New license key for upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0

Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
accepted!

Thanks in advance,
~Maria
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads.
The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
accepted!

Thanks in advance,
~Maria

0
mattp651 (48)
1/8/2008 4:15:31 PM
Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??

~Maria

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads.
> The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>

> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
> during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
> accepted!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> ~Maria

It means use the trial upgrade keys now, then get apply the real ones later

> Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??
>
> ~Maria
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the
>> downloads.
>> The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>>

>> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
>> during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
>> accepted!
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> ~Maria

0
discussions (171)
1/8/2008 9:55:01 PM
The trial is good for 90 days.  We should all have 4.0 keys by then, hopefully.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> It means use the trial upgrade keys now, then get apply the real ones later
>

> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??
> >
> > ~Maria
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> >> Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the
> >> downloads.
> >> The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Matt Parks
> >> MVP - Dynamics CRM
> >>

> >> "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message
> >> Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
> >> during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
> >> accepted!
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> ~Maria

0
Bob4289 (354)
1/9/2008 12:14:02 AM
Hi Maria -

Did you updgrade with the trial key?  How did it work for you, any issues?

TIA -

Lawrence

"Maria Greendyk" wrote:

> Hmmm... so does this mean I can't upgrade just yet??
>
> ~Maria
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads.
> > The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Dynamics CRM
> >

> > "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted
> > during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0.  My current 3.0 license is not being
> > accepted!
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > ~Maria

0
Lawrence (25)

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

macros in excel #4
Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions "Jai" wrote: > Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions Can you elaborate on "Conditions" and what kind of report it is? May be I can pitch in .. I am a beginner too, but I can look around. I am trying to set up a report from database of vendors. Each vendor has it's own number. Some vendors are grouped together. In report, there should be list of each vendors and all grouped vedors should have subtotal for its data. I know it's easy to do a subt...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

New Problem
In 2007: In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next record when clicked. When I click it, I get this: The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK. Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work. Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button. Thanks in advance, Vito On 13 May 2010 16:00:59 GMT, Vito wrote: > In 2007: > > In ...

unable to archive #3
Hi, While i am trying to archive mails, i am getting following error"can't move the items.Some items could not be moved. They were already moved or deleted, or access was denied" Please help me. Clear your Deleted Items Folder and run Compact Now. Then run scanpst.exe against your pst-file to scan it for errors and try it again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Akhlesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

Auto Recovery #4
Hello everybody I have in excel option the autorecovery function on and is saving in the following path : C:\Documents and Settings\mnikolaou\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel The problem is that i was working a file and make some chanes while my computer crashes. When i made a restart it was imposible to find out the file i was working. not even in a recovery format. Is that option works properly or i have to make some other changes in the options in order to have backup files while i am working? Thanks in advance Manos Auto Recovery is supposed to work automatically so that you do n...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

v8 to v10 upgrade
We are finally upgrading to version 10. My database is approx 9GB. I have been waiting over 4 hours for the database to convert from 8 to 10. When I check my SQL activity monitor, it shows that something is still going on. Anyone worked with a database this size or larger? if so, how long did it take you to complete? thanks Brain, Definitely 9GB database will take some time. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Brian" wrote: > We are finally upgrading to version 10. My database is approx 9GB. I have > been waiting over 4 hours for ...

Report Manager #4
Hi I have created a cusomised toolbar but when I customise the toolbar I cannot find "Report Manager" anywhere to add to it. The odd thing is that it is on the main menu but does not appear in the customisable dialogue box. Does anyone know where to find it, so I can put it on my toolbar. Cheers -- All help much appreciated. Thanks I'm guessing you created this customized toolbar manually (not by code). If that's the case and you have "report manager" under the existing tools menu already (or is it under Data???). Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog ...

HUGE performance issue when upgraded to version 9
Just upgraded test to version 9. My laptop install and citrix are identical and logging into Dynamics is same (same DSN setup, same Dyn User ID used, same company logging into, same sql server that both workstations using, same set file, same dex.ini files, same everything): Citrix (quad processor with 2GB RAM, Win 2k SP#4,no users accessing this server): 157 seconds to completely log into company. My laptop (single processor, Windows xp, 1Gb RAM): 10 seconds to completely login This is such a huge drop that as of now, unusable to us. If sql and hardware, Dyn security etc is taken ...

Upgrading to Server 2008 R2 DC's
I run a one man IT shop and haven't done a major infrastructure change over before. We are looking at replacing and upgrading our small server infrastructure. I was hoping someone could give me some things to look out for. I basically want to replace all of our servers with new ones and migrate AD and Exchange up. Currently we have: 1x Server 2003 Standard SP2 that is Exchange Standard 2003 / DC / DNS (this has OWA facing internet) 1x Server 2003 Standard SP2 that is DC / DHCP 1x Server 2003 Standard SP2 that is a file server 1x off site hosted website I want to move to (i ...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

excel error "no more new fonts..."
Using Excel 2002. Pretty large sheet with about 60 tables. refuses to copy and paste a table. Getting error message "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" cannot find anything anywhere on this error. ...

Lost attachments after upgrading Outlook
I found a solution to a problem that must surely be plaguing others: the loss of attachments when upgrading from an earlier version of Outlook to a later version (to Outlook 2000 SP1?). I'm not sure when I lost the attachments, but based on my web sleuthing it seems like it was a result of updating from 2000 to SP1. Anyway, since I couldn't find a solution on the web easily, I'm posting this in hopes that either the page will be indexed by Google or that Microsoft will post a formal fix in its Knowledgebase. Here's the solution: find Outlook Express on your compu...

GP Upgrade #2
We just upgraded to GP 10.0. We want the salesmen to be able to enter their own orders, but we don't want them to be able to change the unit price or the extended price on the order. Is there a setting I can use for this? Thanks Angie I might be wrong but I think thats a security issue. -- Craig "Angie" wrote: > We just upgraded to GP 10.0. We want the salesmen to be able to enter their > own orders, but we don't want them to be able to change the unit price or > the extended price on the order. Is there a setting I can use for this? > > Than...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...

User Deleted From Active Directory Still holds a License
Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she still holds a license. How do I free up her license. I have tried threw the front end but it gives me the error "make sure object exsists in the active directory." any ideas Mark See the answer above. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:03 -0800, "ACDMark" <ACDMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she st...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

how do I apply more than 3 conditional formats in excel
I want to create a themal analysis problem whereby the results of the calculation are displayed in a grid of cells (representing the shape of the item). I then want to apply conditional formatting which colours the cells depending on the value. I want there to be 10 colours ranges. I can do this easily for four colours using standard conditional formatting but I want to use 10 colours, is there a way to expand the conditional formatting? Hi couple of options - there's a conditional formatting add-in available for download at www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html or you...

new recipient policy
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 (1 FE and 2 BE) mail system. Initially we had 2 recipient policies 1 with 7 smtp addresses and the default. We are growing etc and need to better manage our users and I don't want everyone to have to 10 email addresses. I made a new policy for the new domain I need to host. I gave it the first priority and added the new domain name @newdomain1. All the users who need this are in a global security group and I used that as the advanced criteria (IsExactly - pre-2000 name). I then did the same for 2 more domains (with different groups). And then I lef...

Automatically moving data #4

eConnect 10.0 and BizTalk 2006R2
I successfully installed BizTalk 2006R2 on W2K3SP2 and downloaded eConnect 10.0 from Customersource (the download is dated 10/17/07 I believe). However despite the documentation stating that there was an adapter for Biztalk, I did not see any option to install the BizTalk adapter when I installed the SDK. Does eConnect 10.0 even recognize BizTalk 2006 R2? ...