New fields won't save data ??

Hi

I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on accounts 
won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it blanks 
out the field.
When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save fine.

What could this be ?

Jack 

0
nomail3469 (25)
6/10/2008 8:44:06 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
764 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 18

It sounds like a javascript issue with the form.  I would check to see if any 
javascript is running against the form (Onload, Onchange, etc.)

Regards

"CRM consultant" wrote:

> Hi
> 
> I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on accounts 
> won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it blanks 
> out the field.
> When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save fine.
> 
> What could this be ?
> 
> Jack 
> 
0
Donna (199)
6/12/2008 12:50:00 PM
No there isn't any scripts but see what I found out last night

I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I
have converted it to CRM 4.0
Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these
fields on new accounts but not on the old ones.
We can save data in the old fields.
I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the
accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database.
How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would
take a long time.

Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another
solution ?

> It sounds like a javascript issue with the form.  I would check to see if 
> any
> javascript is running against the form (Onload, Onchange, etc.)
>
> Regards
>
> "CRM consultant" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on 
>> accounts
>> won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it 
>> blanks
>> out the field.
>> When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save 
>> fine.
>>
>> What could this be ?
>>
>> Jack
>> 

0
nomail3469 (25)
6/12/2008 3:51:49 PM
ok, that is quite different from what I thought you were asking.  

It looks like something didn't go well with the redeployment of the CRM 3 
server based on the following statement "I then took a look at the database 
and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved 
the database".  Is it possible that this client did not follow the 
re-deployment guide?  When you upgraded to CRM 4, did you attach to an 
existing database?

Direct inserts into the database is not supported.  Additionally, this might 
not be the only issue that this client has, as other issues may not have been 
discovered yet.  If it were me, I would re-deploy the CRM 3 server again and 
go through the upgrade process but that is your choice.

Thank you

"CRM consultant" wrote:

> No there isn't any scripts but see what I found out last night
> 
> I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I
> have converted it to CRM 4.0
> Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these
> fields on new accounts but not on the old ones.
> We can save data in the old fields.
> I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the
> accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database.
> How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would
> take a long time.
> 
> Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another
> solution ?
> 
> > It sounds like a javascript issue with the form.  I would check to see if 
> > any
> > javascript is running against the form (Onload, Onchange, etc.)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > "CRM consultant" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on 
> >> accounts
> >> won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it 
> >> blanks
> >> out the field.
> >> When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save 
> >> fine.
> >>
> >> What could this be ?
> >>
> >> Jack
> >> 
> 
0
Donna (199)
6/12/2008 5:20:00 PM
I'm affraid the data was already missing when they moved the database to new 
domain/server. They probably did this with migration tool and not with a 
backup of the database, else everything would have been there.
I have looked at other tables and they seem ok, it's not the upgrade to 4.0 
that made the problem since there are data in the accountextensionbase 2 
months before the upgrade, but they first discover the problem now because 
they haven't added custom fields before now.

> ok, that is quite different from what I thought you were asking.
>
> It looks like something didn't go well with the redeployment of the CRM 3
> server based on the following statement "I then took a look at the 
> database
> and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they 
> moved
> the database".  Is it possible that this client did not follow the
> re-deployment guide?  When you upgraded to CRM 4, did you attach to an
> existing database?
>
> Direct inserts into the database is not supported.  Additionally, this 
> might
> not be the only issue that this client has, as other issues may not have 
> been
> discovered yet.  If it were me, I would re-deploy the CRM 3 server again 
> and
> go through the upgrade process but that is your choice.
>
> Thank you
>
> "CRM consultant" wrote:
>
>> No there isn't any scripts but see what I found out last night
>>
>> I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I
>> have converted it to CRM 4.0
>> Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in 
>> these
>> fields on new accounts but not on the old ones.
>> We can save data in the old fields.
>> I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the
>> accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database.
>> How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would
>> take a long time.
>>
>> Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there 
>> another
>> solution ?
>>
>> > It sounds like a javascript issue with the form.  I would check to see 
>> > if
>> > any
>> > javascript is running against the form (Onload, Onchange, etc.)
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > "CRM consultant" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi
>> >>
>> >> I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on
>> >> accounts
>> >> won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it
>> >> blanks
>> >> out the field.
>> >> When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save
>> >> fine.
>> >>
>> >> What could this be ?
>> >>
>> >> Jack
>> >>
>> 

0
nomail3469 (25)
6/12/2008 6:49:10 PM
Wouldnt it be wise to create new database exporting the customisations (so it 
creates those fields), and reimporting the export data!
-- 
http://halo9.co.uk/blog


"CRM consultant" wrote:

> I'm affraid the data was already missing when they moved the database to new 
> domain/server. They probably did this with migration tool and not with a 
> backup of the database, else everything would have been there.
> I have looked at other tables and they seem ok, it's not the upgrade to 4.0 
> that made the problem since there are data in the accountextensionbase 2 
> months before the upgrade, but they first discover the problem now because 
> they haven't added custom fields before now.
> 
> > ok, that is quite different from what I thought you were asking.
> >
> > It looks like something didn't go well with the redeployment of the CRM 3
> > server based on the following statement "I then took a look at the 
> > database
> > and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they 
> > moved
> > the database".  Is it possible that this client did not follow the
> > re-deployment guide?  When you upgraded to CRM 4, did you attach to an
> > existing database?
> >
> > Direct inserts into the database is not supported.  Additionally, this 
> > might
> > not be the only issue that this client has, as other issues may not have 
> > been
> > discovered yet.  If it were me, I would re-deploy the CRM 3 server again 
> > and
> > go through the upgrade process but that is your choice.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "CRM consultant" wrote:
> >
> >> No there isn't any scripts but see what I found out last night
> >>
> >> I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I
> >> have converted it to CRM 4.0
> >> Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in 
> >> these
> >> fields on new accounts but not on the old ones.
> >> We can save data in the old fields.
> >> I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the
> >> accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database.
> >> How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would
> >> take a long time.
> >>
> >> Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there 
> >> another
> >> solution ?
> >>
> >> > It sounds like a javascript issue with the form.  I would check to see 
> >> > if
> >> > any
> >> > javascript is running against the form (Onload, Onchange, etc.)
> >> >
> >> > Regards
> >> >
> >> > "CRM consultant" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Hi
> >> >>
> >> >> I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on
> >> >> accounts
> >> >> won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it
> >> >> blanks
> >> >> out the field.
> >> >> When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save
> >> >> fine.
> >> >>
> >> >> What could this be ?
> >> >>
> >> >> Jack
> >> >>
> >> 
> 
0
6/18/2008 3:51:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Pasting data from Excel
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I should be posting this question here or in the Excel forum but here goes. Is it possible to copy data from multiple cells in Excel and then paste them into multiple lines of the criteria section of an Access query? For example, Given cells and values: A1- 1 A2- 2 A3- 3 I would like to be able to copy this data from Excel and paste it into an Access query like : Criteria: 1 or: 2 3 I am using Access 2002 SP3 and Exc...

Printing data forms
I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is there a way? In some event of the form (a button, a click of the form itself, whatever): Me.PrintForm "Curious" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170101c47bf9$f9191420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is > there a way? If you mean the form you get when you do Data=>Form with the form displayed, do Alt+Print Screen. then drop the form and go to a new worksheet and do Edit=>Paste This will put an image of the form on the worksheet and yo...

Free Data Process/Query Tool
If you use Excel everyday and spend lots of time on data/text processing, then you will find the this tool (UDQ Add-in) is very powerful and can speed up your daily data processing work. Currently the tool is free for everyone. Please feel free to distribute this tool to your friends/colleagues if you think it is helpful to your work. The following is a list of features/functionality of the tool: 1> Query/Import Data from Multiple External Data/Text/ASCII Files (Can useful import data from hundreds of files within minutes) 2> Query/Import Data from Multiple Closed Excel Files (Can...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

Limits on Exporting Outlook Contact Data
Anyone know how to get custom fields, follow-up flags, and/or the "contacts" (links between contacts) from MS Outlook 2003 to Excel, CSV, Goldmine, or Act? The standard export utility in Outlook does not offer export of these fields. Most important is the links between contacts. You'd have to write your own code to do this. A key issue would be what information from the linked contact(s) you want to include. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode....

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

Set field focus in a subroutine
In Access 2003 (Windows XP) I am passing the value of a field in a textbox on a form to a subroutine to validate that the date value is within a range. If the date is out of range I would like to set the focus of the field on the form and display an error message. When I pass in the field to the subroutine, I get a compile error "Invalid qualifier" when I try to set focus to the date field. How can I set the focus to the field within the subroutine. Here is the subrotuine code: Public Sub CheckDates(date1 As Date) If Not IsNull(date1) And date1 < [Forms]![frmMR...

Select Rows dependant on certain field data
How can I select certain rows in a spreadsheet based upon the text foun in one column? To explain: All rows have a column that contains tex "immediate" or "ongoing" or "closed". How can I select only the row that contain the word "immediate" in that column? When I say select a mean select as in ready to 'copy' or 'cut' tha data ready to be pasted elsewhere. I know what I mean :confused -- Madd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Maddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

sort data without changing pattern
I have a worksheet where every other row has a 'pattern' in it to help make it easier to read across the spreadsheet. The problem I'm running into is as I add new rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet and then resort them into their correct place, the patterns go with the sort and now the patterns have to be redone again the get them back to every other row. Any suggestions? This will happen if your patterns are manually applied. It would be better to remove that manual shading and to apply background colours using conditional formatting, the condition being if th...

Customizing Contact Data
Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? -- Thank you very much. Tall Paul. "TallPaul" <TallPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1DDD4F-BDCB-42F8-8F99-A2D674482E8E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others > that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? What type of information do you want to collect? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] TallPaul wrote: > Is...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Obtain data from list
I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in worksheet. I have 2 sheets - On Sheet 1 - I have drop downs. Whatever is selected in the list - I want to show that value in a cell on Sheet 2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi, I think if you just change the properties of your dropdown so that the linked cell refers to the cell on your other sheet, it should work fine. Right-click on the dropdown and goto properties...Linkedcell. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in >worksheet. > >I have 2 sheets -...

Updating large pivot source data
Hello, I'm experiencing the following problem with a very simple macro in Excel 2007 to update pivot table data source. That is, my data has more than 74000 rows and I'm trying to update the source data with the following code: Sub Macro1() Dim rng1 As Range Set rng1 = Sheets("Test_sheet").Range("A1:A74000") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot-taulukko1").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _ PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=rng1, _ Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12) End Sub The problem is that the code ...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

No New Mail
HI All Can anyone help me I have a number of users that are experiencing a problem. The problem is that a new mail icon will appear in their task bar but when they open outlook there is no message in there inbox. Has anyone seen this before? We are running a Exchange 2003. Please Help. Thanks Does the message gets deleted by a rule or the server by te anti-virus/spam software? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Stuart Hagon" <anonymous@discuss...

new vendor creation
How can I get GP to assign the next vendor number? Right now we are having to keep track, and populate the vendor card with the next available number. It seems like an easy function, that GP should be able to do??????? Any suggestions? Lisa, It is not built-in but it is easy enough to create a VBA modificaton that will get the next vendorID for you. If you have Customization Site Enabler or Modifier licensed, your partner should be able to help you quite easily or you can post back here for help. HS "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF47A...

Easier setup for new Roth 401k
A client informed us that as of 4/1/06, the IRS makes it possible for employees to elect an after-tax contribution to their 401k, as well as their pre-tax contribution. The Retirement Plans Enrollment screen makes it possible to have an employee choose both pre- and after- tax contributions, however only one benefit/deduction is created. Therefore, a separate, non-linked benefit/deduction need to be created for the post-tax contributions. This causes a real headache for maintaining employer match and employee maximums. Proposal would be to create one Retirement (401k) plan, with on...

Progress bar doesn't appear when saving
The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document - even though we have the Status Bar on. We are using 2003 SP2 with the Adobe & LiveMeeting integrations. Even with disabling the integrations and removing macros, we cannot seem to get the progress bar back. any ideas? My support guy says to uninstall/reinstall Office to fix this, but with 67 users, I would rather not. khw ---------------------------------------- Hello? khw ---------------------------------------- "khw" wrote: > The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document -...

Default recipient for new messages?
Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new messages? yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new > messages? Do you mean that you want a particular person to receive a copy of all the mail you send? There's a rule that will do that. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new >> messages? > > > Do you mean that you want a particular person to rec...

Cannot edit customer data in additional tab at HQ
I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop then send to HQ. At HQ, Why cant I edit customer data in additional tab? Or even I create new global customer at HQ, I cannot add data in addtional tab too, it is gray out. Is there any setting that I need to do? Thank you for any help. -- Jeed I believe, just like when editing items in HQ, you have to be in Maintenance Mode. Ed -- RMS 2.0 / HQ 2.0 Server 2003 / XP "Jeed" wrote: > I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop > then send to HQ. At HQ, Why ca...

converting data
Have made an x-y scatter chart with temperature on the y axis and time on the x axis.The data was imported and the temperature is in centigrade.How can I convert the data into degrees fahrenheit? The temperature data is in column B and contained in over 400 cells The only way I know how to do this is manually converting each cell but this will take forever.Can anyone show me how to convert the entire column with a formula perhaps? -- sghioto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sghioto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed.
Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed. I am using XP, with Outlook 2003. For some reason, all my 800 contacts are having a problem. When I open the contact screen the "Full Name... " field is displaying names backwards. "Mr. John Smith" displays as "Mr. Smith John" I have checked my "Contacts Options" selection for default Full Name order and it correctly displays "First (Middle) Last"... I have noticed that if I delete the name and re-enter it, it displays correctly, however I cannot spend the time to d...

Pulling/Collating Data
Hi, I have a workbook with 31 sheets (diary) A9:F9 (and other rows) is the info I want with the employee's initials in G9 There are multiple entries for the employee so he may reappear in row 13 and 15 I want to pull all the lines that relate to that employee from the 31 sheets into a separate workbook Thanks What is the name of the "separate workbook"? And in what sheet of this "separate workbook" do you want this data placed? Do you want only that data that pertains to that one employee whose initials are in G9? G9 of what sheet? Otto &qu...