Newbie Question: Using Web Services

Hello All.

I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
continually running into an error in line 54:

xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
                           strAllAccountsFetchXML));

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
how you resolved it?

Thanks in advance,
0
buddah
7/5/2004 2:10:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Verify the objBizUser.WhoAmI() have an account into CRM .. But if u're not
developer what do u do with the source code ?? doh !

"Ric S." <buddah@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Hello All.
>
> I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
> tried the example,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
> to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
> information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
> somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
> continually running into an error in line 54:
>
> xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
>                            strAllAccountsFetchXML));
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
> how you resolved it?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
Cbu
7/7/2004 2:24:17 PM
I would suggest the best way to learn the SDK is to create sample code using
console apps instead. This should give you the experience needed and will
mean you dont have to worry about the web side of things. The SDK gives
plenty of examples you can run from Visual Studio.NET.
If you have access to a developer it may be a good idea to get them to walk
through you building an application in VS.NET

"Ric S." <buddah@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Hello All.
>
> I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
> tried the example,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
> to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
> information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
> somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
> continually running into an error in line 54:
>
> xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
>                            strAllAccountsFetchXML));
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
> how you resolved it?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
John

Windowsupdate using Intranet?
Is there a way to setup a local server to use as the wundowsupdate site for a large # of pc's, but that has a small pipe to the internet? Try downloading the Software update services onto one server, use that the install onto PC's etc, using Group Policies cheers >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to setup a local server to use as the >wundowsupdate site for a large # of pc's, but that has a >small pipe to the internet? >. > ...

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

using button to clear contents
I have finally found out how to add a button but now I am haveing a problem on having the button clear contents in certain cells does anyone know how to do this thanks for your help I do not know any codes for this I'll bet you could learn very quickly by using the macro recorder while you select some cells and edit>clear>contents. Here is a sample for a button from the Control Toolbox Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.Range("certain cells").ClearContents End Sub "certain cells" would be your range of cells. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Using icon sets with relative references
I am using Excel 2007 in the Vista OS. I am trying to use conditional formatting with an icon set in a column but Excel will not allow relative references. Example: A1=10 min B1=20 max C1=30 oh D1=a formula { =IF(C1=0,B1,(B1-C1)) } The condtional formatting of D1 would be: if the value showing in D1 is >B1 the cell would show a red 'X', if the value showing in D1 is <A1 the cell would show a green 'check mark', and if the value showing in D1 is between the values in A1 and B1 it would show a yellow 'exclamation point'. I can get the D1 ...

basic question....create array
I searching the web to find how to create an array of any type from .net. I found this way: $nelement= 20 $array = new-object SomeType[] $nelement I know that $nelements is the number of elements in the array but.....when I read Get-help about_arrays I don't find any reference to that argument.......where is the documentation for that way of array creation? the only way that I found in the help is [SomType[]] $array = (element1,element2,...$elementN) but for that I need the elements already, and I don't have it..........I just need and empty array of some type. -- Mi...

Using external email address for AD user
We have certain users that we would like to use an external email address for and give access to resources in the domain. The only solution I have found so far is to create an account they will use for access and then to add a contact so we can send emails and add as a member of DL's. Ideally, I would like to do this without adding 2 separate objects in AD. Is that possible? Hi there, Are you aware that you can create a user and mail-enable them (not mailbox-enable), establishing an external address on the account. It removes the need for both a contact and a user accoun...

Service time billing and security
Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for time on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable time is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a list of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks? Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient privileges? Thank you, Rick S. Sorry about the multiple postings. When posting, it said ...

HOW IS F3 USED WTH EXAMPLE
hi guys reply me soon 1) In A1 type a number such as 12% 2) With A1 still selected, in the Name box (box to left of Formula Bar) type the word taxrate and press Enter. You must press Enter for this to work! 3) Let's confirm that you have named the cell A1: click on cell D1, now click on cell A1. The name box should not display "taxrate". If not, repeat steps 2 4) In A2 type a number like 100 5) In B2 type =A2* and then tap the F3 key. A dialog box opens, select the entry "taxrate" and click the OK key. Another way is to double click the "taxrate" entry....

Predicting new Ys given new Xs using known relationship for X and
Hello. I know people have posted similar questions about using an existing relationship between X and Y to predict new Ys given new Xs but I think mine has a slightly different twist. I would appreciate any help that could be offered. I have 20 data points for both X and Y. Each X point represents the number of workers on a farm for a particular year over a 20-year period. Each Y point represents the amount of crop harvest each year over that same period. The data is from 1901 to 1920. When I plot the points and fit an exponential trend line I get a high R-square of .9 . I would li...

transfer contacts using email
Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Many thanks, Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using > email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Create a new PST (File>Net>Outlook Data File). Now, right-click Contacts and choose Copy. SPecify the new PST as the destination. When the copy completes, right-click the new PST and choose Close. Close Outlook. Rename the PST's file extension to something...

Using Dependents
In a particular instance when I am using the dependents search facility, a small symbol like a table or an Excel sheet appears, (the dependent arrow pointing to it). It's as if it is indicating that some other sheet has data dependednt on the cell. But I can't find any other sheet with dependent data. Double-click the arrow to the sheet symbol and Excel will display the dependent cells -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zembu" <Zembu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352631A7-0BF4-451D-8781-669C26270BF6@microsoft....

Functionality lost by using exchange
Our institution recently changed from provider based internet mail (pop3) to letting external mail arrive directly to our exchange 2003 server. The following problem shows up: in the old scenario, groups had 2 mailboxes: one for the group (G) and a private mailbox for the manager (M), each with their own e-mail address. I emulated this by creating a mbx-enabled user G, that is only used for the mailbox, not for login. I gave all group members including M access to that mailbox. But what happens? 1. If a group member sends a mail, the return address is the address of the sender; it should b...

Use query for Row Source?
I attempted to use a combo-box to look-up records on a form. The RowSource query that is generated by the wizard included 2 data fields. I wanted to show only a distinct list of the second, non-key data element (col1). When I changed the RowSource query to SELECT distinct Col1, the combo-box displays nothing. I then created a stored query with the SELECT distinct Col1. They query runs correctly, but when I put in in the RowSource, it displays nothing. Any clue what I could be doing wrong? On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:17:03 -0700, JHC wrote: > I attempted to use a combo-box to look-u...

Sum Product Question
I have a spreadsheet with the following columns. Business Group (1, 2, 3) Employee Status (ACTIVE, TERM) Performance Score (1 through 9) Potential Score (1 through 4) I need to figure out the average performance and potential scores fo every cominbation of Business Group and Status. What is the simplest way using SUMPRODUCT to do this? I know will nee mulitple formulas to get this done but I am at a loss particualry ho to count the scores up for a total as some of the data is missing and don't want to count ones where data is missing. Thanks, Ada -- Message posted from http://www....

NNTP Feed Question
Hello all, In EX2003 can you send an entire feed into its own virtual directory. I want to mirror a private news server from one of our user groups but I dont want them mixed in with the rest of the folders in 'Internet Newgroups'. Unfortunatly the groups are not named with a common hierarchy like 'microsoft.public.*' they have single word names instead. Would I have to create a seperate virtual directory for each group? Thanks, Brent Strignano ...

Can I use MS Groove with my Macbook?
I have students using Groove for their graduate team work and the Mac users are struggling to stay up in my classes. Any advide about the Mac interface with Groove 2007 issues? You will get better results by posting to the groove newsgroup directly On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Grooving Professor" <Grooving Profe...

How to use Hotmail with Oulook?
I have managed to check my hotmail email with outlook. I was wondering if there was any way to make hotmail the default, so that I dont have to navigate to the hotmail folder? Can I use outlook's default inbox as the place where all my hotmail will go to? "J. Peterman" <justoNOSPAM316@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgvbp1$d3c$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au > I have managed to check my hotmail email with outlook. > I was wondering if there was any way to make hotmail the default, so > that I dont have to navigate to the hotmail folder? Can I use > outlook's defaul...

Using two MS Money accounts on one PC.
I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program without running into problems? TIA. File - Open/New create two files with different names. Mr. Mrs. >-----Original Message----- >I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up >accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program >without running into problems? TIA. >. > Besides the information already posted, use shortcuts to the two different files to start the application as starting Mone...

SmartFill with Field Services module
Has anyone used SmartFill from Rockton Software with any of the field service modules, especially depot management? We are looking at trying to find a way to easill retrieve work orders from using one of the user defined fields in SVC06100 (Depot Master). I have just had too many experiences with field services that do not work the same as other GP modules so I cautiously proceeding. Or, if you have any suggestions of how we can easily retrieve a Work Order on the Work Order Entry/Update window from the user defined field, I would be very interested in hearing your suggestions. Thank...

Logging Outlook Web Access events
Is there a way that I can get a log of who is using Outlook Web Access? I need to send a report to managment on this topic. Thanx. On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:20:03 -0800, "Ping" <Ping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way that I can get a log of who is using Outlook Web Access? >I need to send a report to managment on this topic. >Thanx. IIS Logs. ...

Charts: using a filtered list as a data range
Hello, I have a column of numbers, which I would like to use as the Y axis on a chart. I can get 5-15 numbers or rows (in the column) each day and I have 8 months of data. I would like to filter the column according time or have a drop down box to select month and change the chart axis to reflect only that month. The X axis only needs to increment for every Y value. If I have another column with incrementing numbers for each row for the X axis, this causes a problem when I want to select only a months data for the chart. Would appreciate any help or ideas. Thanks very much, David ...

Using COUNTIF to count explicit text that DOES NOT include other text
I have a column of text strings. The strings may contain "Before", "Before Before", "Before After", "After", "After After" and any possible mis-spelling of the above and of course blanks. I want to count the number of cells that contain the word "Before" and do not contain the word "After". I tried to be clever with COUNTIF as follows:- =COUNTIF(COUNTIF(A:A,"*Before*"),"<>*After*") and I've tried:- =COUNTIF(A:A,AND("*Before*",NOT("*After*"))) The first one wouldn't ...

Time interval at which MS CRM E-mail Router Service works
Hi, Can anyone please let me know the frequency (or time interval) at which Microsoft CRM E-mail Router Service works or processes requests from the mailbox? Thanks in advance and help appreciated. Bharat Chawla ...

Can I use Outlook and GW on the same machine, at different times
I have used Microsoft Outlook for many years, and love it. However, the place where I work is really into Novell, and so they will be forcing us to switch to GroupWise. I have read that these two email clients do not play nice with one another. However, besides the email I will be getting at work through the GroupWise Post Office, I also want to be able to receive the email that I normally read through the university account I have. I can connect to the university account via IMAP, and I would rather use Outlook to do that. So, what I thought I would do is use GroupWise (GW), read ...

Create Raffle Tickets Using Publisher 2003
PUB97: on http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;165645 suggests using Specialty PageWizard Design Assistant; however, this article pertains to publisher 97. I've upgraded many versions later. I don't see this design assistant in current version 2003 of Publisher. Is it known as something else? I'm looking to create Raffle tickets with auto numbering capability. Anyone know how I might do this using PUblisher or is there still another or better product other than Publisher that allows me to create a ticket faster. Check out the following link: http://ww...