Need to convert "Description" only from the lead

Some leads are already existing accounts and contacts but we would like to
convert the description from the lead to an account or contact but this is
not allowed in current version 3.0. Can you add "Description" in one of the
list of records when converting from the lead? Also we should be able to
choose an account or contact without having to check off opportunity.
Currently you have to check off an opportunity to be able to look up
"Potential Customer" to choose from but I need it to be able to do it for all
of the records (Account, Contact, Opportunity, and Description). Can this be
done in 3.0 or maybe add on next version?

Thanks,

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8aa3e4d1-65ab-43a7-9211-bafeb8b52465&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Increasing Extended Description?
What about increasing the extended description? It now holds 256 characters. What would the impact be if increased to 1000, if that's even possible. -- Thanks,Jan Don't change the field sizes in the database. You'll regret it sooner or later. In the database, Item.Extended Description is a ntext field anyway, which means it will hold as much text as you can type. The POS & Manager interfaces may limit the data entry or display areas, but the data base has an unlimited text field. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com...

Analytical Acctg should allow reporting on the item description
Analytical Accounting allow you to report on the item number but only shows the item description as a "pop up" message not a reportable field. We invested many hours entering the description into the set up card - we want that description in the reports that we create. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Suspended block chart (sorry not sure about the description)
I would like to generate a chart but I'm not sure how to describe it so I have included a crude version below. Would appreciate any help on this...Thanks | | | |--| |--| | | | | | | | | |--| | | | |--| | | | | | | | | |--| | | | |--| | | | |--| |__|__|____________________|--|______ Hi Mike, Take a look at these...

Item Description Field
I noticed that this field is 30 chars long in the table. Can we just change the field to 40 chars to give us more descriptive space? Or will that screw up the whole program? Yes, that will screw up the program. Use the Extended Description field for long descriptions. There is an option in SO Manager/File/Configuration to show the extended description. This will make Ext. Description show on the POS, but not in the item list window... Using "Find" you can search by Ext. Description though... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ...

add spell checker for comment and description fields
a client has asked if GP could have a spell checker, particularly for comment and description fields ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f369f3e0-f5c0-4e10-a403...

Printing Sub Descriptions on Reports
I know the Reports available are pretty robust but I have been unable to create a report that will display the Extended and Sub Descriptions. Does anyone even know if this is possible? PLEASE HELP ASAP. I know that they will display the above referenced Descriptions on the reciept but again have not been able to create any kind of report with them displayed with the item associated. Thanks to anyone who can help.. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0405_01C6E973.0BF36850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

Quote auto populating product description
Hi, I'm trying to do something that I would have thought would be really easy but am having problems. When I add a product to a quote, I want it to automaticaly pull through the product description to the quote and place it in the "Product Description". I've tried going into Setting \ Customerise Entities and the Quote Product \ Product relationship is not mappable. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance Chris You can do this in two ways, by use of a callout which on post create or post update sets the product description. Or you can use javascript to call ...

Flag Status Field Position on Description Bar.
I want to position the Flag Status field to br the first column on the left but after editing "Current View," "Fields," etc.,the field remains the last column on the right. OS ther a way to move the "Flag Status" field? Thanks, Ed No, you can't change the location of the Status Flag but you can you can place the column Follow Up Flag anywhere you want. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original...

Description when closing opportunity cannot be retrieve
Hi all, When I close an opportunity, I'm prompted to enter the status (Won/Lost) as well as enter the description for closing. However this description field doesn't seem to be retrievable at all. I tried opening up the closed opportunity, or looking at the reports, there is no way to retrieve this "Closing Description" field. Any1 has any idea how to go abt it? Thanks The values are stoped on the opportunity form. Access via the customisation menu; go to the Administration tab and edit the properties of the status field. You will see three drop down values for ea...

Add description for a text box in Access forms
I have a text box where the user is expected to enter dates.But i want to display a message < dd-mm-yyyy> highlighted with a blue blackground to give a visual clue that only such a date format will be accepted. -- from chanakya Baruva You can use the ToolTip for this function but you do not have control over the colors. Stephan Lebans has a ToolTip where you do have control over these items. http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm chanu wrote: >I have a text box where the user is expected to enter dates.But i want to >display a message < dd-mm-yyyy> highlighted ...

Item Description in POS should not be uniique.
While entering items I have to come up with a unique description for every items, even for similar items. For instance: If I have to enter 2 shirts from different manufacturers, understandably it will have 2 different Item #, Barcode #, but 2 different descriptions? Shirt1, Shirt2, Shirt3 .... etc. What if I have 10 shirts from 10 different manufacturers. I will have to number the description Shirt1, Shirt2 till 100 and it will again show in Item barcode tag that doesen't make sense. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

Extended Description
We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchronization with the Store we can see some of the Items Extended Description has been truncated to 30-35 Characters in Store and HQ. How can we solve this problem? Hi Rainu, there are 2 thngs which you can do to check this one the log of HQ Server (Sync Log) and the 2nd is to check the sync process using the SQL Profile this is only possible if you have enterprise edition of sql server, I do always use this and find many of my problem solutions. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchroni...

windows Media Center
Hi Gurus, Does anyone know how to add Video Library descriptions? When I go to the Video Library I can see all my home movies in AVI format (thumbnails) and I am trying to make it so I can put a one paragraph description for that movie that can be somehow be viewable. The "I" button on my remote doesnt bring up any real useful information. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate Media Center. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Try: My Movies for Windows Media Center http://www.mymovies.dk/download/windows-media-center.aspx ...

RMS Table Structure & Field Description
Hello, RMS table names are very self-explanatory. However, sometimes I'm having tough time identifying the fields in the tables and what are they for. Is there a list of field description and its types for some of RMS main tables?(ie: Transaction, TransactionEntry, etc.) For Example: I'm looking at Transaction table and with RecallID and RecallType, I have no ideas what RecallID '65' means and RecallType '1' means. Please help/ Contact me by email and i will send you a comprehensive doument on RMS Store and HQ tables and what they mean. Afshin Alikhani - afshi...

Table / Column descriptions
Is there ANYWHERE that you can find what the column names in each table represent ? Such as there is a column in the SOP10200 table that is PURCHSTAT. Some of them are a 1 and some are a 2. What does this represent ? Where can we find out a detailed list of what these columns are in the tables ? Why does MS not provide this ? Is it a secret or is it just because they dont even know ? This is VERY frustrating in trying to troubleshoot Great Plains .... or shoud I say Great PAINS !! Accolade has been the best so far, just not as detailed as one would need for accurate tro...

description if user doesn't download photos
This may be far too complicated for me to do, but I'm hoping someone has an answer. I've seen where there are long descriptions of an article or photo if you don't download the photo in an email. How do you do this? Are you able to do in Outlook? I am including an image in an email that says much of the message and am unable to do it any other way. For those individuals who are unable to download the photo, is there a way to have text saying what the photo says without it being there for everyone (at least once they download the photo)? Hopefully this makes sense....

Renaming Payee Descriptions
When I download the list of transactions from my financial institution, Payees come in something like "CHECK CRD PURCHASE 10/22 VZWRLSS". I want them to appear in Microsoft Money as "Verizon Wireless", and also get immediately assigned to the "Phone/Wireless" category. My financial institution wont allow me to change/rename the transactions. Right now, I'm manually renaming the Payee field in MS Money. Isn't there someway in Money to rename any new transaction that comes in with the word *VZWLSS* in it as "Verizon Wireless", and then automatical...

Display Non Inventory description on Create Purchase Orders screen
Display the item Description for non-inventory items on the Create Purchase Orders screen. Currently, only inventory item descriptions are displayed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

VBA code to default item lookup by description
What is the code needed to add an item lookup that will default the sort by description and start the description lookup with what was entered in the item number field on the Sales Transaction window. Thank you, Amy ...

Closed Opportunity Description in Database
When you close an opportunity you can enter a description, this does not get added to the description for the opportunity, and I can't figure out where to get it either to use in an email template or what database table it is in. Anyone know? This is in CRM version 4.0. There is a systm entity called Opportunityclose. It is available in the database FilteredOpportunityClose view. I don't think you can get to it from an email template, but you definately can from a report/SQL query. This is the same story for the case resolution description. "JR" wrote: > Whe...

How can i get the stored application descriptions and path in windows system
I want to get the stored Application Descriptions and path that run at least once in windows xp system. I know that Rwipe&clean can do this. But i want to get these myself, How can i do? A couple things I found under "Application Descriptions": One deals with the Media Center, and is captioned "Registering an application under the start menu category". See if this is what you want. (It was easy to find, I simply did an MSDN search under "Application description" and got a set of hits; this was ranked 8th) IShellLink::GetDescription (ranked 8th) There ...

Sub description 4
In my quest for good add ons for RMS 2.0 I thought that I found an add on that lets you have 4 sub descriptions. If any one knows of that add on please let me know thanks. -- Steve ...

Include matrix fields in sub-descriptions, only in description ?
When matrix is created in version 2 or above you do not get the componant sub fields in the sub descriptions, they only get put into the decscription literal of the componant item(s). THis causes lookups and reports issues when selecting by sub description1-3. if sub description 1-3 are labeled specific. ie size color and design for example in sub1-3 will never show the matrix attributes as the descrtipion gets them only when you create the componant items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

Demand Planner Collaborative
The Demand Planner Collaborative tool that enables users to use Excel to maintain forecasts does NOT show item descriptions and customer names along with the item and customer numbers. This is a problem as it's pretty difficult to determine what you're working with from the item number or customer number alone if you have thousands of products and hundreds of customers. This applies to Demand Planner 1.1 SP1 It should have an option to include the descriptions along with the numbers when you log in and open a scenario / workseet template. ---------------- This post is a s...

Changing Descriptions in Payables
Is it possible to change any descriptions that you enter into GP for Payables transactions after the transaction is posted? Is the only way to change involve voiding the A/P and re-entering it? Thank you. The recommended way is to void the A/P and reenter it. If you haven't posted the transcation in the GL yet. You can add a distribution reference to the GL account transaction. The other option is running a SQL script to change the transaction... BUT (Big and bold lettering) this is not recommended, becuase of auditing purposes. On a pregrammer level it is an easy fix. But come au...