New window does not open after installation 3.0

I have having a strange problem.  I just installed a fresh copy of 3.0 Pro
and when I go on the url of the server, I can see the blue background for a
second and then it tries to open a new browser then it closes both screens.
From the server it self it works if I do http://localhost/.  I have no clue
what could be causing this or how to fix it.

Anyone have suggestions?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Disable any popup blockers you may have.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

From the server it self it works if I do http://localhost/.  I have no clue
what could be causing this or how to fix it.

Anyone have suggestions?

0
Matt
1/12/2006 11:44:44 PM
I have tried from a few different computers

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Disable any popup blockers you may have.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Karol" <Karol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have having a strange problem.  I just installed a fresh copy of 3.0 Pro
> and when I go on the url of the server, I can see the blue background for a
> second and then it tries to open a new browser then it closes both screens.
> From the server it self it works if I do http://localhost/.  I have no clue
> what could be causing this or how to fix it.
>
> Anyone have suggestions?

If you can browse to http://crmserver/loader.aspx than it is a popup blocker
issue.  The problem is many IE toolbars include popup blocker functionality
and it can be difficult to determine which ones are loaded.  May also try
adding the CRM URL to the trusted sites as some of the blockers allow popups
from those sites.

--

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Disable any popup blockers you may have.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Karol" <Karol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have having a strange problem.  I just installed a fresh copy of 3.0 Pro
> and when I go on the url of the server, I can see the blue background for
> second and then it tries to open a new browser then it closes both
screens.
> From the server it self it works if I do http://localhost/.  I have no
clue
> what could be causing this or how to fix it.
>
> Anyone have suggestions?

0
Matt
1/13/2006 5:14:41 PM
Regarding the pop-up blocker.
I had to add my server to the Allowed Web Sites list of the IE Pop-Up blocker.
Tools  | Pop Up Blocker | Pop Up Blocker Settings.  Turning Pop-up blocker
off is not sufficient; not for me anyway.
Also the Google pop-up blocker some times allows access to the CRM server
and some times not so I turned that fully off.

This is also an issue when adding the Outlook client as the pop up blockers
seem to stop the client seeing the CRm server during instal.  After install
it does not seem to matter to the client.

Hope this helps.

Invoice Designer #3
I'm running Money Small Business 2004. I have gone into the invoice designer section of the program, and created an invoice template that I wish to use to print out my invoices. However I cannot find any way of getting the invoices created within Money to print out in this format. Is there any way to save this template so that it overwrites the standard invoice template which is quite unsuitable for my requirements (or is there some other way of getting the layout that I want?). None of the the help files within the program, the on-line Money 2004 manual or the web-based help files s...

IE8 Will Not Open in Windows 7
I purchased a new PC shortly before Windows 7 was launched. I was able to purchase a disk from the PC manufacturer allowing me to upgrade when Windows 7 was released. I have an IE icon in the task bar but wheh I click it, the hour glass appears fro a few seconds and vanishes. I have scoured for information including open IE with no add ons, creating a new icon etc but nothing works and it will not open. Any ideas please. Does it open in no add-ons mode? See this link for steps you can take http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213 -- -- "Brummie" <Brumm...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

XP Install
I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resides. Could someone provide a link giving me the process I should follow to successfully complete the upgrade ?? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On 06/20/2010 04:52 AM, Dilly Dally wrote: > I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resid...

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Lexmark driver for Windows Vista??
does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 printrio? Any help appreciated? On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:07:39 -0500, "Kitty Stringfellow" <kikkimomjj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 >printrio? >Any help appreciated? I'd suggest reposting your question in a newsgroup supporting Vista, or Lexmark. This newsgroup is for questions about designing relational database Queries in Microsoft Access. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...