Need help with Workflow

I need to set up automatic emails to customers when a new case is
created for them.  Easy enough to do that I think.

But we have cases entered two ways.  One is directly by a CSR.  When
done this way, we need the email to go straight to the customer right
away.

The other way is by an operator.  They take a call or email and create
a case.  Then assign that case to a CSR.  In this instance, I don't
want an email to go the customer when the case is created.  I want it
to go to the customer when it is assigned to a CSR and the email needs
to appear to come from the CSR's email.

I can't find anywhere in Workflow to check the owners role and only
send the email if the owner is a CSR.  Can anyone offer any
suggestions?  Am I even on the right track?

Thanks
Greg

0
gstat
5/24/2006 5:27:35 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Add a custom field to the case. Try a boolean field and use the checkmark
type on the case form. Call it OpenedByOperator. Have the operators tick this
box when they open a case and have your workflow rule check if this box is
ticked before sending the automatic email. If it is true, then have it wait
an appropriate amount of time (giving the operator enough time to assign the
case) and then send the email.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"gstat" wrote:

> I need to set up automatic emails to customers when a new case is
> created for them.  Easy enough to do that I think.
>
> But we have cases entered two ways.  One is directly by a CSR.  When
> done this way, we need the email to go straight to the customer right
> away.
>
> The other way is by an operator.  They take a call or email and create
> a case.  Then assign that case to a CSR.  In this instance, I don't
> want an email to go the customer when the case is created.  I want it
> to go to the customer when it is assigned to a CSR and the email needs
> to appear to come from the CSR's email.
>
> I can't find anywhere in Workflow to check the owners role and only
> send the email if the owner is a CSR.  Can anyone offer any
> suggestions?  Am I even on the right track?
>
> Thanks
> Greg

Depending on them to check a box leaves potential for errors but I like
your idea of having the workflow wait a bit to send the email.  Usually
the cases are assigned pretty quickly so perhaps I could just pause all
of the case emails for about 10 minutes and that would give them time
to assign it.

I think a 10 minute delay would be acceptable to everyone.  I will
double check and see.

Thanks
Gre

0
gstat
5/24/2006 8:00:45 PM
I tried it this morning.  I added in a 10 timer before the email to the
customer is sent and it worked great.  Thanks again.

Greg

0
gstat

Help with WSDL (XSD) compiler
Hi, We like to consume a web service. This web service implement a OTA service (this service result Schema is available under http://www.opentravel.org/2005B/OTA_AirAvailRS.xsd). Doesn’t matter witch client proxy generation tool we use (VS 2005 “Add Web Reference”, VS 2005 “Add Service Reference”, WSDL.exe, svcutil.exe, and we also try WSCF – Web Services Contract First Tool from thinktecture and Christian Weyer) doesn’t work. The tools works but the generate wrong code. The schema looks: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="Schem...

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #3
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Help with Charts
:confused -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I work in a Doctors surgery and I'm creating a Spread Sheet for select number of patients to monitor their blood results. I need about 30 charts on each patients sheet, To save me doing eac one seperately I have tryed to copy and paste them in to the nex patients details.... But all the charts refer to the previous patient details. Is there anyway of copying them so that they relate to th sheet they are copied in to? Thanx Alexandra Huckerby (fustrated and tired!! -- ~lexy -----------------...

Excel Formula Help
I need to create a spreadsheet to calculate my weekly payroll. The timecards are punched in a timeclock which prints out the in and out times. for example, in at 7:30 am out at 5:00 pm. It also gives me a running total of the number of hours accumulated. I want to take the total number of hours and minutes and convert that to a decimal. If an employee has 32:35 minutes total time accumulated, then using a formula in an excel spreadsheet, I want to see these hours in decimal format, i.e., 32.58 Anyone know how to help me do this? Thanks! might want to try microsoft.public.excel Mat...

Help with MSN Synchronization-Money 2007
Hello, I have been using money for several years and have just recently upgraded to money 2007. Anyhow, I've noticed since I started using it my information has not updated on MSN money the web site (account transactions,balances, etc.) It also does not show my balance on my checking account (it says N/A) and it used to show it before. Is there some setting that has gotten screwed up somehow? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if any fixes? I've done everything the knowledge base article said-no results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Dan Money comes wit...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

Context Sensitive Help
Hi All, I am using winHelp and creating context sensitive help. Every thing is working fine but it is not showing index tab after running ..hlp file.. Secondly when I click to Find tab it show me error Unable to display the Find tab.(177) As I am not much aware of help creation. Help me for good tutorial or suggest solution for this problem Thanx in Advance. Vivek --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.684 / Virus Database: 446 - Release Date: 5/13/2004 Vivek, > I am using winHelp and creating context sensi...

Do I need these?
I was looking through my Add/Remove Programs list and saw the following. I have a Dell Latitude D600 with XP SP3. I use VB 6.0 (Classic). The MSXML KBs stacked up? The .NET updates? Do I really need these? -- Windows Live OneCare Scanner -- MSXML 4.0 SP2 KBs 936181, 954430, 973688 w/ MSXML 6 SP2 KB 973686 -- VIsual C++ 2005 & 2008 Redistributables -- MS .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1 -- Memory Key Boot Utility Ed Ed from AZ wrote: > I was looking through my Add/Remove Programs list and saw the > following. I have a Dell Latitude D600 with XP SP...

Exchange Information Store -- Stops
Hi, Recently at one of the Exchange server, emails stops working. When I recycle "MSExchangeIS --- Microsoft Exchange Information Store", it doesn't stop gracefully, so have to kill "Store.exe". This just happening since last week. No sure when it happens, as System logs doesn't have any errors. Any help, direction would be applicated. Thanks One of the warning messages I get is below Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WAS Date: 6/4/2010 4:35:52 AM Event ID: 5138 Task Category: None Level: Warnin...

MSScriptControl.ScriptControl help
Her is my powershell code: $vbsCode = Get-Content "c:\scripts\CreateMailbox.vbs" $vbs = New-Object -ComObject MSScriptControl.ScriptControl $vbs.language = "VBScript" $vbs.addCode([string]::Join("'n",$vbsCode)) #$vbs | Get-Member $vbs.CreateMailbox() Here is my vbscript code: Function CreateMailbox(Server,User) Dim oExchsrv Dim sDispName oExchsrv = Server sDispName = User Set oUser = GetObject ("LDAP://cn=" & sDispName & ",ou=New Accounts,dc=stormontvail,dc=org") WScript.Echo sSamAcct & " mailbox cr...

Drop Down Box Help
Hi I am new to using Excel more interactively. I am able to create drop down box so a user can choose a day of the week for example. But I want to be able to populate other cells in the column dependin on the choice from the drop down list. e.g. choose Tuesday from a list of days of the week in A2 and have B2 C2 etc filled with related data. Is this at all possible? Thank you in advance -- smcka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smckay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3582 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Help with formula please #3
Hello, I need a formula that can do the following: -give an average minutes and seconds per phone call This is the data that I will be entering: Calls: 120 Total talk time (hours): 4 Total talk time (minutes): 47 Total talk time (seconds): 52 Thank you Assuming the hours will not be greater than 23. Try this: B1 = 120 B2 = 4 B3 = 47 B4 = 52 =TIME(B2,B3,B4)/B1 Format as m:ss or h:m:ss -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jimmy H" <spokenwords@gmail.com> wrote in message news:658b55fd-93e6-4eea-b11f-585544d97364@m7g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I need a...

help needed with repeated copy/paste special
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif] [image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif] I ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out. Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad: These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above). Top one is backload file and the one underneath is mastertable. As you can see, FundataKey is common to both files. The values of Fundatakey are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload file. What...

Hlookup help
I have a spreadsheet with 23 columns and 361 rows. I am looking to see if I can use HLOOKUP to show me the lowest price in columns G-K-P. The other columns have different data in them. Is there a way to use HLOOKUP or something else to do this? Excel 2007 Thanks in advance. Ed Are you looking for the lowest value in G,K and P for a certain item (maybe it is named in A)? We need a bit more to go on! best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:B031D5D3-ECF6-4105-8807...

sales line item workflow and process holds and requested ship date
It would be nice if we could set up workflow tracking per line item as well as assign process holds per line item in Sales Trx Entry. It would also be nice to have the abilility to fulfill all items on an order through a specified requested ship date and leave items with future requested ship dates unfulfilled. Then to be able to transfer and ship items that have been fulfilled without having to fulfill those with future requested ship dates. Right now I have to backorder those items that have future requested ship dates just so I can transfer and fulfill the other items on the order...

Workflow Manager 02-28-05
Hi, I have a question about workflow manager: I wanted to know wheather it is possible to use formula in the assigment part of update object statement? What i am trying to achieve is: When case is resolved i want to calculate the cost of this case based on inherited personellPrice atribute from contract line. So what i am trying to achieve might look something like this: case.amountBillable = case.personellPrice*case.timeBillable br, Juris Breicis sorry for teh double post, - forum threw out some kind of strange error, and i decided that the post was not added Juris, Unfortunately, I h...

Calculating Dates, PlEASE HELP! THANKS!
Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date in Access: so 3/29/08 in cell A1 and 5/3/08 in cell A2 and return the value in B1 of 35. How do I do this? Thanks! In Excell the formula looks like this: =IF(+A1-A2>0,A1-A2,0) Is this an Access question? If so, then post you table and field names with datatype, sample data, and what you want the results to look like. -- Build a little, test a little. "kritter0021" wrote: > Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date > in Access: ...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

Need a ZERO as the first character in a cell
How do you make the first number in a string of numbers a zero and keep it there? Depends on if you want a *true* number, or a text number. For Text, precede the entry with an apostrophe ( ' ), OR, pre-format the cell as text. For true numbers, custom format the cell with the number of digits you're using: 00000 -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Mr_Jim" <MrJim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Help: Need to delete duplicates
I have an access table that has over 470,000 rows. I need to delete the duplicates. None of the "append" query ideas will work as it involves copying and pasing the structure, and Access won't allow me to copy 470,000 rows. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this? What error do you get when you run the append query? It could be that the file size is nearing the 2 GB limit. First make a backup copy of the database then run a compact and repair. Then try the append query ideas. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

Weird Excel Problem
Hi, A bit of a challenge for you (because it certainly is for me).... I am having the exact same problem as the person in the following link on a brand new install of Excel 2000 http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:M1a0i0PvSi4J:www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Q_11280537.html+excel+cannot+find+c:%5Cprogram.xls &hl=en&start=1 Towards the end of the page the person solves the problem (related to DDE - Dynamic Data Exchange) but isn't explicit..... but he does mention a KB article on Microsoft Support. Can I find the solution? Can I hell!!! Anyone use some new eyes/...

Email using Workflows when a Activity created for a Case
Hi We need to create an Email using Workflow when an activity is created for a Case. If any one have worked on this , please revert back. Thanks in advance If you have to check for a specific case then you can do some thing like When Task is created if Task.Regarding = ABC: Case then Send Email: To [owner]; subject abc.. end if if you are trying to send email if a task is created for any case then you will have to write a .net assembly action to retrieve the task and check its regarding object type. "KIRAN" wrote: > Hi > We need to create an Email using Workfl...

Help! Crystal Hist Stock Status Report
We just changed our procedures in Sales Order Processing so the GL Posting Date is different than the Document Date. This has caused a problem with the Crystal Report that works as an inventory stock status report. I can fix it if I can get access to the GL posting date. My report has the following tables, IV00101, IV00102 & IV30300. The IV30300 only has a document date field available. Anybody know how I can tie this report to another table to get the GL posting date? The GP hist stock status can do this because it has a report option to key off the GL posting date. I believ...