multiple instance of CRM on domain

We have a situation where two divisions want seperate instances of CRM.  It
is important to note, each division has it's own domain.

While I know we can manage that, my question concerns the exchange router.
Since the email for both divisions come through the same exchange server (and
through a third domain), my assumption is there would only be one exchange
router.

Has anyone done this before and what are the potential issues I may need to
address to make this work?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This will probably answer your question (or some parts of it anyway):
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/10/05/Supporting-multiple-Exchange-servers-and_2F00_or-multiple-Microsoft-CRM-implementations.aspx

The only trick will be authentication as the router is required to
communicate with CRMs in different domains. If domains are not part of the
same forest, you can always try setting up trust relationships, I guess (or
run the router under a fixed account and recreate account/password in each
domain - it might just work).

Hope it help.
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"James Allen" <JamesAllen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a situation where two divisions want seperate instances of CRM.
> It
> is important to note, each division has it's own domain.
>
> While I know we can manage that, my question concerns the exchange router.
> Since the email for both divisions come through the same exchange server
> (and
> through a third domain), my assumption is there would only be one exchange
> router.
>
> Has anyone done this before and what are the potential issues I may need
> address to make this work?

0
George

Using multiple smtp servers for different locations on Outlook 2000
I have a number of employees that use laptops and need different outgoing smtp servers. Usually one for home and one for the office. Is there a way to have both and choose between the two instead of retyping the server info every morning and night when they take the computer home. Why not have them always use a single SMTP server, presuming it supports authenticated relay? That way, they never have to change anything, if they set up Outlook to authenticate to that SMTP server. Joe W wrote: > I have a number of employees that use laptops and need > different outgoing smtp servers. ...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Using crm:5555 rather than a custom hostheader
All I would just like to know what's the recommended solution for a CRM (v3) deployment:- use the standard crm:5555 or a custom hostheader e.g. crm.mycompany.net. Will the custom hostheader cause me any problems? Will external users be able to logon remotely using this host header? Many thanks, Nick. ...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Multiple PST Files #2

catching enter key for multiple editboxes
I know that to catch the enter key I need to subclass the editbox control, but I was wondering if there is a way to do this for multiple editboxes other than to subclass each control? I suppose I could do one and then create the others dynamically, but can it be done during design as well? Roger ...

Great Plains integration to CRM 4.0
does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0? we have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both. Hi Shawn, There is no Microsoft connector yet for CRM 4 and GP. There is one for CRM 3 and GP. Other options are to use • some third party tools like Scribe • or use Microsoft BizTalk • or do custom Programming. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Shawn" wrote: > does an...

Highlight only the second instance of a duplicate
Hello, I am trying to apply conditional formatting to a list where only the second and subsquent duplicates should be highlighted. I've tried =COUNTIF($A$2:$A2,A2)>1 and several other variations but they all result in highlighting the first result, which is the opposite of what I want. Any suggestions? Thanks! Tiffany I think you either posted the wrong formula or you did something wrong in your worksheet. Your conditional formatting formula worked fine for me when I tested it. One more question... Did you select the range and apply the formula to all the cells in that selection...

Multiple Bar Codes Per Item
I'm looking to use Microsoft RMS for a medium sized game store with one terminal. One critical feature is the ability to have multiple bar codes assigned to the same item. Can RMS do this? Gary Gary, If you are talking about multiple part numbers, yes, use the alias function. Remember what a barcode is. Its a graphical representation of a partnumber that is machine readable. It doesn't describe the item, it is only a number to reference that item. Just like your phone number, it means nothing, but everytime someone dials that number, it gets to you. -- * "gareman" ...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

multiple look ups
A B C D E F G H 1 PO TRANS $ $ AMT $ AMT QTY QTY # TYPE AMT RECV VCHR RECV VCHR 2 4227 RECV 668 668 0 26 0 3 4227 RECV 2,415.80 2,415.80 0 94 0 4 4227 VCHR 722 722 0 26 5 TOTAL 3,084 722 120 26 2362.34 For column F and G, I need each QTY RECV to have a matching QTY VCH (***See note at bottom) whereby ultimately, the total RECV QTY equal the total VCHR QTY w...

Immediate Multiple Send Receive
Sometimes I get multiple send receive status and it repeats automatically and could not receive any msgs.I have to close the outlook 2002 and open it again.. then it works fine for few hours then again the same problem. What could be the reason.. I am using Outlook 2002 with SP3.. This problem happend after installation of SP3..Pls help. Thanks in advance On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:12:39 -0700, "Parag" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sometimes I get multiple send receive status and it >repeats automatically and could not receive any msgs.I >have to ...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

collating information from multiple sources
Hi Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mucking around in excel, I've had a search but I don't really know what to call what I want to do, so finding the answer is tricky... Anyway. I have a dozen or so workbooks that are all of the same format, 1 work sheet with a basic list of test scenarios in each, with a unique reference for each row. What I'd like to do is pull information from all those workbooks into a separate workbook by the use of the unique reference. i.e If I type in the unique reference in the master workb...

selecting multiple choices from a drop down list
I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to selec multiple entries from that list. Does anyone know how I go this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If this is a data validation list, you could use code to compile a list of selected items. For example, if the data validation is in column C, the following code will store the selected items in the same row in column D: '============================= Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rngDV As Range Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub On Error Resume N...

Multiple Item Forms
Hi. I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms. I want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called 'SurveyA'. The multiple item form should then only display the records in a table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number. As the ID number is changed a new group of records should be displayed in the form. I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box (i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item forms. Please help. On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:00:2...

CRM 3.0 Setup err databases already exist on the specified SQL Ser
ReportServer ReportServerTempDB Question : How to clear this problem? The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Cause There are two causes for this error: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the specified server. Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Solution One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for Microsoft SQL Server Repor...

CRM Crystal Reports Uniqueidentifier
Dear all, I have been customising the paramaterise reports for MS CRM so that site managers can view their child users reports... but I hit the wall as we speak because I cannot get Crystal Reports to query the database with the other users' uniqueidentifier GUID... If I put in the currently logged in user GUID into the report for querying, it seemed to work... other than that it does not... >From the Opportunity List by Account (Specify Owner...) report from Microsoft, I changed the Selection Formula under the Account from (account.ownerid) = (?UserId) to (account.ownerid) = (?Chi...

CRM 4.0: Do notes carry over in lead conversion?
Hi all, I know that in CRM 3.0, when you convert a lead, you lose the notes associated with it. Is this still the case with CRM 4.0? Is there maybe a way to fix that now--mapping relationships?!? Thanks. Hi, Same is the case in CRM 4. Notes of Lead will stay with Lead after conversion to Account or contact. To move them to Account or contact, you need coding. Llugin or workflow assembly will work for you. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profil...

CRM server powered down
I have had a power outage in the server room, and the CRM server powered down (not through a standard shutdown). Since rebooting nobody can log in to CRM now. Everybody gets an error message saying "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Can anybody suggest where I begin to fix this? First, check all you sevices such as SQL, CRM Security service, IIS etc are running. It is most likely that the problem lies here after a re-boot. Pete C "Kodak" <Kodak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:928445BB-AC24-44A4-...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few
Hello, We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that have installed IE 7 but we are not sure. We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are using the web interface and the outlook one. We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box everytime they try to do anything in CRM. One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for h...

Split single cell data into multiple colums
i have a huge data, converted from image to Excel. After converting the image to Excel all the data are stored in one cell( A1). But i want that to be split into different colums Example A1 September 15,2006 Name Email ID Father's Name Address City State Pincode Phone1 Phone2 Contact Time Area Code City Code State Code Amount Discount Total Occupation Emp no Remarks The above headers are the data in one single cell, but have too many spaces between each word. Help me get this resolved -- Thanks and...

Why Microsoft CRM
Hello, I am a Microsoft SBS2003 user looking into CRM. I can stay with the brand and install MS CRM1.2 Pro Suite and clients. Or, I can use an on-line, on-demand tool like salesforce.com. Why choose microsoft? Thanhk you. Mark There are a number of considerations when comparing CRM to salesforce.com. Here are a few to consider: Price: While the Professional Edition of salesforce.com is $65/user per month, the Enterprise Edition which allows things like advanced customization, integration with accounting and HR systems, and higher-end administration, is $125/user per month. But even...

CRM 1.2 pro or standard
does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msdn universal version pro or standard? Shawn, My understanding of it is that the Action Pack is a Standard license while the MSDN is a Universal. However, the MSDN license is not valid to be used in a production mode, only for testing, developement & demoes. Matt "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024e01c3caa1$fa3e5400$a501280a@phx.gbl... does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msd...