Newbie Help: customising forms

I'm new to CRM and setting up a test deployment in our office. I need some
help please and can't find anything in the manuals to assist me. (It's
probably there but I can't find it!).

When an account is created, the OWNER information is automatically updated
with the name of the user creating the account. We've added a custom field:
LIVE DATE, and I wanted to add a further field APPROVED BY:

The APPROVED BY field would have a user name of the person who passed this
account to go live. Ideally, I'd like another form (we currently use an
Excel based Checklist which I'd like in CRM) to complete which would fill in
these details automatically.

Is this possible in CRM? If so, where would I find this information so I
don't need to ask again?

Mike

0
Shared
10/3/2005 1:30:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is no way to add user lookup fields to a CRM form, which is what it
sounds like you want to do. If the user base is pretty static (in other
words, there isn't a lot of turnover) you could add in a picklist field with
the names of the users doing the approving. Also, you can add a date/time
field with the Live date.

To customize forms you open Deployment Manager on the CRM server. Click on
the Schema Manager node and right click the entity you want to add fields to,
such as Account. Add the field and then publish your changes by
right-clicking the top node in Deployment Manager | Publish Customizations,
etc. Then go to Start | Run | type 'cmd' (no quotes) and in the command
window type 'iisreset' to clear the cache.

In the CRM web UI go to Home | Settings | System Customization and open the
Account entity | Edit form. Add the field you created wherever you want it,
save the form and then back in DM re-publish your changes and do another
iisreset.

More info is on technet (www.technet.com) search on CRM.
HTH
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Shared Care" wrote:

> I'm new to CRM and setting up a test deployment in our office. I need some
> help please and can't find anything in the manuals to assist me. (It's
> probably there but I can't find it!).
>
> When an account is created, the OWNER information is automatically updated
> with the name of the user creating the account. We've added a custom field:
> LIVE DATE, and I wanted to add a further field APPROVED BY:
>
> The APPROVED BY field would have a user name of the person who passed this
> account to go live. Ideally, I'd like another form (we currently use an
> Excel based Checklist which I'd like in CRM) to complete which would fill in
> these details automatically.
>
> Is this possible in CRM? If so, where would I find this information so I
> don't need to ask again?
>
> Mike

A form to be filled in and then to be used for a query
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my table I have yes/no fields F1 to FN. In my query I want to select records from this table according to the values of F1, ... , FN. I want to use an entry form for specifying my query. My entry form will have checkboxes for specifying the values of F1, ..., FN. A record is to be selected from my table whenever it has "yes" values for all fields checked in the entry form. (Unchecked fields are ignored .) To carry out the query, I would like to check the values in the entry form, then push a button to have another form show up which display...

Help with CountIf?
I have a column of numbers that may look like this: Column A 1 2 3 4 x 1 2 x 1 2 3 x I'm looking for a way to return the number above the x, and to count them up, in other words, how many 4's, 2,s 3's etc. Thanks in advance for any help. Terry To count the number of 4's, try... =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A12="x"),--(A1:A11=4)) Hope this helps! In article <1111942545.448805.208450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "terrymac52@aol.com" <terrymac52@aol.com> wrote: > I have a column of numbers that may look like this: > > Column A > 1 >...

HELP-re-installing
Hi, I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY PC AND HAD TO REINSTALLING EVERY THING FOR SCRATCH. I HAD SAVE MY BACK UP FILE TO A DISC. I NOW TRYING TO RESTORE THIS FILE BUT IT SEEMS TO HAVE SAVE IT WITH A .mbf ending rather than a .mny file mark. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME GETTING THIS PROBLEM RESTORE. THNAKS A LOT. ..mbf is what the backups are saved as. You'll have to use Money's restore function to use the backup. FYI, you can just copy the .mny file somewhere else on occasion, and keep that file seperate as a backup. James :/ "ksaddksadd@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Forms like the Invoice Template
I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, -- B Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c619eb3-950b-4fc3- 8df4-88fb9ee83dc6&DisplayLang=en Watch word wrap here... HTH "Bradley M. Small" <BSmall@XNOSPAMXmjsi.com> wrote in message news:u1ZKd9YvDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice > template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point ...

Can my form fill in a field, yet allow me to override?
Each customers is sent to us from a salesman, and we provide service for 1-7 days before the activity ends. A new charge is generated for each day of service. Employee #1 uses the customer service form to generate a bill, and includes the name of the salesman. Employee #2 uses the form to generate a bill on the next day, and has to look up the first bill, in order to know which salesman to record. The same thing happens every day until the activity ends. With each new referral for service, there's a strong chance it will be due to a different salesman, so the customer number an...

unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID .. Please HELP
I get the following error when I try to access my email from the Messanger icon (Messanger knowes the number of unread emails). I have been experiencing the problem for several months and have been searching for a solution but have not been able to find one. I am able to login to my Windows Live Email via the web. I have deleted my account and reinstalled it and I have coppied all my email to a backup folder neither of these have worked. Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (Kellyr02) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. ...

Shift held too long key blocker on can't get it off
Can anyone help? Hi! I had this happen to me a while back. I can't remember what I had to do to fix it, though. This is an operating system setting. Maybe post in a Windows group. I did a quick search of Windows help and of course it was NO help! Biff "plumber1" <plumber1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9437D5-5BC5-4315-A4A5-0BB4F85E142C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? > Maybe it was: windows start button|Control Panel|Accessibility Options|Keyboard tab Something to do with StickyKeys???? (But I don't know what key blocker is.)...

Outlook Connector Beta works with some accounts but others are problems
I just installed the new Microsoft Outlook Connector beta (I'm using it with Outlook 2007 and BCM)and have had a little success and a little failure. It works with two of my Microsoft Office Live email accounts (the free ones) and not with the third (which is also a free one). I also have a MSN account (tdjgordon@msn.com)that I've had for many years and I thought that it definitely work with this one, and it does not. Anyone have a clue how to get the third Office Live account working and most also my trusty MSN account? I should point out that I have also been using the Window...

Search directly in a form
I have some members in av form, and I want to be able to in [FirstName] to just type inn the persons name and search an get hold of all the persons data in the form. Is there an easy way to do this? -- Tom R. Thorstensen On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 07:31:04 -0800, Tom R. <tomrth@broadpark.no> wrote: >I have some members in av form, and I want to be able to in [FirstName] to >just type inn the persons name and search an get hold of all the persons data >in the form. Is there an easy way to do this? Yes. On the menu select Records... Filter... Filter by Form. Type search terms in...

the new excel help is horrible!!!! (way to go, limiting comments)
how do I get the previoulsy found HELP to list the typical formulas, or use of special characters, like the & symble in excel. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=102753c7-0f12-402b-9da0-3...

Forms problem #2
Hi all, I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment as a .dat file! I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem with the attachments is a big one! Any suggestions? -pnp Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format. Use Plain Text or HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .da...

Help with monitoring software
Hello, We have a several exchange 2003 servers running on windows 2003. I was asked to find a monitoring software that will allow us to monitor exchange server (services, uptime, connitivity, logs,database,...) and windows 2003 in very comprehensive way for under $5K. Can any one recommend a good product? By the way, we have MOM but it's handled by a different group so we need something else. Thanks On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 07:02:00 -0800, desert-mania <desertmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We have a several exchange 2003 servers running on windows 2003...

OnNewWindow2 message help.
Hi there, I have the following code: void CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg::OnNewWindow2(LPDISPATCH* ppDisp, BOOL* Cancel) { // create new instance of iespy LPDISPATCH tmpDisp; CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg* dlgPop = new CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg; // create form dlgPop->Create(IDD_MFCIEEVTSPY_DIALOG); // register as browser dlgPop->m_webBrowser.SetRegisterAsBrowser(true); tmpDisp = dlgPop->m_webBrowser.GetApplication(); dlgPop->m_webBrowser.UpdateWindow(); *ppDisp = tmpDisp; // dump data to the window. AddEventToList(WBListBox, "NewWindow2"); } which is kinda edited from the MSDN example of c...

ADP in A2007 Runtime: Traditional binding of form to stored procedure taking no parameters no longer works
Forms in ADP can have a stored procedure as the RecordSource. Traditionally we could write: RecordSource="dbo.EmployeesList" (or use the RecordSourceQualifier to specify "dbo"). On A2007 runtime this no longer works: The record source 'EmployeeList' specified on this form or report does not exist. On A2007 (with or without the /runtime command line switch) it does work. The only workaround I have found so far is to put the entire expression in the RecordSource property like this: "exec dbo.EmployeesList". I don't think this is an intentional change b...

word or excel documents as web forms
Dear Mr or Mrs, I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar goal before. We have numerous word and excel docs in our company. I was wondering if there is a way to create those as web forms and bind them to a database. We dont have a problem with creating a database to fit the need. I know that an easy workaround would be to code asp.net pages from the word and excell docs but i just thought it might be worth while to ask. Having the word docs and excel docs would make printing really easy and all formating. Looking forward to any advice Sincerely Dan If you are ...

Thanks for the HELP
Thanks for the response. Working perfectly! -- Cheryl Do take a moment to re-post your feedback to the responder *in* your thread. It's more meaningful that way. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- ...

Arrears Help Files
Hello all, I don't seem to have the help file for the Arrears transactions. I can't find it on my system don't see a reference to it in the main GP 10 help file. We have GP 10 SP 4. I looked in KB see no reference to that particular problem anywhere. TIA Anyone? On Feb 10, 8:12=A0am, Brian <nixtoo...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, I don't seem to have the help file for the Arrears > transactions. =A0I can't find it on my system don't see a reference to it > in the main GP 10 help file. =A0We have GP 10 SP 4. =A0I looked in KB see= no...

Formula Help #54
What would be a good formula to use in this situation? If you have in column A: 50010 Apples 50020 Bananas Subtotal 50110 Carrots 50120 Lettuce Subtotal In column B I have numbers 6 5 11 4 5 9 If I then get revised numbers without the description, lets say in column C and D respectively: 50010 10 50020 20 50030 30 50040 40 How can I create a formula in column B that takes the revised 50010 figure and moves it into column B replacing the old figure of 6 with 10 without doing it manually because I am looking at a much larger scale. Thanks for your help. -- billy2wil...

Help with complex table lookup
I have a ranged defined in a spreadsheet that consists of a bunch of values. Some of the cells in the range may be empty. I also have 4 hidden lookup tables at the bottom of my spreadsheet. Using these 4 lookup tables, I know how to use the vector form of the LOOKUP function to determine the following individually: - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "route" (lookup from table 1) - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "set" (lookup from table 2) - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "slot" (lookup from t...

form: data input locking up
Hello all... I have a form which was working fine until a few hours ago. The form has several sub forms. However, those are working fine. I am unable to edit/add/delete records on the main form. This is a front end database, with the main data storage on a network. I moved the data starage DB onto my local drive, reset the links and experienced the same problem. The form is not based on a query and writes directly into a data table. The form is normally called up (filtered) through code. however, I experience the same problem when I open it up directly (without filtering the re...

Calculation help
Need some help please. Excel spreadsheet.. Cell A1 has 100 in it Cell B1 has 12 in it Need to figure out a way of adding A1 + B1 and putting the resultin figure into cell A1, and deleting the contents of B1. Hope you can help me on this. Many Thanks Radio Operator :confused -- radio operato ----------------------------------------------------------------------- radio operator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2768 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47197 On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:58:52 -0500, radio operator &l...

help with CRM1.2 deployment
Hi, I installed MS CRM1.2 on a Windows 2003 server. The sample database (Adventure Cycles Work) and license key provided used; CRM server added to the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access group; installed and accessed as domain administrator. When I access the web application at the server with localhost or server name, it works just fine. However, when I try to access it through client machines in the same domain, IE will simplely crash/disappear after I input my user name and password. Someone please help me... Thanks in advance! -duoduo It is due to the fact that MBS CRM uses pop-up wi...

Excel 2003
Further to the answer below, I need the following in one formula! Thank you for looking. If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Mon or Tue or Wed or Thur or Fri then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£17.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sat then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£20.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sun then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£25.00) into F1(£Total) but if Cell A1 = V and Cell H1 is between time (0001-0700) then multiply C1 with (£15.0...

PLS, Help: Separate a string that was entered with the help of Alt+Enter
Hi, All I have a datafile that was generated by accounting software. My proble is follow: I have a cell there with a string value, it contains tex that looks like it was enetered with the help of Alt+Enter in a cel (looks like several rows in one cell). I need to separate string into several string subvalues and cant understand how to recognize tha nonprintable char between the subvalues. May be some can gives me a advise or other way how to do it... thanks in advanc -- StanUk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- StanUkr's Profile: http://www.excelforu...