No APS running at port 6400 09-02-04

Does anyone know why I would get the above message after
installing Crystal 9.2.2?
thanks
0
bmiller
9/2/2004 8:20:32 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you installed Crystal 9.2.2 on the CRM Server?

<bmiller@fortrustsolutions.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know why I would get the above message after
> installing Crystal 9.2.2?
> thanks

0
Peter
9/2/2004 9:00:38 PM
Yes I did.  But then I realized that it was a mistake.  I
have uninstalled Crystal from the server and installed
9.2.2 on my desktop.  I then installed the CRM Crystal
reports enhancement.  Then I open CR and
then "File", "Open", then select the "Enterprise" button
on the left.  I then enter the Authentication, the APS,
which is the server name, my login and password and this
is what I get:
"APS host 'FSTOOLS.FS01.PT' address was resolved
properly, but cannot be reached to establish an APS
connection.  Verify that your router/firewall allows
communication on port 6400."
Any ideas??

0
bmiller
9/3/2004 2:25:07 PM
Well, the thing is when you uninstalled Crystal on the server, it most likely
removed some of the Crystal components that are installed by CRM.

What you might try is uninstalling CRM and the reinstalling it and select the
existing database.  This should put Crystal back to where it needs to be.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:25:07 -0700, "bmiller@fortrustsolutions.com"

Yes I did.  But then I realized that it was a mistake.  I
have uninstalled Crystal from the server and installed
9.2.2 on my desktop.  I then installed the CRM Crystal
reports enhancement.  Then I open CR and
then "File", "Open", then select the "Enterprise" button
on the left.  I then enter the Authentication, the APS,
which is the server name, my login and password and this
is what I get:
"APS host 'FSTOOLS.FS01.PT' address was resolved
properly, but cannot be reached to establish an APS
connection.  Verify that your router/firewall allows
communication on port 6400."
Any ideas??

0
Matt

Exchange Ports #3
I am using Exchange 2003 on one of my servers. I closed all ports except for necessary ones for server. Inside Exchange there is and exe file running called store.exe and it seems to use lots of ports. I checked the microsoft knowledge base and the only one that I could find store.exe uses is 6004. I do not want to keep opening ports if I do not have to. How can I limit theses ports for store.exe? or do I have to open a large range of ports? Store.exe is the Information Store service. MAPI clients will talk RPC to the Information Store so you need to have the RPC ports open. You can h...

Append Query 02-28-08
I am trying to append data from tblitemline to tblitemlist. I only want to append new records. The unique field is ListID. I want to append 4 fields total. I can't get it to limit it to new records. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! New on the basis of what criteria.? Whatever that criteria is it should either the primary key (there can be multiples fields involved as the primary key) or Indexed with NO duplicates, (this will work if the criteria is a single field). Once you set the table up that way, the append query will only add "new" records. You can still have a ...

boyfriends 11-29-09
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CA7103.3FF71B40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable wats up guys!!! ill tell you wats up im dating someone new isnt that = amazing his name is Wyatt and hes hot supper hot and hes a good kisser! = write me about boyfriends ill tell you if hes cheating or = not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = omg!lol!!iknowright!someone!!!!!ilovewyatt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!iknowright L=01=14=02=C0F=8B=08=11=01=8C=DB=9A=90=FE=C6=01=01=8C=DB=9A=90=FE=C6=01=01= =8C=D...

How to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? 09-27-07
Hi I have subform with datasheet view and I need to know how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? Thanks Forget my last post. I misuderstood your question. The code I gave will give the record "number" (sort o count from the table start) not the refered to record. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi > > There are other methods but a simple one to use would be > > DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "MainFormName", acGoTo, > Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form!LinkIngPrimaryField > > Chan...

total running balance
I have a data with stocks (shares) purchased date and sold date Along with a price. I want to calculate my daily amount invested in stock market can someone tell me how can I see : bought entry $ sold price $ 5/5/7 5 6/6/7 5.25 5/27/7 12.25 6/9/7 13.25 using this and so for many more trades how to get daily amount invested in stock market? here is the Spreadsheet in google docs it will be helpful to see what i am asking for (type or click) http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAG_8YjlmtBqiOPvkiz8KMg&gid=0 You may ...

How to fix Run/time error 438
Hello In this forum Mr. Albert D. Kallal gently helped me with this piece of code to paste .pdf files on DeskTop Private SubtxtPath_Click() Dim strDeskTop As String 'get path location to desktop strDeskTop = CreateObject("Shell.Application").Namespace(&H10&).self.Path FileCopy "C:\Belly\DataBase\Docs\" & Me.txtPath, strDeskTop & "\" & Me.txtPath However, after clicking the button this messaged is displayed: Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method When I open the vba it shows in ye...

Converting Leads 01-04-06
When converting multiple Leads associated with the same Account - shouldn't CRM 3.0 recognize that association and put them under one Account? I am seeing our CRM create duplicate Accounts (and contacts for that matter but I know it does not do dup-detection) I convert 5 ABC company Leads to Contacts and Accounts I should end up with ONE Account and 5 contacts associated with that Account. Is that right? Any advice? No, it is doing what you are telling it to do. You are telling it to create a new Account, so it is creating a new Account. Unfortuanately, there is no provided way ...

Running total to new in different field
I have a database that I want to keep track of a number list for meters that is unique. Meters have to have a unique number assigned to them. We order these in batches. What I am trying to do is carry over my Ending Meter Number field to the new record field of Begin Meter Number. I have a formula to correctly come up with the Ending Meter Number. I have tried several different approaches, but nothing seems to work. I have tried this : Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me.[Begin Meter Number] = Me.[End Meter Number] End Sub TIA, Gerald -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Run-Time error '13': Type mismatch
Hi guys, I've got a spreadsheet that contains macros that remove columns and re-format the contents of a report. The idea is that the users copy the report (in xls format) and paste it in this workbook and run the macros by clicking on a button. My macros assume the first row contains the first record My users are not computer savvy and pasting the report in my spreadsheet by selecting any cell other than A1 will mean that my macros will pretty much butcher the report and the results will be useless. My solution was to unlock only cell A1 and protect the whole spreadsheet...

query problem 02-11-08
Hi to Everyone I have a table (tblMunka) with the following columns: JobId; PersonalId;AreaId;StartDate;EndDate;ActiveJob I would like to a query which tell me how many personal was in a term in an area. I have a form (frmLetszam) where user can choose start and end dates from a calendar. I've tried with this but the result is not good: HAVING (((tblMunka.StartDate) Between [Forms]![frmLetszam]![cboEndDate] And [Forms]![frmLetszam]![cboEndDate])) OR (((tblMunka.StartDate)<[Forms]! [frmLetszam]![cboStartDate]) AND ((tblMunka.EndDate) Is Not Null)); Please help me! Best regards -- Mes...

Integration 07-01-04
Hi Can anyone tell me if there has been any integration with the IPAQ 2210 and Microsoft CRM if so who and where can i get some info. There is a solution already which allows you to access your CRM data from a mobile device however this is simply a web style system ie if you do not have a data connection you cannot view your data. In August Microsoft should release a pocketpc addon for CRM which allows you to store the CRM data locally on your pocketpc. "Marlen" <m_fowler31@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ehFIQfzXEHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Can a...

Outlook 2010 12-05-09
I want to move Outlook 2010 email messages to a normal document file. I had been doing that in Outlook XP but cannot find means in 2010. ...

FYI...PrimoPDF was updated on 04-05-07
PrimoPDF 3.1 http://www.primopdf.com/ PrimoPDF 3.1 Download Site http://www.download.com/PrimoPDF/3000-10743_4-10264577.html -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk Thank you John :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in messag...

Licenses 03-02-04
Hi all, I am quite new in MS CRM. We have purchased MS CRM, now we have licenses for sales and service. The Organization Unit has to be a particular one in order that licenses works? We are now installing and we would like to know if there are any limitation in the name of the business Unit. Thankyou > I am quite new in MS CRM. > We have purchased MS CRM, now we have licenses for sales and service. > The Organization Unit has to be a particular one in order that licenses > works? To clarify: You buy licenses for users, not for business / organization units! > We are now ...

Page Numbering 02-18-10
I am trying to put page numbers only on the first page of each document in an appendix section of a large document. I have put section breaks between the different documents in the section. I was always able to do this in work 97 - can't get it to work in word 2007. You'll have to select the "Different first page" option in the Page Setup dialog box for the relevant sections. To display the Page Setup dialog, click the dialog launcher button (the little arrow on the bottom right) of the Page Setup group on the Page Layout tab. -- Stefan Blom Microso...

Trouble with IE 8 04-11-10
My new laptop was just working perfectly with IE 7 and Vista. Then IE 8 was downloaded automatically. Huge problelm as when I try to sign into Facebook and use Farmville or other apps it just loops to the login and insist that I adjust my cookie settings which I had tried to do numerous times but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The yellow triangle shows up in the bottom left with permission denied on several lines. What the heck does that mean? I'm not a computer techie and don't wanna be either. I just want things to work correctly when they're suppos...

CRM redeployment 10-04-04
Hi all, I have recently tries testing the redeployment of crm from one domain to another. I followed the steps in the redeployment guide yet it fails when i use the redeployment wizard to map users... I feel maybe it is something to do with having the same amount of users in each implementation or something... If anyone can shed light on this matter it would be very helpful...! TIA Emily ...

system restore 08-09-10
i can't get system restore to go back to a previous month...i have only 2 restore points in august and i need to go back to july...i click on the previus month arrow but nothing happens...any thoughts? You don't have Restore Points going back that far? Your computer's infected & not fully-patched? jimgobucks46 wrote: > i can't get system restore to go back to a previous month...i have only 2 > restore points in august and i need to go back to july...i click on the > previus month arrow but nothing happens...any thoughts? jimgobucks46 wrote: >...

start up problem 12-29-09
windows doesn't start get error message: windows\driver\pci.sys missing or corrupted reloaded windows xp twice and after 48 hours problem again any ideas? On Dec 29, 1:27=A0am, backten <back...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > windows doesn't start get error message: > windows\driver\pci.sys missing or corrupted > reloaded windows xp twice and after 48 hours problem again > any ideas? Do you mean something like: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32\drivers\pci.sys It could be that the pci.sys file re...

Help with formula 04-20-10
Hi, I hope you can help me with this formula. I have two spreadsheets called the following:- 1) SME main 200410 2) SME PRE accounts CAT1_RCB checked 120310 (2) Coloumn A in both spreadsheets contains a list of numbers (e.g. 1012381211420) and both coloumns contain 6905 rows. I need a formula in cell b1 of spreadsheet 2 that will look at the number in cell a1 of spreadsheet 2 and if that number is in coloumn A of spreadsheet 1 then I want cell b1 of spreadsheet 2 to return a value of Yes if not then I want a value of No Thanls It's easier to set this up with bot...

No Internet on SBS 2003 R2 after running CEICW
I ran CEICW because I've been having problems getting a stable internet connection on the SBS 2003 R2 server. We had an error with the Metabase.xml file that I repaired w/ an older version of the file, which fixed the error but maybe caused a config issue? not sure. Regarding running CEICW - I did this and it now has eliminated all web browser access ie. http. We do have client access to the server for file sharing still... so the intranet LAN part seems fine. We have a 2 NIC setup and here is a partial output of "ipconfig /all": LAN Adapter: DHCP Enabled: n...

Windows Update website - KB953297 does not install
Hello, This update continually fails to install. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Here's the error it throws from the system event viewer: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297). For more information, see...

how do I run windows 2008 R2 forestprep or domainprep on 32bit OS?
Hi all, We are going to introduce the new windows 2008 R2 DC to our windows 2003 32bit DCs with windows 2003 functional level. I need to run forestprep and domainprep in the windows 2003 schema master. Can I run the R2 64bit forestprep and domainprep on the windows 2003 32bit domain controllers? Thank you! From a Windows 2008 R2 CD. In the Support\AdPrep folder there are 2 version of the adprep.. Adprep.exe -- the 64x version Adprep32.exe -- the 32x version. Use the adprep32.exe on your 2003 32x domain controllers. Allan On 4/12/10 5:14 PM, in article 107D855E...

a 04-02-07
g ...

Upgrading from Money '04 to '06
I'm considering upgrading upgrading but I'm trying to figure out the best time to do so and which version to upgrade to. Right now, I'm running '04 Premium and it's working fine for me so there isn't any 'Gotta have it' that compells me to rush the upgrade. I understand from reading around that there was sort of a pardigm shift with Money '05 but I don't fully understand what it was. Can anyone explain it in a nutshell? I also understand that updates/quotes will stop at some point with '04. Does anyone know when that will be? Beyond that, my big...