Need help, Error 80005000 granting OU access rights

Really stymied by this and could use some help...  copied
from earlier post:

Received this error when trying to install MS CRM on our
domain

"Failed to grant access to organizational OU in active
directory."

We used a non-system account for the MS CRM service, and
gave the account full access and admin rights.

Any ideas?

Keith Knostman
I/O Software Inc.

0
Keith
9/29/2003 6:06:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Keith

when you install what company name are you using?

"Keith Knostman" <keithk@iosoftware.com> wrote in message
> Really stymied by this and could use some help...  copied
> from earlier post:
>
> Received this error when trying to install MS CRM on our
> domain
>
> "Failed to grant access to organizational OU in active
> directory."
>
> We used a non-system account for the MS CRM service, and
> gave the account full access and admin rights.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Keith Knostman
> I/O Software Inc.

0
John
9/29/2003 6:17:18 PM
Keith I think the / in the I/O is causing the issue

you can see your problem reference here

Document ID: 31702
Date Created: 6/30/2003
Date Last Modified: 8/6/2003 9:40:53 AM
Language: English - United States
Country: USA
Product: Microsoft CRM
Versions: 1.0
Modules: Microsoft CRM Installation

Issue

Error - "Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management
Server.  Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create
organization. Unknown error. (80041A04)." occurs when installing Microsoft
CRM.

Potential Cause

The Company Name contains an ampersand (&) or a slash (/).

Resolution

Remove the ampersand (&) or the slash (/) from the Company Name when
installing Microsoft CRM.

For example: if your organization name is CRM & MBS you will enter CRM MBS.
Leave out the & and the space after the &.

> Well, the org name is "I/O Software Inc"
>
> This is the name used for the license as well...   When
> the setup gets to the point of creating the UO
> under "CRM" the container does get created (we have to
> delete it to try creation again) then the setup fails at
> this point.
>
> Hmm, could the slash be a problem?  If so we'll need to
> get a new license.
>
> Keith

0
John
9/29/2003 9:02:10 PM
Yep, that was the issue.  For grins and giggles I removed
the / yesterday and tried it, installed with no issues.
Now we just need to wait for a new license =p.

Thanks for all the help.

Keith Knostman

(/).

>Resolution
>
>Remove the ampersand (&) or the slash (/) from the
Company Name when
>installing Microsoft CRM.
>
>For example: if your organization name is CRM & MBS you
will enter CRM MBS.
>Leave out the & and the space after the &.
>

>"Keith Knostman" <keithk@iosoftware.com> wrote in message
>> Well, the org name is "I/O Software Inc"
>>
>> This is the name used for the license as well...   When
>> the setup gets to the point of creating the UO
>> under "CRM" the container does get created (we have to
>> delete it to try creation again) then the setup fails
at
>> this point.
>>
>> Hmm, could the slash be a problem?  If so we'll need to
>> get a new license.
>>
>> Keith

0
Keith