Need some CRM questions answered...

Hi,
I've got a few things I need help with in CRM 3.0

1-When you disqualify a Lead, there are reasons you can select from for the
desqualification.  I need to add a reason to that list.  How do I do that?

2-Is it possible to add more contacts to a Lead?  There may be multiple
contacts for that Lead, and I would want them all to be brough in as contact
under the account that is created when the lead is converted.

3-Inside and Account and Lead, there is the History view.  I want to change
the column layout and sorting in the History.  How can I do that?

Thanks for the help.

0
Dan
4/27/2007 5:09:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dan,

1 - Customize the Lead entity and open the statuscode attribute (display
name = Status Reason). On the right-hand side of the form, choose the State
(Disqualified), and then update the picklist options.

2 - It is not possible to add more contacts to the Lead entity without some
type of customization.

3 - For the History view, you need to customize the activitypointer
(Activity) entity. The view is the Closed Activity Associated View. Making
changes to this view will affect all entities that use this view (i.e., have
a History view for associated activites).

Mike Cross
http://www.navint.com

"Dan B" wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got a few things I need help with in CRM 3.0
>
> 1-When you disqualify a Lead, there are reasons you can select from for the
> desqualification.  I need to add a reason to that list.  How do I do that?
>
> 2-Is it possible to add more contacts to a Lead?  There may be multiple
> contacts for that Lead, and I would want them all to be brough in as contact
> under the account that is created when the lead is converted.
>
> 3-Inside and Account and Lead, there is the History view.  I want to change
> the column layout and sorting in the History.  How can I do that?
>
> Thanks for the help.

Awesome!  It worked great. Thanks Mike.

"Michael Cross" <MichaelCross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dan,
>
> 1 - Customize the Lead entity and open the statuscode attribute (display
> name = Status Reason). On the right-hand side of the form, choose the
> State
> (Disqualified), and then update the picklist options.
>
> 2 - It is not possible to add more contacts to the Lead entity without
> some
> type of customization.
>
> 3 - For the History view, you need to customize the activitypointer
> (Activity) entity. The view is the Closed Activity Associated View. Making
> changes to this view will affect all entities that use this view (i.e.,
> have
> a History view for associated activites).
>
> Mike Cross
> http://www.navint.com
>

> "Dan B" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I've got a few things I need help with in CRM 3.0
>>
>> 1-When you disqualify a Lead, there are reasons you can select from for
>> the
>> desqualification.  I need to add a reason to that list.  How do I do
>> that?
>>
>> 2-Is it possible to add more contacts to a Lead?  There may be multiple
>> contacts for that Lead, and I would want them all to be brough in as
>> contact
>> under the account that is created when the lead is converted.
>>
>> 3-Inside and Account and Lead, there is the History view.  I want to
>> change
>> the column layout and sorting in the History.  How can I do that?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.

0
Dan

Overall Feedback on CRM 3.0? Anyone Really Disatisfied? Or Satisfi
Hi, I've invested abotu $12K into the CRM software (including the CRM licenses, annual maintenance and Scribe software for GP integration). And we do not have anything working yet. I am wondering if we should proceed with the MS CRM or throw it away and go with some other software. The feedback I've received so far from various people is not good at all - basically lots of money to get something that doesn't work all that well. We are a very small business and we can't afford to throw any more money away. I am super concerned about proceeding further. We are only a 10-...

Outlook 2002 question #4
Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and on what date in a yellow bar across the top part of the preview pane. I can't seem to find out how to get that to show again. Does anyone know how to set this option up? I have looked all around in the menus and such but cannot see where to do this. Thanks Robin Anyone know the answer to this problem? Robin "Robin" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message news:W8qdnXfkXPysoUPeRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and > on > what date in...

Change in restriction needs
I was not given correct information. The internal user wants to refuse mail from an external sender. Otherwise the senario is the same. We just need to block an external mail address for one particular internal user in SBS2000. pse help. You could do this globally using System Manager otherwise, create a mail-enabled contact for the external user, add it to the internal users Delivery Restrictions tab then hide the contact from the GAL. "Lane Hoskins" <lane@automatedhorizons.net> wrote in message news:#JspudoQEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I was not given correct i...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

Sort Warning disabled? Need to enable it
I am trying to Sort from A-Z, but the normal warning to expand the selection does not appear? Is there some way to enable this or work around it to filter the entire document by the column I choose? Select all of your data before sorting. The warning only appears (sometimes) if XL can easily detect that you ahve adjacent data. -- Best Regards, Luke M "gnat" <gnat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B1329C-2A83-4C37-8010-BF0E0BC1D10A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to Sort from A-Z, but the normal warning to expand the >selection > ...

need a bit of help.....
I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums that separates the dollar amount from cents. I have for example colum *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i would have to enter the same amount o...

_CrtDumpMemoryLeaks question
Is _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks valid for new and delete operator? When I insert this debug code, it show many CString memory leak which called by new operator But if I remove the code, no memory leak output Hooway ...

Outlook 2007 CRM error
I get an error when starting Outlook that I have no CRM functionality, event ID 5897 shows up in the app logs with an autentication error message 0x8007002. Any ideas on what I should be looking for or how to fix this? ...

CRM integration with GP: BizTalk errors
I've completed the integration, but I'm getting 2 Biztalk errors. Any help or direction appreciated: APPLICATION ERROR: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 8/24/2005 Time: 4:51:50 AM User: N/A Computer: NJBTS02 Description: Faulting application MSCIS.exe, version 3.0.2023.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396d0. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

CRM v1.2 for MSDN?
We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber which means we pay about $4000 a year to get the entire Microsoft Library. I have not seen CRM 1.2 in any of the updates which is very strange since I normally see them before any other subscription. Did I miss an update? I also notice on the MSDN downloads section they still only have v1.0 listed. Thanks! CRM 1.2 is only just shipping to partners etc. I would not expect it to appear on MSDN for a couple of months "MEI" <MEI@MEI.COM> wrote in message news:Of0KXo7sDHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We are a UNIVERSAL MSDN Subsciber whic...

Do you need logon with a MAPI profile to publish free/busy?
Hello, We have some functional mailboxes which contain shared, resource calendars. In practice, no-one ever logs on to these mailboxes using a dedicated Outlook profile; instead they add the shared mailbox to their Outlook profile, If a user never logs on, is the free/busy info still published? Users are complaining that conflicting appointments are being created in the resource calendars. For personal calendars, the free/busy is being updated. Outlook 2003 with Outlook 2002 and 2003 clients. Thanks, - Alan. Hi Alan: No, you shouldn't have to log on with a MAPI pr...

Was this post helpful to you?
Hi gang, Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post helpful to you? " In a case where I posted a question and received numerous helpful responses, which collectively provided the final solution, do I select Yes for each response that was helpful, or just select Yes on the very last post when the topic has ended? Thanks Peter On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:44:01 -0700, Petermgr <Petermgr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi gang, > >Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post >helpful to you? "...

Need help from fellow Admin about Mailbox sizes
I need a little help from some fellow Admins that have successfully created some policies about mailbox limits. Currently I am fighting the small company mentality in a growing company. We have about 150-200 mailboxes and I am looking for some suggestions on at what size is a good idea to start the warning messages, then stop send and then stop all traffic. I have some users that are getting to the 2GB size. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance. There is no standard or best practice for quota settings except that you should set a limit, even if a high one, for "Prohibi...

Query Question... 03-06-10
I have this expression to get all data before "50 underscores" Expr1: Left([Job_Operation.Note_Text],InStr(1,[Job_Operation.Note_text],"_________________________________________________",1)-2) & "" & DLookUp("[Note_Text]","Operation","[Operation]='H.T. 01'") ie: First Line "Blah" 'CR' Second Line ___________ 'CR' Third Line "Blah" The text after the underline is getting replaced by 'H.T. 01'. I seem to be getting additional Chariage Returns left behind. I h...

Newbie needs help with first scatter plot
I have a query with two fields: a date and a list of repeating words. Something like 1/1/2007 Red 1/3/2007 Green 2/9/2007 Blue 3/1/2007 Red 3/3/2007 Blue I want to create a simple scatter plot with Date on the X-axis and Color on the Y-axis (there's only seven possible values for the words, so I'd like each word on the Y-axis and a dot in the plot above each date where it occurs). When I use the Chart wizard and select Scatter Plot, the wizard is generating charts that plot *counts*, rather than showing a single dot for each time it occurs. I thought what I wanted to do was pre...

Desperately need help!!
Is it impossible to do an inventory system in excel? I've tried on numerous occasions for the past month to get a simple inventory system to work and i'm having no luck. I've gotten to the point where my only problem is having a correct record of stock available. I want to be able to see the correct number of a particular item available whenever i do stock taking. So far, what i've done is use iteration to update the stock figure and have sales deducted from that and the new figure shown in quantity avalable. The problem is 1. the iteration does not stop and its set to 1....

Outlook e-mail signature on CRM e-mail
When sending e-mail from a CRM form (contact or account) but also using the Outlook client, e-mails do not receive the user's Outlook signature. Is it possible to set user's signature to outgoing e-mail from CRM as well? I know it can be done on Exchange, but I wonder if there is a setting to enable CRM email receiving the signature (and not using a manual CRM template or installing a third-party add-on). -- CRM consultant Hi Daniel, This is not possible, but it's something our users are reqeusting as well (and in my opinion it's a real bummer that this isn't poss...

need to be able to set security on the buttons on the custom keybo
need to be able to set security on the buttons on the custom keyboard especially the minus key . any user can refund an item. when the minus key is pressed it refunds an item this is a security issuse as the user can then press the plus symbol and the item can be refunded multiple times. these action buttons need to be locked down and potentially a report should be availble to the administrators so they can see staright away which items have which security levels assigned against them .To hard to try and track each shop as they all require different keyboards and differtent security s...

Evaluation edition question
I've been evaluating Outlook 2003 and have decided to buy it. I'd like my sys admin at work to evaluate it also because I think they may be able to use the business contacts feature at work. Can I just give him my evaluation CD or does he have to order his own? ...

Bitmap button question #2
I'm trying to create a bitmap button. Here's what I've done: 1. Added a CStatic control to my dialog. 2. Set it's ID to IDC_BMPBUTTON 3. In the classwizzard, member varialbes tab, created a member variable m_Button, of type CBitmapButton (I had to manually change this from CStatic). 4. In the OnInitDialog(), I've added: m_BitmapButton.LoadBitmaps(IDB_BITMAP1, IDB_BITMAP2, IDB_BITMAP3, IDB_BITMAP4); m_BitmapButton.SizeToContent(); m_BitmapButton.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); When I run my dialog, the bitmap appears grey. And which ...

Exchange Server 5.5 IS Maintenance Question
Hi there, We have discovered that we need to allow the Information Store for Exchange Server 5.5 run and complete it's maintenance procedure. However, the problem is no matter how much time we give it, it still bogs down the server to the point of rendering it useless. For instance, we let it run from Friday at 7 pm to Sunday 5 pm and initiated our backup at 6 pm. When we came in Monday morning it was a total mess and the server had to be rebooted (something that cannot be afforded). My question is, there a way of segmenting the IS maintenance procedure or any other recommendations to...

Newbie OWA question
I have set up Exchange 03 at home with the hope that I can collect email from anywhere I can get an Internet connection using OWA I have ADSL set up with a wireless router. The exchange box sees the Internet ok thru this. The problem is that I cannot connect using the static ip address that has been assigned to me from BT (my ISP) The server has a static 192... range ip address Is there something that needs to be done on the router?? I can send email from the server ok "Caimbo" <Caimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A9F79CC-FE75-428E-86CA-C74EC9EA24D...

Simple File Saving question...
Everytime I open an Excel spreadsheet it opens to the last cell that I edited. Does anyone know how to make an Excel spreadsheet open to the top left cell on the first worksheet everytime... regardless of where I saved it last? Thanks, Ian Hi Ian, Try this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the...

Fixed Asset Trial Balance Report Needed
GP needs a Trial Balance Report that will total the account level detail of the Fixed Assets so that we can tie FA to the GL accounts. Something similar to the AP Historical Trial Balance Report, that you could run with detail or summary information. We are currently running a Smart List report of detail transactions in FA and then summarizing it in Excel. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butt...