New to CRM - Prefered Entry Methods

In the Contact/Accounts/Leads entry form, is there a
preferred or recommend way of typing in the phone, fax,
etc. numbers.  E.g. 604 222-2222 or 6042223333 or 604-222-
3333?

Also in the Address when creating, the Address Name would
be the building E.g. Shaw Tower, and for addresses, what
is recommended - Address 1 for 123 Main Street, and
Address 2 for P.O. Box?

With this in mind, what is the best way to enter the
Address in Outlook Contacts to ensure a smooth conversion?

Thanks!
Shauna

0
anonymous (74722)
8/6/2004 8:33:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Microsoft CRM does not care how you enter these values. Currently there is
no formatting checks for things like telephone numbers etc. You may want to
keep some form of company standard but today Microsoft CRM will not help you
enforce that. As always you can write custom code for Microsoft CRM to check
numbers and reformat if necessary. Hopefully later releases of Microsoft CRM
will allow you to field level validation ie if you enter a value in a phone
field, some custom code will fire that checks the format and if incorrect
asks you to re-enter etc.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Shauna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the Contact/Accounts/Leads entry form, is there a
> preferred or recommend way of typing in the phone, fax,
> etc. numbers.  E.g. 604 222-2222 or 6042223333 or 604-222-
> 3333?
>
> Also in the Address when creating, the Address Name would
> be the building E.g. Shaw Tower, and for addresses, what
> is recommended - Address 1 for 123 Main Street, and
> Address 2 for P.O. Box?
>
> With this in mind, what is the best way to enter the
> Address in Outlook Contacts to ensure a smooth conversion?
>
> Thanks!
> Shauna

0
John
8/6/2004 8:41:23 PM
Thanks. Looks like they still have some areas to continue
to improve upon.

Getting back to the last question, any recommendations
you have some across in your conversions?

Shauna

0
Shauna
8/6/2004 9:22:05 PM
Dear Shauna,

You have two solution:

1) To work on the some java script to enforce data entry validation
2) To enforce data valadation through MS CRM workflow (by using Post URL for
complex data validation)
> Thanks. Looks like they still have some areas to continue
> to improve upon.
>
> Getting back to the last question, any recommendations
> you have some across in your conversions?
>
> Shauna

0
Georges

Sales Distribution Entry table
Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales Distribution Entry window? Thanks. On Feb 27, 10:44=A0am, ALGP <gpjef...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales > Distribution Entry window? > > Thanks. SOP10102 ...

Restricting input box entries to integers
Dear Experts: below macro applies a user-defined paragraph style to rows using an input box. The macro is running fine. But the input box also allows for entries such as 7,2 (comma because I live in Germany). How do I have to re-write the code to only allow integers as input box entries? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub Tbl_BodyStyle() Dim oRng As Word.Range Dim oTbl As Word.Table Dim AskRowNumber As String Dim blnAsk As Boolean If Not Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) Then MsgBox "Please place the cursor...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

Find both matched and unmatched entries
Hi, I have two tables that I wish to find: 1) find matched data - copy that into a separate table 2) find unmatched data - copy that data into a separate table Can I achieve the above results with one query? I have three fields in each table that I would like to compare against: Client Data Status Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT Hi Yes you can use an append query to do this quite simple BUT you would end up with the same data in 2 tables which be a mistake. Maybe you could post some more details of what you are trying to do (the end result) a...

Problem with XmlDocument.Load method.
I get an unhandled exception, when I try to execute XmlDocument.Load(...) in my C# Windows application: -------------------------------------------- "Common Language Runtime Debugging Services" Process id... thread id... Click OK to terminate ... Click Cancel to Debug ... -------------------------------------------- Running environment: Windows 2000 Terminal Server, .NET Framework 1.1 with all latest service packs. But strangest thing is - if I run the same programm as an administrator,everything runs well, but if user is power user or User - I get this exception. Even more - I c...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

Reinstall Money on New Hard Drive
I installed Money Plus Deluxe on a desktop and a laptop, which expires Feb. 2010. The hard drive has to be replaced on the desktop and probably won't last much longer. Since I already activated Money twice, my understanding is that my choices are to purchase another copy of Money Plus to install on new hard drive and use until it expires in 2011, or purchase Quicken now to convert files and then re-install Quicken on new hard drive. Or would I be able to download my backup files of Money on new hard drive and then convert to a fresh install of Quicken without doing the con...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

mail method
How can I tell what mail method has been setup on my server? IE SimpleMail, SMTP... Thanks! I assume your talking about SMTP or ESMTP?, try telnetting to the server on port 25 and see what response you get, Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003 all support SMTP and ESMTP -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "becky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ba2701c4501a$c2214ab0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I tell what mail method has been setup on my > server? IE SimpleMail, SMTP... > > Thanks! ...

How do I arrange entries in a column alphabetically
I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? Select the column, go to Data > Sort, and sort ascending. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to >list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? >. > ...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Help! New to Publisher
What is the A...at the bottom of a page inside a small box? I am typing a newsletter. Shouldn't one page flow to the next like in Microsoft Office? If it is text overflow, I cannot retrieve. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. That indicates that there is more text inside that area that cannot be seen. If you stretch that text box down, you'll see the rest of your text. To make it flow from one box to another, you need to set it up for that. (I will admit that I break mine manually because I've never taken the time to learn how to do it correctly.) -- The problem with ...

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

New Mail [WILDPACKET]
Under Outlook I do a new message -> select Global Adress List -> then click on Find on the middle of the screen I window opens with so many fields such as Display Name, first Name, last name and so on. These fields only showuop if outlook user is online. if a user is offline s/he only sees one field when they hit find ...It shows only Find names containing. Is this behaviour by design? Advise Please. Thanks, "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Under Outlook I do a new message -> select Global Adress List -> then click >on Fin...

New to Visio-Hyperlink Question
I have created a flowchart in Visio 2000. I put in a hyperlink to another flowchart. When I view my flowchart in full-screen view I click on the hyperlink for the other flowchart and it opens in Actual Size mode w/ all the toolbars open. I would like for it to remain in full-screen mode for the flowchart I open when I click on the hyperlink. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance, Mike ...

Final entry in array
If I have an array (B2:B170), what formula do I need to get the final figure in the list reading from top to bottom? It could be cell 125, or cell 37, it will vary. On Nov 17, 4:41=A0pm, Esradekan <esrade...@gmail.com> wrote: > If I have an array (B2:B170), what formula do I need to get the final > figure in the list reading from top to bottom? =A0It could be cell 125, > or cell 37, it will vary. Forgot to say TIA. Sorry, stressed. Esra Hi, Try this =LOOKUP(TRUE,ISNUMBER(1/B2:B170),B2:B170) -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashish...

Adding new Online Service
I have my credit union set up under online service manager. I have second account at the credit union for my bowling league. It's a different account number and pin so I can't access it from the main account, at least I can't figure out how. I also have a 401K account with another financial institution. I can't figure out how to add a new Online Service which I would at least need to do to access my 401K account. I think I need to do that to get access to my bowling account online also. Can I do that? In microsoft.public.money, Bill Harrison wrote: >I have my credit u...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.