Multiple MS CRM Installations on Same Domain

Has anyone set up multiple MS CRM Installations on the same domain?  The
scenario I'm working is installing 2 MS CRM sites on a domain using the
Active Works Cycle company and our NFR copy.

I am hoping this environment can share a Domain Controller, SQL Server, and
Exchange Server, while I'm certain I'll need a separate MS CRM web server
for both installations.

1 Domain controller
2 MS CRM Servers
1 MS SQL Server
1 Exchange Server

Has anyone done this?  Any gotchas?

Thanks,
Dean

0
Dean
9/5/2003 5:01:38 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We have three CRM Servers running on the same domain without any problems.

"Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
> I dont think you can accomplish 100% of what you want, but since one of
them
> is just for testing I dont see why you're going to add all that extra load
> on your work servers.
>
> What I did was grab some old workstation and installed SQL, Exchange, and
> CRM on it (this machine is on the same domain as our working CRM, but runs
> all services independantly). So far this has worked good. Its a big slow
> compared to our work server, but its only a test server and only 5 people
> max can use it........
>
> good luck
>  -Gary
>
> "Dean Beckley" <dean at(@) omegagroup dot(.) com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone set up multiple MS CRM Installations on the same domain?  The
> > scenario I'm working is installing 2 MS CRM sites on a domain using the
> > Active Works Cycle company and our NFR copy.
> >
> > I am hoping this environment can share a Domain Controller, SQL Server,
> and
> > Exchange Server, while I'm certain I'll need a separate MS CRM web
server
> > for both installations.
> >
> > 1 Domain controller
> > 2 MS CRM Servers
> > 1 MS SQL Server
> > 1 Exchange Server
> >
> > Has anyone done this?  Any gotchas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dean

0
Mark
9/5/2003 5:40:22 PM
Agreed, but I don't think it will work how Dean outlined.  You will need a
second isntance of SQL in order to pull it off as both CRM installs will
want to create DB's with the same names.

"Mark Heimonen" <markh@adiaim.com> wrote in message
We have three CRM Servers running on the same domain without any problems.

"Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
> I dont think you can accomplish 100% of what you want, but since one of
them
> is just for testing I dont see why you're going to add all that extra load
> on your work servers.
>
> What I did was grab some old workstation and installed SQL, Exchange, and
> CRM on it (this machine is on the same domain as our working CRM, but runs
> all services independantly). So far this has worked good. Its a big slow
> compared to our work server, but its only a test server and only 5 people
> max can use it........
>
> good luck
>  -Gary
>
> "Dean Beckley" <dean at(@) omegagroup dot(.) com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone set up multiple MS CRM Installations on the same domain?  The
> > scenario I'm working is installing 2 MS CRM sites on a domain using the
> > Active Works Cycle company and our NFR copy.
> >
> > I am hoping this environment can share a Domain Controller, SQL Server,
> and
> > Exchange Server, while I'm certain I'll need a separate MS CRM web
server
> > for both installations.
> >
> > 1 Domain controller
> > 2 MS CRM Servers
> > 1 MS SQL Server
> > 1 Exchange Server
> >
> > Has anyone done this?  Any gotchas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dean

0
Matt
9/5/2003 10:19:08 PM
Matt,

Using a different instance of SQL Server is no a problem, but I was thinking
that I wouldn't have to because the Organization names will be different.
It looks like the database name is created with the Organization name during
install.

What do you think?

Dean

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message
> Agreed, but I don't think it will work how Dean outlined.  You will need a
> second isntance of SQL in order to pull it off as both CRM installs will
> want to create DB's with the same names.
>

> "Mark Heimonen" <markh@adiaim.com> wrote in message
> We have three CRM Servers running on the same domain without any problems.
>
> "Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
> > I dont think you can accomplish 100% of what you want, but since one of
> them
> > is just for testing I dont see why you're going to add all that extra
load
> > on your work servers.
> >
> > What I did was grab some old workstation and installed SQL, Exchange,
and
> > CRM on it (this machine is on the same domain as our working CRM, but
runs
> > all services independantly). So far this has worked good. Its a big slow
> > compared to our work server, but its only a test server and only 5
people
> > max can use it........
> >
> > good luck
> >  -Gary
> >
> > "Dean Beckley" <dean at(@) omegagroup dot(.) com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone set up multiple MS CRM Installations on the same domain?
The
> > > scenario I'm working is installing 2 MS CRM sites on a domain using
the
> > > Active Works Cycle company and our NFR copy.
> > >
> > > I am hoping this environment can share a Domain Controller, SQL
Server,
> > and
> > > Exchange Server, while I'm certain I'll need a separate MS CRM web
> server
> > > for both installations.
> > >
> > > 1 Domain controller
> > > 2 MS CRM Servers
> > > 1 MS SQL Server
> > > 1 Exchange Server
> > >
> > > Has anyone done this?  Any gotchas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dean

0
Dean
9/8/2003 2:18:22 PM
Sorry, misread your original post.  Thought you were trying to setup 2
instances of Adventure Works.  Installing with different keys shouldn't be a
problem on the same SQL instance.

Matt,

Using a different instance of SQL Server is no a problem, but I was thinking
that I wouldn't have to because the Organization names will be different.
It looks like the database name is created with the Organization name during
install.

What do you think?

Dean

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message
> Agreed, but I don't think it will work how Dean outlined.  You will need a
> second isntance of SQL in order to pull it off as both CRM installs will
> want to create DB's with the same names.
>

> "Mark Heimonen" <markh@adiaim.com> wrote in message
> We have three CRM Servers running on the same domain without any problems.
>
> "Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
> > I dont think you can accomplish 100% of what you want, but since one of
> them
> > is just for testing I dont see why you're going to add all that extra
load
> > on your work servers.
> >
> > What I did was grab some old workstation and installed SQL, Exchange,
and
> > CRM on it (this machine is on the same domain as our working CRM, but
runs
> > all services independantly). So far this has worked good. Its a big slow
> > compared to our work server, but its only a test server and only 5
people
> > max can use it........
> >
> > good luck
> >  -Gary
> >
> > "Dean Beckley" <dean at(@) omegagroup dot(.) com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone set up multiple MS CRM Installations on the same domain?
The
> > > scenario I'm working is installing 2 MS CRM sites on a domain using
the
> > > Active Works Cycle company and our NFR copy.
> > >
> > > I am hoping this environment can share a Domain Controller, SQL
Server,
> > and
> > > Exchange Server, while I'm certain I'll need a separate MS CRM web
> server
> > > for both installations.
> > >
> > > 1 Domain controller
> > > 2 MS CRM Servers
> > > 1 MS SQL Server
> > > 1 Exchange Server
> > >
> > > Has anyone done this?  Any gotchas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dean

0
Matt

CRM 3.0 Implementation

multiple flyers per page?

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

number rounding in MS Excel

Multiple stacked bar charts

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

Single click selects multiple cells