My CRM VPC starts and shuts down SLOW

I'm using an MBS VPC of CRM v3.0 on a laptop with 1.4 g of ram. It's great
once I boot up! However, when I first start up the VPC it takes about 5
minutes to load and about 15 minutes to shut down. It is very slow...

I also have the MBS VPC for Dynamics GP v9 and BP v3.0 on the samea box with
the same settings; this VPC loads up in about a minute and shuts down in
about two minutes.

I've tried compacting the VPC db on the CRM but it had little or no effect.

I'm using CRM build 3.0.5300.0 on Windows 2003 server build 3790.

Does anyone else have a problem with the load and shut down of the VPC?

Any suggestions on how to imporve start up time in particular?

Thank you,

Morris

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The startup speed is just the way it is.  The image is loading a TON of
things.

The slowdown has to do with Exchange being installed on a DC.  Check out
this link here, it will help you create a shutdown script that will close
the Exchange services before trying to shutdown the server os.

http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931

hth, Mike

"Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using an MBS VPC of CRM v3.0 on a laptop with 1.4 g of ram. It's great
> once I boot up! However, when I first start up the VPC it takes about 5
> minutes to load and about 15 minutes to shut down. It is very slow...
>
> I also have the MBS VPC for Dynamics GP v9 and BP v3.0 on the samea box
> with
> the same settings; this VPC loads up in about a minute and shuts down in
> about two minutes.
>
> I've tried compacting the VPC db on the CRM but it had little or no
> effect.
>
> I'm using CRM build 3.0.5300.0 on Windows 2003 server build 3790.
>
> Does anyone else have a problem with the load and shut down of the VPC?
>
> Any suggestions on how to imporve start up time in particular?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Morris

0
Mike
3/1/2006 6:54:52 PM
Thanks Mike, I'll give this a try!

All the best,

Morris

"Mike Morisoli" wrote:

> The startup speed is just the way it is.  The image is loading a TON of
> things.
>
> The slowdown has to do with Exchange being installed on a DC.  Check out
> this link here, it will help you create a shutdown script that will close
> the Exchange services before trying to shutdown the server os.
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
>
> hth, Mike
>

> "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using an MBS VPC of CRM v3.0 on a laptop with 1.4 g of ram. It's great
> > once I boot up! However, when I first start up the VPC it takes about 5
> > minutes to load and about 15 minutes to shut down. It is very slow...
> >
> > I also have the MBS VPC for Dynamics GP v9 and BP v3.0 on the samea box
> > with
> > the same settings; this VPC loads up in about a minute and shuts down in
> > about two minutes.
> >
> > I've tried compacting the VPC db on the CRM but it had little or no
> > effect.
> >
> > I'm using CRM build 3.0.5300.0 on Windows 2003 server build 3790.
> >
> > Does anyone else have a problem with the load and shut down of the VPC?
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to imporve start up time in particular?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Morris

Morris

The other alternative is to 'Save State' of the VPC image instead of
shutting down.  That way it will take less than a minute to start/stop and
you will find an advantage in also retaining the cached state of the web
pages.

Cozy

> Thanks Mike, I'll give this a try!
>
> All the best,
>
> Morris
>
> "Mike Morisoli" wrote:
>
> > The startup speed is just the way it is.  The image is loading a TON of
> > things.
> >
> > The slowdown has to do with Exchange being installed on a DC.  Check out
> > this link here, it will help you create a shutdown script that will
close
> > the Exchange services before trying to shutdown the server os.
> >
> > http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> >
> > hth, Mike
> >

> > "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm using an MBS VPC of CRM v3.0 on a laptop with 1.4 g of ram. It's
great
> > > once I boot up! However, when I first start up the VPC it takes about
5
> > > minutes to load and about 15 minutes to shut down. It is very slow...
> > >
> > > I also have the MBS VPC for Dynamics GP v9 and BP v3.0 on the samea
box
> > > with
> > > the same settings; this VPC loads up in about a minute and shuts down
in
> > > about two minutes.
> > >
> > > I've tried compacting the VPC db on the CRM but it had little or no
> > > effect.
> > >
> > > I'm using CRM build 3.0.5300.0 on Windows 2003 server build 3790.
> > >
> > > Does anyone else have a problem with the load and shut down of the
VPC?

> > > Any suggestions on how to imporve start up time in particular?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Morris

0
Cozy
3/1/2006 9:04:58 PM
Cozy,

Thanks, I tried that before my demo on Monday. Unfortunately I could not get
Outlook to open when the VPC started again. So I had to close it then start
up plan B; another copy of the VPC on an external hard drive.

Of course, this meant the prospect had to wait while we waited for the
second VPC to load up; which gave me the opportuity to show her my tap-dance
routine!

While I appreciate the suggestion, I got burned pretty bad using the Save
State option for the VPC.

And yesterday I preloaded the VPC on a local hard drive for a demo at a
major So Cal University; by the time I walked the short distance to their
office, the laptop went into sleep mode; when I woke it up, the VPC had died
and had to be restarted. I fired up a second laptop just to be safe...

The suggestion from Mike, http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
was very helpful in solving the shutdown issue with the VPC.

I appreciate your asssitance but I thought I should also share my
experieince with you on the Save State of VPC. It's great for testing but
when it comes to demo time, I'm sticking to old faithful...

All the best,

Morris

"Cozy" wrote:

> Morris
>
> The other alternative is to 'Save State' of the VPC image instead of
> shutting down.  That way it will take less than a minute to start/stop and
> you will find an advantage in also retaining the cached state of the web
> pages.
>
> Cozy
>
> "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Mike, I'll give this a try!
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > Morris
> >
> > "Mike Morisoli" wrote:
> >
> > > The startup speed is just the way it is.  The image is loading a TON of
> > > things.
> > >
> > > The slowdown has to do with Exchange being installed on a DC.  Check out
> > > this link here, it will help you create a shutdown script that will
> close
> > > the Exchange services before trying to shutdown the server os.
> > >
> > > http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> > >
> > > hth, Mike
> > >

> > > "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> great
> 5

> box
> in

> VPC?

Horses for courses.....I've been using the save state option since demoing
V1.0 a couple of years back (when VPC was Connectix) on numerous notebooks
and NEVER had such problems so you may have a more underlying problem with
your image/hardware that needs looking at...

Cozy

> Cozy,
>
> Thanks, I tried that before my demo on Monday. Unfortunately I could not
get
> Outlook to open when the VPC started again. So I had to close it then
start
> up plan B; another copy of the VPC on an external hard drive.
>
> Of course, this meant the prospect had to wait while we waited for the
> second VPC to load up; which gave me the opportuity to show her my
tap-dance
> routine!
>
> While I appreciate the suggestion, I got burned pretty bad using the Save
> State option for the VPC.
>
> And yesterday I preloaded the VPC on a local hard drive for a demo at a
> major So Cal University; by the time I walked the short distance to their
> office, the laptop went into sleep mode; when I woke it up, the VPC had
died
> and had to be restarted. I fired up a second laptop just to be safe...
>
> The suggestion from Mike,
http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> was very helpful in solving the shutdown issue with the VPC.
>
> I appreciate your asssitance but I thought I should also share my
> experieince with you on the Save State of VPC. It's great for testing but
> when it comes to demo time, I'm sticking to old faithful...
>
> All the best,
>
> Morris
>

> "Cozy" wrote:
>
> > Morris
> >
> > The other alternative is to 'Save State' of the VPC image instead of
> > shutting down.  That way it will take less than a minute to start/stop
and
> > you will find an advantage in also retaining the cached state of the web
> > pages.
> >
> > Cozy
> >
> > "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks Mike, I'll give this a try!
> > >
> > > All the best,
> > >
> > > Morris

> > close

It's
> > great
> > 5

> > box
> > in

> > VPC?

0
Cozy
3/1/2006 11:37:51 PM
I have had similar issue with the system going into suspend and/or
hibernate.  Suspend seems to be worse for VPC if the image is running. It
often handles Hibernate well.  I just tend to make sure I save state before
doing either to be safe.

I echo Cozy though.  I've been using VPC to do demos for 2 years and have
found Save State to be extremely reliable.  Make sure you have the latest
VPC additions installed on your image.  I also use external drives for my
images to offload the Disk I/O.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Cozy" <Cozy@groups> wrote in message
Horses for courses.....I've been using the save state option since demoing
V1.0 a couple of years back (when VPC was Connectix) on numerous notebooks
and NEVER had such problems so you may have a more underlying problem with
your image/hardware that needs looking at...

Cozy

"Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cozy,
>
> Thanks, I tried that before my demo on Monday. Unfortunately I could not
get
> Outlook to open when the VPC started again. So I had to close it then
start
> up plan B; another copy of the VPC on an external hard drive.
>
> Of course, this meant the prospect had to wait while we waited for the
> second VPC to load up; which gave me the opportuity to show her my
tap-dance
> routine!
>
> While I appreciate the suggestion, I got burned pretty bad using the Save
> State option for the VPC.
>
> And yesterday I preloaded the VPC on a local hard drive for a demo at a
> major So Cal University; by the time I walked the short distance to their
> office, the laptop went into sleep mode; when I woke it up, the VPC had
died
> and had to be restarted. I fired up a second laptop just to be safe...
>
> The suggestion from Mike,
http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> was very helpful in solving the shutdown issue with the VPC.
>
> I appreciate your asssitance but I thought I should also share my
> experieince with you on the Save State of VPC. It's great for testing but
> when it comes to demo time, I'm sticking to old faithful...
>
> All the best,
>
> Morris
>

> "Cozy" wrote:
>
> > Morris
> >
> > The other alternative is to 'Save State' of the VPC image instead of
> > shutting down.  That way it will take less than a minute to start/stop
and
> > you will find an advantage in also retaining the cached state of the web
> > pages.
> >
> > Cozy
> >
> > "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks Mike, I'll give this a try!
> > >
> > > All the best,
> > >
> > > Morris

> > close

It's
> > great
> > 5

> > box
> > in

> > VPC?

0
Matt
3/3/2006 5:47:58 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. It seemed like Save State was the answer
to my problem, but once bitten twice shy. I'm sure I'll use save state before
a demo again.

I'm also making it a point to find out if we can use Remote Access before
the demo. Our Virtual Server is so fast that I don't even have to worry about
pre-cache.

Once again, that you for the feedback!

Morris

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> died
> > and had to be restarted. I fired up a second laptop just to be safe...
> >
> > The suggestion from Mike,
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> > was very helpful in solving the shutdown issue with the VPC.
> >
> > I appreciate your asssitance but I thought I should also share my
> > experieince with you on the Save State of VPC. It's great for testing but
> > when it comes to demo time, I'm sticking to old faithful...
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > Morris
> >

> > "Cozy" wrote:
> >
> > > Morris
> > >
> > > The other alternative is to 'Save State' of the VPC image instead of
> > > shutting down.  That way it will take less than a minute to start/stop
> and
> > > you will find an advantage in also retaining the cached state of the web

Matt any guidance on best practices when setting up the image using an
external hard drive?

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> died
> > and had to be restarted. I fired up a second laptop just to be safe...
> >
> > The suggestion from Mike,
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> > was very helpful in solving the shutdown issue with the VPC.
> >
> > I appreciate your asssitance but I thought I should also share my
> > experieince with you on the Save State of VPC. It's great for testing but
> > when it comes to demo time, I'm sticking to old faithful...
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > Morris
> >

> > "Cozy" wrote:
> >
> > > Morris
> > >
> > > The other alternative is to 'Save State' of the VPC image instead of
> > > shutting down.  That way it will take less than a minute to start/stop
> and
> > > you will find an advantage in also retaining the cached state of the web

How much RAM you have allocated to VPC while setting it up?
Less than 1 gig will make it slow. You may have to save some RAM by
closing other apps or services running on you machine and allot as much
RAM as possible to VM.
ANeal wrote:
> Matt any guidance on best practices when setting up the image using an
> external hard drive?
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > I have had similar issue with the system going into suspend and/or
> > hibernate.  Suspend seems to be worse for VPC if the image is running. It
> > often handles Hibernate well.  I just tend to make sure I save state before
> > doing either to be safe.
> >
> > I echo Cozy though.  I've been using VPC to do demos for 2 years and have
> > found Save State to be extremely reliable.  Make sure you have the latest
> > VPC additions installed on your image.  I also use external drives for my
> > images to offload the Disk I/O.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >

> > "Cozy" <Cozy@groups> wrote in message
> > Horses for courses.....I've been using the save state option since demoing
> > V1.0 a couple of years back (when VPC was Connectix) on numerous notebooks
> > and NEVER had such problems so you may have a more underlying problem with
> > your image/hardware that needs looking at...
> >
> > Cozy
> >
> > "Morris" <Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Cozy,
> > >
> > > Thanks, I tried that before my demo on Monday. Unfortunately I could not
> > get
> > > Outlook to open when the VPC started again. So I had to close it then
> > start
> > > up plan B; another copy of the VPC on an external hard drive.
> > >
> > > Of course, this meant the prospect had to wait while we waited for the
> > > second VPC to load up; which gave me the opportuity to show her my
> > tap-dance
> > > routine!
> > >
> > > While I appreciate the suggestion, I got burned pretty bad using the Save
> > > State option for the VPC.
> > >
> > > And yesterday I preloaded the VPC on a local hard drive for a demo at a
> > > major So Cal University; by the time I walked the short distance to their
> > > office, the laptop went into sleep mode; when I woke it up, the VPC had
> > died
> > > and had to be restarted. I fired up a second laptop just to be safe...
> > >
> > > The suggestion from Mike,
> > http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> > > was very helpful in solving the shutdown issue with the VPC.
> > >
> > > I appreciate your asssitance but I thought I should also share my
> > > experieince with you on the Save State of VPC. It's great for testing but
> > > when it comes to demo time, I'm sticking to old faithful...
> > >
> > > All the best,
> > >
> > > Morris

> > and

> > of

> > out

> > It's
> > about
> > slow...

> > samea
> > down

> > no

0
ExSlx
6/28/2006 12:31:37 AM
No real "best practices".  I use the a 2.5" 7200 RPM USB 2.0 drive.  I
sprung for the more expensive drive to get the faster disk speed which is
the biggest factor.  However, using any exteran drive will help as it splts
the disk I/O across 2 drives (Host machine using local drive VPC using the
eternal).

Setting up the image on an external drive is no differnt than setting it up
on a local drive.  it's just a different drive letter.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > and had to be restarted. I fired up a second laptop just to be safe...
> >
> > The suggestion from Mike,
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=931
> > was very helpful in solving the shutdown issue with the VPC.
> >
> > I appreciate your asssitance but I thought I should also share my
> > experieince with you on the Save State of VPC. It's great for testing
> > but
> > when it comes to demo time, I'm sticking to old faithful...
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > Morris
> >

> > "Cozy" wrote:
> >
> > > Morris
> > >
> > > The other alternative is to 'Save State' of the VPC image instead of
> > > shutting down.  That way it will take less than a minute to start/stop
> and
> > > you will find an advantage in also retaining the cached state of the

0
Matt

CRM email routing problem
Hello, We have a problem with Microsoft CRM 1.2. 1. A custromer sends us a mail. 2. We promote this mail to a CRM email using the Outlook client. 3. We reply to the mail. At this point the mail and it's reply appear in the CRM system. 4. The customer replys. This reply also appears into the CRM system. 5. We reply again using Outlook (with CRM client installed). Now things go wrong. Then reply ends up in the users sent items box and does not appear in the CRM system. 6. The customer replys and this comes into the system again. <go back to 5> The problem is that when a user uses Ou...

SQL Replication with CRM 3.0 and 4.0
Hi There Is SQL Replication possible with CRM? Are there any documentation available on this? Thanks in advance ...

Can I separate data out of a single instance of CRM Online?
We have a group of separate organizations/companies that work together in a number of instances, and a "sales/management consultant," for lack of a better, non-proprietary way to describe the position, works with the sales teams at each of these organizations. He would like to pilot a CRM program with these organizations by using CRM Online. One easy way to set up this would be to have each organization/company represented by a business unit in CRM which the consultant can oversee. The concern, however, is whether or not the data for one of these business units/companies could be s...

CRM 4 & AVAYA IP Office Integration
I currently use CRM 3 with the Avaya IP office integration piece. I read in this forum that that interface does not work in 4.0. Does anyone know if it truly does not work or if it's just not "supported" Thanks, Lloyd Hi Lloyd, Yes, looks like it is not available as of date. Check out this IP Office Technical Tip 203, 4/21/08: http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/ip_office/tech/Global_IP_Office_Technical_Tip_203.pdf No ETA date mentioned, I would check with your IP Office Partner. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.work...

Unistall Reinstall CRM
Help me please. I have been forced to do some Self Tech Support with SBS 2003 and feel as though I may have to uninstall-reformat- reinstall SBS 2003. With that I assume that I would have to do this with CRM as well. Does anybody know how to point me to the best step by step directions on doing this. I have done a search on this Newsgroup as well as in the KB with out results. I am a newbie, or I wouldn't be in this position in the first place so please keep that in mind if you give me direction. Sounds like you've got yourself a nice weekend project :-) You'll want to ...

CRM 1.2 to 3 upgarde Queue problem
Hi all, After a bit of mucking around we got CRM V3 installed sucessfully. We have found since then, upon testing various area's of the system that the Queue's aren't working. I have attempted to re-create the Queue, deleting and re-creating the AD user, configured fowarding using rule wizard for CRM exchange connector. Has anybody else seen this? know how to fix? Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. Regards, Nathan ...

How to start the default mail program using Excel VBA? #2
From Excel (using VBA) I want to click a button and start the default mail program installed on the computer. After this I want to prepopulate the TO line in Outlook Express or Outlook (depending on what's installed on the machine) with a few e-mail addresses (stored in my spreadsheet). Any sample code for this please? Thanks in advance Michalakis Michael michalakis_michael@hotmail.com ...

Word in Office 2000 will not shut down properly when using Windows
I recently upgraded my computer running Windows XP to one operating Windows 7. I had no problem installing Office 2000. It works fine, but Word will not shut down properly when I close the program. I get a dialogue box from Windows saying the program is no longer responding and Windows is searching for a solution. After Windows conducts its search, another dialogue box comes up with a "close program" button. I click that and then it shuts downs. Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to shell out $$$ to update Office 2000 when it otherwise works fine, except for...

Changed user in AD, but can't change in CRM 3
Hello, I've got CRM 3 on SBS 2003, I just had a one person leave and a replacement come in. So I have renamed the account in AD, and thats working fine. But I cant change/delete the original account in CRM. I cant add the new persons account. When I try to add the new person, CRM seems to look in AD and says the account is already in use. Possibly a problem with the SID ? Anyone found a way around this, or come across it before? And I disabled the original account, and still could not add the new person. The following post discusses the situation... http://www.microsoft.com/Bus...

Microsoft CRM Hotfix KB870635 installation failed
I tried to "Import -> Lead" and had CRM error message: "ActiveX control did not download properly" and "Import cannot be completed". I tried todo everything from �An update is available to correct problems of Microsoft Business Solutions CRM working on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2� -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=870635 I tried to install CRM1.2-KB870635-Client-ENG.exe and CRM1.2-KB870635-Client-ENU.exe but did not succeeded I have the following error messages all the time: 1. The data is invalid. (MsgBox title was "Microso...

Error inside CRM While Granting Access
Hello, I'm running an application that has to import several contacts from a ERP into MS CRM 3.0. I call CRM's Web Services in order to do so, and then, since I do that with a user from my root BU, I have to share the entity with other businessunits (via WS aswell) for them to have access to it. Everything works fine.... Except when my importer has several threads working, when it does, sometimes (looks random) crm internally crashes (thats what I found after debugging) sometimes when trying to share, others when trying to create. I once had this problem, tried to solve it and when ...

Integrating CRM with Axapta
Is it possible to integrate Microsoft CRM with Microsoft's Axapta system? How? Are there any tool kits available for that? -- Finny CRM does not currently support integration with Axapta. At one point this was on the roadmap for the product, but I don't know if that is still the case, since Microsoft is no longer following that map. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Finny" wrote: > Is it possible to integrate Microsoft CRM with Microsoft's Axapta system? > How? Are there any tool kits available for that? > -- > Finny Hi Finny, Curre...

Action Pack CRM and Great Plains
Anyone know if the Action Pack CRM 3.0 will work with the Great Plains integration? Thanks. ...

Using Windows Service and CRM
Happy Holidays, All! This isn't covered in the SDK, that I can see, but we have a service running that needs to query the CRM database (using the SDK) - but it is running on an application server out side of CRM. We can do this with impersonation, using an existing user in CRM - but the password needs to be hardcoded that way - making it necessary to revisit the applicatin every 90 days... Any other thoughts on how to run a windows service against CRM? Thanks! Kristina Kristina, Ideally (and technically, legally), the service sould have it's own ID. What we've done though i...

Microsoft CRM Test Environment
Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to do form/view/preview pane customizations etc on the Adventure Works Cycle installation and then afterwards deploy these in a live environment? In other words, can you use this as a test environment. From the documentation one would say 'yes' as it it says that the XML file does not contain any user (active directory) information. It only gives information about form customizations, views, preview panes, templates, ISV.config settings etc. Am I wrong? Thanks Michiel Yes, you can Export/Import customizations to systems that use a differe...

CRM v1.2 in a mixed environment
Hi All - We're planning to install MS CRM v1.2 in a development environment and we'd like to find out whether we can leverage existing CRM components. For example, we have SQL Server 2000 installed on a test server running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000 installed on a production server running Windows 2000. The SQL Server and Exchange servers are in different domains. The test server for CRM will run Windows 2000 and is also in a different domain than both of these servers. f we establish a trust between all three domains will it be possible to successfully install CRM v1.2? I'...

SQL Views for CRM reports
I created an ODBC datasource, some stored procedures and a view in SQL Enterprise manager on which I based and developed a fairly complex Crystal Report. I tried uploading this report to CRM and the error I am getting when trying to open it is this: Crystal Report Viewer: "Failed to load database information. File *****.rpt" Thanks, Miriam Microsoft CRM 1.2 is only licensed to access crm data. I assume you are using an odbc data source to bring in data from other systems? "Miriam C." <MiriamC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC6C6276-AE81-4...

Setup CRM 4.0 Test Environment
I'm looking for instructions on setting up a copy of our Live CRM 4.0 databases in a test environment on a single server. I've been all over and can't seem to locate a set of instructions for this. Thanks, Don I don't think you will have much luck finding documentation on test servers. I set one up and just installed SQL on a server and then did a backup up of the Production databases and then restored them on the test (development) server. Then install CRM on the development server and choose your restored databases. "DonInEP" wrote: > I'm looking f...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

Customising CRM
Suppose I wanted to change the order of buttons on the Sales Page to : Accounts Further below Lead Opportunities Also to remove Contacts button since I intend using only Accounts > Contacts Would this affect anything, Im going through CRM SDK where they show how you can create your own buttons. Can anyone tell me if its ok to change the postion of the above ! You can't control this order in a supported manner. If you can figure out where to make the change, then go for it, but relize that it will be unsupported and could cause some issues if you need support. Matt Parks MV...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Exchange E-mail Router Support and Access Rights
The IG documentation states that Windows Server 2003 is a supported operating system. Is Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 supported. It also states Microsoft Exchnage Server 2003 must be installed. Is Exchange 2003 service pack 2 supported? What privledges does an administer need to have to be able to rollout the inbox rules? I cannot find that informaiton anywhere int eh IG. What access do they have to have in Exchange, AD, on teh Exchaneg boxes? Thanks Hoss Pretty sure the admin needs to be an Exchange Admin to roll-out the rules. I have not heard anything definate on E...

CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook not authenticating
One of our staff here was prompted to change his Active Directory account password when logging in. After changing his password, he in now unable to access CRM in Outlook via the Sales for Outlook utility. He can access his exchange mail fine and CRM via the web interface. I have all ready removed and re-added the CRM Sales for Outlook add-in from his outlook client. -- John Smolenaers Network Engineer CSM Technology http://www.csm.com.au ...

Turn back on CRM for Outlook 2003
I right clicked on the folder Microsoft CRM in outlook 2003. I beleive it said "turn off CRM" or something like that and now all the folders and toolbars for CRM in outlook are gone. I've booted, restarted, everything I could think of. Does anyone have an idea on how to turn CRM back on so it displays back in Outlook Thanks Have a look under Help> About Microsoft Outlook > Disabled items. Failing that try under tools>options>other>advance>com addins (if this is ticked, untick, restart, tick again) Dav "posinet" wrote: > I right clicked on th...

CRM Outlook Setup
I've been struggling to get the outlook client setup. The configuration wizard finds the CRM server but then validates all the pre-requisites have been met. It keep telling me that it failed to determine whther Microsoft outlook has been initialized. Im using outlook 2007. It's fairly urgent I solve this but im at a loss as to what to do. Shot in the dark: is it possible you never activated Office 2007? Did you make sure that the user already had an Outlook acount set up? Is the user a local admin on the machine? "Anonymous Bosch" wrote: > Shot in the dark: ...

hyperlink to case in CRM 3
Hi, In CRM 1.2 i used to have a workflow that would send an email with case information like the case number, title..etc and there was also a hyperlink that would view that case...this link didn't work after the upgrade to CRM 3 i changed the link to <a href="http://crmserver/CS/cases/edit.aspx?id={!Case:IncidentId;}">. and it worked for a while but now it's not ..i viewed all posts about this but my method was very simple and it worked for sometime. So any Ideas why that happened ? Aby ...