No attribute when adding parent customer to person

we see this message quite frequently.  We add a new business, fill out all
the data.  Create a new person and when we add the company in the parent
company field and save we get a no attribute error.  Usually I will delete
the person and recreate the person and it works.  However this person has
opened a new company and we do not want to lose the old links.
0
JohnWilt (10)
8/6/2008 4:58:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi John,

Can you provide the error message to us? or do you have access to the
server event viewer? Do you see any errors there? If so can you please
post the message here as well so we can help further.

Thanks!

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Aug 6, 11:58=A0am, John Wilt <JohnW...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> we see this message quite frequently. =A0We add a new business, fill out =
all
> the data. =A0Create a new person and when we add the company in the paren=
> company field and save we get a no attribute error. =A0Usually I will del=
ete
> the person and recreate the person and it works. =A0However this person h=
as
> opened a new company and we do not want to lose the old links.

0
darrenliu (251)
8/6/2008 5:22:31 PM
There are no messages in the event viewer for the server around the time the
transaction occurs.  The error message is a large box with a red X that says
no attribute.  No other info is given.

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Can you provide the error message to us? or do you have access to the
> server event viewer? Do you see any errors there? If so can you please
> post the message here as well so we can help further.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Crowe
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>
> On Aug 6, 11:58 am, John Wilt <JohnW...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > we see this message quite frequently.  We add a new business, fill out all
> > the data.  Create a new person and when we add the company in the parent
> > company field and save we get a no attribute error.  Usually I will delete
> > the person and recreate the person and it works.  However this person has
> > opened a new company and we do not want to lose the old links.

0
JohnWilt (10)
8/6/2008 6:52:00 PM
Hi John,

You might need to do enable Developer error to see what field is
missing, to enable developer error. Go to the Web.Config on your
server for the CRM application. Turn DevError from Off to On, Save the
file and do an IISRESET. Try to re-create the problem again to see if
you get any useful error messages. We need to know what error before
proceeding to the next step.

On Aug 6, 1:52=A0pm, John Wilt <JohnW...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> There are no messages in the event viewer for the server around the time =
the
> transaction occurs. =A0The error message is a large box with a red X that=
 says
> no attribute. =A0No other info is given.
>

> "Darren Liu" wrote:
> > Hi John,
>
> > Can you provide the error message to us? or do you have access to the
> > server event viewer? Do you see any errors there? If so can you please
> > post the message here as well so we can help further.
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> > Crowe
> >http://www.crowecrm.com
>
> > On Aug 6, 11:58 am, John Wilt <JohnW...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > we see this message quite frequently. =A0We add a new business, fill =
out all
> > > the data. =A0Create a new person and when we add the company in the p=
arent
> > > company field and save we get a no attribute error. =A0Usually I will=
 delete
> > > the person and recreate the person and it works. =A0However this pers=
on has
> > > opened a new company and we do not want to lose the old links.- Hide =
quoted text -

darrenliu (251)
8/7/2008 1:33:03 PM
I have turned on DevError and recreated the error, repeatedly!!  Nothing
shows in the event log of the server or on my machine.  This error is no
machine specific, it happens on both Vista and XP.
I did restart IIS after making the DevError change.
0
JohnWilt (10)
8/7/2008 2:43:01 PM
Apparently this is a known bug and according to this thread:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&tid=21737798-e742-4ae9-abbc-6d7d0e99ebe8&cat=en_US_f9cb8267-48ed-4f92-9f39-209bbcb29eb1&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1
MS is working on a hotfix for the "No Attribute" problem.

Perhaps someone from Microsoft can confirm this?

Regards,
Kevin Dosseray

"John Wilt" wrote:

> I have turned on DevError and recreated the error, repeatedly!!  Nothing
> shows in the event log of the server or on my machine.  This error is no
> machine specific, it happens on both Vista and XP.
> I did restart IIS after making the DevError change.
0
Dossies (19)

Custom resources times in 07
I can't find where to set the available times on a resource room. For instance if the conference room A is only available from 9:00am to 5:00pm on a daily basis, where can I control this to ensure meeting are not scheduling at 8:00am? I thought in 03 you would open the resource mailbox and set this in calender options from within the Outlook client, is that the same case here? I would be lead to believe not, since the AD user is disabled as a result of it being a resource. Thanks I think I have the answer under Managing Resource Scheduling Any advice on this procedure would be appr...

series graph -- one series being added to another series
I have a graph with three series all pulling from another spread sheet. the first series plots correctly on the y axis the second series plots higher up on the y axis instead of at corresponding values on the y axis. It appears the second series is being added to the first and plotted at the combined values. when I look at the plot point for the second series; for example $25000 is being plotted at $50000 on the Y axis even though it is saying $25000. Help me please!!!!!!! -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Assuming you're using a column chart, check to see if you've cho...

Migrating a Contat From Global Address list to Personal
Im trying to migrate a contact from My Global address list to my Personal contacts. Wont seem to let me do it. I don't receive any error messages, just will not happen. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Chaoos ...

Using Acces data in to send personalized letter
we have created an access database with names address etc; the input screen works ok for these fields BUT we want to be able to input the required data then have extra buttons that will allow the printing of a personalized letter for the data just input/onscreen and save it at the same time, and a separate button incase we just want ot save but not print. Sorry if you guys think it's simple but we are very new to this. Regards Adrian Hi Adrian, There are a number of ways you could print a personalized letter. You could create a Report each time and copy the record data to the relev...

Change a personal account to business account
can't someone advice how to change a personal bank account to business account? hi kura- I can assume your Money flavor is Home & Business? Go to your Account List window. On the left hand navigation menu select "Organize business accounts and categories". This page presents you with your business account tree. From this page you can add or remove your business accounts. Hope this helped. "kura" wrote: > can't someone advice how to change a personal bank account to business account? ...

Icons on Customized Toolbar
does anyone know where i can find more icon options for my customized toolbar (16x16 pixels)? excel provides about 30 default images but i'm looking for some more specific objects. thanks much, tami Excel provides many more command button images than the 30 or so that are displayed on the customization dialog. You can assign any of Excel's hundreds of button faces to you command button. E.g., Btn.FaceID = 1234 Associating a FaceID value with an icon image could be tedious, but John Walkenbach has a nice add-in at http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/identifying_...

macro
I have several columns in an income sheet. One column has a sum at the bottom. I want to be able to run a simple macro that will copy the last row of formatted cells, just above the sum total, and insert it as a new row just above the sum total so another line of data can be input. But I want the sum total to sum also the newly inserted row. Presently I can't figure out how to do it. Example A B C 1 24 Oct Dollars In $100 2 25 Oct Dollars out $25 3 Total ...

Adding to VLOOKUP table
I have a table to which I have added 2 further columns I have a formula which looks up colums 2 and 3 when I key data in column 1 =if(trim(a23)="","",vlookup(a23,scanner_table,2,0)) The new data I want to select is in column 5 so =if(trim(a24)="","",vlookup(a24,scanner_table,5,0)) to which I get the raspberry #REF I am sure this must be very basic but sometimes I can't see the wood for trees Any comments would be much appreciated. Hi Billy Have you extended the range definition for scanner_table to include the additional 2 columns? Regards R...

Invites not being added to diaries when accepted (Outlook 2007)
When sending out monthly invites the invites are not all being added to the diaries when accepted. Also on changing one single invite on a recurrence it seems to change all other invites. On another matter, is there a way of adding multiple dates on diary invites rather than daily, weekly or monthly, i.e. for meetings that follow no pattern. Thanks "janmd" <jdonbavand@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:f10ffd05-0e31-4fbf-afb2-7e011431fb34@w19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... > When sending out monthly invites the invites are not all being added > to the di...

adding menu bar to dialog box
how to add menu bar to a dialog based application? thanks in advance anju wrote: > how to add menu bar to a dialog based application? > thanks in advance Google search give the result. see here: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-121303.html Create a menu. Add it to the dialog by setting the Menu property of the dialog box. If the dialog is resizeable, see this article: http://www.flounder.com/msdn_documentation_errors_and_omissions.htm#CWnd::CalcWindowRect joe On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 02:05:10 -0700 (PDT), anju <patil.anju@gmail.com> wrote: >how to add men...

multiple personal and archive folders
Somehow I have come up with multiple Personal Folders (2) and both seem to be active since I can't close or rename either. The archive folders point to different locations and I can close or rename either. How did I manage to do this and how can I simplify it? Thanks. I've got exactly the same problem, went to the microsoft site ....http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011170471033.aspx but proved to be useless. They didn't even have links to where our problem could be dealt with I generally find that i have more luck by googling 9 times out of 10. Like you b...

Inconsistent behaviour of attributes accessed through structured r
I have a table that represents information in an outline structure. The table has two columns, "Level" and "Requirement" that look like this- Level Requirement 1 Top Level 2 Next Level 2 Next Level again 3 Further sublevel 2 Back to Level 2 Now, what I want to two functions that will- 1) Set the indents of the "Requirements" column based on the level numbers, or- 2) Se the Level numbers based on the indents of the Requirements column. Sounds easy, And one way it is! Can anyo...

Basic questions about Personal vs. Offline folders
I've done some reading and research but cannot seem to find a concise solution to my dilema. I use a Microsoft Exchange server for Outlook. 1. I would like to be able to read my mail offline when I don't have access to the server 2. I would also like to be able to limit the amount of mail on the server. >From what I have read, Offline folders would be a good solution for #1 but not for #2, because offline folders need to be sync'ed with the server from time to time. Personal folders sound like a solution to #2 but not to #1. Am I misinformed? Is there a solution that will sat...

Custom Contact form / Flagged for follow up Problem
I created a custom contact form, adding several user defined fields. If I Flag a contact record for follow up, and then select the item from the list of tasks to be done displayed by the Task folder, the original default contact form, without my needed additional user defined fields is displayed. How do I make the custom contact form be displayed when I click on a flagged item? Outlook version? Are you up-to-date on service packs and hotfixes for your version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and A...

Customization Associated View for Activity
Hi all, As everybody knows it is not possible to customize the entity "Activity"...However are we able to modify in CRM the associated view for the activities? It seems not...;-( For instance by default the associated view of activities for an account are Object activity, Type and Statut. I would just add in the associate view the creation date or the created by. Is that possible? Otherwise is there a workaround for this problem without creating a new form? Thanks in advance for your answer. Regards Not possible with current version. Use c360's Activity Summary i...

Mapping a flow by assigning parent/child IDs
New to visio... Can you map a flow in Visio by assigning data by parent/child IDs? For example: I want to create text that offers selections (Do you want assistance? Yes, No). Depending on the user's selection, they link to a specific shape (child) containing more text with additional selections. This flow may change weekly by adding or deleting shapes. Rather than rearranging and linking the shapes, can you just enter parent/child data, and then Visio will update the text and remap the flow? If Visio can't do this, is there any software that can? Holly ...

Twin Personal Folders
In the Folders List in Outlook 2003, I have a twin Personal Folders showing. The second is ide ntical with the first (including all sub-folders) and anything I do in Outlook is mirrored in both! I checked everything I could think of in Data Files and Options, but cannot set this right. There is only one Personal Folders listed in Data Files anyway! It does not hamper operations at all but is just a bit disconcerting. This suddenly came up from a few days ago - earlier I could see only one Personal Folders with all sub-folders listed under it. Any insight would be much appreciated. Re...

personal.xls not starting from xlstart
Recently had my Office upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. Since switching, my Personal.xls will not start up automatically. I've tried it from both the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel location and the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART folders. xl2002+ have the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks. They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them. If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled Items...". Check under there to see if...

Delete persons from the to field i Outlook 2002
Hello, How do I delete a name from my automatic drop down menu in the to field. If I send a mail to fx. microsoft@microsoft.com, the next time I write mic... in the to field, the drop down menu keeps the address in the list. How do I delete this name again. Best regards Kim ...

"Customized Screen Display" (CTRL-F6) intended to work this way
If I initiate the Touch Screen display in Store Operations POS (by CTRL-F6, set up the desired displays, and then OK) and then scan in an item for sale, a dialog pops up asking to accept requested, backorder, etc. After clicking or pointing to 'accept requested' the item is added to the list of items in the 'body section' but the Touch Screen menus disappear. I need to use CTRL-F6 to get the Touch Display Menus back on Screen. Have I set up the system wrong or is the normal? Thanks in Advance Kent Smith RMSrookie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Help with Custom Views for Public Folder
Hi, apologies for reposting this as a new document I want to create a custom view for a public folder (so that the folder doesn't show up with the default set of columns but with the custom defined one). I received the reply below but I still cannot figure out how to do this. How do I create a view? Do I do it through Outlook or through Exchange System Manager? Do I find these options under Properties for the folder or is it done some other way? thanks christos ----------------------- To force users to see a custom view when they open a public folder: -- Create the custom vi...

Copy AD account results in no mailbox?
I tried to create a new user account in Server 2003 so I copied the account of someone who would have the same permissions. The problem is now I can't seem to find an option to create a mailbox. Under "Exchange Tasks" the only option I get is "Remove Exchange Attributes". How can I create a mailbox for this new user? Did you create the user on a Domain Controller or server that had the AD tool on it but did not have the Exchange System Manager on it? That happens in my environment, so I have to be sure to only create users on a server that has the ESM installed. ...

New AD accounts and mailboxes in Exchange 2003
I are in the process of moving away from SBS2003. We have bought three servers, Dell PowerEdge 2800, where the functions will be: 1) DC running ISA2004 2) Additonal DC running Exchange 3) Additional DC acting as a fileserver on the network These are setup on an isolated network. I have noticed, when I create a new account, the email address it gives to the user by default is: name@<domain>.local instead of name@domain.co.uk for email purposes. The name@<domain>.local is the internal or local email address in exchange for realying messages internally. How can I get this am...

Outlook Today View
In the Outlook Today view there is a button entitled "Customize Outlook Today." When I hit this button nothing happens. Anyone seen that behavior before? See if the following KB article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net ...

insert control to parent at reverse order.
Hello. I see that, when insert controls to the same parent on the following way : control1.parent = commonParent control2.parent = commonParent commonParent.controls(0) ' this is coltrol1 commonParent.controls(1) ' this is control2 But, when I am doing so on design time, the order is reversed (and that what's I need). commonParent.controls(0) ' this is coltrol2 commonParent.controls(1) ' this is control1 How can I insert into the parent, the controls with reverse-order? Thanks :) Design time and runtime is not different in VB versions newer th...