Multiple Relationships between 2 Entities

All.

We've encountered a problem where pairs of entities with 2 (or more)
relationships between them cause issues when creating records through the
associated grids.

We have an entity with 2 relationships to Account, there are 2 navbar items
displayed on the Account (this is fine as the 2 relationships are for
different purposes) however creating a record from the associated grid
results in both lookups to the Account being set to the same account.

Checking the relationship mappings, both relationships have both lookups
mapped to account.accountid (which is not what we want) and as these
relationships are system relationships they cannot be deleted.

I've also noticed that on the querystring for the new custom entity, no
details are passed along as to which relationship the create is for.

This is causing a problem as with CRM4, it was supposed to be possible to
have multiple relationships between the same pair of entities however this
issue makes the new feature useless (and we need to be able to store this
kind of information).

Is this a known issue, and is it likely to be fixed?

Regards.

Simon

0
simonp (1)
2/21/2008 1:39:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The mappings in CRM only have a source entity type and target entity type.
The relationship is not part of the mapping. Result is that regardless of
which relationship between entiteis you use the same map is used.
In some relationships this is not a problem i.e. account-contact 'primary
contact' and 'secondary contact'. But for some relations ship this is a
problem i.e. lead-contact 'Reffered By' in the latter case you don't want any
mapping to occur.

Unfortunally this is shortcomming of the platform.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

"Simon Purdy" wrote:

> All.
>
> We've encountered a problem where pairs of entities with 2 (or more)
> relationships between them cause issues when creating records through the
> associated grids.
>
> We have an entity with 2 relationships to Account, there are 2 navbar items
> displayed on the Account (this is fine as the 2 relationships are for
> different purposes) however creating a record from the associated grid
> results in both lookups to the Account being set to the same account.
>
> Checking the relationship mappings, both relationships have both lookups
> mapped to account.accountid (which is not what we want) and as these
> relationships are system relationships they cannot be deleted.
>
> I've also noticed that on the querystring for the new custom entity, no
> details are passed along as to which relationship the create is for.
>
> This is causing a problem as with CRM4, it was supposed to be possible to
> have multiple relationships between the same pair of entities however this
> issue makes the new feature useless (and we need to be able to store this
> kind of information).
>
> Is this a known issue, and is it likely to be fixed?
>
> Regards.
>
> Simon

0
Patrick2861 (490)

multiple email identities

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

Seperate jobs for multiple worksheets
Separate jobs are sent to printers when I select multiple worksheets... If I print to PDF, multiple files are created. How can I avoid this? ...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...

Backing Up Outlook #2
I have Windows XP Professional installed. Is there a simple and straight forward way to back up all my Outlook folders and address books to CD? Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "mel weston" <mel.weston@micronsecurity.com> wrote in message news:068d01c35018$e7f97b70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have...

Multiple DHCP servers
I have 2 DHCP servers setup in my domain using the 80/20 rule that Microsoft recommends. I have problems with the 2nd DHCP server however, because it continues to run out of available address leases as it would appear clients default to pulling their addresses from the DHCP server with fewer addresses. Is there a way to default clients to pull their address from a specific DHCP server first and when unavailable, from the second DHCP server? Hi JT Welcome to the Microsoft Macintosh Office newsgroup. Personally, I would like my computers, refrigerator and heating system to each have th...