Newbie Question: Using Web Services

Hello All.

I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
continually running into an error in line 54:

xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
                           strAllAccountsFetchXML));

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
how you resolved it?

Thanks in advance,
0
buddah
7/5/2004 2:10:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Verify the objBizUser.WhoAmI() have an account into CRM .. But if u're not
developer what do u do with the source code ?? doh !

"Ric S." <buddah@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Hello All.
>
> I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
> tried the example,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
> to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
> information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
> somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
> continually running into an error in line 54:
>
> xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
>                            strAllAccountsFetchXML));
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
> how you resolved it?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
Cbu
7/7/2004 2:24:17 PM
I would suggest the best way to learn the SDK is to create sample code using
console apps instead. This should give you the experience needed and will
mean you dont have to worry about the web side of things. The SDK gives
plenty of examples you can run from Visual Studio.NET.
If you have access to a developer it may be a good idea to get them to walk
through you building an application in VS.NET

"Ric S." <buddah@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Hello All.
>
> I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
> tried the example,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
> to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
> information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
> somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
> continually running into an error in line 54:
>
> xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
>                            strAllAccountsFetchXML));
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
> how you resolved it?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
John

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

General CRM Questions
Hello, I am looking at Microsoft CRM as a possible customer support solution and have some questions. Any help is appreciated.... 1) Do knowledge base articles support file attachments? 2) Can the system be configured to support multiple departments that are unrelated? In other words, can cases, customized case forms, knowledge base articles and custom knowledge base templates be associated to a specific department only? What about the subject tree, can there be multiple trees (one for each department)? Thank you, Craig Santoli Currently it is not possible to attach files to KB articl...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

How do I use the connection string to connect to a table on the database that I am working on.
I have two related tables. and one form of which one of the tables is a subform and i want to write the data on the subform to a textfile. I used this code to connect to the table but because I have already opened the MDB. I get the error that the file is already openned. objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\exds006\Desktop\Electronic LIV;" & "Persist Security Info=False" objConn.Open Is there another way of accessing th...

Data fill question
Hi all, How do I do an auto fill on a certain amount of cells in a range of numbers but at the end of the number there is a dash s. For example: 343-s, 344-s,345-s and so on. I tried to do the auto fill but it is just repeating the sequence of numbers? You could use a formula. With the first cell filled in (like A1), put this in A2 and fill down: =(LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1)+1)&"-s" HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >How do I do an auto fill on a certain amount of cells in a range of numbers >but at the end of the number the...

Countif using symbols
I have a worksheet that has a column containing icons, from the new options of conditional formatting, in Excel 2007 (Icon sets) I need to count how many of each icon I have. Can I do this using the function COUNTIF(). I couldn't figure out what should I use as criteria here. Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- ...

how to use the search dialog box ?
Hello Everybody, I have a question concerning the opening of dialogs box. I would like to open the Search Dialog Box. My stupid code is like this : Private Sub CommandButtonSearch_Click() 'ouvre la boite de dialogue Rechercher Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show End Sub With this code, the problem is that the Search Dialog box is indeed open but whatever the text to find in the worksheet, there is no result. If I stop the macro, open by hand the Search Dialog box and type the same text, it works... Can you help me to solve this problem ? Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

XmlElement question
Hi, I have and XmlElement from within an XmlDocument. I wish to RemoveAll() from within the XmlElement plus itself. For example: <Notes> <Note id="n1"> <Info>A message</Info> </Note> <Note id="n2"> <Info>another message</Info> </Note> </Notes> I wish to delete the node, Note with id="n1". I have assigned it to an XmlElement, but i am unsure how to remove the element from the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Tim. Timothy V wrote: > I have and XmlEl...

using dmax
I want to find the max temperature for each day of the year over 10 years worth of data. I can do it by using a criteria where the first in the range of the criteria is the label ("Date" in this case) and under that cell is the date I want to look up (eg "Jan,3"). But it seems like I need to have 2 cells per day of the year in order to specify each day. That is, it looks like I have to do it this way: A B 1 Date 2 ="Jan,1" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A1:A2) 3 Date 4 ="Jan,2" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A3:A3) 5 ...

Using a common outlook address book on a home network
How do I configure my system so that all computers on my home office network can use the same list of contacts? Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 Professional; one uses Windows XP. Matt Arnett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I configure my system so that all computers on my > home office network can use the same list of contacts? > Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 > Professional; one uses Windows XP. Create a network share, place your PST in that share, map a drive to it on the other machines and open the P...

copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
Hi, I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative button. Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not work very well for me. TIA XP user wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture > the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on >...

Adjustmant To VBA using AdvancedFilter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C35208.FC27F940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good evening All I am hoping that someone will be able to help with this. I have some small VBA code (shown below), which applies to the following = example of a data set: Worksheet "Invoice Record" A B C =20 1 M100 152.34 03 2 M101 100.02 NP 3 M100 250.65 02 4 M100 565.52 01 5 M102 745.87 NP 6 ...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

A message is queued at the Internet Mail Service (EXC01)
We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an intermittent basis. I've looked around on the interent and only finds articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5). Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks, KB when you say back do you mean ndr. try going to dnsstuff.com and checking your mx record to make sure you are not on a blacklist as well as you have a reverse ptr recrd. this sounds stupid but allot of companies are using mail firewalls that do rev lookups etc. "KB" wrote: > We are getting messages sent back to user...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...

Creat Project Web Access Site : new instance
Hi, Question of a beginner: Using ProjectServer 2007 + SP2 + Dec CU. I want to create a new instance of PWA in the SharedServices1. In the Create Project Web Access Site page, in the "SharePoint Web Application to host Project Web Access" drop down list, I don't have "Default Web Site" as usual. I only have the 2 options: "SharePoint - 22794" and "SharePoint - 80". What did I miss? What I have to do? Thanks for your help Robert: You didn't miss anything. No doubt the 22794 port is running your SharePoint Central admin an...

Reading terminal services session information
Hello everyone, Can anyone assist me with a script? I need to have a script run locally on a server and read the terminal services session information. I need to be able to see if there are any sessions connected, and what their status is at that time. If the status is idle, then I need to see how long the status has been idle for so that I can track this infromation and take actions on it if need be. I know that I can use QWINSTA and read the infromation from that command but it doesn't provide idle time. Does anyone know of a way to get the information that QWINSTA provides an...

Service Ticket Number
How can I configure service to automatically generate a ticket number ...

exporting to text file database using pipe delimiting
Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text file? I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a way to do it. Please.... :) Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <BEA4D065-B51F-4ABF-90DC-93A0F61944DA@microsoft.com>, "NickP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text > file? > I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a > way to ...

Project Server 2010 Question
I have a general Project Server 2010 question that I am hoping someone might be able to answer. Currently Project Server 2007 doesnt really support a distributed architecture - does anyone know if there any plans for this in 2010? Hi Chicagohunter, Try posting your question to the forum for Microsoft Project Server 2010. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/threads I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project ...

Breaking User Form Code into modules question
I have a user form with alot of code in it. As of now all the code is in the Userform Code window, but there is so much code that it's getting confusing. I have one Sub that is to large and needs to be split into several subs. When I was done I was going to break all the Subs down into different modules to clean it up. I guess I will have to do that now, but I am not sure how to do it. 1: My question is in the UserForm Code Window how do I refer to a module? 2: If the Code is to large can one Module call another module? Something like User form Code calls Module 1 and ...

How to solve this question?
Hello all: I write a component using ATL and it includes two interface:ISMath and IAMath, and now I write client codes and want to the file tlb,Look: #import "Com_01.tlb" no_namespace #include <windows.h> #include <iostream.h> void main() { HRESULT hr; hr=CoInitialize(NULL); if(FAILED(hr)) { cout<<"Initialize COM failed"<<endl; return; } ISMathPtr spSFun; IAMathPtr spAFun; spSFun.CreateInstance(L"Com_01.SMath"); long s=spSFun->Add(11,12); cout<<s<<endl; spSFun.QueryInterface(II...