentActivity LogActivity LogDocuments The Log table was empty, which makes sense since I purged all the logs. However, these other tables seem to have retained their records. Is there a way to purge these tables, too? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 B...

Show me these records
Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains street name of "ivycrest" and I have multiple streets. How do I do this? Please help? MS Access has records and MS Excel has columns. You would use a Query in MS Access and Find in MS Excel. Tammy wrote: > Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. > > I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains > street name of "ivycrest" > > and I have multiple st...

Record of attached file
Does anybody know how to make Outlook 2002 automatically insert the file name (of the file that is attached to the e-mail) at the bottom of the body of the message? example: <<test.xls>> Outlook Rich Text - files inserted in the body where the insertion point it. Plain Text - files inserted in window below the message body. HTML - files inserted in header just below the subject. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

Visible for Current Record
Hi Groupies I have a subform that is set as continuous, the Employee ID field is set to not visible. What I would like is that when a user clicks on a name field for one of the subform records, the corresponding Employee ID becomes visible but only for that one record. When the focus moves to a different record the ID becomes invisible again and visible on the record that now has the focus. I have been able to make the ID field show up for all of the records in the subform but not just the one I am on. -- Thanks for the brainwaves! CJ -------------------- I blame the parents Well...

how to maintain of trace of record ownership?
Hi all, One of users will be out of the office for a longer period of time, hence she assigns her records (e.g. opportunities) to other users. Is there a way to build up record history for this? So that the records can later on be easily returned to the original owner. In other words, does MS CRM provide tracing of records? Thank you for replying. Basman Basman, The bad news is, CRM does not provide a way to trace assignment changes out of the box. (In fact, this is one of those strange areas where they don't even pass it through the post-callout mechanism.) If you have the Profe...

Extract from a table a value by interpolating
Hi, I'm a new with fancy things in excell and would very much appreciate the help. I have a table from which I want to extract values, but I want those values to be interpolated from what is in the table. How can I do that? Thanks, Maria hi, this is how i do it. Lets say your table is at A12 to B20 make another column at column C with this equaition =(B14-B13)/(A14-A13) A B C 12 2.000 1.000 0.5 13 4.000 2.000 1.0 14 6.000 4.000 1.0 15 8.000 6.000 1.0 16 10.000 8.000 1.0 17 12.000 10.000 1.0 18 14.000 12.000 1.0 19 16.000 14.00...

Pivot table seems to round my figures up!
I have a pivot table that works very nicely except for one thing - th data has come through all rounded up e.g. in the data source sheet one column has the following figures: 0.69 0.94 1 but when I create the pivot table it shows all the data as 1 I have formatted all the source cells as number wit 2 decimals and als the numbers cells in the pivot table - now they look like 1.00 I really need to be able to show the 0.69 and 0.94 as well as the 1.00 Is this possible please? Many thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RaeHippyChick, Make sure that you are...