Multiple Profiles Using Terminal Server

Does anyone know if anything has changed around using multiple profiles with
Terminal Server? Last time I checked you can only use CRM Outlook using the
user that installed the Outlook Client. Is this still true?
0
Scottie (3)
11/13/2008 12:51:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

With CRM 4.0 this has changed.  In fact, there were ways to configure it
with 3.0 as well.  But, 4.0 has a seperate "config" step for the client that
makes this a lot easier.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"Scottie" <Scottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Does anyone know if anything has changed around using multiple profiles with
Terminal Server? Last time I checked you can only use CRM Outlook using the
user that installed the Outlook Client. Is this still true?

0
mattp651 (48)

Which Exchange-aware Anti-Virus can I use ?
Is it not wise to use Symantec AV Corporate edition client (8.00.9374)on Exchange 2003 ? I had to rebuild our Exchange Server and I want to be sure which AV client is best. thanks chrism. WE have been using trend micro for exchange where we have to.... You do not want to be scanning the drives with a 'regular' AV client. "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message news:%23TD1hNgOFHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it not wise to use Symantec AV Corporate edition client (8.00.9374)on > Exchange 2003 ? > > I had to rebuild our Exchange Server a...

Multiple calendar view?
Outlook 2003, At my workplace everybody maintains their own calendar in Outlook at their workstation, but they are shared across the network. So if I want to see where someone is today I just call up their calendar. But is there a way to view all shared calendars at once? That is, I would like to have everybody's appointments and events from their calendars merged together into one (yes, it will be very "busy" but that's okay) calendar so that I have a "big picture" of what's going on at the company? Thanks for any suggestions, ~d. jettster Dexter...

Add my old exch 55 mail server back to SRS
I need to rollback to my exchange 55 server. I deleted the exchange 55 server from the SRS but I am still in mixed mode after an inplace upgrade to Exchange 2003. I want to move my mailboxes back to exchange 55 but need to re-create the connection object back to this server via the ADC. From here I should be able to move the mailboxes back to 55 and start a rollback sequence. Is there any doco's, KB articles, or tips on how to do this? Thanks very much ...

VBA Conditional Formating Using Logical Expression
I am new to VBA so please provide as much explanation in your responses as possible as I would love to learn more. I have a set of data (call it range 1) that resides in specific cells (all in one column) and does not change. I have another set of data (call it range 2) that is spread across 5 columns and occupies the same rows as range 1. Range 2 values in each of the 5 columns relate to the Range 1 data in the same row. I need to set up more than three conditions using >, <, = or n/a to determine the color of each of the cells in range 2. As data is entered into th...

Can outlook tasks/appointments update multiple calendars?
Hello all, * Outlook 2002 * Exchange 5.5 I would like to setup a departmental calendar that gets updated by individual users calendars, is this possible? The reason for this is so that that when a users enters their holiday dates into their own calendar the departmental calendar is also updated. I would also like the departmental calendar to show the username instead of just showing 'Holiday'. I'm aware that appointments can be copied from one calendar to another but this leaves two seperate appointments. Thanks in advance. Dave. See my response to your other post...

Secure POP3/IMAP4 Virtual Servers
Hi! I want to create secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003 server. Exchange server should accept both secure and non-secure connections for POP3/IMAP4. Must I use addiotally IP addresses for secure POP3/IMAP4? Or can I use the same IP address for both non-secure and secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers? Best Regards Mustafa Hi you can using this KB depoly your POP3/IMAP 4 Virtual Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024 -- Jammy "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :07481DA8-C1BE-4160-BF93-A3887C830F72@micros...

Slow or unable to send multiple email attachments
I am having difficulty sending email attachments. I disable my VirusScan and still have this problem. Any ideas? Nope. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer neil <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I am having difficulty sending email attachments. I | disable my VirusScan and still have this problem. Any | ideas? ...

using excel to compare two worksheets
I have two work sheets, one worksheet "RASTER" contains data like: 458 688 689 1208 1209 1651 1847 1848 2403 2404 2606 2616 2675 2677 6121 6609 6690 6691 and the other worksheet PRO-E contains data like: 689 1209 2616 2677 2830 2869 2870 2873 6695 7014 7399 8575 9098 9747 13405 13529 15992 16196 as you can see the two lists contain values with exact matches and also don't have matches. What I want to do is combine or compare the two worksheets and only show me what does not match. I only am concerned with keeping none matching values from worksheet RASTER. Thanks. Rodney...

Please provide me some instructions about ..inf file used to make a cab file
I've made a "big" AcitveX control, it uses a lot of .dll files In order to make a cab file ,I have to make a .inf file first. I've read related files in MSDN .But they are too short. I need a complete .inf file. Please help me. Thank u very much!!! http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/create-inf_4l47.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/inf-format_7soi.asp Have you read this? ...

Server and Outlook
If my office were to purchase the server, could you tell me how that would help us fit our business needs? Having a program that can communicate with Outlook is very important for us and I need to be sure that Project with server could do this. Will it be able to e-mail or send employee's deadline reminders (for different steps of the project due on a specific date)? Will it be able to send them reminders if a deadline has changed that will notify them of the change? Could it even schedule meetings for people? I need to know how well Outlook and Project can be integrated. ...

multiple query criteria
Let's start with the fact that I am an Access novice, so if this looks like I am way off base, and cannot get any guidance here, just let me know. What I have is a table listing vehicle inspection standards. A vehicle tag number, and then 50 fields such as, wipers inop, headlight inop, etc. My fields are numeric, because there is a point system used to determine a pass/fail. I input the tag number, and if the specific area is deficient, I enter either a 10 or a 25 for point values. What I end up with, is a table with tag numbers and then fields showing p...

Two computers in office used by same user...problems
Seems that my boss insists on using two separate offices and keeps both signed in with multiple items in Outlook all day long. The NK2 file seems to change between the two of them and many times he doesn't have the same contact information simultaneously on both machines. He is very tired of this and so am I??? I would be willing to purchase software to take care of this problem if necessary...I just need to know where to start to keep information identical between the logins on 2 different computers...thanks! Dear Jeannie, i am not sure if this is going to help you, but i think you n...

Separate Exchange Server for CRM on SBS
Hello, Is it a possibility to have CRM on an SBS server and at the same utilize exchange server 2003 which is on a separate server . If not what would be the alternative? Client in this specfic case doesn't want to use the Exchange that comes along with SBS. Pls advice. rgds ...

Pulling information from master sheet to multiple sheets
I am creating a sheet that has a front/master sheet into which my colleagues enter information on a daily basis, I then want that information to feed through to further sheets. However the front sheet is always sety to Today() and I want the further info to feed into the correct dates on the back up sheets. I have tried setting up IF formuale but it just keeps coming up #VALUE. HELP!!!! Can you post your IF formula? "KTB" wrote: > I am creating a sheet that has a front/master sheet into which my colleagues > enter information on a daily basis, I then want that infor...

How do I create letterhead for others to use without changing the
I can't figure out how to save the letterhead design I've created so that others can just open up a word document and start typing their letter, invoice etc... How do I protect the creative and make the curser automatically start where a user's written document should begin?? Have you saved your design as a graphic and inserted it into the header of a Word template? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "CarenG" <CarenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:923E2FA4-E356-48E...

users loses profile overnight fixed
I think I have a fix. But can anyone explain what is happening here? I have found a solution (not mine, from other forums) that, so far, seems to be working for this problem. (refer to thread http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-server-ad/201003/1 for full problem) I will post it here for other seekers. Also, if anyone (Ace maybe?) can explain what might be going on, I'd love to gain the insight. thx, k The following procedure avoids that (blowing away the user profile) and seems to fix the problem, and can be executed remotely with a little effort, without bot...

Using Money2006 100% OFFLINE
Hi, I just upgraded from M99 to M06. Every time I open Money, it starts updating my account, a process which goes on for hours, and I have to do a hard shutdown of my PC to stop it. I do not want to use Passport or any other online/downloading feature. All I want to do is restore my old M99 file and pick up where I left off. Does anyone know how I can just use Money 100% offline (i.e., enter all of my transactions and reconcile my account manually)? I followed the instructions on removing my Passport credentials and my personal financial info from MSN Money, but it still keeps tryin...

Using "Sum" to add values from records in detail section
I have a report that contains a customer ID header, customer detail section, and customer ID footer. In the detail section i have 4 fields that i am applying an equation to, and performing that in a 5th field unbound control =([Set 1 Reps]+[Set 2 Reps]+[Set 3 Reps]+[Set 4 Reps])*[Category Point Value]). When i view the report it gives me the correct number for this calculation (the 5th field name where this calculation is happening is called "Text48"). In the footer section i am now trying to add up a total of every record that shows up in the detail section like so =Sum([Text...

.csv File to .xml File in VB.Net using 2.0 Framework and .xsd
Hey All, I've been searching for a code snippet, not a 3rd party tool, that takes a ..csv file and transforms it to an .xml file based upon an .xsd. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a code snippet? I would prefer vb.net but C# is fine too or even pseudo code with appropriate .Net objects and example. Thanks, TC TC, A CSV has no XSD, and there is not even a relatieon, how did you want to do this, without a XSD it is simple, http://www.vb-tips.com/dbpages.aspx?Search=csv To make it an xml file you do simple ds.WriteXML(path) Cor "TC" <getm...

Using the "Enter" key
I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed. The one, and most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form. Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005? Is there a way to get this function back? Thanks Steve P. In microsoft.public.money, devious7120 wrote: >I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. >However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 200...

How do I stop using data source no longer needed for charts?
HOW DO I DELETE AN AUTOMATIC LINK which is no longer there? I have copied a chart from one workbook to create a new workbook. Now it always says this wkbk contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Grace - You can unlink a chart from its source data. This web page describes several ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Grace wrote: > HOW DO I DELETE AN AUTOMATIC LINK which is no longer there? &g...

Print Column Headings on multiple sheets
I have a budget that when printed is one page wide and three tall. How can I add the column headings to the second and third pages? click file/page setup and click the sheet tab click the icon next to rows to repeat at top select the rows click the icon again and then ok -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "wx4usa" <wx4usa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:19421c6b-0ea5-4524-8574-8dea96d44bde@22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com... >I have a budget that when printed is one page wide and three tall. How > can I add the column headings to the second and third pages?...

LNK2005 and LNK2001 errors using CString
Hi Everyone, I created a win32 console application project in vc++, for some reason as soon as I attempt to instantiate a CString object I get the following errors: nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in LIBCD.lib(new.obj) nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCD.lib(dbgdel.obj) nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)" (?? 2@YAPAXIHP...

Mailbox Size limit
A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example). The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down to 750,000 KB. I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but really he shouldn't have received one this morning. Any thuoghts as to why? He did log off his computer yesterday so I would have thought that the mailbox ...

Can taxes be totalled on separate sheet when using Excel invoices
Each month I create approx 75 invoices. At the end of the month I'd like to know what my grand "sub total" is, my 7% tax total and my 8% tax totals, on a summary sheet. One step further, I'd like to have each month's summary sheet roll onto another sheet or workbook even, whatever is better, as a 12 month accumulative summary sheet. ...