Multiple tasks in sales process stage

I have a sales process with multiple tasks within a stage (4 - 6).
Each of these tasks needs to be handled with the previous one being a
prerequisite to completing the next.  When I reschedule 1 of the tasks
(say the first 1 in the list) then the others (task 2, 3 and 4) should
be rescheduled accordingly, or at least I would think so.

It seems as though upon changing stages all tasks are created and
assigned a due date and are then left static.

The only workaround here is to create a stage for each task in order to
wait for a previous task to be completed before moving to the next task
in the list.  I cant really do forecasting properly with a funnel with
25 phases...any suggestions?

0
funboy
7/22/2005 12:24:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Funboy,

Have you tried to use the Wait condition?
Put in a wait condition after the first task, and define the wait condition
to wait until the previous task is compleeted. After the wait condition you
create the next task...etc. This way the tasks are created relative to when
the previous task is completed, instead of all tasks being created when
initiating the sales process.

Hope this helps!

Henning B. Treichl
(WM-data, Denmark)

"funboy" <public@esteq.com> wrote in message
>I have a sales process with multiple tasks within a stage (4 - 6).
> Each of these tasks needs to be handled with the previous one being a
> prerequisite to completing the next.  When I reschedule 1 of the tasks
> (say the first 1 in the list) then the others (task 2, 3 and 4) should
> be rescheduled accordingly, or at least I would think so.
>
> It seems as though upon changing stages all tasks are created and
> assigned a due date and are then left static.
>
> The only workaround here is to create a stage for each task in order to
> wait for a previous task to be completed before moving to the next task
> in the list.  I cant really do forecasting properly with a funnel with
> 25 phases...any suggestions?

0
Henning
7/22/2005 1:37:01 PM
Hey Henning.

Now that would solve the problem!

Unfortunately one cannot insert conditions like 'wait' into a sales
process phase in the workflow manager...this seems to be limited to the
opportunity element.

Any other suggestions?

0
funboy
7/25/2005 7:30:22 AM
Do we know if it is possible at all to insert a WAIT Statement inside a
Sales Process Stage?

0
funboy

Reminder/Task for PO Approval
We've setup a PO Approval hierarchy for various dollar amounts levels. How is the user who is "reported to" notified that a PO is waiting for his/her approval? In other words, if the approving authority logs into GP how do they know that there are x number of POs awaiting their approval? Aman, While you can add this as a reminder, it makes more sense to create a business alert notification rather. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Aman" wrote: > In other words, if the approvin...

BES Server and Multiple Domains?
This question might be more appropriate on RIM's forums but here we go... I have a sister company coming on to my servers here, using our equipment etc... I'm slowly setting up our exchange server to handle incoming mail for both of our domains and that seems to be working. I'm stuck on having multiple GALs which MS made more complex than is neccisary to do. My concern is with the account that BES uses to interface with Exchange. It pulls the data from the primary GAL we have. Now if I set up 2 GALs for our 2 companies (and restrict them to their respective groups) I am thi...

conditional format multiple colours
Hi I am using vlookup to place the "display" value in a different cell but what I want to do if possible is have the cell change colour a well ie 08:00 - 1500 (pink). I am not allowed to use VB to accomplis this. vlookup(B5,rota,3) (rota) No. Hours Display Colour 0 0 00:00 - 00:00 2 1 7 08:00 - 15:00 7 2 7 09:00 - 16:00 37 3 5 09:00 - 14:00 40 4 7 15:00 - 22:00 3 5 6 16:00 - 22:00 35 6 6 14:00 - 20:00 40 7 3 18:00 - 21:00 34 8 11 08:00 - 19:00 6 9 9 10:00 - 19:00 6 Thanks Joh -- atme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- atmel...

change site on sales order
I entered several sales orders with the incorrect site. How can I change the site on these sales orders. I thought that changing the site on the header will roll it down to the lines but that has not happened. This is Great Plains 8.0 I believe you have to change the line items yourself. The header site is simply the default for new line items. After all, if you intentionally have mixture of sites in the line items you would not necessarily want the header to roll down the changes to the line items. Although, it would be nice if the choice was there. -- Charles Allen, MVP "S...

Check 21 Processing
I've searched Microsoft Solution Finder and ISV Central for Check 21 processing and have only come up with one reference (Creditron). I am wondering if anyone has additional references to products that scan and store check images, create electronic bank deposits, and (ideally) interface with Dynamics GP RM Cash Receipts entry. Thank you, -- Mike Lupro ...

Multiple criteria in Data Validation
I have a worksheet that uses data validation with a Sumif() restriction. I want to add another Sumif() restriction on the same range of cells. Is this possible? Thanks in advance- Amy Use sumproduct, what's the conditions you want to validate for? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Amy Stein" <amylina@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144338363.960216.93530@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a worksheet that uses data validation with a Sumif() > restriction. I want to add another Sumif() restriction on the same > range of cell...

Cancelled Apays still processing
About 6-8 weeks ago I cancelled two apay series for loans that had been paid in full. Money sent the cancellation notices to my bank and removed both series from my bill pay calendar. Just tonight I noticed that on 7/28 and 8/6 payments were sent, one to each Apay series recipient. These payments never showed in my future bills list; do not show in the bill calendar; and, when clicked on in the account register, give me no way to remove the series permanently. One payment is to a local credit union, so I have no fear I can get that money back easily. The other, though, was sent to a...

lost credit card sale
hello, am running RMS version 1.3.0203 (btw what is the latest version?)with mercury payment system, I added a american express as a new tender type but forgot to check the tap for verify via EDC , and ran about four to five sales, so what I have now is only the last four number of the credit card and autograph of them, is there a way to recall or find the whole c.c number and resend it via EDC or did I lose these sales, btw I did a z report and closed the batch allready thanks in advance Latest version is actually 1.3R, I think what you are running is 1.3. 1.3R also has about 6 hotfi...

Trendline of multiple series #2
Am I able to calculate the trend over multiple sheets to get on inclusive trend using the trend function, if so how do I do i -- geooi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geooil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27890 How many data points? You cannot plot data that stretches over multiple sheets without somehow consolidating it: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html I'm not sure LINEST works with range...

New Task Requests Not Resource Leveling Properly
We are running Project Server 2007 and Project Profesional 2007 with the latest server packs. A user requests a "New Task" from their "My Tasks" PWA page. The Project Manager accepts this NewTask and it gets added to the Project Schedule. If the Project Manager then Resource Levels the schedule, that "New Task" gets moved out in time for no apparent reason. It is as if extra delay has been added without the knowledge of the Project Manager. Any clues or reasons on why this is happening? Answered same post yesterday: Is the new task linked to ...

sales tax
Does Money 2004 Business handle sales tax issues. ...

using outlook 2003 multiple printing
Have had auto printing of orders recieved installed and all worked well until lately when for what ever reason when outlook querries the isp for messages we receive randon duplicate and sometime triplicates of the same message and of course the rule in place says print it and we can't figure out what has changed to cause this to happen. ...

What's An Easy Way To Establish Predecessor/Follower Relationship in Multiple Tasks At Once?
I have 70 subtasks under one task. Each subtask is the same task performed every day for 70 days. None begin until the previous one has been completed so they have a predecessor/follower relationship. Is there an easy way to designate this relationship in all 70 subtasks? Easier than going through and creating the relation one at a time? ...

Config Exchange/Outlook use Multiple Email addresses for Sending
Ini Outlook 2003 - non-exchange, I have created multiple POP3 accounts just so I can select different email addresses to send emails (From Line) How can I do the same using Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange (of course without POP3 accounts)? I have configured the Exchange server with multiple email addresses in the User's profile, but I cannot find any method to access this information when I send an email. I want the ability to use my Exchange account to read and send emails, without the need of multiple local POP3 accounts. One main reason for this is for I can use these addresses when ...

Sales Stages in CRM Systsem....
Guys, I'd like to create several Sales Stages within our MS CRM solution, however can't seem to find any reference materials on how to do this. There's nothing in the help about this also. Can anyone help me on this issue ? Thanks a million, Tony Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. Tony >-----Original Message----- >On the installation CD go to Pfiles\MSCRM\Tools. You will find an XML file >called "SPI Solution Selling Template V1_2" >This is Sales Professionals Internationals template sales opportunity >workflow that Microsoft provides as a s...

Task Form
Hello, I am using Outlook 2002 and designing a task form (I am a newbie). I have dragged and dropped build in fields on to the tabs and published the form. When I start a task based on this form the fields such as "date created" or any other field that should autocomplete isn't. It is just void. thanks. Regards, Daniel The Created date won't be set until you save the item.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Adminis...

Excel validation using multiple conditions
Hi I am faced with a situation where i need some help. I a having a worksheet which calculates the number of leave accumulated fo an employee. when we choose a particular option for the employee, say "xx" whe he/she works overtime, right now i have set up a formula to calculat the number of times this occurs. I need help to further enhance this functionality. Based on the date o which the "xx" is entered into a particular employee's row, i need t create another column which validates the particular date and check whether more than a month has elapsed from the date...

Adding multiple hotmail accounts
I can only add one hotmail account, I was hoping to be able to add one for me and one for my wife. It doesn't seem possible. I tried Tools / Email Accounts, with no luck. Thanks What version of Outlook? Outlook 2003 is the first version to allow multiple Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, rdbkal asked: | I can only add one hotmail account, I was hoping to...

Chart Covering Info from Multiple Sheets
I have survey data and each sheet holds the scores from a certain week for each of the 11 questions. I want to make 11 line charts that will show the answers over time for each question. For instance, chart 1 would be question 1. A week would be the x value of each point and the y value would be the average score for that question. The score is in the same cell on each sheet it that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Zach -- OlYeller21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ OlYeller21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

security task type
When a user needs access to Type 'Files' in Security Tasks. Thanks, -- Toni ------=_NextPart_0001_378180D0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Files are used by the report writer. You would need to provide access if you wanted the user to be able to create reports against that table. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingFo...

'permanently delete it' without 'stop processing more rules'
In the past week my Junk Email has increased to an amount that is driving me crazy. I am now setting up some rules to act on those emails that are going into my Junk E-Mail folder automatically (which is great) BUT, I then want my Outlook 2007 to permanently delete them without me having to manually do it. Every time I assign the check mark to 'permanently delete it' the 'stop processing more rules' automatically gets checked and I cannot uncheck it. Please give me a simple solution to accomplish what I want to do - which is to permanently delete these junk ema...

Multiple Offsets
Hi all, I have a worksheet with the following code listed below. The idea is that once a cell in a particular row is populated with an 11 digit claim# it will jump to the first cell 2 columns over at the top of the particular table of claim#'s. I hope that makes sense. Anyways the first Function works fine, when I put an 11 digit claim# in row 11 and press enter the correct cell is selected at the top of the next column I want to enter in. However when I try to do the same in Rows 23, 35, and 47 nothing happens. My code is the same for these functions so I can't fig...

Sales Rep #2
Hi everyone, Is there a way to have more than one sales rep on the same transaction? ie. 1 item sold by Sales rep A and another by Sales rep B? Thanks, Sacha Sacha, Yes you can change the sale rep for each item on the transaction. Go to the Sales Rep column on the POS screen for the item you want to set the rep (by tabbing to or clicking on the column) and type in the rep's number. Marc "Sacha Favelevic" <sacha@chiacgocashregister.com> wrote in message news:O1dvM3dCJHA.4368@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > Is there a way to have more than o...

Exchange 2003 and FTP FIND Processes
I have an Exchange 2003 Ent. cluster. In the processes list of the active node, I have about 500 instances of FTP.EXE and FIND.EXE When I end task to either one of these, it kills an instance of the other. Not sure why these keep getting generated. I can kill these processes manually but using tskill gives me an "access denied" If I reboot they go away but eventually they generate again and within a few days I will get hundreds of these processes. Does anybody have any idea why these processes are showing up and why so many? My first thought is are your AV definitions uptodate? ...

Great Plains should permit the deletion of unposted sales docs.
Great Plains should permit the deletion of uposted sales/invoice documents. I generated 500+ invoices, printed to my screen, detected an error and cannot delete the batch because GP will not permit the deletion of printed items. These docs are not final until the post option is selected. The user should be able to delete the batch. Process the correction. and reintegrate. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...