New CRM Database Views

I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report
requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and
I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM
database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views?
0
bradlaw (133)
5/16/2008 9:13:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

 If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database
then you will see the ffiltered views of table.
I have created Reports in Business intelligence  by using existing
views of CRM .

These views correspond to the security role of crm users.

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
5/17/2008 10:52:15 AM
Hello there,

It's a good practice to create a new database to hold your new views,
just like you read about. The only remark is about taking your new
database (and views) to the CRM Client Offline, when needed, of
course.

You'll have to save your connection string to this new database inside
somewhere in your application (or in the server registry). And if you
have Outlook Client Offline, this connection string should be
available too.

I mean, there isn't much of a secret about it. You really need to
create another database and remember where it will be neede (only
online, only in a offline report, or both).

Regards,
Leo Lopes @ L3
0
leonardol (6)
5/17/2008 2:54:58 PM
Amir the existing views do have the data but I feat that the
complexity of the SQL will be very slow for use by a dashboards.

Leo, thanks for the suggestions, it appears to be more hours involved
than we are getting paid for (Pilot). I'll need to look into using the
existing views I suppose.
0
bradlaw (133)
5/20/2008 1:10:49 PM
Not sure what you are concerned about with the Filtered views, but if you
need to enforce the row-level security that CRM has, then that is your only
option.  Bypassing these views will end up with access to all records
(assuming you have done the needed SQL grants).

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
Amir the existing views do have the data but I feat that the
complexity of the SQL will be very slow for use by a dashboards.

Leo, thanks for the suggestions, it appears to be more hours involved
than we are getting paid for (Pilot). I'll need to look into using the
existing views I suppose.

0
mattp651 (48)

Store Procedures in CRM 1.2 no consistant
Hi, When running the Upgrade adviser, i get the following problem. Stored procedures in CRM DB not consistant with CRm 1.2??? Seems some of them are lost??? Don't know how or why but i need to know how to fix... , Secondly, the MSSearch Service will not start, Anyone had problems with this, says it can't find the file specified??? ...

Missing Form View
I have a front end containing some 60 forms with subforms. Somehow all the forms connected to one Tabular object (?) show blank. I can see the forms in design view, can see the headers in datasheet view, but cannot see anything in Form view which is where we want to input our data. I have checked all the hidden properties, imported to a new DB and checked my tape backups. It seems as though everytime I open a backup, the forms disapear again. I am using a backup from a date where I know the forms were there because it is our monthly metrics and I did an upload from them last month. I ca...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

View row and column headings
I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and column headings and the select all button. How do I re- display? Tools>Options>View tab>check the Row and Column Headers box>OK. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072b01c39939$984acb50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and > column headings and the select all button. How do I re- > display? ...

Error Opening Forms After adding New Field
I added a new field in the opportunity Schema, Published it. I then added it to the opportunity form. Now when I try to open any lead, contact, account or opportunity form I get the "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" error. Full message is Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 16/09/2005 Time: 11:37:37 User: N/A Computer: HPCRM1 Description: MSCRM Application Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error ...

CRM Email Router #2
Hi, All ! I have some problems with CRM3.0 (latest beta) and the Email Router. The Exchange Server and the CRM Server (+SQL 2005) are on different machines within the same domain. CRM Email Router installs the service as "localsystem" by default. When Trying to send a Mail to a crm-enabled user (rule deployed), I receive an Error in the event log for the CRM Email Router: HTTP Request unauthorized. OK, No I changed the owner of the Service to "Domain Administrator" and gave this user access to the Exchange Email Account for CRM forwarding. I also switched off the p...

CRM 4 mail merge from Outlook fails with redirected profile folder
We're experiencing the following issue and cant work out why it's happening except to say it only occurs when using folder redirection for the 'Application Data' folder in a user's roaming profile. If we disable this and make it a local folder the mail merge works correctly. The problem occurs when running a mail merge against more than one contact record (This is a general problem that occurs from any entity). When the mail merge is completed, either via 'Edit individual letters' or 'print', and the option to create activities is chosen, only the fir...

CRM Licences #2
Hi, It has become apparent since installing CRM 4 that we also need CRM 3 due to some of the systems that we have integrating with it and the need for mobile users to be able to access the system from a PDA. I have used a seperate server and installed CRM 3 and used a 10 user licence. I need to add more licences to the server so my question is how do I do that, where do I get licences from and what type of licences do they need to be? Sorry that was 3 questions. Thanks in advance Contact Microsoft Volume Licensing. You can probably purchase a ver 4 CAL and recieve a Ver 3 along w...

Track email whitout a valid contact person in CRM
When I track an email to CRM and there is no contact person in CRM. Then the email is still tracked but the user is not aware of, that the system could'nt find a contact person. The email is tracked to the CRM but with a read alert on the email, saying that it could'nt find the senders email. This information would be nice to see in outlook, so the user is aware about to create the contact in the CRM. Is it possible to get an alert when there is no contact person ? Is it possible to get the system to ask if you want to create a new contact person when the senders email is not...

CRM Snap in- Domain not found
Greetings and thank in advance for any responses or assistance. We have about 10 users on notebooks that require the Outlook client. From day one of our CRM deployment one not book would be loaded with the client, but after a few days usage the client would respond during going "On-Line" with an error; "Domain not found" during the synch process. We tried numerous times of uninstalling/reinstalling, it would work for a few days, then back to the same error. This issue has occurred on more then one notebook but not as servier or frequent. On some notebooks there has not be...

New Blank Query Shortcut
Hi, I've looked through several different shortcut sites, but haven't been able to find a keyboard shortcut to create a new blank query in Access 2007. Is there a keyboard shortcut for this? Thanks! On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:00:01 -0800, evajen01 wrote: > Hi, > > I've looked through several different shortcut sites, but haven't been able > to find a keyboard shortcut to create a new blank query in Access 2007. Is > there a keyboard shortcut for this? > > Thanks! Don't know about A2007, but in previous versions Alt+N opens the ...

Signature always Times New Roman
Hi all, I have a client that has a signature, written in html, it displays fine in the signature preview pane. Word formatting is turned off. Html emails are turned on. The signature is very plain, just some arial text formatted using style="font-family:arial" but although his email body text shows as arial, his sig text does not. This is frustrating and is taking far far longer then a normal sig file creation should, because it just isn't displaying correct. I have created many many other signature files before, so i am quite baffled by this. If anyone can shead some lig...

New e-mail server to replace old
Hi, We currently have a domain for hosting. Withing this domain is a terminal server and an exchange 2000 box. Both the boxes are DCs and containt the active directory accounts. The mail server is now getting very old. We plan to promote a new DC and have this as our main one, taking away the DC roles from the other 2 boxes. I then am using a new box (decent spec) to replace the old mail server. Now my question is what is the easiest way to do this!? I don't want to have to recongfigue loads of things. I don't want much down time. I also don't want to have to configure Outl...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

How do I view complete text content in an Excel Comment box?
When scrolling over comment boxes in Excel, I can only partially view note content. Is it possible to specifiy the size of the comment box OR is there any simple method available to view complete contents of comment box while scrolling over? Right-click>Edit Comment>Drag to re-size. Or re-size all using code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html#Resize Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 02:41:01 -0700, Deaglan1 <Deaglan1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When scrolling over comment boxes in Excel, I can only partially view note ...

CRM 1.2 hangs with Windows XP SP2 RC1, which new security reg key to change?
Hi all, Ive installed crm1.2 to eval and the xpsp2rc1 test pc cannot get past the first page, the window hangs. Other machines are fine, so Im guessing its one of the new com, rpc or other security "fixes" in xpsp2 thats bust it. Does anyone know which one its likely to be, so I can disable the right one? Thanks Rich Hi: Is this in the browser client or SFO client? If it's the browser SP2 includes a pop-up blocker and such blockers break the CRM functionality...you can disable the new IE pop-up blocker (it's on by default) by opening IE and clicking Tools->Pop-Up...

Installing CRM 1.2
Hi, I've tried to install CRM 1.2 in a Win 2K server with Exchange 2000 and SQL Server 2000. The Active Directory is in native mode but, when setup starts, a message box appears saying that I must have my active directory in native mode. Any ideas? > I've tried to install CRM 1.2 in a Win 2K server with Exchange 2000 and SQL > Server 2000. > The Active Directory is in native mode but, when setup starts, a message box > appears saying that I must have my active directory in native mode. 1. Log on to Domain Controller machine using an account that is a member of the do...

Issues Installing MS CRM on SBS 2003 R2
Hi, I have downloaded the new version of CRM available on the MS website (File Version - 3.0.5300.9) to install on a recent SBS 2003 R2 server but I am having issues at the first instance. The install fails to find the Reporting Services Report Server. SBS 2003 R2 uses SQL 2005 workgroup edition and we have updated the SharePoint instance to SQL 2005. The only instance of the Reporting Services currently installed in on the Default Web site for SharePoint in the virtual director Reports$SHAREPOINT. Should I use this instance to install CRM or should I install another instance of SQL ...

Outlook Express "losing" new emails
I hope someone can help, I have a problem with OU V5.5. I just upgraded to OE 6 to fix the problem, but it persists. 1) All my existing "Inbox" messages now show as unopened and unread. New messages are received fine and once opened and read the entries go from bold to normal text and the mail icon changes appropriately. The problem is that if I exit OE then reopen OE, these new messages are missing from inbox. The old messages are still present, unless I open them and exit OE. At first I thought the messages had been lost but I have performed searches for the missing mails - an...

New to Money, need info about monthly statement, balance info, ect
I have used QBooks and Quicken for years, but have never used any automatic or downloaded information until now. Due to a hard drive crash I figured I would try something new for my personal financial stuff. (nothing ventured, nothing gained) Money Deluxe 2006 sucessfully downloaded almost all my accounts and their balances. My questions are: My adjusted balance is way off my actual bank balance. I know about the cleared check stuff, but is additional information downloaded during the monthly statement cycle? Or do I need to back up and enter the last few weeks of deposits and wit...

Bare LFs when using bulk email / reply from CRM client.
Hi, We have an issue where the bulk email or replying to an email using the CRM client causes some emails to be rejected by mail servers due to CRM not properly terminating strings with a CRLF. Instead, on occasions, the emails end up having just an LF which some mail servers will reject (http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html). This does appear to be a known issue with CRM 3.0. I have an EmailCallout DLL that will rewrite messages to replace any bare LFs with the correct CRLF. However when I try it I don't see any improvement. Below is the callout.config.xml file I have written. Is it ...

Help: Need tool to monitor crm web service
All, We currently have CRM 3.0 and using a program called Zfirm Omnirush. I have been trying to this working but have encountered some errors and have worked with Zfirm to try to resolve. They mention that the issue might be something related to the CRM Web service. Is there a tool or a way for us to monitor the CRM web service to see why the CRM web service is failing on specific calls? Thanks, Tai Hi, You can use tracing. Please don't forget to turn off tracing when you are ready. Use the diag tool to turnon/off tracing. http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2007/09/13/c...

Email tracking to non CRM contacts
Hi, If you manually select 'Track in CRM' from the toolbar on an email, and the sender and recipent are NOT in CRM, where does the email get stored in CRM? I've tested this and done an advanced find, and found the email that has been sent in CRM, but as the sender and recipient are not found in CRM, where is the email allocated...? Is it in a queue somewhere...? I can;t seem to see where it has gone but it is in CRM for sure. Thanks for any guidance. Nik Hi Nik, the email should appear in the user's personal queue - either In Progress or Assigned - I can't remember...

email attachment to multiple recipients, CRM 4.0, marketing list
email attachment to multiple recipients: Can this be done in CRM 4.0? Using marketing lists should enable sending attachment to multiple recipients. What is the solution, in terms of using the given customization GUI in CRM 4.0? 10x No answers anywhere... I have been trying to tackle this problem for weeks in crm 4. I can't believe that Microsoft omitted the feature of being able to send contacts emails with attachments. With all the hype about how great CRM is for creating and tracking a campaign, you can't actually -send- a brochure, a newsletter... The closest thi...

Outlook Invisible To Copernic On New Laptop
Looking for clues as to why Copernic Desktop Search (version 1.7) should be unable to find my Outlook 2000 files. The two work perfectly together on two previous laptops (same software) but on my new laptop (Toshiba M5) the Outlook entry in the 'Email Folders to Index' section of Copernic is greyed out. CDS 'sees' Outlook Express but not Outlook. Everything else works fine - it's just that CDS can't index my Outlook emails. I've tried using IE/Tools/Internet Options/Programs to switch to email software to Outlook Express and then back to Outlook. Also tried rei...