Net Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector fo

Has anyone been successful installing the 2.0 framework on the CRM server
when using the GP connector?  The documentation states:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector
for Microsoft Dynamics GP

Does this mean I cannot install the framework on the CRM server, or the
integration server, or both?

I'd like to upgrade our web server to SharePoint 3.0, but I cannot because
CRM is on the same device.  Is there a service pack to fix this problem, or
has anyone found a way around it?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

..NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications should be able to work on the same machine.  As
long as you specivy different application pools for 1.1 and 2.0 applications
and specify the relevant version of the framework (.NET 2.0 or SP V3.0 and
..NET 1.1 for CRM) in the application properties I would expect things should
go OK.

Andy

"Conn Campbell" wrote:

> Has anyone been successful installing the 2.0 framework on the CRM server
> when using the GP connector?  The documentation states:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector
> for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>
> Does this mean I cannot install the framework on the CRM server, or the
> integration server, or both?
>
> I'd like to upgrade our web server to SharePoint 3.0, but I cannot because
> CRM is on the same device.  Is there a service pack to fix this problem, or
> has anyone found a way around it?

missing public folder #2
For some reason completely unknown to me, many of the public folders dissappeared from the M drive and are no longer accessible from the Outlook clients. On the other hand, when I look at the Exchange administration program the folders are all there and the permissions seem correct. Is there any way of getting these back without doing a complete system/Exchange restore? Sounds like Joe has exactly the same problem I am describing. I did look at the EMS and all of the folders are indicated and the permissions are correct. No one touched these things. Still they do not appear on the M drive a...

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

error 0 while exporting store from hq
Getting this error message while exporting store database from HQ even after October 2004 hotfix. An error was encountered while exporting data. Store operation database is not complete and may not work. Error 0 Sagar, You said the Oct hotfix. Do you mean hotfix # 887064 or the Nov # 887168? The Nov. hotfix says it fixes; Exporting a store from HQ database will cause an Error 0 message when HQ database is named with number. Is this the problem? If so, contact your reseller or M$ for the hotfix by opening a support incident or call 888-400-4266. -- = "Sagar Lipare" <Sa...

Messages rejected by receive connector
I administer a set of Exchange 2007 servers in a somewhat complex organization. We are one of 7 domains all in the same forest. One of the other domains has set up a distribution group. When people from outside our network email the distribution group, they receive an error that the message was rejected with an <#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender> error. I currently have the default settings on my receive connectors. It is my understanding that since this is coming from another Exchange 2007 server in the same organization it shoul...

Reply To CRM emails not capture
Ok here's the scenario Step A - send out an email using SFO's CRM email - recipient gets email message - CRM creates email activity in History Step B - recipient sends back a reply from message - email comes into SFO/inbox (yes GUID number is in subject line) - CRM creates email activity in History Step C - send back a reply to recipient using "reply" in Outlook (it works if I go into CRM, serach for activity and use reply in web pages) - email is sent to recipient - NO activity is created (even though message threat was created originally in CRM and it still has trackin...

How to upgrade from CRM 3 to 4 with CRM 3 to GP 9 connector in pla
I currently have an environment with CRM 3.0 and the integration connector to GP 9.0. I'd like to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 in-place. Is there anything special I need to do to keep the CRM to GP connector working after the upgrade? There's no custom code or custom workflows as part of the CRM/GP integration, just a vanilla install. Thanks! Hi Bill, I am sorry to say that currently no connector available for GP with CRM version 4.0 from Microsoft. Neither the existing connector works with version 4.0. You may have to migrate to any of the 3rd party vendors such as Scribe. If ...

MS CRM Client for Outlook on Home Edition
I can install the CRM 3.0 Outlook clients on a Windows XP home edition? Lorenzo Soncini Trento - Italy Hi Lorenzo, Windows XP Home Edition is not a supported operating system for CRM Client. For supported configurations and details, please see the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en -- Best Regards, Eric Chen [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lorenzo Soncini" <lorenzo.soncini@technoservice.com> wrote in message...

Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database
Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database If you are thinking of moving your CRM database to another server in the same domain I thought I would just write down my experiences of this process that may help others when they have to do the same. The Scenario: We had a CRM system running on one machine (CRM, IIS, SQL Server, ReportServer) and wanted to move the database to a better machine to help with the performance improvement on the CRM system. We didn’t want to have too much down-time and didn’t want to have to go through the joy of reinstalling CRM. The Solution: Having done a bit of research ...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Exmerge Utility #2
Would someone please inform me where I can get the exmerge utility for Exchange 5.0 , had it email from Microsoft some years ago but nowhere to be found now. Thank You. George, You should be able to get a copy without charge by calling into support. -- Isaac B. Carter MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "George P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:acef01c4369a$e6a31f10$a1...

RMS1.2-GP8.0 Integration
Iam facing a critical issues regarding one of my implementation of GP 8.0 and RMS 1.) when will the integration utility between RMS and GP9.0 will be released. ? 2.) HQ db is on one server while GP db is on another server. When we try to link the 2 databases using the above utility which makes use of Linked server technology, we are not able to do so? Please note our architecture is such that 2 dbs has to reside on separate server . 3.) When we did a test integration with the sample HQ db with sample GP TWO db ( in this case residing on same server ) everything goes fine except ...

Reference 2
How do I have a cell look at another cell and make a calculation. For example: A B C (197) 3500 500 If column A is less than B then have the calculation of the amount of (C) it would take to bring it to positive standing. The answer should be 4000. That is (8) lots of 500 to make the amount 3803. That is C times (8) minus 197. If (A) was 3501 then I would have a return value of 0. I would not need to replenish. Assuming your numbers are in cells A1 B1 and C1 then put this formula in cell D1: =IF(A1<B1,(ROUNDUP((B1-A1)/C1,0))*C...

CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive
Hi, When I'm trying to instal MSCRM Integration with Great Plains v. 1.2 results in this error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive. Please resolve the issue and re-start setup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The integration server is running on Win 2000 Server SP4. The system partition and hard drive already using NTFS file system. Any suggestions? Thanx, David ...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Month display in Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar
When using Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar in Month view, Saturday and Sunday are combined as one square (yes, they do have the date numbers and a line between them). This may be convenient for people using Outlook only for business purposes, but if someone were to have a job that involved weekends, or was not using Outlook for business purposes at all (which is my case), this could be extremely annoying. I would like to know if there is a way to display the Month view as the standard Sunday on the left and Saturday on the right, with Monday through Friday in between. I want all d...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

CRM Sales for Outlook
I have had to re-install Sales for Outlook a couple of time (including moving from one CRM target server to another, and back again), and now when I try to 'Go Off- line' I get an error stating 'The subscription already exists.'. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks ...

embedded pictures #2
I recently upgraded to the office environment. I am very dismayed to find out that I now have to open each attatchment to view the contents of graphics. In the previous version of outlook express Having images open when I previewed my email was quick and easy. Is there any way to set up office outlook with this same capability? Thanks in advance. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Stick with Novell or move to Microsoft?
My school district has been using Novell products from some time. We have 4 Netware 6.5 file servers, Bordermanager with integrate content filter (BESS), and Groupwise 7. We have about 1300 workstations on campus, about 3/4 Windows based and 1/4 Mac. For a variety of reasons, over the next 2 months we will be assessing whether we stay with Novell products or migrate to Microsoft products for our back office needs. A few of the reasons for us even to contemplate this move: 1. We are in the midst of wireless network install and would like to use 802.1x authentication on the wireless side. The o...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...