Newbie Question: Using Web Services

Hello All.

I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
continually running into an error in line 54:

xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
                           strAllAccountsFetchXML));

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
how you resolved it?

Thanks in advance,
0
buddah
7/5/2004 2:10:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Verify the objBizUser.WhoAmI() have an account into CRM .. But if u're not
developer what do u do with the source code ?? doh !

"Ric S." <buddah@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Hello All.
>
> I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
> tried the example,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
> to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
> information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
> somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
> continually running into an error in line 54:
>
> xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
>                            strAllAccountsFetchXML));
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
> how you resolved it?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
Cbu
7/7/2004 2:24:17 PM
I would suggest the best way to learn the SDK is to create sample code using
console apps instead. This should give you the experience needed and will
mean you dont have to worry about the web side of things. The SDK gives
plenty of examples you can run from Visual Studio.NET.
If you have access to a developer it may be a good idea to get them to walk
through you building an application in VS.NET

"Ric S." <buddah@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Hello All.
>
> I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success.  I've
> tried the example,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp,
> to no avail.  I have followed the example to the letter, but find the
> information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be
> somewhat lacking.  Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am
> continually running into an error in line 54:
>
> xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(),
>                            strAllAccountsFetchXML));
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, can you let me know
> how you resolved it?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
John

URGENT: GP Web Services...
We are looking at the Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Services Programmer’s Guide, Release 10. That Guide has examples of how to use C# classes generated from the Web Services definition file (WSDL) to call the GP Web Services. We take the same WSDL file and use our Java tool to produce Java classes that are equivalent to the C# classes. The languages are not that different and we can easily follow the examples. One difference; however is that the Context object produced in C# has an attribute named “UseDefaultCredential,” which the examples always set to “true”. The Context object generated...

Deleting Msgs after using Inbox Repair Tool
Outlook 2000, XP Pro. After using the Inbox Repair Tool I am unable to delete email messages received before using the repair tool. I reviewed the knowledge base, but did not find anything to help. Need help to delete these old emails. Andy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000, XP Pro. After using the Inbox Repair Tool > I am unable to delete email messages received before > using the repair tool. I reviewed the knowledge base, > but did not find anything to help. Need help to delete > these old emails. In this case, if it wer me, I'...

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

existing web pages/files not showing in Insert Hyperlink dialog bo
Using FrontPage 2003. When attempting to Create a Hyperlink to existing web pages and files, they are no longer visible in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog box. The files are there, we see them in the folder list. Is there a setting I'm missing? -- Fonda K Try running a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Fonda K" <Fonda@discussion.microsoft...

Question About Sorting
I want to make a spreadsheet that shows multiple book authors and the books they have written. I want to set it up so that I can sort the list by last name of the author, but the books they write need to go with their name as it is moved. I have tried using column A for the author and column B for the books, but when column A authors is sorted, their books don't go with their name. I also tried indenting their books under their name with the same results. The data doesn't have to be in two columns, but their books need to go with their name. What can I do to make thi...

X.500
Why do I see an X.500 email address on some users and not others. This only appears on 2 users and I am wondering what happened to create this address. I posted a little while ago about a problem with NDR's and this appears to be part of the problem. Sorry for not posting to the same thread but I am hoping this subject will generate more targeted respones. This is happening to our CEO and he's flippin. Need to get this resolved ASAP. Thanks On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:32:47 -0400, "Doug" <a@a.com> wrote: >Why do I see an X.500 email address on some users and n...

Why isnt my server connecting. If I have any more trouble with this passport I will just cancle all services I have buisness to tend to I am disabled with a 3yr old who wil
I am really looking forward to using your services but its getting late I am tired of playing games. I have been online with you for a couple of hours time is of essence. So please just let me know what the cost. Lets get on with it I have to still contact sss also my online bandking Time I have waisted on this passnet passport whatever is rediculouse. I love Microsoft everything so lets get moveing or I have to cancle I am running out of time. ...

Message Rules using <or>
Hello, How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Bob Bob Brannon <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote: > How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain > people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Two rules. -- Brian Tillman ...

Visio Shapes for Web Diagram
I have just installed Vision 2003 and trying to create diagram for my upcoming project involving J2EE with web pages and BPEL flows. I was intending to use the 'Web Diagram' shape which I saw on my colleagues PC which has Visio 2002 installed. But I do not seem to find it with the version (2003) I have just installed. Any reasons or how I can get that ? web diagramming is included in the professional version. http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/diagramtypes.mspx#EUPAE "Nachuri" <Nachuri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD061C57-C4F...

Newbie here
Hi, this is one great ng! I've been reading for hours and find it enormously informative. Thanks. I'm a newbie to the ng but not entirely to Excel. I'm still on '97 (not 2000) I know how to format the workbook template (book1.xlt) to open with the settings (margins, custom header etc) that I prefer, but every time that I open a new worksheet within the same workbook, it gives me the original Excel settings that it has always given me - unless, of course, I *copy* the worksheet already formatted by me - but it is inconvenient to do that every time. I've tried to loca...

Exchange 2003
How do you access the IMS mailbox and System Attendant mailbox in Exchange 2003? I am noticing a number of mail items sitting in them that need to be deleted. Thanks in advance! Kit If you're talking about the system mailboxes on Exchange 2003, then I'd leave them alone. AFAIK, there's nothing in them that *needs* to be deleted. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Kit Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04db01c3dbb9$68958d10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you ac...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

Question: sharing exchange calendars
Sharing exchange calendars outside of the local domain Is it possible (and if so how) to share calendars in exchange from one local.domain to another remote domain? I have a domain abc.local and I would like to share calendars with people in a domain from another company called xyz.local. I was thinking that they had to be part of the same organization somehow but what if that isn't possible. Is there a way to do this? Can someone email me or reply to this post as i need help with this ASAP. My Email: backup (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thank you. My first thougt is Public Fo...

iif statement using time
I would like to create an iif statement to peform this: I have a form that has a button employees click to login. When they click this button, the time appears in a textbox ([Login]). I would like for another textbox ([Report]) to show whether or not the employee was late. The new textbox ([Report]) should say the words "Late" or "OK" depending on whether or not they logged in before 8:05 AM. Thanks. If it is JUST the time in the LOGIN then you should be able to use =IIF([Login]<=#08:05:00 AM#,"OK","Late") John Spencer Ac...

Failed to process the Analysis Services database XX_Cube
Hi All, I have issue with Project server 2007 (With SP2 & all latest updates) OLAP cube (No customization) . Cube use to build everyday but after we loaded almost 600+ resources (all valid NT users no Form based authentication) in system, Cube took almost 12 hours but finally returned the error : Error summary/areas: CBS message processor failed CBSOlapProcessingFailure Queue GeneralQueueJobFailed Error details: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <errinfo> <general> <class name="CBS message processor failed&quo...

sys.dm_exec_sql_text questions
Hi guys, I wrote a procedure trying to capture the blocking and blocked processes and the sql statements they run. But in my history tables, the sql statement I captured are almost all "CREATE PROCEDURE ...' instead of the real execution of the stored procs. The query I used to capture the blocked process and sql statement is as below: SELECT s.spid , s.blocked AS BlockingSPID , waittime , DB_NAME(s.dbid) AS DatabaseName , s.program_name , s.loginame , OBJECT_NAME(objectid,s.dbid) AS ObjectName , CAST(text AS VARCHAR(1000)) AS Definition FROM sys.syspr...

money 2002 service pack download error
i downloaded the new xp service pack, and now when i try to download something, download mangager pops up with error 1606. it wont let me download anything. please help ...

dst questions sorry, alot of posts
Hi, running 2 exchange servers. Exchange 2003 sp2 (what is the build for sp2?), Event viewer has it at 7638 build. Both exchange servers are running 2003 sp1 with KB931836 patch for dst I hear of all the problems occuring with KB926666, is there a new patch for exchange??? Please help... DST is driving me crazy. Also, is there DST list, we have a few NT, 2000 Servers. I have to use the TMZedit tool. Thank you very much, Koz The only issue with 926666 (afaik) is with the Store not mounting under certain conditions in environments with more than one domains where you've u...

NEWBIE question
I have a worksheet and I need to ALPHABATIZE this list of names. It was already done, but I had to delete some names and add others. Is there an easy way to do this without having to retype all of these? Sorry if this question seems silly but I have no idea how to use excel. This worksheet was already done and given to me. Thanks, Missy Hi Missy you can try the following: 1. Add a helper column adjacent to your text column (assumption: A is your text column and B your helper column) 2. In B1 insert the following formula: =UPPER(A1) copy this down for all rows 3. Highlich column B and ...

Outlook Contacts in Outlook Web Access
Is it possible to have access to my Outlook 2003 client set of [personal] contacts while using Outlook Web Access when away from my office? If so, please point me to the proper configuration steps. Thanks! No - OWA will only reference your Exchange Contacts folder, not the = personal folders contacts folder. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, M asked: | Is it possible to have access to my Outlook 2003 client set of | [personal] contacts while using Outlook Web Access when away from my | office...

Using Double variable with a C++ dll
Hi, I am using a dll written in C++. One of the declarations is : (In a module) Public Declare Function S52_moveView Lib "libS52.dll" _ (ByVal horizontal As Double, ByVal vertical As Double) As Long (In the code of a form) Select Case KeyCode Case vbKeyUp S52_moveView 0#, 1# Case vbKeyDown S52_moveView 0#, -1# End Select When passing a negative value (with vbKeyDown), the program jams, with an overflow error, or with a division by zero error. I have no idea why this occcurs. Thank you for reading me, an...

[help] using $env
i have a system variable named repo an example of it is.. set repo = \\server im trying to create a shortcut that links to that path, but i can't get the syntax/format right.. here's what i've come out with so far. but it'll probably read $env:tilltheend rather than $env:repo\blabla... if you know what i mean.. how do i get this right? $lnk.WorkingDirectory = "$env:repo\win7\netsetup\scripts" if theres a better way do post so, thanks!! Irwin wrote: > i have a system variable named repo > > an example of it is.. > set repo = \\s...

Creating New Accounts Using TSQL
We've got a hefty Chart of Accounts that we use for managing an investment partnership. Each time a new investor comes aboard, we need to create about 80 accounts for that investor - some of them top-level posting accounts, others will be children of a posting allocation breakdown, etc. In any case, I'm just wondering if there's a way to create these 80 accounts by directly inserting rows into the database tables? Is this possible or unrealistic - we have a couple of SQL gurus that generally understand the GLXXXXX tables, but won't dive into specific possibilities withou...

How can I go from one tab to another without using the mouse?
How can I go from one tab to another without using the mouse? Hi, CTRL and Page up/Page down -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Cari" wrote: > How can I go from one tab to another without using the mouse? CTRL + PageUp and CTRL + PageDown will cycle you through the sheets. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:52:01 -0700, Cari <Cari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I go from one tab...

Security Outlook Web Access
Which e' the better configuration in order to approach to OWA from Internet? Front End in DMZ and Back End in Intranet ? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:09:03 -0700, "Maurizio Conti" <Maurizio Conti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Which e' the better configuration in order to approach to OWA from Internet? >Front End in DMZ and Back End in Intranet ? No. The better solution is to have an ISA in a DMZ and then an FE in a secured VLAN on the intranet. You don't necessarily need an FE, but an FE in a DMZ is not a recommended configuration. ...